Encyclopedia Dramatica - Capitulation: The Thread

• Apologies for the site issues. The server's shipment was delayed. I'll ask again about it and if they can't provide it I'll source another.

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net

Freya

i wanna go where the down boys go
kiwifarms.net
When Conrad showed up, I thought "Wow finally someone responsible and level headed." Then he got arrested.
This site is cursed, it really is. The people who actually brought it back in 2011 got the fuck out less than a year later, leaving Zaiger in charge.

Last edited:

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

Super-Chevy454

kiwifarms.net
When Conrad showed up, I thought "Wow finally someone responsible and level headed." Then he got arrested.
This site is cursed, it really is. The people who actually brought it back in 2011 got the fuck out less than a year later, leaving Zaiger in charge.
I wonder if there's a way to get rid of that curse? :thinking:

Freya

i wanna go where the down boys go
kiwifarms.net
Otter has been causing drama and getting into strange sexual relationships with other men for the 7+ years he's been on ED. He got admin after sucking up big time to the serb dude who ran the site before conrad.

Serb dude had to go into hiding after getting harassed by some nutcase and asked Otter to pretend to be in charge while he continued to run the site from the shadows. Otter's only real job was to handle minor disputes and ban vandals, but instead he decided to power trip big time and started reverting people for not editing with proper grammar. The problem was that his edits made the article significantly less funny.

Let me give you an example.

vandalism.png

Occam's Spork

kiwifarms.net
ED is like a more useless SA at this point, if that's even possible. It was funny and a decent place to get lulz back in the day, but tbh, when whatport80 started, the writing was on the wall. I get that girlvinyl wanted to try and get normies to understand why the site was trying to go clean in order to get people to understand what chan culture was, but by that time, the 4chan culture had metastasized and it was just B the wiki. Which could be funny at times, but was mostly, as others have said, just wiki edits saying niggerfaggottrannydipshit, and just a constant attack of that with no real funny explanation of why they would say that in the first place.

If you remember old internet drama, it's invaluable, and I think the whole thing should be archived, if it hasn't already, but it long ago became something of a relic outside of it's forums, which take a special kind of user to really want to join, sorta but not really like here.

I'll always have a respect for what it was pre btard invasion, I could go crack a few beers an laugh my ass off for hours at the articles, the best part was they were so libertarian in the humor, nothing was safe, and the sense of humor was great.

F

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I get that girlvinyl wanted to try and get normies to understand why the site was trying to go clean in order to get people to understand what chan culture was, but by that time, the 4chan culture had metastasized and it was just B the wiki.
But "the site" wasn't trying to "go clean," that was just a stab in the back from the dangerwhale.

Occam's Spork

kiwifarms.net
I guess. I never saw it as that, until ohinternet came about and she tried to shut it down bc internal drama got too much for her. Not that I'm trying to defend what Sherrod did, but that's just what happened. Tbh, I don't really care at this point. It's done, and that part of the internet is long gone by now. Like I said, archive what you can and let it go. Someone will make another site like it, but I doubt it will be centralized.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Looking back, despite her disgraceful actions and her physique, Girlvinyl was probably the most competent sysop the site ever had.
Sad thing is, you're right. Everyone trying to capture the old magic made the site become worse than Oh Internet was. At least it died early on while ED has to share shamble space with Zombie Simpsons and Post 2016 4Chan.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Sad thing is, you're right. Everyone trying to capture the old magic made the site become worse than Oh Internet was. At least it died early on while ED has to share shamble space with Zombie Simpsons and Post 2016 4Chan.
After all the screaming that Trump is going to murder all trannies any day now, the only thing he actually killed was 4chan by flooding it with redditors and boomers.

Tags
None