Epic Games Exclusives - Its time to talk about what the AAA gaming industry does not understand about the PC console.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Soooo the Sinking City is out & people can't play it because there is a problem with the launcher.

PC players are asking for help ON STEAM. Fucking hilarious.

:story:

I was looking forward to play this game but since they lied to Steam users, I will not pay the full price for it even tho I'm a ps4 owner. I wait until the price drops. I don't support lying scumbags.
Shit like this is why no Steam, no buy.

lol who needs forums or reviews.
Nobody "needs" them as such. But who fears them? Thieving chinks, that's who.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
Funny thing there was another interview with Sweeny where he said that it essentially doesnt matter how their store is shit and lacks features, all that matters are the numbers of users. Then he claimed how this "minimalist" approach was good and making their whole "store" less cluttered.

• Winner
Reactions: Agent Wet

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
Funny thing there was another interview with Sweeny where he said that it essentially doesnt matter how their store is shit and lacks features, all that matters are the numbers of users. Then he claimed how this "minimalist" approach was good and making their whole "store" less cluttered.
I wonder if he realizes that having a non-shit store would be the #1 way to grow users.

• Optimistic
  • Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: BrunoMattei and Fek

Secret Asshole

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tim Sweeny still thinks his exclusives will 'improve everything' and thinks doubling down on it will work. His logic is fucking bizarre and makes no fucking sense. He claims they'll stop doing exclusives is Steam does their split and put their games on Steam. Which means making his prime competition more competitive. Business don't fucking work this way. He seems like he's genuinely fucking autistic because it demonstrates absolutely no knowledge of business whatsoever.

The ONLY thing Epic has going for it are exclusives. If they stop doing that, the store will simply die. It makes no fucking sense in any way, shape or form.

skiddlez

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you thith soth, yourth a fuckith morth. Geth yoth mouth oth Tim Sweenth coth and looth at futhith realith. 40% of yoth capitath ith conth bth Chinath. Theyth got 48 percenth, oh excuth me, 48.4 percenth of Epith outstandith sharth. No shith they donth own Epith becauth they donth wanth ith to obey Chinesthe lawth. They ownhn enougth to dick tathe ith and control ith, however. And ith you're goith to teth me that 'HURR IT DOESTH' when Tenceth controlth 40% of their capitalizadickth, you're not even worth sucking dith.
IM SORRY I CANT HEAR YOU OVER THE DICK IN YOUR MOUTH, COULD YOU PLEASE BE LESS OF A PRANCING HOMOEROTIC FAGGOT AND REMOVE THE COCK FROM YOUR MOUTH YOU GAY COCKSUCKING HOMO MAN

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
So, you know that one meme with the guy with the bicycle, where he sticks the stick inbetween the spokens, and injures himself in the process?

That's pretty much what Tim Sweeney's doing here.

Secret Asshole

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He's autistic. That's the only explanation. People want the game on Steam. Therefore Steam is responsible for wanting the game on Steam. No nigger. People want it. That's why you're wrong about devs winning the store war. You're fucking autistic. You don't understand a fucking thing about people. That's the only explanation. He's severely autistic and does not understand people.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
This motherfucker. Steam isn't forcing any crowdfunded game to offer their on Steam first just to switch gears when you throw a sack of money at their feet. YOU'RE causing this problem! You're pissing people off with this exclusive bullshit by trying to force people to go somewhere they don't want to.

Is this bitch for real.png

1. Fuck off, Valve having exclusives for games they made is not the same thing as what you're doing
2. None of the companies are doing what you're doing for exclusives. Want to know why Bayonetta 2 is a Nintendo exclusive? They fucking paid to get it made. They didn't drop a sack of cash at Platinum's feet after everything was done. It wouldn't have existed without Nintendo.
3. Orange Box

At first, I was just annoyed, now I'm starting to get genuinely pissed off at Tim refusing to acknowledge how his strong-arm tactics suck and give 0 benefits to the customer.

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
This motherfucker. Steam isn't forcing any crowdfunded game to offer their on Steam first just to switch gears when you throw a sack of money at their feet. YOU'RE causing this problem! You're pissing people off with this exclusive bullshit by trying to force people to go somewhere they don't want to.

View attachment 818920
1. Fuck off, Valve having exclusives for games they made is not the same thing as what you're doing
2. None of the companies are doing what you're doing for exclusives. Want to know why Bayonetta 2 is a Nintendo exclusive? They fucking paid to get it made. They didn't drop a sack of cash at Platinum's feet after everything was done. It wouldn't have existed without Nintendo.
3. Orange Box

At first, I was just annoyed, now I'm starting to get genuinely pissed off at Tim refusing to acknowledge how his strong-arm tactics suck and give 0 benefits to the customer.
"Microsoft has the right to make deals with developers!"

Microsoft : "Buy out shit wherever you want, it's coming to steam, xbox, and the switch. We put xbox live on the switch, we don't give a fuck."
Microsoft : "You thought we forgot playstation? We're partnering to make a streaming service."

How is this guy still CEO of that company? This is Don Mattrick levels of horrendously out of touch with your userbase.

Secret Asshole

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Because Fortnite is the only game they made in like 20 fucking years besides having an engine. Sweeny no longer has any understanding of the gaming space or his consumers. He's acting like its 2003, thinking there's little choice and he's 'rescuing' PC gaming when all he's doing is being an autistic cunt who doesn't know what the fuck is going on.

ZehnBoat

here comes dodo
kiwifarms.net
here at sweeny groceries we decided to make our store less cluttered.
we got rid of shopping carts, now you have to go back and forth carrying everything to the checkout.
hell, we got rid of those pesky shelves, they just got in the way. all the food is on the floor in a pile.

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
Hey Tim, fuck you, you slimy piece of shit. You don't get to whine about Steam not helping you out of the mess you created by forcing these games to be exclusives. Why the hell should Steam literally pay to bail you out by handing out free keys?

Tim Sweeney said:
“Epic’s not going to refuse funding worthy exclusivity partners just because a Steam policy change traps crowdfunded projects into either launching on Steam for 30% or offering backers refunds.”
Steam didn't trap a goddamn thing. These assholes promised to put their game on Steam, took customers money and are backing out on their end of the bargain because you dropped sacks of money at their feet. This is explicitly your fault this is happening. Stop being a disingenuous shitbag.

Fuck it, I'm actually mad about this. I accept the angry hats

Sinners Sandwich

Eid Htrad Redav Eid !
kiwifarms.net
Shenmue III backers get refunds but Steam is blamed for not providing Steam keys.

Concerning Refunds

Along with Deep Silver and Epic Games, we have agreed that should the above proposal not be acceptable to backers, refund requests will be honored.

Details concerning the refund request process will be announced in a following update. We ask for your patience until that time.

*In the case rewards within your reward tier, such as in-game content, have already been created and implemented, a full refund may not be possible.
Regarding the recently announced Epic Games Store exclusive, all of us here at YSNET, Deep Silver and Epic are taking the matter with utmost concern and would like to clarify the circumstances leading to the decision and offer backers options for moving forward.

As noted in the updates and survey at launch, we had originally planned for PC distribution through Steam. Taking publishing and sales considerations into account, YSNET and Deep Silver agreed to our partnership with Epic Games Store on PC version distribution. As a publishing partner, Deep Silver has greatly contributed not only to sales and marketing, but to scaling up the game so there is more Shenmue III to begin with. Also, Epic Games has been with us from the start of the project when we adopted Unreal Engine 4 for development, and have given us their support throughout the development process.

In response to backers who have requested Steam keys for their rewards, we discussed offering the keys on the day of release. However, coordination with the sales policies of the involved companies was untenable, and as a result we are not able to make a day one distribution option for Steam keys available.

That we are not able to offer Steam keys for Kickstarter rewards at the time of the game’s release is a great disappointed and inconvenience for those backers who were expecting to receive them. We deeply apologize for the unrest caused by the announcement.
"Reeeeee why don't we get Steam keys even tho our game isn't on Steam?‽"

Fucking Idiots.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
To borrow a quote from a webcomic: "There's twisting words around and then there's being re.tarded for the sake of being re.tarded" fits these mofos like a glove.

• Agree
Reactions: KingofNothing

KingofNothing

Arise, Sir Leg of Lamb
kiwifarms.net
Well at least they wised up and realized they had to give back refunds

Also, Epic Games has been with us from the start of the project when we adopted Unreal Engine 4 for development, and have given us their support throughout the development process.
Motherfucker, deciding to use Epic's engine a year or two ago doesn't count. A bunch of games do, they don't become exclusives because of it. Don't get cheeky.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino