TGWTG Eric Rodriguez / E-Rod2010 / The Blockbuster Buster - Edgy Nostalgia Critic Fanboy/Knockoff

• Sorry about the recent downtime. The database server is being autistic. The beatings will continue.

William Shatner

multi faceted actor
kiwifarms.net

Random Internet Person

3...2...1! Henshin!
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1571533

What does he means with this statement? Does he thinks making a review on his pathetic 12k youtube channel would give publicity to the multi-billion dollar Harry Potter franchise?
Basically, to many JK Rowling had the wrong opinions regarding trans people and they didn’t feel right supporting her. Not sure if posted here, but IIRC correctly this is the same guy who said “I’m out” and not bothering to give The Batman the time of day after Robert Pattinson was cast.

• Informative
Reactions: BrunoMattei

William Shatner

multi faceted actor
kiwifarms.net
Basically, to many JK Rowling had the wrong opinions regarding trans people and they didn’t feel right supporting her. Not sure if posted here, but IIRC correctly this is the same guy who said “I’m out” and not bothering to give The Batman the time of day after Robert Pattinson was cast.
He probably thinks Pattinson is still a Teen Idol since he is stuck in the late 00's where his review format was popular (and even back then he sucked).

Twilight was bad ofc, but Pattinson has been giving good perfomances on independent movies since he started acting (Cosmopolitan,Good Times, The Lighthouse). Just give him a few more years and Pat-boy will get his first oscar nomination while E-rod sucks up to Linday and Lupa on Twitter.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
He probably thinks Pattinson is still a Teen Idol since he is stuck in the late 00's where his review format was popular (and even back then he sucked).

Twilight was bad ofc, but Pattinson has been giving good perfomances on independent movies since he started acting (Cosmopolitan,Good Times, The Lighthouse). Just give him a few more years and Pat-boy will get his first oscar nomination while E-rod sucks up to Linday and Lupa on Twitter.
Makes me wonder if Erod celebrated when Pattinson tested positive for Corona given how he has a childish disdain for him.

Doctor Placebo

Somebody asked for brains?
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1571533

What does he means with this statement? Does he thinks making a review on his pathetic 12k youtube channel would give publicity to the multi-billion dollar Harry Potter franchise?
Sure it won't actually effect Rowling's funds or Harry Potter as a franchise, but it does signal his virtue to the Twitter troonerati, and that's what's really important.

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net

It's no different than when Michael Keaton was originally cast as Batman way back in 89. People were losing their collective shit over this. "How can they cast a COMEDIAN as BATMAN?!?!?!" He then goes on to become everybody's favorite movie Batman until Bale shows up.

Pattison has given good performances in his pre and post Twilight movies but he's going to be forever tied to that in a lot of people's minds until he really comes out and does something to break the mold. Personally I'm willing to wait and see how well he does in the role. I mean, he can't be worse than George Clooney in "Batman & Robin".

William Shatner

multi faceted actor
kiwifarms.net
Pattison has given good performances in his pre and post Twilight movies but he's going to be forever tied to that in a lot of people's minds until he really comes out and does something to break the mold.
Out of the bunch of YA novels adaptations we got in the 2000's Harry Potter is the only one that still is relevant. Twilight might still be on the mind of those who were old enough to love it or hate but I doubt anyone younger than 18 really cares about it.
I worked on a book store for almost 10 years, when it came to fantasy/YA novels LOTR, Narnia and Harry Potter were always our best sellers and I watched stuff that used to sell a lot like Eragon, Vampire Diaries and 50 shades slowly fade away.

My point is: Pattinson has his whole carrer ahead of him and has played the right cards by staying away from big franchises like Twilight. He proved he can act and worked with great directors (Eggers, Herzog, Safdie, Cronemberg), The Batman is his chance to say: ''I'm a serious actor AND I can bring in a lot of money'' and he couldn't have picked a safer choice than playing the world's most popular superhero.

Old farts like us are going to renember twilight, 8 year old kids going to the movies are going to see the Batman.

Blonde Bomb

when you got it, flaunt it
Verified Kiwileak
kiwifarms.net
Out of the bunch of YA novels adaptations we got in the 2000's Harry Potter is the only one that still is relevant. Twilight might still be on the mind of those who were old enough to love it or hate but I doubt anyone younger than 18 really cares about it.
I worked on a book store for almost 10 years, when it came to fantasy/YA novels LOTR, Narnia and Harry Potter were always our best sellers and I watched stuff that used to sell a lot like Eragon, Vampire Diaries and 50 shades slowly fade away.

My point is: Pattinson has his whole carrer ahead of him and has played the right cards by staying away from big franchises like Twilight. He proved he can act and worked with great directors (Eggers, Herzog, Safdie, Cronemberg), The Batman is his chance to say: ''I'm a serious actor AND I can bring in a lot of money'' and he couldn't have picked a safer choice than playing the world's most popular superhero.

Old farts like us are going to renember twilight, 8 year old kids going to the movies are going to see the Batman.
Pattinson held his own against Willem Dafoe in The Lighthouse, which I'm sure was no easy feat, especially given the type of film it was.

Captain Marvelous

kiwifarms.net
It's no different than when Michael Keaton was originally cast as Batman way back in 89. People were losing their collective shit over this. "How can they cast a COMEDIAN as BATMAN?!?!?!" He then goes on to become everybody's favorite movie Batman until Bale shows up.

Pattison has given good performances in his pre and post Twilight movies but he's going to be forever tied to that in a lot of people's minds until he really comes out and does something to break the mold. Personally I'm willing to wait and see how well he does in the role. I mean, he can't be worse than George Clooney in "Batman & Robin".
People were also saying this about Robert Downey Jr. when he was cast as Iron Man, because of his history with substance abuse. Now, so many people are associating the actor with Iron Man, and he's become a household name again. Just because an actor has been involved in a bad film or two, that doesn't mean we should blacklist them from the entire industry.

Hell, say what you will about CollegeHumor, but they absolutely nailed it with their sketch about Ben Affleck being cast as Batman, back when people were making eerily similar arguments to what's happening right now with Robert Pattinson. Four years later, it's still pretty relevant.

Here's the sketch in question: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu2VaGYv7Pc

Last edited:

Phil Ken Sebben

The Potato Whisperer.
kiwifarms.net
People were also saying this about Robert Downey Jr. when he was cast as Iron Man, because of his history with substance abuse.
This is why I said when he was cast that it was stunt casting. But RDJ made such an impact on the character that he was used as a model for Tony Stark / Iron Man in a lot of cartoons afterwards.

Although, to be fair, there wasn't the huge outcry over him being cast as Iron Man partially because outside of comic book nerds, who really knew who Iron Man was? Everybody knows who Batman is.

Hell, say what you will about CollegeHumor, but they absolutely nailed it with their sketch about Ben Affleck being cast as Batman, back when people were making eerily similar arguments to what's happening right now with Robert Pattinson. Four years later, it's still pretty relevant.
Of course it's relevant because no actor anybody can name would satisfy every single Batman fan out there. And that's part of the problem. You're not going to get a perfect Batman actor unless it's after the fact.

The Shadow

Edgy two gun mystery man
kiwifarms.net

At this point anyone that still mentions Twilight, either positively or negatively, is stuck around 2010. It's pathetic to still hold onto at this point.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
At this point anyone that still mentions Twilight, either positively or negatively, is stuck around 2010. It's pathetic to still hold onto at this point.
Yeah Erod is a walking time capsule of 2010 internet reviewers as he still has the same cringey tropes that most internet reviewers gave up on in favor of analysis.

Random Internet Person

3...2...1! Henshin!
kiwifarms.net
Yeah Erod is a walking time capsule of 2010 internet reviewers as he still has the same cringey tropes that most internet reviewers gave up on in favor of analysis.
You think he also represents that RLM screenshot of "don't question, just consume"? For a guy who "voices the rage of fanboys", he seems to only present himself as a pop culture guy who doesn't have a problem when the stuff he gets is good, at least on Twitter.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Nekromantik2

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
You think he also represents that RLM screenshot of "don't question, just consume"? For a guy who "voices the rage of fanboys", he seems to only present himself as a pop culture guy who doesn't have a problem when the stuff he gets is good, at least on Twitter.
Erod doesn’t even represent most fanboys since he made dumb rants on a movie that was decent just because of celebrity voice actors and how musicals were all horrible. He also did not understand Animaniacs cause his favorite episode was because of the plot and mocked Doug for having an episode that did not have a “deep” plot