TGWTG Eric Rodriguez / E-Rod2010 / The Blockbuster Buster - Edgy Nostalgia Critic Fanboy/Knockoff

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
New review just got uploaded, and Eric sounds just as bored than ever
I bit the bullet and watched it. He is seething so much that dudebros are portrayed as heroes and wished that trend would stop. He also sperged about celebrity voice actors a lot. There was also a huge rant about how Scooby Doo finally has proper black representation.

Captain Marvelous

Hade ni ikuze!
kiwifarms.net
I bit the bullet and watched it. He is seething so much that dudebros are portrayed as heroes and wished that trend would stop. He also sperged about celebrity voice actors a lot. There was also a huge rant about how Scooby Doo finally has proper black representation.
You forgot his little jab at J.K. Rowling for being "transphobic" after one of the few funny jokes in the movie.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
What does he have against celebrity VAs? I know Shrek changed the game in that regard and people can do that poorly, but can't you just say "this person sucks in the role" and be done with it?
It's because regular voice actors aren't given as much respect as real actors, but still Erod is pretty much taking this issue like a childish A-Log would and seems to hold celebrity voice actors in contempt by nature.

Captain Marvelous

Hade ni ikuze!
kiwifarms.net
What does he have against celebrity VAs? I know Shrek changed the game in that regard and people can do that poorly, but can't you just say "this person sucks in the role" and be done with it?
Ever see his review of Robots? About a third of his criticisms are just "This character is voiced by a celebrity, so the movie sucks!"

Hell, most of the comments on the video are about how they actually like the movie, and the video has almost as many dislikes as there are likes.

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
Yes, because whom we need portrayed as heroes is a Mexican knock off of NC/AVGN who sperged on Twatter about "muh magik hammah!!" or the comic reviewing twatwaffle with a massive ego. Ya know, I'll take the dudebros on this one

Kevin Roberts

Coolest Bitch in Town
kiwifarms.net
Never understood why "Blockbuster Buster"? Because he reviewed Transformers, one of the rare movies on his review list that is Blockbuster. Even FilmBrain (another stupid name) named his show Bad Movie Beatdown, again stupid name, but its more appropriate.

Also you know how people make a new yt channel for the show, after it becomes popular? Well not our friend E-Rod, because his rollmodel Linkara didn't as well. But to Linkara's credit, he actually renamed his channel name, something that is rocket science for Eric.

And BB videos have weirdest aspect ratio in the history of the Internet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sekirodiealot
Never understood why "Blockbuster Buster"? Because he reviewed Transformers, one of the rare movies on his review list that is Blockbuster. Even FilmBrain (another stupid name) named his show Bad Movie Beatdown, again stupid name, but its more appropriate.
Probably because blockbusters is his thing. The CA wiki says "He mostly focuses on big budget movies, remakes and sequels." Also his Twitter bio and YouTube about section reads "Voicing the rage of fanboys everywhere one film at a time." I'm guessing it's because it's the blockbusters that have the fanboys and fangirls talking like crazy.

Reactions: Sekirodiealot

Kevin Roberts

Coolest Bitch in Town
kiwifarms.net
Probably because blockbusters is his thing. The CA wiki says "He mostly focuses on big budget movies, remakes and sequels." Also his Twitter bio and YouTube about section reads "Voicing the rage of fanboys everywhere one film at a time." I'm guessing it's because it's the blockbusters that have the fanboys and fangirls talking like crazy.
IMDB

I wouldn't mind it so much, but most movies he covers are flops or don't have a big budget like blockbusters do. They are mostly badly reviewed ones, but that's about it.

A blockbuster is a work of entertainment—typically used to describe a feature film, but also other media—that is highly popular and financially successful.

Wikipedia

Kevin Roberts

Coolest Bitch in Town
kiwifarms.net
I guess part of his "voicing the rage of fanboys" is to talk about how these films are very disappointing.

Then why isn't Film Fanboy or some stupid shit like that, he already has his Fanboy film production company. I know its more of a question for him, then any of us, but I still argue its a stupid misleading name for a show.

Last edited:

The tired cat

Fluffy angel of death
kiwifarms.net
They why isn't Film Fanboy or some stupid shit like that, he already has his Fanboy film production company. I know its more of a question for him, then any of us, but I still argue its a stupid misleading name for a show.
Because Film Fanboy would mean he has some self awereness and can make fun of his own stuff