Ethan Ralph / TheRalphRetort - Host of the stagnant #Killstream, Property of pedophile Corey Barnhill, #GamerGate Famous

verissimus

kiwifarms.net
Everyone involved was absolutely exceptional, but Andy is the type of guy who's afraid of everything and shivers at the very possibility of physical confrontation but still wants to seem like a tough guy, and that's what ultimately fucked Alex over.
To use an old joke that hopefully I will forget to use again until the end of the year, Tonka lost to this guy. Also, amazing how subpar Ralph's take is regarding Andy while Jim was as he normally is the voice of reason in his Andy stream.

shioq

kiwifarms.net
I'm rooting for ralph to win those 50k lego dollars or whatever dlive calls their playmoney
Crypto as a method for tipping is cool, but not when it's centrally managed by the site owners themselves AND unlimited. DLive can set the actual value whenever they want, so you are REALLY trusting them not to fuck you over. If they adopted Ripple or Litecoin that would feel a bit more legitimate. I would put my money on a lawsuit happening with them in the next few years.

Smarty Pants

kiwifarms.net
Crypto as a method for tipping is cool, but not when it's centrally managed by the site owners themselves AND unlimited. DLive can set the actual value whenever they want, so you are REALLY trusting them not to fuck you over. If they adopted Ripple or Litecoin that would feel a bit more legitimate. I would put my money on a lawsuit happening with them in the next few years.
I don't understand the point of lino being a cryptocurrency instead of a virtual currency like Steam dollars or WoW gold.

Reactions: Unog and shioq

shioq

kiwifarms.net
I don't understand the point of lino being a cryptocurrency instead of a virtual currency like Steam dollars or WoW gold.
I think they are using the blockchain as an automatic ledger system that's tamper-proof. There are already similar cryptos like FirstBlood for eSports and SpankChain for eWhores. I'm assuming that instead of having actual value the Lino coins value is set by DLive itself. So it's not being used as an actual crypto, but more like Bits on Twitch. I would just worry about DLive deciding to change the value whenever they want, but if Twitch doesn't do that with bits, then my concerns may be foundationless.

heathercho

あかんで !
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 726516

Not a real follower of Ralph, didn't you all say he uses "lol" when he's mad?
:story: Why would anyone waste their time watching something that they don't like? Ralph's a dumb fat alcoholic, but if you're watching something you hate just to bitch about them, that absolutely makes you a fucking cuck.

What I really want to know is what's with all this passive aggressive bullshit, like #stophating. Fuck, if you hate someone, just say it straight up, don't fairy prance around shit.

Lord Akira

kiwifarms.net
I think they are using the blockchain as an automatic ledger system that's tamper-proof. There are already similar cryptos like FirstBlood for eSports and SpankChain for eWhores. I'm assuming that instead of having actual value the Lino coins value is set by DLive itself. So it's not being used as an actual crypto, but more like Bits on Twitch. I would just worry about DLive deciding to change the value whenever they want, but if Twitch doesn't do that with bits, then my concerns may be foundationless.
This is the part that I'm having a hard time grasping, isn't one of the core principles that give crypto its value is the fact that there are supposedly a "finite" amount of coins to be mined that aren't controlled by a centralized system, or am I just being a boomer and missing something here? It seems almost misleading to market it as block-chain based since the first thing people are going to assume is they're melting their GPUs to get real currency to shitpost in lieu of Linocoin monopoly money.

Reactions: shioq and Unog

huckbeine

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 726516

Not a real follower of Ralph, didn't you all say he uses "lol" when he's mad?
Jesus christ, its like they don't follow Jim's simple advice, never antagonize with your fans.
He could easily said "I apologize if you feel that way, I do my best to make the best show I can every single time, and I am sorry if you don't feel that way. I may not respond to every single criticism, but I listen to every single comment or criticism to the show that I do and do the best that I can. Thank you" That's just simple sophistry and there will be no love lost between Ralph and that commenter. He might even gain sympathizers with that, but no.... he has to fight with his audience/potential audience.

Smarty Pants

kiwifarms.net
It seems almost misleading to market it as block-chain based since the first thing people are going to assume is they're melting their GPUs to get real currency to shitpost in lieu of Linocoin monopoly money.
As @shioq pointed out they probably just want the benefit of a secure distributed ledger system. When you think "blockchain" don't automatically think "like bitcoin". This shit can get so abstract that you can have a blockchain where only one person/company can authorize transactions by replacing the Proof-of-Work algorithm (the thing that Bitcoin miners solve to create new blocks) with a Proof-of-Authority algorithm.

Last edited:

shioq

kiwifarms.net
This is the part that I'm having a hard time grasping, isn't one of the core principles that give crypto its value is the fact that there are supposedly a "finite" amount of coins to be mined that aren't controlled by a centralized system, or am I just being a boomer and missing something here? It seems almost misleading to market it as block-chain based since the first thing people are going to assume is they're melting their GPUs to get real currency to shitpost in lieu of Linocoin monopoly money.
I think the whole "decentralized" aspect is exaggerating greatly. If they keep Lino coin as nothing more than a block-chain enabled digital currency, then it's fine. It only will become a problem if they start trying to get Lino Coin to be a real crypto on exchanges with private wallets.

Lord Akira

kiwifarms.net
As @shioq pointed out they probably just want the benefit of a secure distributed ledger system. When you think "blockchain" don't automatically think "like bitcoin". This shit can get so abstract that you can have a blockchain where only one person/company can authorize transactions by replacing the Proof-of-Work algorithm (the thing that Bitcoin miners solve to create new blocks) with a Proof-of-Authority algorithm.
I think the whole "decentralized" aspect is exaggerating greatly. If they keep Lino coin as nothing more than a block-chain enabled digital currency, then it's fine. It only will become a problem if they start trying to get Lino Coin to be a real crypto on exchanges with private wallets.
So if my boomer-tier brain is processing this right, the whole block-chain aspect is basically just a security feature for the Linocoin, which in turn is just a digital currency similar to what you'd find like an MMO or digital store that isn't actually hard currency like USD, or am I still missing the mark?

Reactions: shioq and Unog

NahtzeeSmurf

kiwifarms.net
So if my boomer-tier brain is processing this right, the whole block-chain aspect is basically just a security feature for the Linocoin, which in turn is just a digital currency similar to what you'd find like an MMO or digital store that isn't actually hard currency like USD, or am I still missing the mark?
That sounds like the long and short of it. It's basically crypto with all the downsides of currency issued by a central bank.

Smarty Pants

kiwifarms.net
I don't know exactly what the deal with Lino is but that's what's happening from what I gather. You might as well skip the whole 'crypto' thing if it's totally centralized but it might be a selling point for investors who tend to cream their pants when they hear one of those buzzwords like AI, blockchain, VR, etc. Aside from the extra layer of security I don't see any point in it.

The LINO guys have their own short Overview if you care to read it. It's like 5 pages. They have the usual 'crypto commune' long-term goal you'll see in every White Paper but to me it reads as a selling point for investors.

Lord Akira

kiwifarms.net
I don't know exactly what the deal with Lino is but that's what's happening from what I gather. You might as well skip the whole 'crypto' thing if it's totally centralized but it might be a selling point for investors who tend to cream their pants when they hear one of those buzzwords like AI, blockchain, VR, etc. Aside from the extra layer of security I don't see any point in it.

The LINO guys have their own short Overview if you care to read it. It's like 5 pages. They have the usual 'crypto commune' long-term goal you'll see in every White Paper but to me it reads as a selling point for investors.
I read it, basically sounds like any other start-up investment, get in on the ground floor with a Lino stake and we'll toss you an incentive, but once it takes off, it'll decentralize and we'll be able to migrate it. Not sure what Pewds role is, either he bought in and did the 50k as a write-off to help grow it further, or maybe he's just trying to get past youtube with the constant besiegement of bad press he's been getting lately.

Bryan Dunn

KoP & Exceptional Detective @ 2209 E 3rd Ave, FL
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I read it, basically sounds like any other start-up investment, get in on the ground floor with a Lino stake and we'll toss you an incentive, but once it takes off, it'll decentralize and we'll be able to migrate it. Not sure what Pewds role is, either he bought in and did the 50k as a write-off to help grow it further, or maybe he's just trying to get past youtube with the constant besiegement of bad press he's been getting lately.
So I was recently told by @DispatchCommit that DLive is banning everyone and anyone associated with IBS shit to make room for more bigger stream names. That being said, how long til ralph might get banned from his account? Also to help @theralph out I did suggest to Dispatch to allow him on Bitwave.tv to see how that goes but dispatch wasnt fond of that idea.

Lord Akira

kiwifarms.net
So I was recently told by @DispatchCommit that DLive is banning everyone and anyone associated with IBS shit to make room for more bigger stream names. That being said, how long til ralph might get banned from his account? Also to help @theralph out I did suggest to Dispatch to allow him on Bitwave.tv to see how that goes but dispatch wasnt fond of that idea.
From what I've heard and remember, Ralph was already labeled as adult content back when he first came to the site and his chat started shitting up other streams with their typical 1488 nonsense, so he's been "permanently" hidden from the homepage. So unless he announces a more firm migration to their platform (which won't happen given how many people are suspect of the site for its ability to overclock GPUs and send cooling fans into jet-engine like noise), I doubt he'll leave the youtube plantation. The stream has begun by teh way and he's already memeing the Warski disaster, so I guess my prediction of him hiding it on your stream was wrong Bryan.

shioq

kiwifarms.net
It's also an easy ledger system instead of managing a database of transactions. But, yeah that's my assumption. Time will tell though.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino