Ethical slaughter

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.

YourUnclesDad

kiwifarms.net
I still say a child getting raped is far worse. That animal will die in minutes, a child getting sexually abused will suffer for the rest of their live with mental scars. It's far easier for me to understand the child's suffering because we are the same, even if it's a kid that speaks another language I'm going to find it far easier to empathize with them then a pig. I can understand an animal being afraid on a basic level, but they are still animals and I don't know how they will react no matter how domesticated. I understand how a human will react to something because I am human.

I'm not telling you this to change you mind, it's just how I see things. I'm going to have a greater connection with my own species.
I understand you. If something greater than ourselves dominated us and basically owned us, I would hope they would consider how we feel and show us mercy.

That is objectively correct.
How do you know?
Were you molested as a child?
Were you, a pig, killed for slaughter? How can you say that and mean it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Joan Nyan

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The multi quote isn't working on my phone. You saying a human life is more valuable than an animal's is your opinion. It's really not a fact or truth, just your subjective opinion. That's why I asked.
Nope, it's objectively true.
Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."

YourUnclesDad

kiwifarms.net
I should've replaced ethical with humane in my OP. I was a little hyped up, whoops. You really can't say say that's an objective truth though. I understand both are horrible btw.

Spicy Hog

Mediocre meat
kiwifarms.net
So because it's okay to kill animals in society you think society shouldn't be so hard on pedophiles?

Nekromantik

I was phone!
kiwifarms.net
But one is clearly worse than the other, I don't know if you think human life is that worthless or you just hold animals in way to high regard. Are you going to try and force human morality on animals next because you think they're equal to humans?

My cat spent half an hour play killing a beetle than he brought it to me to play fetch, it was only mostly dead. If he was human I'd say, that boy ain't right, but he's a cat so I give him a pass on being an asshole. I can't see most animals thinking outside themselves. That's one of the things the separates us from them.

Red Hood

Jaybird's Bizarre Adventure
kiwifarms.net
Speaking as a hunter, the better a shot you are, the less legwork you have to do tracking a dying animal and packing it out. It's in your best interest to put it down clean and quick with a minimum of pain on their part.

Hunted with a guy in Colorado that shot an elk we had to track for half a day into a canyon. Most miserable hunting trip of my life AND his shot hit the guts, so he ruined a lot of meat we had to run ourselves ragged getting to. Never went hunting with that clown again.

Sure Thing Idiot

Who would have thought it would end like this?
kiwifarms.net
You're not really asking about the ethics or the humane method of killing animals you're just sort of shoehorning your personal opinion into the common topic of debate "is it right to kill animals?" which isn't the same thing.

The answer to THAT question is your decision and yours alone. It's a question that doesn't have a concrete yes or no because it has to be asked on an individual basis and you're not allowed to take it away from anyone else because it's personal.

Is it ethical to kill animals as humanely as possible? Yes. If I go fishing would you rather me let the fish flop around on the ground and die slowly or kill it quickly and end any stress as swiftly as I can? Your argument is getting into the territory of "should I be allowed to fish at all?". I don't eat certain meats because of how they're kept as livestock, or maybe I just like the animal, but that's a personal choice. If someone wants to eat veal or goat all the power to them. I wouldn't, but not because it's right or wrong, but because I personally dont want to. It's like asking should you adopt a puppy or buy one from a puppy mill? The ethical answer is already obvious.

swiv

edgelord extraordinaire
kiwifarms.net
I understand you. If something greater than ourselves dominated us and basically owned us, I would hope they would consider how we feel and show us mercy.

They probably wouldn't care, but it would be in their best interests to keep us well-fed and entertained enough that we don't start misbehaving. Hypothetically of course.

ICametoLurk

SCREW YOUR OPTICS, I'M GOING IN
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is it ethical to slaughter lolcows?

Discuss.

Joan Nyan

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You're not really asking about the ethics or the humane method of killing animals you're just sort of shoehorning your personal opinion into the common topic of debate "is it right to kill animals?" which isn't the same thing.

The answer to THAT question is your decision and yours alone. It's a question that doesn't have a concrete yes or no because it has to be asked on an individual basis and you're not allowed to take it away from anyone else because it's personal.
While OP is autistic, that doesn't make ethics or morals a matter of personal opinion. I can't kill people or own slaves just because it's my opinion that it's okay. If ethics are to mean anything then they have to apply to everyone.

Sure Thing Idiot

Who would have thought it would end like this?
kiwifarms.net
While OP is autistic, that doesn't make ethics or morals a matter of personal opinion. I can't kill people or own slaves just because it's my opinion that it's okay. If ethics are to mean anything then they have to apply to everyone.

Right. I said asking a question which is diverse and has no universal answer is a matter of personal opinion, like, is killing animals so as to eat the meat right or wrong? That's up to you. Your ethics can be skewed. I'm not talking about owning slaves or raping kids I'm saying that if you humanely slaughter an animal as opposed to slowly letting it die that's leaning on the side of good, humane ethic in terms of slaughter. I'd rather someone shoot me in the head than hang me upside down and kill me by a thousand cuts.

The topic seemed to be humane slaughter and devolved into the discussion of whether or not it's right to take the life of anything then turned into existential debate about the value of life.

Last edited: