Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan / cannotgoogleme - Edgy weaboo coomer with pedo tendencies and 15+ years internet history as a lolcow, now known as a disaster developer behind eternal debug build called "Yandere Simulator", confirmed dollfucker

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.

How much money will the Kickstarter pull in?

• Total voters

Activelo

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here's the ending of 1980's Mode.
TL;DW:
  • At the end of the tenth week, just before Ryoba arrives at the tree, she is placed under arrest for the murder she committed during the tutorial. This happens even if you used non-violent methods for every other rival afterwards. The Journalist says "11 weeks ago" even though he could have said "around 2 months ago."
  • The next scene is her trial, where the Journalist testifies against her. Ryoba defends herself with a dead, lifeless voice, when she had a more emotional reaction to being arrested in the last scene.
  • The judge then goes over the facts and the game factors in things she did throughout her pursuit of Senpai. Bad and suspicious actions (like having a corpse discovered) make you seem more guilty. Good actions (like having friends and a high reputation) make you seem more innocent.
  • Since this is a prequel and all, she canonically gets off scot free for the murder.
  • News of Ryoba's murder trial spreads throughout Japan. Everybody knows her name and face, especially her feelings for Senpai. This pisses her off since she wanted her first meeting with him to be "special," and now he'll only see her as that girl that was accused of murder on live television. She considers murdering the Journalist, but delays it for now since all eyes are on her.
  • She uses her last resort, which is outright kidnapping Senpai and locking him in her basement. Regardless, she considers the past 11 weeks worth it since she can pass off everything she knows to her son/daughter.
But that's not all! There's a couple more cutscenes if you get the S+ rank!
TL;DW
  • Senpai gets kidnapped again and Ryoba freaks out. She finds a letter from Saisho Saikou saying that that Ryoba must pass a test and tells her to come to an abandoned warehouse. She may bring whatever she wants as long as she comes alone.
  • The next scene is a scrolling timeline between the Aishi and Saikou families.

Last edited:

Natsuki

Born tired of what the sjw would bring
kiwifarms.net
Ok so I saw someone use bullying to eliminate one rival and the custscene the mother said osana.
Why can't he get a voice actor to make a the phrase not have any name and just be something like "sweetie dinners ready. Sweetie pie? OH NO MY BABY WHY?!?!?!" that way he wouldn't have to change it between rivals

lumaleelumabop

kiwifarms.net
October 11th Bug-Fixing Build (archive)
As I predicted, there were some bugs in the first release of 1980s Mode. I’ve prepared a new build that fixes around 24 issues. There are still a few more bugs that I need to fix, but it’s late at night and I’m super tired, so I’m going to stop here for today and resume bug-fixing tomorrow.

Want to see a list of everything that was fixed or changed in the latest build? Scroll down past this badass-looking illustration of the Phantom Girl by eisenhut-m1s3!

Fixes and Changes
  • Attempted to fix bug that would cause Ryoba to fall through the ground and exit the boundaries of the asylum environment if the player attempted to skip the “climb through window” animation.
  • There was a bug in the tutorial that would cause the game to freeze if the player put away their knife after being instructed to kill Sumire (the tutorial girl). This bug has been fixed.
  • There was a bug in the tutorial that would prevent Sumire’s body from performing any animations if the player tried to move her around after killing her. This bug has been fixed.
  • Fixed bug that would cause students to get stuck and be unable to pathfind properly if they walked onstage while the 6th Rival’s soundstage props were present in the school gym.
  • Fixed bug that would exit 1980s Mode and put the player into the main gameplay mode if they used the “Reset Week” command from the Heartbroken screen.
  • Fixed bug that prevented the player from being able to transition out of Friday if they paid the Yakuza to abduct a girl earlier in the week.
  • Attempted to fix bug that would cause Ryoba to never complete her “climb through window” animation when attempting to enter the asylum.
  • Fixed bug that caused the 2022 Headmaster and 2022 Counselor to appear during a memorial service held in 1980s Mode.
  • Being pepper-sprayed by the Journalist now results in an “ARRESTED” game over rather than an “EXPELLED” game over.
  • Fixed bug that would cause the radio texture to glitch out if the player turned it on and off in 1980s Mode.
  • The protagonist’s icon on the map is now Ryoba’s face instead of Ayano’s face when playing in 1980s Mode.
  • Fixed bug that would cause Ryoba to start using Ayano’s hairstyle after wearing and removing a raincoat.
  • Fixed bug that would result in the currently-playing Schoolday track being listed as “Schoolday 0.”
  • Fixed bug that allowed the player to activate the Miyuki AR game within 1980s Mode.
  • Fixed bug that could result in a 2022 “Schoolday” track playing during 1980s Mode.
  • Changed the line that the Headmaster says after incapacitating Ryoba with a taser.
  • The 7th Rival, Ai, was singing out-of-sync with her band. This has been fixed.
  • Fixed bug that caused Osana to appear for all rivals’ suicide cutscenes.
  • Kuroko has been removed from the “Pool’s Closed” sign in 1980s Mode.
  • Fixed typo in tutorial instructions for removing bloody clothing.
  • Fixed typo in the cutscene preceeding the 7th rival.
  • Updated the hair texture for Sonoko (final rival).
  • The word “memes” is now “jokes” in 1980s Mode.
  • Updated the game’s credits with the names of some of the people who contributed to 1980s Mode.
Known Issues
  • For some reason, the framerate goes down during Weeks 8, 9, and 10, but only when pointing the camera towards large groups of students. I’m not sure why this doesn’t happen in other weeks. I’ll investigate this.
  • 1980s models are appearing in Yandere-chan’s time period. I’ll fix this within the next few days, but right now, I feel that fixing 1980s Mode bugs are higher priority, since 1980s Mode is the big star attraction right now.

morimori-chan

mori-chan living under fascism
kiwifarms.net
Here's the ending of 1980's Mode.
TL;DW:
  • At the end of the tenth week, just before Ryoba arrives at the tree, she is placed under arrest for the murder she committed during the tutorial. This happens even if you used non-violent methods for every other rival afterwards. The Journalist says "11 weeks ago" even though he could have said "around 2 months ago."
  • The next scene is her trial, where the Journalist testifies against her. Ryoba defends herself with a dead, lifeless voice, when she had a more emotional reaction to being arrested in the last scene.
  • The judge then goes over the facts and the game factors in things she did throughout her pursuit of Senpai. Bad and suspicious actions (like having a corpse discovered) make you seem more guilty. Good actions (like having friends and a high reputation) make you seem more innocent.
  • Since this is a prequel and all, she canonically gets off scot free for the murder.
  • News of Ryoba's murder trial spreads throughout Japan. Everybody knows her name and face, especially her feelings for Senpai. This pisses her off since she wanted her first meeting with him to be "special," and now he'll only see her as that girl that was accused of murder on live television. She considers murdering the Journalist, but delays it for now since all eyes are on her.
  • She resorts to her last resort, which is outright kidnapping Senpai and locking him in her basement. Regardless, she considers the past 11 weeks worth it since she can pass off everything she knows to her son/daughter.
But that's not all! There's a couple more cutscenes if you get the S+ rank!
TL;DW
  • Senpai gets kidnapped again and Ryoba freaks out. She finds a letter from Saisho Saikou saying that that Ryoba must pass a test and tells her to come to an abandoned warehouse. She may bring whatever she wants as long as she comes alone.
  • The next scene is a scrolling timeline between the Aishi and Saikou families.
OH EM GEE the Aishi and Saikou families were enemies all along!!!1111 How could you expect this... With Megami being the only one who suspects Ayano to be a dangerous person, and we already knew about it years ago...

And...
1633974648536.png
YandereDev, Japanese names don't work like that.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I forgot Alex wanted to do this stupid family rivalry thing, mainly because it's so stupid for a school series it hurts.
OH EM GEE the Aishi and Saikou families were enemies all along!!!1111 How could you expect this... With Megami being the only one who suspects Ayano to be a dangerous person, and we already knew about it years ago...

And... View attachment 2616174 YandereDev, Japanese names don't work like that.
He will never know nor will he ever care.

morimori-chan

kiwifarms.net
I forgot Alex wanted to do this stupid family rivalry thing, mainly because it's so stupid for a school series it hurts.

He will never know nor will he ever care.
Never knowing about Japanese culture or history, of course. For example... he would never know or care that it was impossible for the Aishi family to exist in 1780 (the first Aishi was a foreigner) due to the Sakoku policy. If she came before 1633, she would probably be kicked out of the country. Then she wouldn't be able to come to Japan until 1853... And she'd be dead, since the policy lasted for two centuries.

Last edited:

Unoriginal Username 2D

kiwifarms.net
The art in this video was a jump scare for sure. Mulberry knows just the way to make generic anime girls look like they lost a few brain cells.

I don't believe it's actually Mulberry.
Mulberry's art maybe is shit, but it's a lot better than this new one.

This new artist make the girls too thick with big boobs, but their head is too small and their eyes too big.

Catgirls are Love

Make Catgirls Purr Again
kiwifarms.net
Many people played 1980's mode now. And... Alex probably didn't even try to test the game first. What a surprise.
We wouldn't know it was made by Alex without the massive plethora of bugs and glitches that spring out of the woodwork. Business as usual, though I'm surprised we haven't seen the return of the Titanic Tits glitch yet that came about with Osana.

morimori-chan

kiwifarms.net
We wouldn't know it was made by Alex without the massive plethora of bugs and glitches that spring out of the woodwork. Business as usual, though I'm surprised we haven't seen the return of the Titanic Tits glitch yet that came about with Osana.
And I saved the best for the last... There are quantum tunnels in Yandere Simulator that make Ryoba able to clone the student she kidnapped and crash the Yakuza economy

It seems like she predicted Dolly the Sheep.

Last edited:

kermit

Waterworks in effect.
kiwifarms.net
I don't believe it's actually Mulberry.
Mulberry's art maybe is shit, but it's a lot better than this new one.

This new artist make the girls too thick with big boobs, but their head is too small and their eyes too big.
Not gonna sperg for too long but I wanna put this to rest. It's her.

PicsArt_10-11-09.29.39.jpg
Coincidentally I found art in almost the exact same pose from April of this year. It's difficult to see since the rival reveal portion was at 720p compared to the rest of the video, but already you can see similarities. Eyebrow, crease, and eye shape are the exact same. The nose is a little different but the idea is the same, long bridge with a small end. The general proportions on the face don't match so much, but that could be the 5-6 months she had to fix her art more. Either way, they take up almost the same amount of space and the mouth sits awkwardly the same way.
PicsArt_10-11-10.40.57.jpg
In terms of coloring/shading, she uses the same techniques. I don't think I have to explain. Some of the smaller details like the shading of the eyes are also a big pointer.

You can see even smaller details like the eyebrows being semi-transparent and the way the bangs are shaded. The overall art in the teaser video may be simpler but my guess is that she didn't have enough time to put finer details if she even wanted to.

I can't compare body proportions because she just doesn't have enough art from this year showing the body off, or even enough art shown publicly. Just know that her anatomy got worse unless she's using actual references/tracing.

So yeah. Her art doesn't look like it did when YanSim peaked.

Also, Mul may be into feet.

Kiwi Kitty

Catgirls best girls
kiwifarms.net
Yea, if this wasn't the outcome I'd genuinely be concerned that he was taking credit for someone else's work lol

Juan But Not Forgotten

Friendly mexican ghost
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In addition to the main story mode featuring Ayano Aishi as the protagonist, there is now a prequel story mode – “1980s Mode” – starring Ryoba Aishi, the mother of Ayano. In 1980s Mode, you must eliminate the girls that tried to date Ryoba’s Senpai in 1989.
Each rival has 2 interactions with Senpai per day – once at the start of the day, and once again at either lunch or 5:00 PM. The player can sabotage these events to gradually make Senpai hate the rival. Due to limited resources, all rivals share the same set of Senpai Interaction events, but with different dialogue.
There is a new befriend/betray sidequest in 1980s Mode. Due to limited resources, every girl shares the same befriend/betray sidequest. (They were all victimized in the same way by the same person, just on different days.)

Can someone please pick up the phone, because I fucking called it!
Ok, while we are back online, here is what I wanted to point out. Here is his video from September 16, 2017.

Timestamped.

(80s mode) is designed to be something that I could add in time with very few new assets

It all makes sense now.

Can't quote the post.
And this is what really happens - he has no voice actors, animators, modelers, no one, he asks his discord to make him hairstyles, for fuck's sake. That's why he can only half-ass the rest of the rivals by putting them into 80s mode.

Also back in February he asked his simps this.

Many people played 1980's mode now. And... Alex probably didn't even try to test the game first. What a surprise.
Need I remind you that he had more than a month after "it is done, I only need to make a video" till the release?

Activelo

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A little nitpicky, but he's doing a little retconning when it comes to the Journalist's tapes.
Screenshot_2.png
He said that Ryoba cried non-stop during the trial and called him a dirty pervert, when none of those things happened in the ending.

On a different nitpicky topic, prosecutors and defense attorneys apparently don't exist in Yandere Simulator. Instead, that job goes to the Journalist and Ryoba, respectively, during the trial. I don't know if it's just badly conveyed, but from the looks of it, the trial lasted all of 10 minutes.

Last edited:

FallOfGrumps

kiwifarms.net
Wait, I must be confused or reading this thread wrong. So his solution to making too many gimmick modes and not finishing the game was to finish the game INSIDE a gimmick mode?

That's how he plans to get people back on his side?

I must be wrong, lol.

Tell me that there is a rival mode outside of 80s mode and he finished the game like he promised.

Edit: Oh my, it's all true. Why does the announcement video have so many upvotes? Do people realize he could finish the base game with basic assets and THEN update the models and events later? Saying "I can't make it until its ALL PERFECT," is a sure way of never accomplishing anything in life. I can't believe his fans are satisfied with this.