Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan / cannotgoogleme - Edgy weaboo coomer with pedo tendencies and 15+ years internet history as a lolcow, now known as a disaster developer behind eternal debug build called "Yandere Simulator", confirmed dollfucker

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.

How much money will the Kickstarter pull in?

• Total voters

Paddy O' Furniture

Corn Ops I-IV Veteran
kiwifarms.net
A little nitpicky, but he's doing a little retconning when it comes to the Journalist's tapes.
View attachment 2618169
He said that Ryoba cried non-stop during the trial and called him a dirty pervert, when none of those things happened in the ending.

On a different nitpicky topic, prosecutors and defense attorneys apparently don't exist in Yandere Simulator. Instead, that job goes to the Journalist and Ryoba, respectively, during the trial. I don't know if it's just badly conveyed, but from the looks of it, the trial lasted all of 10 minutes.
Even a cursory Google search is too hard, America's the greatest country on Earf so everyone would emulate their laws especially those that have history longer and far more turmoil filled. My expectations were low but goddamn. I can only imagine what he actually spends his time doing when he's not doing damage control.

Diesel Boogaloo

kiwifarms.net
As promised, my cursory analysis of Japanese-ness of new rival names. Here they are, with their Japanese spelling (the order is given name-surname in English and surname-given name in Japanese)
Sumire Saitozaki 西戸崎 すみれ
Kaguya Wakaizumi 若泉 かぐや
Moeko Rakuyona ??? 萌子
Honami Hodoshima 程嶋 保奈美
Sumiko Tachibana 立花 すみこ
Ritsuko Chikanari 近成 りつこ
Ai Doruyashi ??? あい
Teiko Nabatasai ??? 禎子
Komako Funakoshi 船越 駒子
Chigusa Busujima 毒島 ちぐさ
Sonoko Sakanoue 坂ノ上 そのこ
plus the protagonist: Ryōba Aishi 愛氏 良馬/猟場 (I assumed long o, as there is nothing for Ryoba with short o)
Keep in mind that Japanese given names can be spelled in multiple ways (often dozens), I just picked something.

I haven't found any interesting meanings or references in those names, they seem random.

Also, I haven't analyzed any other 1980 student names, and but I already know some of them (fucking Ui Tunesu) are completely rétarded.

Now for the issues:
  • I'm only guessing that Aishi is spelled 愛氏 so that it means "the clan of love", fitting the lore. But surnames don't tend to end in 氏, especially since it collides with using 氏 as a generic neutral honorific. Also, Aishi is not actually used as a name, especially since it can mean 哀史 sad story, 哀詞 condolences, or 哀詩 elegy.
  • As for Ryōba, 良馬 is more usually read Ryōma or Rōma, and Ryōba 猟場 is actually a surname.
  • There is a female given name Rakuyo 楽代, I haven't found Rakuyona, and -yona doesn't sound like an ending of a Japanese surname.
  • There is a surname and placename Nabata 名畑, I haven't found Nabatasai, and -sai doesn't sound like an ending of a Japanese surname. Nabata-sai 名畑祭 means "the Nabata Festival", as "the festival that happens in Nabata", but might be also a misreading of Nabata Matsuri 名畑祭 or Nabata Saiichi 名畑祭一, which are valid full Japanese names.
  • Doruyashi is a total nonsense. It's not a surname, it's not a placename. Japanese surnames rarely begin with D, and most of those start with Dai- or De-. The only thing that comes to mind is ドル椰子, a dollar palm tree:

money-tree-6860440.jpg

Last edited:

Eilownwy

kiwifarms.net
The art in this video was a jump scare for sure. Mulberry knows just the way to make generic anime girls look like they lost a few brain cells.
The sucky part is Mulberry’s actually a pretty decent artist outside of YS. Alex’s design direction just turns everything his volunteers conceptualize into radioactive horse shit

Unoriginal Username 2D

kiwifarms.net
  • Doruyashi is a total nonsense. It's not a surname, it's not a placename. Japanese surnames rarely begin with D, and most of those start with Dai- or De-. The only thing that comes to mind is ドル椰子, a dollar palm tree:

money-tree-6860440.jpg

I guess Alex's idea is "this girl loves money", since her first name is "Ai" and I guess she supposed to be an Idol.
But he's so bad in Japanese so he ends up making this mess of name.

owo whats this 42069

kiwifarms.net
So I guess we are back to Alex adding in useless shit instead of completing the main game? Last I remember he said the final game was finished, so what happened. I don't count a side mode thats pretty much a mod to be the game.
He was being misleading about it. He basically said "there's 10 rivals ready", while omitting the fact that those rivals weren't the ones introduced five years ago, but rather a side mode for testing purposes. Pretty cringe.

Pringles Can

Now in Limited Wendys Chicken Sandwich Flavor
kiwifarms.net
He was being misleading about it. He basically said "there's 10 rivals ready", while omitting the fact that those rivals weren't the ones introduced five years ago, but rather a side mode for testing purposes. Pretty cringe.
I remember how he worded it, and again I gotta say that Alex is a good scammer in that way. He did deliver on his promise, but he knew how to make it sound like it was THE promise. I just wanna see how long he can keep it going.

Catgirls are Love

Make Catgirls Purr Again
kiwifarms.net
I just wanna see how long he can keep it going.
That is the question. With the release of the new mode, we can check Alex's Patreon to see how willing people are to throw money at him after his latest update.
well.PNG

Looks like the answer is not very; that big spike is the whale from a week ago, not the release of 1980s mode. Now for today:
today.PNG

The whales returned, two for a total of $92. Or the account that already massively contributed increased their contribution. Either way, Alex finally got off his ass and added some new posts about 1980s mode; community involvement/reception can best be described as minimal.

It would be very interesting if Patreon happened to be the next online platform compromised, as a database showing who contributed to Alex in what amount would be very...informative.

lumaleelumabop

kiwifarms.net
October 12th bug fixing build (archive)

I’m continuing to fix bugs as reports come in. I fixed a lot of issues today, but there are still some issues I haven’t gotten around to fixing yet. I’ve been awake for quite a long time and I’m getting too sleepy to focus, so I’ll just upload what I’ve done so far, and return tomorrow with another bug-fixing build.

To see a list of everything that changed in the latest build, scroll down past this beautiful artwork of Komako Funakoshi by candy-demon Vtuber amamipoki!

Fixes, Changes, Additions
  • The Narcotics were intended to be “one-hit-kill” contraband; in other words reporting a rival for Narcotics was supposed to get the girl arrested immediately, rather than just make a bit of progress towards her expulsion. This is now the way that the feature functions. And, because it’s such a powerful item, the price that the Yakuza charges for Narcotics has gone up.
  • Fixed bug that prevented the 1989-specific confession music from playing during the 1980s Mode rival-confesses-to-Senpai sequence.
  • It should no longer be possible for the 4th rival (Sumiko) to get stuck when trying to investigate a sound from the sewing room.
  • The explosive device will now cause students to fly up in the air when it explodes, instead of making them crumple lifelessly.
  • Fixed bug that would cause the Expulsion elimination method to freeze the game if the 1st rival had been eliminated lethally.
  • Fixed bug that caused 2022 rivals’ portraits to appear in 1980s Mode whenever a 1980s rival portrait needed to be displayed.
  • Fixed bug that would cause the white-text-on-blue-screen cutscenes to play at fast speed if the player skipped the tutorial.
  • Cooking Club students will no longer attempt to give food to rivals who are trying to have private conversations with Ryoba.
  • Fixed exploit that prevented the game from moving past the “sold kidnapped prisoner” window in the Yakuza’s Ransom menu.
  • Fixed bug that caused the cardiograph from the main game to appear onscreen in 1980s Mode after attending class.
  • If a girl is framed for possession of Narcotics, the “RIVAL EXPELLED” text will change to “RIVAL ARRESTED”.
  • Fixed bug that made Ryoba’s face look weird when reacting to Senpai accepting a rival’s love confession.
  • Ryoba now wears pajamas when she is at home on Sunday (since she doesn’t go to school on that day).
  • Fixed bug that gave the player infinite Explosives just for buying it one time.
  • Fixed bug that gave the player infinite Narcotics just for buying it one time.
  • Adjusted the Strength values for a few of the rivals.
  • Removed the wi-fi signal icon from Ryoba’s notepad.

morimori-chan

mori-chan living under fascism
kiwifarms.net
As promised, my cursory analysis of Japanese-ness of new rival names. Here they are, with their Japanese spelling (the order is given name-surname in English and surname-given name in Japanese)
Sumire Saitozaki 西戸崎 すみれ
Kaguya Wakaizumi 若泉 かぐや
Moeko Rakuyona ??? 萌子
Honami Hodoshima 程嶋 保奈美
Sumiko Tachibana 立花 すみこ
Ritsuko Chikanari 近成 りつこ
Ai Doruyashi ??? あい
Teiko Nabatasai ??? 禎子
Komako Funakoshi 船越 駒子
Chigusa Busujima 毒島 ちぐさ
Sonoko Sakanoue 坂ノ上 そのこ
plus the protagonist: Ryōba Aishi 愛氏 良馬/猟場 (I assumed long o, as there is nothing for Ryoba with short o)
Keep in mind that Japanese given names can be spelled in multiple ways (often dozens), I just picked something.

I haven't found any interesting meanings or references in those names, they seem random.

Also, I haven't analyzed any other 1980 student names, and but I already know some of them (fucking Ui Tunesu) are completely rétarded.

Now for the issues:
  • I'm only guessing that Aishi is spelled 愛氏 so that it means "the clan of love", fitting the lore. But surnames don't tend to end in 氏, especially since it collides with using 氏 as a generic neutral honorific. Also, Aishi is not actually used as a name, especially since it can mean 哀史 sad story, 哀詞 condolences, or 哀詩 elegy.
  • As for Ryōba, 良馬 is more usually read Ryōma or Rōma, and Ryōba 猟場 is actually a surname.
  • There is a female given name Rakuyo 楽代, I haven't found Rakuyona, and -yona doesn't sound like an ending of a Japanese surname.
  • There is a surname and placename Nabata 名畑, I haven't found Nabatasai, and -sai doesn't sound like an ending of a Japanese surname. Nabata-sai 名畑祭 means "the Nabata Festival", as "the festival that happens in Nabata", but might be also a misreading of Nabata Matsuri 名畑祭 or Nabata Saiichi 名畑祭一, which are valid full Japanese names.

money-tree-6860440.jpg
Well, the Aishi family names their daughters after blades, for some reason...

"All the Aishi family members, except "The First" Aishi, and Ayano, are named after blades. If Ayano has a child, they would also have a name that sounds like a blade. Canonically, Aishis give their kids names that they think are "pretty", but behind the scenes, though, each Aishi's name has some kind of double-meaning or purpose."

And... "Aishi babies do not cry when they are born." Then how would their babies communicate their needs? Telepathy? Tablets?

Diesel Boogaloo

kiwifarms.net
I guess Alex's idea is "this girl loves money", since her first name is "Ai" and I guess she supposed to be an Idol.
But he's so bad in Japanese so he ends up making this mess of name.
Fuck.
I finally fucking got it.
Ai Doruyashi
Aidoru
Idol
Strap yourself, gentlemen, we're back in the Green Green territory.

EDIT:
Ah, so it would be ryōba 両刃 double-edged.
I also checked the Wikia and Aishi is most likely 愛死 love-death.

Last edited:

morimori-chan

kiwifarms.net
Fuck.
I finally fucking got it.
Ai Doruyashi
Aidoru
Idol
Strap yourself, gentlemen, we're back in the Green Green territory.

EDIT:

Ah, so it would be ryōba 両刃 double-edged.
I also checked the Wikia and Aishi is most likely 愛死 love-death.
Actually:
"Ryoba's name is derived from "Ryōbo" (寮母), which is a Japanese word for "Matron", but YandereDev adjusted it to "Ryōba" so it would sound more feminine. Ryōba (両刃) on the other hand means "Double-Edged", and it's a name for type of Japanese, double-edged blade. The word "Ryōba" also has different meanings, which includes "Hunting Ground" (猟場), "Fishing Ground" (漁場), and "Good Horse" (良馬)."

Natsuki

Born tired of what the sjw would bring
kiwifarms.net
To be honest I prefer that he butcher English words to make them Japanese rather than grab real Japanese names and surnames to name his character. Like imagine in another timeline he put real Japanese names and surnames and the kids that are named like his characters Google themselves up only to find art of yandere simulator

morimori-chan

kiwifarms.net
To be honest I prefer that he butcher English words to make them Japanese rather than grab real Japanese names and surnames to name his character. Like imagine in another timeline he put real Japanese names and surnames and the kids that are named like his characters Google themselves up only to find art of yandere simulator
Some of the characters' names are real Japanese ones though. I feel bad for the kids who are named "Ayano", "Taro Yamada", "Hanako Yamada", "Moeko"...

Natsuki

Born tired of what the sjw would bring
kiwifarms.net
Some of the characters' names are real Japanese ones though. I feel bad for the kids who are named "Ayano", "Taro Yamada", "Hanako Yamada", "Moeko"...
Same that's why I don't mind him making fake Japanese names because it means no Japanese kid will go through the pain of having the same name as a yansim character

Lapis Lazuli

Homosexual Extraterrestrial Mineral Woman
kiwifarms.net

"All the Aishi family members, except "The First" Aishi, and Ayano, are named after blades. If Ayano has a child, they would also have a name that sounds like a blade. Canonically, Aishis give their kids names that they think are "pretty", but behind the scenes, though, each Aishi's name has some kind of double-meaning or purpose."

And... "Aishi babies do not cry when they are born." Then how would their babies communicate their needs? Telepathy? Tablets?
I assume that what he means by that is that the baby doesn't cry right after birth, rather than an inability to cry.

Pringles Can

Now in Limited Wendys Chicken Sandwich Flavor
kiwifarms.net
It just amazes me that yandere dev can pump out what is pretty much a spinoff game in like 5 months, but after this time he can't finish the main game. I know it's laziness and him trying to get those supporters back so he can keep scamming him, but if he had just finished the game by now I honestly think he could have made more money then he is now with all this bullshit.

Eilownwy

kiwifarms.net
To be fair, 1980s mode isn’t great. Its progress as far as Alex’s general track record of production time, but the designs are bland, it reuses a lot of assets, a lot of dialogue, and most story elements writing-wise are things that were already present in the base game via the lore tapes. He absolutely couldve (and should’v) finished the game by now, but 1980s mode can’t really be held up as an example of that because it’s still scraping the very bottom of the bare minimum.
It just amazes me that yandere dev can pump out what is pretty much a spinoff game in like 5 months, but after this time he can't finish the main game. I know it's laziness and him trying to get those supporters back so he can keep scamming him, but if he had just finished the game by now I honestly think he could have made more money then he is now with all this bullshit.

FallOfGrumps

kiwifarms.net
I think he is terrified of making it and it sucking after all the hype. It's a classic "perfect is the enemy of the good" scenario. Dude will never finish it because there will never be these mythical conditions he is waiting for. It's sad to see someone throw away an opportunity like the one afforded to him.