Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan / cannotgoogleme - Edgy weaboo coomer with pedo tendencies and 15+ years internet history as a lolcow, now known as a disaster developer behind eternal debug build called "Yandere Simulator", confirmed dollfucker

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.

How much money will the Kickstarter pull in?

• Total voters

morimori-chan

mori-chan living under fascism
kiwifarms.net
Tbh I think that after the hype of the 1980's mode fades the fans will be more angsty like "ugh he made this new game with things he has now in five months why is the game taking so long??!?!" And get more mad at him.
However, looking at all those glitches. we can safely say that he REALLY rushed 1980's mode to keep the hype.

Catgirls are Love

Make Catgirls Purr Again
kiwifarms.net
However, looking at all those glitches. we can safely say that he REALLY rushed 1980's mode to keep the hype.
It's probably the hardest he's worked in the past year, even though he was mostly just copypasting existing things or swapping models/textures. I'd like to say it would only be a couple day's worth of work, but I assume his own terrible architecture made what should have been relatively simple extremely tedious.

morimori-chan

kiwifarms.net
It's probably the hardest he's worked in the past year, even though he was mostly just copypasting existing things or swapping models/textures. I'd like to say it would only be a couple day's worth of work, but I assume his own terrible architecture made what should have been relatively simple extremely tedious.
"own terrible architecture" AKA his Flying Spaghetti Monster coding because he didn't want to be a sane person and start small when it comes to making games

r_1900059_kxAY9.jpg
149-1499215_flying-spaghetti-monster-png-flying-spaghetti-monster-transparent.png

Synthwave Obsessed

Send me your -wave recommendations
kiwifarms.net
I think he is terrified of making it and it sucking after all the hype. It's a classic "perfect is the enemy of the good" scenario. Dude will never finish it because there will never be these mythical conditions he is waiting for. It's sad to see someone throw away an opportunity like the one afforded to him.
Pretty sure the solution is even simpler: Alex has a tug boat of free buxx and all he has to do is pretend to work on a game. And then he gets extra free buxx whenever he makes a Youtube video because all of the gullible "totally 18 year old" children haven't experienced being duped yet, so they're still susceptible. Then they realize they have been duped, but it's okay because a new wave of children come in to get duped and the cycle continues because this Alex has a sweet collection of turbo simps and the game has gotten a ton of free marketing. Also, Twitch streaming.

Why the fuck would you ever finish a game at that point? He's almost as useless as Noah Antwiler.

"own terrible architecture" AKA his Flying Spaghetti Monster coding because he didn't want to be a sane person and start small when it comes to making games

r_1900059_kxAY9.jpg
149-1499215_flying-spaghetti-monster-png-flying-spaghetti-monster-transparent.png
Memes aside about the else-if chaining, he clearly doesn't understand how to use modules. I seriously question why the fuck he bothers copy-pasting code so much when you can just create a function and call it. Programming makes me want to rope, but I would actually rope if I tried to make a project with no modules. It's so retarded. Imagine wasting your time making 13852674524 changes to fix one bug instead of 1 change that will fix the bug across every instance. Just try to think about how much time he wastes doing something that already takes a ridiculous amount of time. Hence why I feel like part of his perceived incompetence has to be malicious.

morimori-chan

kiwifarms.net
Pretty sure the solution is even simpler: Alex has a tug boat of free buxx and all he has to do is pretend to work on a game. And then he gets extra free buxx whenever he makes a Youtube video because all of the gullible "totally 18 year old" children haven't experienced being duped yet, so they're still susceptible. Then they realize they have been duped, but it's okay because a new wave of children come in to get duped and the cycle continues because this Alex has a sweet collection of turbo simps and the game has gotten a ton of free marketing. Also, Twitch streaming.

Why the fuck would you ever finish a game at that point? He's almost as useless as Noah Antwiler.

Memes aside about the else-if chaining, he clearly doesn't understand how to use modules. I seriously question why the fuck he bothers copy-pasting code so much when you can just create a function and call it. Programming makes me want to rope, but I would actually rope if I tried to make a project with no modules. It's so retarded. Imagine wasting your time making 13852674524 changes to fix one bug instead of 1 change that will fix the bug across every instance. Just try to think about how much time he wastes doing something that already takes a ridiculous amount of time. Hence why I feel like part of his perceived incompetence has to be malicious.
Imagine wasting your time making 13852674524 changes to fix one bug instead of 1 change that will fix the bug across every instance.

TinyBuild tried to do this, except that YandereDev threw them away because of his arrogance and unwillingness to learn.

MrFunnyMan

Making memes since 2009.
kiwifarms.net
If yandere dev doesn’t want people to use the same elimination method, why doesn’t he make it so weapons don’t respawn. With this, it makes it so that there is a disadvantage to using a knife since you won’t have that option for the next rival. Also blunt weapons are far better than sharp weapons since they don’t drop blood on your clothes, what is the intended advantage for sharp weapons?, since there are far worse. I just killed everyone in my rivals week

Kiwi Kitty

Catgirls best girls
kiwifarms.net
If yandere dev doesn’t want people to use the same elimination method, why doesn’t he make it so weapons don’t respawn. With this, it makes it so that there is a disadvantage to using a knife since you won’t have that option for the next rival. Also blunt weapons are far better than sharp weapons since they don’t drop blood on your clothes, what is the intended advantage for sharp weapons?, since there are far worse. I just killed everyone in my rivals week
Reminds me of when YanDev completely removed an elimination method because it was """too easy"""
Because he completely misses the appeal of a *sandbox simulator game* - you can finish the game easily, but it's more rewarding to do the tougher things. But no, he decides to control how people are gonna play it. So retarded

FallOfGrumps

kiwifarms.net
Reminds me of when YanDev completely removed an elimination method because it was """too easy"""
Because he completely misses the appeal of a *sandbox simulator game* - you can finish the game easily, but it's more rewarding to do the tougher things. But no, he decides to control how people are gonna play it. So retarded
That's one thing I completely don't understand. Since he clearly likes programming sandbox nonsense and people enjoyed playing it as a sandbox, why didn't he rebrand instead of continuing to promise these hitman missions he has no intention of making?

Kiwi Kitty

Catgirls best girls
kiwifarms.net
That's one thing I completely don't understand. Since he clearly likes programming sandbox nonsense and people enjoyed playing it as a sandbox, why didn't he rebrand instead of continuing to promise these hitman missions he has no intention of making?
He's way too susceptible to feature creep. He sees something in a video game or anime he likes and goes "I'll add that too!" With no forethought on if it would work, if it would fit, etc
He doesn't know how to filter out ideas because he refuses to take constructive criticism

FallOfGrumps

kiwifarms.net
Another thing, and I realize I am moral fagging here but I just want to vent. What is it with some anime nerds and scrapping the boundaries of pedophilia, sometimes just flat-out going over. The high school setting and the panty shots seem both creepy and pathetic for a dude his age. The guy could have easily placed this game in a college, but he didn't. I could say a lot about anime as well, a lot of it just feels like pedo-bait. I am a weeb myself, and I feel like shows never get made for me because its all either lolicon garbage or something cool that a random lolicon character pops into and ruins the experience. Am I moral fagging too hard? It bugs me.

TLDR: I'm getting old, Gandalf. My tastes have become thin, like butter scraped over too much toast.

Catgirls are Love

Make Catgirls Purr Again
kiwifarms.net
Another thing, and I realize I am moral fagging here but I just want to vent. What is it with some anime nerds and scrapping the boundaries of pedophilia, sometimes just flat-out going over. The high school setting and the panty shots seem both creepy and pathetic for a dude his age. The guy could have easily placed this game in a college, but he didn't. I could say a lot about anime as well, a lot of it just feels like pedo-bait. I am a weeb myself, and I feel like shows never get made for me because its all either lolicon garbage or something cool that a random lolicon character pops into and ruins the experience. Am I moral fagging too hard? It bugs me.

TLDR: I'm getting old, Gandalf. My tastes have become thin, like butter scraped over too much toast.
Well, you've pretty much answered your own question. When you're younger, have little parental supervision and the media you continue to consume normalizes voyeurism or pedophilia, guess what values you're likely to adopt? I assume that's mostly where Alex's views on women come from.

In other words, anime was a mistake and thank goodness we didn't nuke Japan a third time. Don't even try to imagine what horrors that might've unleashed.

lumaleelumabop

kiwifarms.net
October 13 bug fixing build (archive)
Got another build for you with a bunch of bug fixes! I’m aware that there are still some more bugs lingering in the game, and I plan to fix more tomorrow.

To see a list of everything that was fixed or changed in the latest build, scroll down past this beautiful artwork by yu-humihana!

Fixes and Changes
  • In both the main story mode and 1980s Mode, the player can use a “Persona Mirror” to change their current Persona. Previously, if Ryoba selected the “Default” Persona, she would start using Ayano’s idle/walk animations. From now on, selecting the “Default” Persona in 1980s Mode will restore Ryoba’s default animations instead of Ayano’s animations.
  • It is no longer possible to talk to students while Yandere Vision is active. This means that you can no longer be snapped out of “Speed Up Time” mode by inadvertently talking to a passing student.
  • Fixed bug that would cause a falling bookcase to instantly kill Honami no matter where she was on the map, even if the falling bookcase was falling on a completely different student.
  • It should no longer be possible to access the Extras menu from the 1980s Mode Title Screen (debug commands and easter eggs were never meant to be accessible in this mode).
  • It is now possible to skip the entire tutorial sequence immediately after starting a new save file, instead of having to load into the school scene to skip the tutorial.
  • Re-arranged and added props in the library so that students can no longer get stuck or become unable to pathfind and spin in circles inside the library.
  • Fixed bug that caused the Yakuza’s brother’s Task to count as completed even if Ryoba was defeated by the rival gang in the beat-em-up minigame.
  • All weapons except the cooking club’s knife are now disabled in the game’s tutorial, to prevent bugs and story continuity errors.
  • Fixed bug that prevented a heartbeat sound effect from playing when Ryoba was freaking out in her Senpai’s presence.
  • Fixed bug that caused the game to freeze during the “Offer Help” conversation of the 5th rival (Ritsuko).
  • Disabled the “Find Student Locker” button prompt in the tutorial, since it would crash the tutorial.
  • Fixed bug that made one of the student council boys sit in midair when having a council meeting.
  • Increased the volume of some of the Journalist’s voiced lines, since they were a bit too quiet.
  • Fixed bug that caused the headmaster’s neck to twist around when he was tasing Ryoba.
  • Osana can no longer appear on the 1980s Mode title screen.
  • Fixed typos in student profiles.

Activelo

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Akademi Daily articles in 1980's Mode has some...interesting trivia.

For one thing, Akademi is apparently a college now, tailored to Ichiko's tastes.
Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.png
The academy is supposed to simulate the feeling of high school for students continuing their education and...they can pick what year they're in? What is this, a fucking long-term roleplay session? Also note the "you have to be at least 18 years old in order to apply" part. :story:
Screenshot_4.png
It got its name from a bedtime story about young witches and wizards, which Ichiko loved.
Screenshot_5.png
Why aren't some people following the dress code? Because it's a privilege if they're at the top of their class. Why are other people allowed to be/act like delinquents? Because they're allowed to roleplay as a delinquent, so long as they don't hurt anyone! It's a part of re-living high school, after all! :story:
Screenshot_6.pngScreenshot_7.png
the /r/Osana subreddit reacted like you'd expect.
Screenshot_8.pngScreenshot_9.pngScreenshot_10.pngScreenshot_11.pngScreenshot_12.png

In other news, a fan put together a concept video for pushing Osana to kill his stalker and they put more effort into it than Alex ever could.
Local archive, although I had to compress the 480p video down to fit it here.

Cyber Bowling

kiwifarms.net
Just adding onto the craziness of the RP high school thing. The implication seems to be that, all the students graduated high school, then immediately re-enrolled in a high school simulation. That already makes no sense, but in Japan especially, I'd think students would feel pressured to get into a good college instead of attending high school LARP, especially if they're all supposed to be elite, prestigious students, you'd think they'd have no trouble getting into a good school and wouldn't want to waste any time.

You could maybe, if we're being extremely generous, sell a plot like that with actual adults. A bunch of bored 30/40 year olds who peaked in high school but spent the last 10-20 years living plain boring lives and desperately want to recapture their youthful nostalgia. I'm not sure if that could actually work for a video game though, and we know Alex would never go for it because he'll only allow one or two adults.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Akademi Daily articles in 1980's Mode has some...interesting trivia.

For one thing, Akademi is apparently a college now, tailored to Ichiko's tastes.
View attachment 2624241View attachment 2624242View attachment 2624243
The academy is supposed to simulate the feeling of high school for students continuing their education and...they can pick what year they're in? What is this, a fucking long-term roleplay session? Also note the "you have to be at least 18 years old in order to apply" part. :story:
View attachment 2624244
It got its name from a bedtime story about young witches and wizards, which Ichiko loved.
View attachment 2624245
Why aren't some people following the dress code? Because it's a privilege if they're at the top of their class. Why are other people allowed to be/act like delinquents? Because they're allowed to roleplay as a delinquent, so long as they don't hurt anyone! It's a part of re-living high school, after all! :story:
View attachment 2624246View attachment 2624247
the /r/Osana subreddit reacted like you'd expect.

In other news, a fan put together a concept video for pushing Osana to kill his stalker and they put more effort into it than Alex ever could.
Local archive, although I had to compress the 480p video down to fit it here.
View attachment 2624302
Okay, I'll give credit here: this is the dumbest thing Alex shat out in a while, and it's purely because he's a lazy grifting idiot who probably couldn't even be able to make a college uniform if asked to.