Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan / cannotgoogleme - Edgy weaboo coomer with pedo tendencies and 15+ years internet history as a lolcow, now known as a disaster developer behind eternal debug build called "Yandere Simulator", confirmed dollfucker

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.

How much money will the Kickstarter pull in?

• Total voters

morimori-chan

mori-chan living under fascism
kiwifarms.net
Not really. College is kind of the only time japs have to be casual at all. Once you get a job you're back to uniforms at most places.
Oh, so like this?
university-students.jpg
400088049.jpg

Kiwi Kitty

Catgirls best girls
kiwifarms.net
Oh, so like this?
university-students.jpg
400088049.jpg
Outside of pictures, in Japanese culture most post-secondary programs are easy as fuck.
This is because university entrance exams are fucking terrible. Most classes boil down to doing one report.
However this is also why only about 60% of Japanese students do the exams, because *university* is easy, but the *exams* are fucking terrible.
Also fun fact, what pictures don't show is how many Japanese students dress in uni. Because all schools in Japan have uniforms, regardless of if they're private or public, you get pretty much everyone dressing a little weird because it means they can all actually try out fashion.

morimori-chan

kiwifarms.net
Outside of pictures, in Japanese culture most post-secondary programs are easy as fuck.
This is because university entrance exams are fucking terrible. Most classes boil down to doing one report.
However this is also why only about 60% of Japanese students do the exams, because *university* is easy, but the *exams* are fucking terrible.
Also fun fact, what pictures don't show is how many Japanese students dress in uni. Because all schools in Japan have uniforms, regardless of if they're private or public, you get pretty much everyone dressing a little weird because it means they can all actually try out fashion.
Interesting. If YandereDev wants to make Akademi a college, then he could have built around this (how Sakyu and Inkyu Basu dress like demons, for example).

Catgirls are Love

Make Catgirls Purr Again
kiwifarms.net
I know that's a joke, but I think Apollo gave you the gift of prophecy. I played through the main mode again and Raibaru literally is joined to Osana most of the time.

I don't know when Alex adjusted her, but if you try to block her and Osana goes more than two steps away, Raibaru will start running or even slide across the floor to catch up. If you talk to Raibaru (when the game lets you, that is), Osana will stop moving to watch.
We live in a very strange time where what was once satire is increasingly becoming reality.

lumaleelumabop

kiwifarms.net
October 15 bug fixing build (archive)
Got a biiiiig list of bug-fixes for you today! Half are from 1980s Mode, half are for the main story mode. There are also some commonly-requested quality-of-life improvements in this build, too.

And, on a completely related note, I’d also like to share some videos with you that were created by fans of Yandere Simulator!

To see a list of everything that was changed or fixed in the latest build – and to see the videos I’d like to share with you – scroll down past this super-cute artwork by TrainerAsh and Red35!

Fixes and Changes
  • As of now, you no longer have to watch the outcome of a sabotaged Rival/Senpai event in order for the game to track it as a sabotaged event. After performing the act of sabotage, you can just go straight home, and your progress towards the Rejection elimination method will be updated accordingly.
  • Previously, Senpai did not eat lunch during Chigusa’s week, making it impossible to sabotage Chigusa’s “feed a bento to Senpai” event. From now on, Senpai will eat lunch during Chigusa’s week, allowing the sabotage method to apply to her.
  • Previously, Sonoko did not eat lunch during her week, making it impossible to kill her with a poisoned bento. From now on, Sonoko will eat lunch during her week, allowing the poison method to apply to her.
  • If the player entered the delinquent beat-em-up scene with motion blur active, a bizarre blurry visual effect would cover up the enemy delinquents. This bug has been fixed.
  • Fixed bug that would cause some of Ryoba’s animation layers to not properly play their animations after returning from the delinquent beat-em-up minigame.
  • Fixed bug that caused 1980s models to appear in the modern-day gameplay mode and prevented some of the modern-day clubroom props from appearing properly.
  • Fixed bug that prevented the Hair Salon clerk from saying any dialogue if the player attempted to purchase an item without having enough money.
  • Fixed bug that would cause Student Council boys to freeze in place when attempting to pick up a weapon that had been dropped on the ground.
  • Fixed bug that would cause the “stopped by Journalist before confession” cutscene to be obscured by unintentional amounts of bloom.
  • Fixed bug that caused the Headmaster’s textures to be all messed up if he had to appear in the End-of-Day credits sequence.
  • Fixed bug that caused rivals to slowly slide across the ground in a shocked pose if they discovered a corpse.
  • Attempted to fix bug that was causing some players to get stuck with a draw distance limit of 10 meters.
  • Fixed bug that allowed a landline telephone to appear in the faculty room in the modern-day story mode.
  • Corrected typo in “True Ending” timeline sequence; changed the spelling of Ichiro’s name to Ichirou.
  • Fixed bug that caused Nemesis to have a bunch of weird effects active during Mission Mode.
  • Fixed typo in newspaper article that referred to one of the rivals by the incorrect name.
  • Fixed bug that prevented student profiles from displaying properly outside of 1980s Mode.
  • Fixed bug that caused rivals to freeze in place permanently if they witnessed murder.
  • Fixed bug that allowed players to get stuck inside of bathtubs in the insane asylum.
  • Changed the text describing what the Chemistry stat does, since it was inaccurate.
  • Fixed bug that made it impossible to complete student Tasks outside of 1980s Mode.
  • Fixed bug that made Riku Soma behave as if he were Osana’s suitor.
  • Fixed typo in one of Info-chan’s Scheme descriptions.
  • Tweaked Hose’s student profile a bit.
The rest is just fan videos.

FallOfGrumps

kiwifarms.net
I mean, granted all of this should have been fixed before release, but I still have to continue to give him props for how fast he is pumping these patches out. A dude fixing this many bugs this quickly would be many software companies' wet dream. I worked in software for 6 years, most programmers are pretty lazy (It's a boring ass job).

Edit: To give you an idea, the average programmer probably address like a mix of 5-10 bugs/new features every two weeks. 5 being the more common and 10 being the true aces that actually have a future moving up in the company.

Last edited:

Jah Hates Kaffirs

Quranically compliant young man.
kiwifarms.net
The Akademi Daily articles in 1980's Mode has some...interesting trivia.

For one thing, Akademi is apparently a college now, tailored to Ichiko's tastes.
View attachment 2624241View attachment 2624242View attachment 2624243
The academy is supposed to simulate the feeling of high school for students continuing their education and...they can pick what year they're in? What is this, a fucking long-term roleplay session? Also note the "you have to be at least 18 years old in order to apply" part. :story:
View attachment 2624244
It got its name from a bedtime story about young witches and wizards, which Ichiko loved.
View attachment 2624245
Why aren't some people following the dress code? Because it's a privilege if they're at the top of their class. Why are other people allowed to be/act like delinquents? Because they're allowed to roleplay as a delinquent, so long as they don't hurt anyone! It's a part of re-living high school, after all! :story:
View attachment 2624246View attachment 2624247
I feel like my intelligence is being insulted reading this.

Kuritan Deplorable

kiwifarms.net
He's been talking about it for years, we just didn't realize it would manifest this way.

This is the Yanchan's mom mode. This is that 1980's or whatever mode. Thats why there's no infochan, thats why your hand crafting items, thats why there's ten completely different rivals, but it still in the same school.

I wonder how he's going to react when he releases his "99% gameplay 1% story" mode, and realizes nobody really gives a fuck about the janky ass gameplay. At this point he's running a BATIM situation, where the community is more invested in the lore they built up themselves than whats actually present in the game. Detaching to a whole new mode with new chars loses that.
I've been off in other parts of the internet, and stopped following Yandev, until the 1980's announcement video showed up in my feed. I just came here to confirm that I called it.

Maybe I'll download it and pop any new dll's into ILSpy and look for anything exceptionally retarded. With the bug reports about it restarting into the modern day mode, that tells me right away that he didn't flat clone over the scenes and behaviors, and might have actually set up a horrifically intertwined mess, like how he handles the easter eggs.

AngryRusky

kiwifarms.net
It just amazes me that yandere dev can pump out what is pretty much a spinoff game in like 5 months, but after this time he can't finish the main game. I know it's laziness and him trying to get those supporters back so he can keep scamming him, but if he had just finished the game by now I honestly think he could have made more money then he is now with all this bullshit.

If Dev did this in 2016, at the height of the YS hype and then launched the crowdfunding, it would had exploded.

Then with the money, could had completed YS within 1 or 2 years with high quality, he would easily had made at least 1 million in profit and would actually had succeeded in being there with the Skullgirls creator and Dav Salvato as a top tier dev. Then the entire gremlin saga would had been preempted and the Evaxephon reveals would not have touched him.

I will just have to assume for whatever reason he just could not do in 2016 what he just did now, because if he could it defies reason why he didnt.

morimori-chan

kiwifarms.net
I've been off in other parts of the internet, and stopped following Yandev, until the 1980's announcement video showed up in my feed. I just came here to confirm that I called it.

Maybe I'll download it and pop any new dll's into ILSpy and look for anything exceptionally exceptional. With the bug reports about it restarting into the modern day mode, that tells me right away that he didn't flat clone over the scenes and behaviors, and might have actually set up a horrifically intertwined mess, like how he handles the easter eggs.
I don't think it's good to download it for now because Yandev is only fixing bugs now, 1980's mode is literally unplayable

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If Dev did this in 2016, at the height of the YS hype and then launched the crowdfunding, it would had exploded.

Then with the money, could had completed YS within 1 or 2 years with high quality, he would easily had made at least 1 million in profit and would actually had succeeded in being there with the Skullgirls creator and Dav Salvato as a top tier dev. Then the entire gremlin saga would had been preempted and the Evaxephon reveals would not have touched him.

I will just have to assume for whatever reason he just could not do in 2016 what he just did now, because if he could it defies reason why he didnt.
I'm only giving you a rainbow sticker because I see this happening, it's sold like hotcakes, and Alex still ultimately loses out since his game is a glitch fest and he's himself.

lumaleelumabop

kiwifarms.net
October 16 bug fixing build (archive)
Got another build full of bug fixes for you! As usual, I know that there are still some bugs in the game, and I plan to keep releasing bug fixes until 1980s Mode is as stable as possible, but I still wanted to upload a new build featuring the fixes that I’ve made over the past 24 hours.

By the way! The composer of the courtroom music and True Ending background music – Alec Shea – has released a mini EP featuring those two tracks. Here’s a link to it:

In fact, here’s a whole bunch of links to it:

https://lnk.to/AlecShea_YandereSimVol2

Okay! Now that you’re aware of that, I feel comfortable moving on to the meat of this blog post. Click “Continue Reading” to see a list of everything that was fixed or changed in the latest build.

Fixes and Changes
  • The “Evil Photographer” now runs around the room searching for you after you light his bag on fire, instead of just standing still forever. (He’s still not very threatening, though. I might make him more of a threat in a future update.)
  • Fixed bug that caused the names of rivals from 1980s Mode to appear on save files from the main mode, and the names of rivals from the main mode to appear on save files from 1980s Mode.
  • Fixed bug that caused the student council boys to get stuck on closed doors when trying to patrol the school after a club had been shut down.
  • It is no longer possible to use the “pass 30 minutes” book after 5:30 PM, since you wouldn’t be able to get in a full 30 minutes.
  • Fixed bug that would make some of the girls who sunbathe on Week 5 try to sunbathe inside of the shower building after 4:00 PM.
  • Fixed bug that caused kidnapped victims inside of Yandere-chan’s basement to have weird particle effects enabled at all times.
  • Ryoba can now see the ghost of Sumire Saitozaki when activating Yandere Vision in the girls’ bathroom where she died.
  • Replaced the texturea of a female student whose hair and eyes didn’t fit in with the rest of the cast.
  • Fixed bug that caused Yandere-chan to use Ryoba’s body proportions while in the town environment.
  • It is no longer possible to sabotage the power strip on the gym’s stage if people are watching.
  • It is no longer possible to use the “Pass Time” book during the tutorial in 1980s Mode.
  • Fixed bug that prevented student profiles from displaying properly in 1980s Mode.
  • Fixed bug that prevented the 11th Schoolday track from being able to play.
  • The description of the Science Club is now different in 1980s Mode.
  • A bust of 2022 Kocho will no longer appear during 1980s Mode.

Kiwi Kitty

Catgirls best girls
kiwifarms.net
Every male NPC is a self-insert, either as he sees himself or as he actually is. Right down to the boring main love interest who has no discernible personality
The funny thing is when he added Osanas stalker to the game he went to such lengths to make it "so clear" that it wasn't him, when the stereotypical NEET is literally Yandev in every way. It's amazing how he can be so oblivious to how he actually is, yet still make two different types of male NPCs ALL just be him (or how he perceives himself)
Fucking hilarious

AngryRusky

kiwifarms.net
Every male NPC is a self-insert, either as he sees himself or as he actually is. Right down to the boring main love interest who has no discernible personality

To be frank this seems too extreme and like nitpicking to shit on Alex. He has some self insert elements, but to say every NPC is himself?

I think, with no evidence but my gut feelings, that Alex has Senpai as his ideal that women should be attracted to a guy as long as he is nice and maybe, MAYBE he is the representation of a younder more naive Alex that thought women would be into you as long as you are nice to them and a kind person. If this is true, I think the choice of making 1980s Senpai an actual popular chad (original timeline Senpai is not popular with girls or at all, I recall Alex said there is a very specific unrevealed reason why so many girls are attracted to him, my guess is that it has to do with the Aishi curse) was done with gritting teeth.

There is an actual in universe Alex self-insert, the Dev that Mai Waifu is in love with, obviously, as well as the meta self insert we see in the videos doing sketched with Midori, who I think has actually grown into a Alex as his actual waifu replacing Mai.

Activelo

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
October 16th Bug-Fixing Build (A)
Got another build full of bug fixes for you! As usual, I know that there are still some bugs in the game, and I plan to keep releasing bug fixes until 1980s Mode is as stable as possible, but I still wanted to upload a new build featuring the fixes that I’ve made over the past 24 hours.

By the way! The composer of the courtroom music and True Ending background music – Alec Shea – has released a mini EP featuring those two tracks. Here’s a link to it: (link)
In fact, here’s a whole bunch of links to it: (link)

Okay! Now that you’re aware of that, I feel comfortable moving on to the meat of this blog post. Click “Continue Reading” to see a list of everything that was fixed or changed in the latest build.

Fixes and Changes
  • The “Evil Photographer” now runs around the room searching for you after you light his bag on fire, instead of just standing still forever. (He’s still not very threatening, though. I might make him more of a threat in a future update.)
  • Fixed bug that caused the names of rivals from 1980s Mode to appear on save files from the main mode, and the names of rivals from the main mode to appear on save files from 1980s Mode.
  • Fixed bug that caused the student council boys to get stuck on closed doors when trying to patrol the school after a club had been shut down.
  • It is no longer possible to use the “pass 30 minutes” book after 5:30 PM, since you wouldn’t be able to get in a full 30 minutes.
  • Fixed bug that would make some of the girls who sunbathe on Week 5 try to sunbathe inside of the shower building after 4:00 PM.
  • Fixed bug that caused kidnapped victims inside of Yandere-chan’s basement to have weird particle effects enabled at all times.
  • Ryoba can now see the ghost of Sumire Saitozaki when activating Yandere Vision in the girls’ bathroom where she died.
  • Replaced the texturea of a female student whose hair and eyes didn’t fit in with the rest of the cast.
  • Fixed bug that caused Yandere-chan to use Ryoba’s body proportions while in the town environment.
  • It is no longer possible to sabotage the power strip on the gym’s stage if people are watching.
  • It is no longer possible to use the “Pass Time” book during the tutorial in 1980s Mode.
  • Fixed bug that prevented student profiles from displaying properly in 1980s Mode.
  • Fixed bug that prevented the 11th Schoolday track from being able to play.
  • The description of the Science Club is now different in 1980s Mode.
  • A bust of 2022 Kocho will no longer appear during 1980s Mode.
"Murder In the Court"

"The Plot Thickens"

He can fix all those bugs, but he can't be assed to make a proper saving/loading feature.
Screenshot_1.png

Xibakan

True Gator-Gamer.
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't the saving/loading system done by a volunteer? Pretty sure Alex had nothing to do with it.
I'm pretty sure a most of the save data is stored in the registry, which is just awful.
If you type regedit, then HKey_currentUser > Software > YandereDev you can view it in all its glory.
Go look at another game you have and do a size comparison between them, its spaghetti. It's a mystery why they didn't just store it in a plain-text file as a temp thing.

Last edited: