Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan / cannotgoogleme - Edgy weaboo coomer with pedo tendencies and 15+ years internet history as a lolcow, now known as a disaster developer behind eternal debug build called "Yandere Simulator", confirmed dollfucker

How much money will the Kickstarter pull in?

• Total voters

Maricón de Mierda

kiwifarms.net
if only you knew how bad things were.png

lumaleelumabop

kiwifarms.net
Launcher Update and New Debug Functionality (archive)
Hello! There are two things that may be worthy of your attention today.

First, the launcher has been updated with a few bug fixes. Second, I’ve added some new debug functionality to Yandere Simulator.

The new debug functionality is the ability to skip directly to a specific week, and to decide a few specifics while you’re doing so, such as how the previous rivals were eliminated, how much reputation you have at school, etc:

This is useful for if your save file gets deleted somehow and you want to return to the week that you were last playing, or if you’re a YouTuber who wants to record footage of a specific rival/week, or if you’re trying to report a bug that only happens on Week 10 but you don’t want to play through 10 weeks just to get there.

To access this menu, highlight a save file on the Title Screen and then press the “R” key (or the “Y” button if you’re playing with a controller). Once you’re at the menu, use the keys/buttons listed at the bottom of the screen to set things up.

I hope this new functionality will be useful to you!

But, of course, that’s not the only thing that is new in the latest build. Click “Continue Reading” for the full changelog!

Fixes, Changes, Additions
  • You can now jump straight to a specific week in 1980s Mode. At the title screen, highlight a save file and press the “R” key (or the “Y” button on controller) to access a screen that lets you skip straight to any week of your choosing.
  • Devoted fans of Yandere Simulator have developed a mod that translates the game from English into Russian. However, players were unable to use buckets while using this mod, since buckets were programmed to check button prompts for the presence of certain English words in order to operate. I have updated the bucket’s functionality to no longer be dependent on the words in its button prompt, so that foreign fans of the game using translation mods don’t lose access to any of the game’s features.
  • When Ayano talks to Osana to discuss her stalker, she says “I overheard you talking with your friend.” However, this conversation can be initiated before Osana talks to Raibaru about her stalker. So, that line of dialogue is now slightly different if the conversation is initiated before Osana has had an opportunity to talk to Raibaru about her stalker.
  • If the player put a note into a Sleuth’s locker and told the Sleuth to go check their locker, and the rest of the Sleuths began investigating students while the other Sleuth was running towards their locker, the Sleuth who was headed for their locker would change their destination and never check their locker. This bug has been fixed.
  • If the player made progress towards making a rival fall in love with a suitor and then reset the week, the game would remember some of the matchmaking progress, making it difficult to perform certain actions (such as impressing the rival with a trait). This bug has been fixed.
  • If the player increased the suitor’s stats and then got a game over (or closed the game) and restarted the day, the game would remember the fact that the suitor’s stats had been increased. This bug has been fixed.
  • Changed the texture for the hedges and bushes around the school. Hedge walls and bushes dominate many parts of the school, so this significantly changes the look-and-feel of the school.
  • Fixed bug that caused a rival’s expectations of a suitor’s courage/intelligence/strength to rise higher if he failed to impress the rival with that trait on a previous day.
  • Fixed bug that caused female Sports Club members to perpetually walk in place in the school gym after they finished running along the 100m sprinting track behind the gym.
  • The boys in the Sports Club (both time periods) now have different levels of musculature when they are in their swimming outfits. (It’s subtle, but it’s there.)
  • From now on, if the player uses the “Sneak Panty Shot” feature while holding an object, they will drop the object before pulling out their phone.
  • Fixed bug that would prevent a Sleuth from properly reaching their destination when going to a meeting after receiving a note in their locker.
  • There was a single bucket at school (in the school gym) where any liquid poured inside of it would appear invisible. This has been fixed.
  • Fixed bug that would cause a dropped gym uniform in 202X to have the same appearance as a gym uniform from 1989.
  • The boys of the 1989 Sports Club now have different legging textures than the boys of the 202X Sports Club.
  • Fixed bug that could cause two students sent to sleep in the infirmary to choose to sleep in the same bed.
  • Updated Schoolday 9 with a new, revised version of the track composed by CameronF305.
  • Fixed bug that prevented the pause screen’s “Reset Day At Home” feature from working.
  • Fixed bug that messed up the intended appearance of the hair salon cutscene.

lumaleelumabop

kiwifarms.net
First blog post of the month is out now.
Progress Report, Fan Videos, New Build (archive)
Hi!

Because this is the first blog post of the month, it seems like an appropriate time to talk about what I’m currently focusing on, and what I plan to accomplish in the near future.

The plan remains unchanged:

1. Fix every problem that people have identified in 1980s Mode – whether it’s a bug, an exploit, an oversight, an ugly asset, or a design flaw.
  2. Use the feedback and criticism I’ve recieved to make a series of design changes to 1980s Mode that improve the experience in various ways.
  3. Make a “How Your Feedback Improved 1980s Mode” video, similar to the one I made about the demo last year, going over all of the ways that 1980s Mode has vastly improved since its release.
  4. Move on to the next stage of development. (Aesthetic improvements may still be made to 1980s Mode.)
I had planned to have completed Step 1 by now, but it turned out to involve way more time and work than previously expected. It turns out that giving people the ability to test a tremendous number of new scenarios that were not previously in the game leads directly to an enormous number of new discoveries – and when I say “discoveries,” I mean “bugs” and “ways that the game’s design can be improved.”

I planned to complete Step 1 before moving on to Step 2, but instead, I wound up working on both of thos Steps simultaneously. Every day, new feedback rolls in, and there’s always a new task to work on…sometimes, it starts to feel like there is no end in sight! However, that’s definitely not true; the number of tasks remaining on my “to-do list” is getting smaller with each day, so I can tell that I’ll eventually hit “0” and be able to move out of this phase of development. Until then, I’ll just continue to make progress on a daily basis until I’m through Steps 1 and 2.

Speaking of progress, I have an extra-large build for you today with a lot of fixes and improvements – and also a lot of aesthetic changes to the characters! I also want to share some interesting fan-made videos with you. It’s going to be an extra-large blog post! To get started, click “Continue Reading.”

First, take a look at this:

That’s the original concept art for Muja Kina, illustrated by Aea way back in 2014.

As you’re probably already aware, 1980s Mode is a giant collection of things from Yandere Simulator’s early history – the Rainbow students, the delinquent boys and girls, “Witness-chan”, etc. Someone generously volunteered to bring another thing from Yandere Simulator’s past into 1980s Mode, and here it is:

Yes, that’s right! The nurse in 1980s Mode now uses the design that Muja Kina was originally supposed to have back in 2014! Her model looks gorgeous, doesn’t it?! It was just too good of a design to throw away!

Here are some of the other improvements in today’s build:

Fixes, Changes, Additions, Improvements
  • The 6th rival, Ai Doruyashi, performs a song in the school gym. The song that she was performing up until this point didn’t match my mental image of what her songs would be like. So, the composer and the vocalist re-worked the song, and now Ai’s song matches my mental image of how her performances should sound! I’m really happy with the latest version! You can check it out here:

• For some reason, typing ‘debug’ at the Extras screen was not enabling debug commands, as it was supposed to. I have been unable to determine the cause of the bug, so I have implemented a new way to unlock debug commands. While at school, type the letters “d e b u g” and debug commands / easter eggs will be unlocked.
  • Fixed bug that would cause certain types of accessories (bracelets, kerchiefs, club accessories, scrunchies, hoodies, loose socks) to appear floating outside of garbage bags after a student’s corpse had been wrapped up in a garbage bag.
  • Attempted to fix bug that would cause delinquents to spawn in the school plaza instead of spawning like everyone else. I don’t know for certain whether or not the bug is fixed, because it was very random and would happen inconsistently.
  • When selecting your save file on the title screen, the option to enter the “Week Select” screen will now only appear if you’re highlighting a new save file (it was never intended to work on pre-existing save files.)
  • Attempted to fix bug that would make Yandere-chan spawn wearing the wrong school uniform in Mission Mode. This bug never actually happened for me, so I can’t tell for certain if I was able to fix it or not.
  • Students who have already been kidnapped once in the past (and have been released by the Yakuza after their family paid a ransom) will now refuse to follow the player once they have returned to school.
  • Fixed bug that prevented the game from saving a suitor’s stats at the end of a day during which the player had increased one of the suitor’s stats.
  • Fixed bug that would cause a student to teleport/disappear if the player tried to change their hair style using Pose Mode.
  • Fixed bug that was preventing club leaders from sitting down during their weekly Friday meetings with other club leaders.
  • Updated the Sports Club boys’ swimming leggings with new textures that feel a bit more realistic and aren’t so cartoony.
  • Fixed bug that caused Ai’s idol stage to appear in the school gym while a memorial service was taking place in the gym.
  • From now on, activating the Cyborg Mode eastre egg will deactivate Raibaru’s “instantly counter any attack” feature.
  • Updated the Student Council girls’ appearances slightly to make them match their new official artwork more closely.
  • Updated the texture of the hedge behind Senpai when viewing his portrait inside the Senpai Shrine.
  • Made slight adjustments to the hair models of the rich girl rival and final rival of 1980s Mode.
  • Fixed bug that caused the Journalist’s “reputation chart” to look really glitchy in 1980s Mode.
  • Fixed bug that caused Osana’s bookbag to continue appearing at school even after she was dead.
  • Fixed bug that prevented the 1989 gym teacher from having the correct face texture.
  • Updated the “Schoolday 5” music track with a more gentle lead instrument.
  • Fixed bug that caused the bully girls in 202X to use 1989 bookbags.
  • Updated the textures used in the Cyborg Mode easter egg.
  • Updated the appearance of the 1989 nurse.
  • Updated the Rainbow 6’s socks slightly.
  • Updated Raibaru’s hairstyle.
Fan Translation Bugs
I mentioned this in a previous blog post, but I’ll say it again: if you play the game using a mod that changes all text in the game from English to another language, certain features of the game might break. This happens because those features are checking for the presence of specific English words in some of the text labels.

To let non-English speakers play the game without issues, I have updated the game’s code so that those features are no longer dependent on the presence of English words. If you’re playing the game using a mod that changes the language, you should now be able to use the following features without a problem:

• Setting up a meeting with a student using a note in their locker.
  • Asking a student to pull a knife out of a box.
  • Feeding food to students.
Recent Fan Videos
It wouldn’t be a YandereDev blog post without sharing some fan art, right? Well, today, I’ve got three fan-made creations to share with you!

The first one is something that I thought was absolutely hilarious. It’s a “Create-A-Wrestler” match in WWE 2K20 where the wrestlers have been customized to look like Ayano and Megami.

Haha, I love it!! I just can’t help it, this stuff makes me laugh so hard!!

The next video is a parody of the opening sequence to my favorite anime of all time, Neon Genesis Evangelion, using characters and footage from 1980s Mode.

God-tier thumbnail, by the way! Evangelion fans will understand.

And last, we have a “Concept” video created by a talented group of fans. In case you’re not familiar, “Concept” video is a fan-made video that proposes a feature or event that the game might have one day.

These videos often stray far away from my intended plans for the game…but even if these videos don’t line up with my own vision, it’s still very heartwarming to see a group of fans put a lot of effort into a long video with a lot of production value. I can clearly see that a lot of hard work and love is put into these videos, and I respect that a lot!

Okay, time to get back to work! Hope to talk to you again soon!

As always, thank you for following the development of Yandere Simulator!
Yes, there are some spelling and grammar mistakes in the post.

This is a lot to unpack.

Empty bottle of fanta

kiwifarms.net
He's adding little things and changing and replacing things but whats the point if "the whole thing will be done by professionals with kickstarter money?" He keeps trying to wring more and more free assets out of a towel thats already drier than his samus cum rag. hardly anyone wants to work with him, and those that do he doesn't bother with. [Insert the multitude of those ex-voulenteer accounts saying he never used any of their models]. At SOME point he's gotta start actually paying for things if hes gonna start making any noticeable changes. If he's gonna insist on only using kickstarter money he may as well just launch it now and talk to ACTUAL PAID PROFESSIONALS on how to fix his mess of a game instead of doubling down and making it worse himself.

But I suppose the only one more retarded than Alex making this shitty game, is ME speculating on why he wont fix his shitty game.

lumaleelumabop

kiwifarms.net
December 5 bug fixing build (archive)
Hello! There was an embarrassing bug in the previous build, so I quickly prepared a new one.

To see a list of everything that has been fixed or changed in the latest build, scroll down past this beautiful artwork of Osana by Tomlu!

Fixes, Changes, Additions
  • If the player disposes of all spare uniforms and is currently wearing the last piece of clean clothing in the school, they should be disallowed from attacking anyone, since getting any blood on their clothing would put them in a situation where they are stuck in a bloody uniform and are guaranteed to be arrested. There was a bug that allowed the player to continue attacking students even if it would mean that they’d have no spare clothing to switch into. This bug has been fixed.
  • There was a bug that allowed the player to strip off their bloody clothing in the locker room, even though they wouldn’t have any spare clothing to change into, and thus would be stuck in the locker room indefinitely. This bug has been fixed.
  • Fixed bug that caused teachers to wear both 1989 clothing and modern-day clothing simultaneously if the player enabled the “disable character models when they are a certain distance from the camera” option in the Settings menu.
  • From now on, the “School Atmosphere Percent” number on the Calendar screen will turn white if the school atmosphere is lower than 50%, so that it’s no longer a black number against a black background.
  • Fixed bug that prevented the game from acknowledging that Yandere-chan should be able to find the poison bottle in the science lab after boosting her Chemistry in the Gaming Club.
  • Adjusted the visual effects on the Calendar screen for 1980s Mode so that “low school atmosphere” effects do not cause certain aspects of the UI to become difficult to read.
  • Fixed bug in 1980s Mode that would cause the Sanity meter to always display 100%, even if the player had lowered Ryoba’s sanity far beneath 100%.
  • There were still a few pamphlets around the school in 1980s Mode that featured images of modern-day smartphones. These have been changed.
  • There is now a spare uniform in the Sewing Club in 1989 so that the player can now actually use the emergency showers in 1980s Mode.
  • Fixed bug that caused the nurse in 1989 to have a comically oversized modern-day cell phone.
  • Updated the texture for the 1989 swimming leggings.

Forgotten Snack Cake

Deliciousness like a knife into your lifespan
kiwifarms.net
Alex could have been working on updating character models simultaneously with updating hair. Some people in the comments noted that even the style fits the custom Ayano model.
The video hints that Alex tries to transition from AOI to custom models if new hair styles fits both.
That thumbnail is horrifying. I thought the free Aoi pack models were bad. What is that swollen alien face model on the left? Yeesh. What poor tween volunteer has he suckered in to do new models for him to further stall “progress”

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

Youscatgetouttahereg-go-gogetthestick-getouttahere
kiwifarms.net
That thumbnail is horrifying. I thought the free Aoi pack models were bad. What is that swollen alien face model on the left? Yeesh. What poor tween volunteer has he suckered in to do new models for him to further stall “progress”
it looks like a fucking Dr Seuss Who.

Minecraft Clock6422

kiwifarms.net
Alex could have been working on updating character models simultaneously with updating hair. Some people in the comments noted that even the style fits the custom Ayano model.
The video hints that Alex tries to transition from AOI to custom models if new hair styles fits both.
Oh man, it will be interesting to see how implementation of the new model will play out, (if he could ever do it) along with seeing more bugs and other weird shit pop out.

Idk about 3d modelling, but I think the one on the left looks bad because kgon shows it in a 3d software, and its not rendered in the same way that the Aoi model is on the unity engine, but yea I agree with you, the new 3d model looks really off and that poor teenage volunteer is probably gonna be unpaid, uncredited, and left under the bus.
EDIT: grammar and typos

New to this cow. Holy shit what a rabbit hole
Welcome, have a seat, and enjoy the ride.

Last edited:

Forgotten Snack Cake

Deliciousness like a knife into your lifespan
kiwifarms.net
Idk about 3d modelling, but I think the one on the left looks bad because kgon shows it in a 3d software, and its not rendered in the same way that the Aoi model is on the unity engine, but yea I agree with you, the new 3d model looks really off and that poor teenage volunteer is probably gonna be unpaid, uncredited, and left under the bus.
I don’t believe it’s the rendering. The eyes are too far apart; any further and they’ll fly off her face. The nonexistent nose does nothing to close the distance. Depending on the lighting, you can really see how fat and swollen the cheeks are. You can already see the forehead is ginormous even by anime hair standards. I also can’t stop staring at her chest, but unlike Alex and his fans it’s because the school uniform ribbon is painted on.

lost_n'_confused

looking for my car keys in the threads
kiwifarms.net
Oh man, it will be interesting to see how implementation of the new model will play out, (if he could ever do it) along with seeing more bugs and other weird shit pop out.

Welcome, have a seat, and enjoy the ride.
The face has no chin structure. The bone is misshaped with indents. This is what a person with severe jaw deformities would look like. It is common for beginners to make this mistake, as they do not understand how the jawline works and is connected up to the cheekbone.