• "when i was twelve my sister was thirteen, i tricked her into losing her virginity to a dog"

Careercow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart MahanDeveloper of Yandere Simulator & With the face only a mother could love

Discussion in 'Lolcows' started by vertexwindi, Apr 10, 2016.

Forum Guidelines

Lolcows are people and groups whose eccentric or foolish behavior can be "milked" for amusement and laughs. They are not countries, political figures, celebrities, your highschool bully, or some random YouTuber who doesn't involve himself in drama.

• Be civil.

Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.

• Hide your powerlevel.

Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. This is not your blog and we are not an asylum.

• Don't backseat moderate.

You are not a moderator. You do not decide if a thread is to remain open or not. You do not decide if someone is a lolcow or not.

• Don't white knight.

Don't turn threads into an intervention. If you want to help, contact them privately. True lolcows reject advice.

• Do not create topics about forum members.

If you believe someone discovered by their account on the forum deserves a thread, ask staff first.

• No trolling plans.

We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.

• Topic titles should contain aliases.

Keep thread titles as brief as possible and use all their different usernames.

• Archive everything.

Use archival tools to preserve content forever. Upload directly to posts where applicable.

?

Pick a Side

1. Memes

248 vote(s)
    67.2%
  2. Edge

121 vote(s)
    32.8%
  1. Most people today would know him as Yanderedev, that guy making YouTube sensation Yandere Simulator, but before that, he used to go around online under the alias EvaXephon and was mostly known for pissing off /v/ by constantly spamming the link to his shitty streams. He was also a frequenter of Gaia, where he was mostly known for complaining about the fact that he couldn't get a girlfriend.

If you're wondering why, here's the reason:
    [​IMG]
    "Jokingly"

He had aspirations to develop video games and tried his hand at programming a fighting game engine. His code was criticized by MikeZ, the programmer of Skullgirls, which you might recognize as both a good game and a well-programmed piece of work. EvaXephon didn't have any of it, however, and threw a bitchfit, distraught that his personal hero wouldn't give him blind praise.

His first attempt at making an actual game was to make a side-scrolling hack'n'slash-like game called Lunar Scythe starring the edgiest woman that was ever designed, on a quest to kill everyone to clean the world of its "human filth" (you can read the whole story here). He shilled this idea on /v/ for weeks, trying to impress by showing the same character drawn by different people over and over while ignoring what others were telling him, so he quickly turned into a laughing stock.

Then, he came back as "Yanderedev" with an actually interesting idea, a game where you played as a yandere who kills and ruins lives to try and get close to her senpai. /v/ liked the concept and contributed to the game, giving feedback and some volunteer work, but because he's EvaXephon, he couldn't help and throw bitchfits, like his attempt to turn the whole Mike Z chat into a sob story about a big mean programmer who totally ruined his life and made him depressed. Eventually, it came to light that Yanderedev and EvaXephon were one and the same when an ex-volunteer leaked it on Reddit. He quickly turned into a laughing stock yet again, though this hasn't stopped him from trying to defend himself on /v/.

Then he went to 8chan and repeated the story. He tried to pander to them, threw more bitchfits about nothing and went to Reddit. On Reddit, he mostly writes up huge, autistic walls of text spoiling everything about the game and detailing what each character has for breakfast, as well as bitching to mods about users he doesn't like, like such:

These days, he's mostly h̶a̶l̶f̶-̶a̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e streaming vidya gaems and throwing more bitchfits, most of them about how hard it is to delete emails to the point that he eventually made a twenty minute long video about it. Some other things of note include pissing off volunteers on a regular basis and paedophilia. Despite all this, he still manages to have a large group of fans ever since YanSim blew up amongst the PewDiePie demographic and he receives ~5k a month on Patreon.

You can find a good and brief summary of the whole situation here.

His personal site (archive)
    His Twitch account (archive)
    His Twitter account (archive)
    His Patreon account (archive)
    His LinkedIn account (archive)

• Informative x 89
    • Like x 6
    • Winner x 1
    • Autistic x 1
    • A-Log x 1
    #1 vertexwindi, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    vertexwindi

vertexwindi Hitler 2.0

kiwifarms.net
  2. His Linkedin account (archived)

We also have some archived 4chan posts here, which largely consist of him and his users shilling his website and shitty mogulus stream. /v/ bore the brunt of his extensive spamming but unfortunately there are no archived posts from that period that I can find right now.

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    #2 atm, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    atm

atm BIBELOBIS
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. You know, this genuinely makes me sad. I was looking forward to Yandere Simulator as a sort of more advanced Hitman game, since I really like those sorts of stealth games.

But, lolcows are lolcows, and if he's still refused to accept criticism after all this time - instead turning to bitchfits and self-defense whinging - I'm almost certain that it's going to leak through in his game code.

Kinda makes me think of a weeaboo MDickie, really.

• Agree Agree x 52
    • Feels Feels x 19
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  4. I can't find it, but someone on /cow/ mentioned a screenshot of some YanSim code floating around that was full of else if statements. Would explain why the game runs like shit.

• Informative Informative x 23
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    vertexwindi

vertexwindi Hitler 2.0

kiwifarms.net
  5. I think I recall seeing the code in one of his vids. I'll get back here once I found it and brought a screencap of it.

• Like Like x 2
    Alan Pardew

Alan Pardew Just Monika
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. I would say that both literally and figuratively.

From what I've seen on youtube, the character animations looked like someone just half-assed a walk cycle in Miku Miku Dance and decided to make a game out of it instead of a Nightcore album.

I had just hoped that it would be a Mount and Blade sort of deal where the content outweighs the presentation, but alas, it was too good to be true.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  7. Found the code. Start from 2:58 to see part of it:

• Informative Informative x 21
    Alan Pardew

Alan Pardew Just Monika

kiwifarms.net
  8. holy fuck this hurts me physically

please tell me this is a ruse

• Feels Feels x 18
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    vertexwindi

vertexwindi Hitler 2.0

kiwifarms.net
  9. Here's a screenshot of it if you're interested:

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 32
    • Like Like x 3
    Alan Pardew

Alan Pardew Just Monika

kiwifarms.net
    • Informative Informative x 14
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    atm

atm BIBELOBIS
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. I don't even code, and that looks like the kind of shit that made the "Manimal" glitches in Red Dead Redemption possible.

Or, at the very least, it looks like it would make the computer chug running it because it's constantly having to check for several variables every time it loads a character.

Please correct me if I'm wrong in my reasoning on that, by the way - I find this fascinating and I'd love to learn more.

• Informative Informative x 14
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  11. Be sure to send him lots of e-mails telling him how he can improve his code. :epik:

• Winner Winner x 23
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Hat

Hat Tranny Sayaka Miki
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. Here's the if-else statement shit if you're interested. I know I'm not worth judging code since I'm a newbie but who and why the fuck would you code that in a single line instead of just simple blocks it's hard to read

[​IMG]

Funnily enough one of his articles covers the Natsuiro High School game, and YandereDev made a vid about it too:

http://www.examiner.com/article/nat...e-order-dlc-costumes-are-erotic-micro-bikinis

• Informative Informative x 13
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Alan Pardew

Alan Pardew Just Monika

kiwifarms.net
  13. I would, but then I'd probably receive a fuckton of autoreplies that just have "Else if" endlessly repeating because he forgot to close the loop again.

Also, why does it not surprise me that the guy :autism:ing out over his best waifu-game ideas also happens to be obsessed with games about anime tits?

• Like x 6
    • Winner x 6
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  14. Archive your links

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    CatParty

CatParty Boo
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. k

• Autistic x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Dumb x 3
    • Dislike x 2
    • Feels x 1
    vertexwindi

vertexwindi Hitler 2.0

kiwifarms.net
  16. I stumbled upon Yandere Simulator about a year ago and was intrigued by the idea, but some of the design choices really gave me creepy vibes - like equipping different sets of panties for bonuses, torturing underaged girl characters in your basement, etc. So I'm not surprised YandereDev turned out to have a history of creepy shit; it's just funny that he hasn't lost that sense of entitlement after all these years.

• Agree x 19
    • Like x 7
    • Feels x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    Lackadaisy

Lackadaisy gas the commies, class war now
    Birthday

kiwifarms.net
  17. This guy was one of the worst streamers ever. Not only did he harass every woman in chat with creepy mutterings and woe-is-me pity talk, but he was just fucking awful at games. He actually cheated in Persona 4 to have max level characters...and yet he died on the last two bosses.

• Informative x 43
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Horrifying x 1
    • Off-Topic x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  18. I heard Yandere Dev was an asshole, but he seemed dedicated to making the game and I was genuinely looking forward to playing it. But I saw the extent of his assholishness with that 20 minute video on emails.

His insistance on not hiring a secretary sounds arrogant; he seems to think he's incapable of making the mistakes he fears someone else will make when sorting through his inbox and must micromanage every little thing - the dude's gonna give himself a breakdown.

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Like Like x 1
    #19 Ubiquitous, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    kiwifarms.net
  19. Jesus Christ, I didn't realize he uses the same voice for streams as he does for narrating game updates. I thought it was just a creepy voice he put on to 'fit' the game and further the YandereDev persona. Just upped the creep factor.

• Feels x 13
    • Like x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Horrifying x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Late x 1
    Lackadaisy

Lackadaisy gas the commies, class war now
    Birthday

kiwifarms.net