Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan - Developer of Yandere Simulator with a face only a mother could love

What will happen to Yansim?

• Alex works less and less on his game as he rides out his tugboat

Votes: 387 48.8%
  • Alex drops the game and becomes a fulltime streamer

Votes: 145 18.3%
  • Alex opens up a Kickstarter that will fail because of gremlins (no refunds)

Votes: 186 23.5%
  • Alex adds more useless features asking for more money

Votes: 343 43.3%
  • Alex goes full skitzo drawing crayon comics about his battles with gremlins

Votes: 98 12.4%
  • Alex takes all the criticism to heart and improve his life

Votes: 17 2.1%
  • Alex will troon out becoming Alexia

Votes: 207 26.1%
  • Alex does a flip

Votes: 119 15.0%

• Total voters

Wärring Ornac

When you reverse "LOVE" It turns to "EVOL"
kiwifarms.net
i like how white knights in comments unironically call people who said something bad about YD as gremlins.

comment: "Now, how long does it take to make a game?"
View attachment 621114
View attachment 621115
I accidentally found her tumblr (archive), which she used to complain about anti-yansim. Particularly she retread the whole argument about AAA games here (archive)

She also has a fanfiction.net (archive) account where she post her rape/dub-con/slave/shota fanfics of Hetalia, in case you forgot what kind of fangirl that Alex attract

And have this "meme" comparable to Leftist Memes.

grembloartshow

kiwifarms.net

He doesn't have a life out of yansim though, lmao. by his own admission, and it's his own fault.

Coding isn't hard, not with unity, and not with c#. It can be hard if you complicate things and don't follow conventions that are designed to make things easier to debug and easier to work with. Once you have a simple understanding of the way computers deal with logic, you have everything you need to be able to plan out pseudo-code and turn it into real code. And assets and engine tools do a lot of this for you so you can work on your game.

I dunno dude. there are plenty of exceptional people who follow Alex to watch him crash and burn, and they probably underestimate how much work coding is, but it's been thoroughly demonstrated that Alex's code is piss poor and has made it unnecessarily hard on himself by coding the way that he does, and progress and performance is impacted by it, and Alex just denies it. And we make fun of Alex because he denies that his code is bad, even when it's apparent.

Lack of assets is not really an excuse to not finish a prototype of a mechanic either, the drowning, or any other mechanic can be used on a gray capsule or square just as well as an actual finalized model. I'll also chalk this up to the way he codes though since a gentle breeze will break what he has going on.

Cast Away

Fanning the flames
kiwifarms.net
Why does he focus on the tiny little things in the game that no one cares about? Why doesn’t he just implement the rivals and add the other shit later?
Because he's too incompetent to implement the major mechanics he promised so he's focusing on little things to please his 12 yr old fans and create the illusion he's doing work

The Manglement

Some internet faggot
kiwifarms.net
I accidentally found her tumblr (archive), which she used to complain about anti-yansim. Particularly she retread the whole argument about AAA games here (archive)
View attachment 680876

She also has a fanfiction.net (archive) account where she post her rape/dub-con/slave/shota fanfics of Hetalia, in case you forgot what kind of fangirl that Alex attract

And have this "meme" comparable to Leftist Memes.
View attachment 680925
Jesus christ that meme was so bad I gave up halfway through reading it because I got bored. How are you that incompetent?

gaFDA

Armchair Idiot
kiwifarms.net
I think when the time comes to scrap the project that instead of just leaving entirely he'll migrate to twitch and focus more on streaming since he clearly enjoys doing that more than game development; not to mention that his viewership on twitch is still on the rise albeit more slowly than it used to. Interestingly, he did post some what-if plans on his 2018 transparency post going over what he'll do if the Patreon ever goes under $1k/mo:
View attachment 680416
Gotta love the general vagueness and uncertainty of someone who took their easy money for granted and is now stuck with nothing to show for it. I'm especially curious about what these "simple game ideas" are because I doubt when he inevitably does go under $1k that he doesn't follow though on this. Hell even optimistically assuming that he does make these simple games they will be laughably half-assed for the amount of work put into them, and no one except trolls and his die-hard fans will give a shit about them.
I like how his plan for below $3000 is to start working on increasing his income via more Youtube videos. There are a good $2000 before lack of support starts effecting the game. which is, you know, why they support him in the first place. His focus is clearly money at this point, but we have known that for a long time now, this just reinforces that point.

Semi_Used_Condom

kiwifarms.net

ducktales4gameboy

git branch -d giant_boobs
kiwifarms.net
That prop detection logic is gonna make the framerate way more erratic. Raycasts are to be avoided unless absolutely necessary because they’re laggy and this is going to add a whole lot of them to the student update loop. As usual there’s a simple and much easier way to deal with this, but we’re not gonna see it because this is yansim. (eta: it still uses raycasts, but you can easily cut it down to <1% of what’s shown here)

When the build comes out, someone please go on a killing spree and see how low it goes when there’s half a dozen body parts on the floor.

Last edited:

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
That prop detection logic is gonna make the framerate way more erratic. Raycasts are to be avoided unless absolutely necessary because they’re laggy and this is going to add a whole lot of them to the student update loop. As usual there’s a simple and much easier way to deal with this, but we’re not gonna see it because this is yansim.

When the build comes out, someone please go on a killing spree and see how low it goes when there’s half a dozen body parts on the floor.
What would the "More easy" solution be? Vision colliders (and then a ray cast?).

Interested as video game AI fascinates me.

ducktales4gameboy

git branch -d giant_boobs
kiwifarms.net
What would the "More easy" solution be? Vision colliders (and then a ray cast?).

Interested as video game AI fascinates me.
Yep. You’d dedicate a layer to trigger colliders and throw a huge spherical one on the props and a tiny one on the students. In the prop’s script you listen for the trigger overlap and then do the raycast (probably also throwing a dot product in first to make sure they’re actually looking in the direction of the object) and the trigger collision will provide the ray/distance you need so you don’t need to calculate them.

By doing it like this you foist 90% of the work off on physx and its nice compact BSP implementation and you can easily reuse the code for anything else that requires visibility by just changing how the trigger overlap is handled. Also you don’t need to keep track of all the props in the scene since you’ll always be provided with the ones that might be relevant when the callback fires.

Last edited:

Czolg

kiwifarms.net
Finally back after realising I was logged out and needed to change my password.

Alex, if I wanted to listen to something that sounds like it's out of a hentai, I'd go fucking watch a hentai. View attachment 682237
That whole "Owo, I'm a schoolgirl with frail arms" bit was so fucking cringy. Watching it hurts. I can't comprehend how is it possible that grown man wrote this shit.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino