Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan - Developer of Yandere Simulator with a face only a mother could love

What will happen to Yansim?

• Alex works less and less on his game as he rides out his tugboat

Votes: 308 50.0%
  • Alex drops the game and becomes a fulltime streamer

Votes: 122 19.8%
  • Alex opens up a Kickstarter that will fail because of gremlins (no refunds)

Votes: 159 25.8%
  • Alex adds more useless features asking for more money

Votes: 277 45.0%
  • Alex goes full skitzo drawing crayon comics about his battles with gremlins

Votes: 81 13.1%
  • Alex takes all the criticism to heart and improve his life

Votes: 10 1.6%
  • Alex will troon out becoming Alexia

Votes: 152 24.7%
  • Alex does a flip

Votes: 97 15.7%

• Total voters

ducktales4gameboy

git push -a -m "fixed #221 (goddammit unity)"
kiwifarms.net
That prop detection logic is gonna make the framerate way more erratic. Raycasts are to be avoided unless absolutely necessary because they’re laggy and this is going to add a whole lot of them to the student update loop. As usual there’s a simple and much easier way to deal with this, but we’re not gonna see it because this is yansim. (eta: it still uses raycasts, but you can easily cut it down to <1% of what’s shown here)

When the build comes out, someone please go on a killing spree and see how low it goes when there’s half a dozen body parts on the floor.

Last edited:

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
That prop detection logic is gonna make the framerate way more erratic. Raycasts are to be avoided unless absolutely necessary because they’re laggy and this is going to add a whole lot of them to the student update loop. As usual there’s a simple and much easier way to deal with this, but we’re not gonna see it because this is yansim.

When the build comes out, someone please go on a killing spree and see how low it goes when there’s half a dozen body parts on the floor.
What would the "More easy" solution be? Vision colliders (and then a ray cast?).

Interested as video game AI fascinates me.

ducktales4gameboy

git push -a -m "fixed #221 (goddammit unity)"
kiwifarms.net
What would the "More easy" solution be? Vision colliders (and then a ray cast?).

Interested as video game AI fascinates me.
Yep. You’d dedicate a layer to trigger colliders and throw a huge spherical one on the props and a tiny one on the students. In the prop’s script you listen for the trigger overlap and then do the raycast (probably also throwing a dot product in first to make sure they’re actually looking in the direction of the object) and the trigger collision will provide the ray/distance you need so you don’t need to calculate them.

By doing it like this you foist 90% of the work off on physx and its nice compact BSP implementation and you can easily reuse the code for anything else that requires visibility by just changing how the trigger overlap is handled. Also you don’t need to keep track of all the props in the scene since you’ll always be provided with the ones that might be relevant when the callback fires.

Last edited:

Czolg

kiwifarms.net
Finally back after realising I was logged out and needed to change my password.

Alex, if I wanted to listen to something that sounds like it's out of a hentai, I'd go fucking watch a hentai. View attachment 682237
That whole "Owo, I'm a schoolgirl with frail arms" bit was so fucking cringy. Watching it hurts. I can't comprehend how is it possible that grown man wrote this shit.

grembloartshow

kiwifarms.net
New video:

The deathnote rip off is so uninspired and lame, that it's actually surprising, even by Alex's standards. Lifenote? really? that's the best parody name you could come up with? The Mulberry art that's in the 'show' and on the poster are so weak and are traces of other Deathnote art. (at least the pose that betrays perspective of the rest of the shot is hers).

the most offensive bit of it is the fact that there is voice acting alongside a really ugly text-crawl. Don't crawl the text, just display it as special subtitles

A Sign

"YOU WANT A SEX-OOOOO?"
kiwifarms.net
Once again Alex steals, uses something from a hentai he watched recently and makes the game more bloated.

Protip: Someone put Alex's update videos elsewhere, so he wont get any ad bux, he does not need more money.

Bunny Tracks

Addicted to a certain kind of sadness
kiwifarms.net
The deathnote rip off is so uninspired and lame, that it's actually surprising, even by Alex's standards. Lifenote? really? that's the best parody name you could come up with? The Mulberry art that's in the 'show' and on the poster are so weak and are traces of other Deathnote art. (at least the pose that betrays perspective of the rest of the shot is hers).

the most offensive bit of it is the fact that there is voice acting alongside a really ugly text-crawl. Don't crawl the text, just display it as special subtitles
For a minute, I thought that Alex had stooped so low that he actually had ripped something word-for-word from the series, because for the longest time I thought that a Life Note was something that actually existed in the Death Note universe. I checked, it's actually something called a Death Eraser and it's not canon.

A Sign

"YOU WANT A SEX-OOOOO?"
kiwifarms.net
Is Mulberry his only artist now? I guess cause she's willing to work for free if she thinks she gets a chance with Alex.

And the mop is broken, just using it will get you sent to the counselor or expelled by saying there's a corpse when there is no body.

And even leaving a guitar on the ground will get you apprehended (when not used as a weapon)

Last edited:

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
Well, there still are single digits to strive for.
Lifenote? really? that's the best parody name you could come up with?
Wait, what does it do? It saves lives or what? I ask, you know, because original Death Note was used to kill people and that's why it was called like that. Well, I've watched it and this is basically just murder hints. So joke is that it should be called "Death note", but instead it is called "Life note"? Jesus, even "Big Busty Boobies" "How to get a boyfriend and don't end up in jail" would be better.

SolarSickle

Now with 20% less edge
kiwifarms.net
Once again Alex steals, uses something from a hentai he watched recently and makes the game more bloated.

Protip: Someone put Alex's update videos elsewhere, so he wont get any ad bux, he does not need more money.
Sorry, but what exactly did he steal from a hentai in this update?

alphalumerio

kiwifarms.net
Holy shit that Life note part was literally just one picture displaying for like 4 minutes of poor dialogue and just text reading no skip button too. Does Alex really think he is a genius at writing when all he does is just rip off ideas and make them edgier
He's too busy thinking about what to plagiarize next.

Reactions: tamago

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino