Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan - Developer of Yandere Simulator with a face only a mother could love

What will happen to Yansim?

• Alex works less and less on his game as he rides out his tugboat

Votes: 368 49.7%
  • Alex drops the game and becomes a fulltime streamer

Votes: 139 18.8%
  • Alex opens up a Kickstarter that will fail because of gremlins (no refunds)

Votes: 174 23.5%
  • Alex adds more useless features asking for more money

Votes: 317 42.8%
  • Alex goes full skitzo drawing crayon comics about his battles with gremlins

Votes: 92 12.4%
  • Alex takes all the criticism to heart and improve his life

Votes: 15 2.0%
  • Alex will troon out becoming Alexia

Votes: 186 25.1%
  • Alex does a flip

Votes: 115 15.5%

• Total voters

Solzhenitsyn

no dig just pet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The height of storytelling is having the main character of Life Note explain what she will be writing, then having the text box tell us all that information again but in the past tense.
Alex never ceases to amaze me with how little he understands "show don't tell". It shouldn't, given the fact that he can't stop himself from spoiling every tiny detail about his game and its autistic lore, but it does.

Reactions: Trombonista

MagneticTowels

Soyga Man Feministic Hunter CuX
kiwifarms.net
The height of storytelling is having the main character of Life Note explain what she will be writing, then having the text box tell us all that information again but in the past tense.
And he says this isn't for little kids

Isis-san

kiwifarms.net
Well that makes me think. Wasnt there something in his Patreon Goals? Oh yes there was:

100 % of this attention on Yandere Simulator. Well sure...I guess making videos about the game will count but its a bit surprising. At first 1,000 $ were enough to keep 100 % of his attention and now he wants to supplement his income with videos when it goes under 3,000 $. And he would even go so far to include backer rewards if the amount goes under 2,000 $.

I am always interested in the financial aspect of these people. I saw that he is still living with his parents, who seem to be quite well off. So I would guess that the lost money is just a loose of status for him. Thats it.
At first I thought he had the typical lifestyle inflation that often comes with a raise in income. But his lifestyle pretty much rules that out. Since he rarely leaves the house and his hobbies are not that expensive, unless he is a fanatic fan. So I wonder where all that money went to. I have to believe that his short term finances are pretty stable for at least more than 1 or 2 years.

But in the long term? Oh my. He cannot rely on his parents all the time. They are both over 60 and now retirement is on the horizon. And that usally means less money and medical problems. For example I wonder if he does adequate retirement financing. I would guess no since hes already to much of a failure. And there are of course other aspects that will screw with him in the long term. He wont be familiar with regular household tasks or cooking since his parents cater to his needs. Thats comfortable now - but really shitty in the future, when you have to do these things alone.

And god forbid the situation where the parents actually have to rely on him. This wont turn out good.

[V A P O R W A V E]

aesthetic
kiwifarms.net
Well that makes me think. Wasnt there something in his Patreon Goals? Oh yes there was:
View attachment 683167

100 % of this attention on Yandere Simulator. Well sure...I guess making videos about the game will count but its a bit surprising. At first 1,000 $ were enough to keep 100 % of his attention and now he wants to supplement his income with videos when it goes under 3,000 $. And he would even go so far to include backer rewards if the amount goes under 2,000 $.

I am always interested in the financial aspect of these people. I saw that he is still living with his parents, who seem to be quite well off. So I would guess that the lost money is just a loose of status for him. Thats it.
At first I thought he had the typical lifestyle inflation that often comes with a raise in income. But his lifestyle pretty much rules that out. Since he rarely leaves the house and his hobbies are not that expensive, unless he is a fanatic fan. So I wonder where all that money went to. I have to believe that his short term finances are pretty stable for at least more than 1 or 2 years.

But in the long term? Oh my. He cannot rely on his parents all the time. They are both over 60 and now retirement is on the horizon. And that usally means less money and medical problems. For example I wonder if he does adequate retirement financing. I would guess no since hes already to much of a failure. And there are of course other aspects that will screw with him in the long term. He wont be familiar with regular household tasks or cooking since his parents cater to his needs. Thats comfortable now - but really shitty in the future, when you have to do these things alone.

And god forbid the situation where the parents actually have to rely on him. This wont turn out good.
Alex stated that he "pays a lot more in taxes." I dont understand what that means. Like...he doesnt have enough "employees" to have to pay for their taxes. He constantly says these people are volunteers and any money they get isnt a payroll but commissioning work. He doesnt own property, I'd be shocked if he bought his own car. I'm assuming he's paying a few hundred to his parents to live there, but nothing about what he says he spends his money on would make him burn through 3k to 5k a month he was making. Like I'd love to see tax forms from him because I've believed for awhile he's just sitting on free money.

Isis-san

kiwifarms.net
Alex stated that he "pays a lot more in taxes." I dont understand what that means. Like...he doesnt have enough "employees" to have to pay for their taxes. He constantly says these people are volunteers and any money they get isnt a payroll but commissioning work. He doesnt own property, I'd be shocked if he bought his own car. I'm assuming he's paying a few hundred to his parents to live there, but nothing about what he says he spends his money on would make him burn through 3k to 5k a month he was making. Like I'd love to see tax forms from him because I've believed for awhile he's just sitting on free money.
I call bullshit on that asap. In most countries - you dont want to be in a position to not pay taxes. Because that would mean that your income is on a level that you can barely substain yourself or that you have to rely on social welfare. He might refer to social insurances like medicaid or social security payments. I can be wrong here but in the US it seems the payments are made partly by the employer and by the employee. But since he is self-employed he has to fit 100 % of the bill himself.

High taxes would mean high income and his income has risen. Its falling now. His tax returns will propably show that. Nothing more. Far more interesting is what he did with the money. Save it? Invest it? Consume it?

Depending on this the effects of a further decling in income will have very different outcomes.

TuTuTuTuTuTu

kiwifarms.net
Either way, the money he makes on YanSim isn't nearly enough to carry himself into retirement. 3-5k/month + YouTube sounds cool until you realize he doesn't have healthcare or benefits and his salary is constantly falling.

Reactions: HaldolJunkie

Onion Boi

I bit the onion.
kiwifarms.net
So, instead of having Info-chan telling you what to do step-by-step, you get to read the same information in a 5 minute long shitty "anime"?
Maybe if the anime was more subtle about these more creative methods of murder, it'd probably be an OK addition to the game, but it's still just a step-by-step process bogged down by awful writing.
I actually think the info-chan method is better, just on the basis that it's not a hassle to deal with.

ono

total fuckwit
kiwifarms.net
Finally back after realising I was logged out and needed to change my password.

Alex, if I wanted to listen to something that sounds like it's out of a hentai, I'd go fucking watch a hentai. View attachment 682237
It mainly sounds like that because Michaela Laws has a power fantasy for voicing femme fatales despite being a fat fuck.
This is the character Laws voices herself in two of the games she made. Doesn't surprise me that she can't do a fully innocent voice without awkwardly slipping into demon thot voice.
Either that or Alex requested it to sound that way because it's just another part of his weird high school murder fetish game that everyone is supposed to take both srsly and not, akin to Schrodinger's cat.

LibertyPrime

Fake internet lawyer
kiwifarms.net
He's going to use the life note to electrocute all the gremlins it's just foreshadowing, if only he could learn to code

All of his patreon money is going to buying more inbox space because of the onslaughts of emails he gets ... if only he didn't have to read every single one if only he could devote 100% like he said! ;_;

Last edited:

SolarSickle

Now with 20% less edge
kiwifarms.net
It mainly sounds like that because Michaela Laws has a power fantasy for voicing femme fatales despite being a fat fuck.
View attachment 683988
View attachment 683986
This is the character Laws voices herself in two of the games she made. Doesn't surprise me that she can't do a fully innocent voice without awkwardly slipping into demon thot voice.
Either that or Alex requested it to sound that way because it's just another part of his weird high school murder fetish game that everyone is supposed to take both srsly and not, akin to Schrodinger's cat.
I looked it up, she really did create a game called "Seduce Me" which is basically a reverse dating sim. Nothing you said is wrong, but let's be fair and give credit where it is due.

Seduce Me is a finished game
Seduce Me is currently available on Steam
Seduce Me is free (you only pay if you want the CDs of the in-game music, which is reasonable)
Seduce Me was developed, written and voice acted (partially) by the same person
Seduce Me properly credits everyone who worked on it
Seduce Me has a 9/10 rating on Steam
Can Alex say any of that about his ga-... sandbo-... dem-... V-slice? No he can't. That's the bitter irony here: his primary voice actress (who does it for free when the project is clearly for-profit) is a more competent game developer than he is.

DungeonMaster

kiwifarms.net
because it's just another part of his weird high school murder fetish game that everyone is supposed to take both srsly and not, akin to Schrodinger's cat.
Because anime tends to have sudden whiplashes in tone and a very tenuous grasp on how human emotions work, western writers can hide behind anime inspiration as way to make their stories tonally inconsistent - if critics say it's illogical and unbelievable, they can tell them it's not meant to be taken seriously, and at all other circumstances, when their fans are praising them, they expect their work to be taken seriously, while being simultaneously juvenile and sexually explicit the other 75% of the time. "It's like anime, so I shouldn't even bother establishinh a consistent tone!"

OhNoez_account

kiwifarms.net

(https://my.mixtape.moe/idyexf.png - link for records)

So super random change of topic, but I actually got into a conversation with Alex a few weeks ago on Reddit. You can read the whole thing if you want, but besides the part I highlighted, it's pretty boring. The reason I'm posting this is that I find it rather shocking that Alex admitted he didn't like how young his audience is and wanted to change it; especially considering I'm not only a total stranger, but also someone he banned for being a gosh darn gremlin!

Really though, I was actually surprised. I always assumed Alex secretly liked how young his audience is considering they're the only ones donating their sweet, sweet :gold:

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
Really though, I was actually surprised. I always assumed Alex secretly liked how young his audience is considering they're the only ones donating their sweet, sweet :gold:
Adults have more money and Alex's Patreon is on decline. The problem is that adults is not that easy to trick with a video about "those fucking gremlins", even if they play this buggy mess in the first place.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino