Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan - Developer of Yandere Simulator with a face only a mother could love

What will happen to Yansim?

• Alex works less and less on his game as he rides out his tugboat

Votes: 389 48.7%
  • Alex drops the game and becomes a fulltime streamer

Votes: 149 18.6%
  • Alex opens up a Kickstarter that will fail because of gremlins (no refunds)

Votes: 187 23.4%
  • Alex adds more useless features asking for more money

Votes: 347 43.4%
  • Alex goes full skitzo drawing crayon comics about his battles with gremlins

Votes: 98 12.3%
  • Alex takes all the criticism to heart and improve his life

Votes: 17 2.1%
  • Alex will troon out becoming Alexia

Votes: 209 26.2%
  • Alex does a flip

Votes: 120 15.0%

• Total voters

Kaabi

Poyo
kiwifarms.net
So i got into a bit of a squabble with a Alex fan via discord. This guy was pretty dense because he feels Yandere Simulator will be finished one day and adults like him will get to play this wonderful game, he mentioned he was an adult. Here are some quotes i picked out from him, he was obviously getting heated as i went on talking about Alex's antics. Gave him facts and everything he thinks it's just fake to make poor Alex look bad.

I think you're being too hard on the guy. I don't think he's an idiot, just busy. Besides, he's passionate about his game and wants it to be successful. lol you can't believe everything you hear. Especially the negative stuff.

After showing the stolen grass texture image

Hmmm well I like him. He's a hardworking trying to piece together a game that he wants to be successful and doing it with some needed help. That to me shows that he is determined to put his game out there and get it released for people to enjoy.

Mentioned how Alex streams 5+ hours on Twitch

Yes... because the work is done BY ONE GUY... he's not just sitting on his butt everyday and doing nothing. He's working on his game.

Mentioned Patreon

He has daily expenses you know. Plus making a game isn't cheap
He finally ends the conversation with this

"That's fine, it's your opinion after all. Free country and all that.

Just don't believe everything you read. Some of them might be people just looking to shmer the guy just because they don't like him. I hate people like that. I hate the internet bullies who want to forge proof just to hate on someone."

Mindless fans like this are too far deep in the rabbit hole. He feels that the game will come out and he wanted me to drop the discussion because he's a hardcore Yandere Simulator fan.

C@rrotCake

kiwifarms.net
Im sure it's been said a million times but i feel that it should be said again this game is going to die in "development" if you can even call it that

Even if it is released it'll see very little profit as the demographic for this game are kids with no money so he'd have to release it for free ( which he won't.) It's sad honestly as the game could've been great much like DDLC it could've subverted the anime high school love story trope and turned it on it's head but Alex isn't smart,creative, or driven enough to see this through

I think that's why he resents DDLC so much because it's what his game could have been but he dragged his feet and Dan Salvato beat him to the punch Alex should just admit defeat and get a day job as being a dev just isnt his calling

Crosswalk

Look Both Ways
kiwifarms.net
I think that's why he resents DDLC so much because it's what his game could have been but he dragged his feet and Dan Salvato beat him to the punch
Bingo. DDLC is a much simpler game but that narrow scope created a more focused and complete product. Now Salvato is raking in the attention and merch sales while Alex struggles to maintain a steady Patreon income.

grembloartshow

kiwifarms.net
The little robot voiced character who did a couple of videos about YanSim's code posted another video, trying out a few things to increase performance

I think this one and their previous videos are pretty good at explaining how spaghetti Alex's code actually is to someone who isn't very familiar with programming so that they can get how bad it is instead of looking at a couple of messy lines of code or hearing about it how bad it is and just kind of accepting that it's bad.

They also added this fun little picture in the description that illustrates this. It's an image that details all possibilities in the Update function of the student script. That is everything that gets run every frame for every student. Alex denies all of it gets run every frame for every student as if checking if it's time to do something else doesn't require computing power or something. or that the amount of things being checked for isn't already excessive for each student since each student has the code for every other student.

But remember guys he couldn't be a bad programmer that is betraying fundamental rules of making his game easy to understand and take care of because:

Alex said:
A bad programmer cannot make a combat minigame. A bad programmer cannot make a dialogue system. A bad programmer cannot make a shoot-em-up minigame. A bad programmer cannot create an inventory system. A bad programmer cannot create a rhythm minigame. You can't slip and fall on your keyboard and accidentally implement features like these. It requires competency. If I was a bad programmer, I never would have been able to implement any of the features that exist in Yandere Simulator. The claim that I'm a bad programmer falls apart pretty quickly.
This quote isn't even on his debunk page anymore because he knows how stupid it is.

Attachments

RosesAreRed

kiwifarms.net
New bug-fix build's out, along with a hilarious explanation on why teachers can go throught metal detectors without setting them off when carrying weapons:

ducktales4gameboy

git branch -d giant_boobs
kiwifarms.net
It’s amusing hearing someone unaware of the panty shot bullshit discover it from code analysis. If I ever disassemble the game again I want to run cyclometric complexity analysis on studentscript to put a number to just how bad it is.

They also added this fun little picture in the description that illustrates this. It's an image that details all possibilities in the Update function of the student script. That is everything that gets run every frame for every student. Alex denies all of it gets run every frame for every student as if checking if it's time to do something else doesn't require computing power or something. or that the amount of things being checked for isn't already excessive for each student since each student has the code for every other student.
There’s a little nuance to point out here about Update, too: it doesn’t operate on a fixed timestep.

When a fixed timestep game lags everything stalls until processing completes for the frame. If a frame takes too long to process you wind up with slowdown, and if a frame takes finishes before it’s time to render it will just wait and burn cpu until it’s time to go again (this is the reason why lots of old games like UT99 will max out a cpu core no matter what kind of computer they’re run on).

Unity and modern engines address this by letting you check how much time has elapsed since the last update so you can update state proportionate to the time elapsed. This results in lag manifesting as dropped frames rather than slowdown, but it introduces an interesting newbie trap: a lot of people like yandev will treat this function as if it was a fixed timestep update and throw logic into it that really shouldn’t scale with framerate like the pathing recalculation checks. If the framerate increases, these checks are going to be run more often, create additional work and bring the framerate right back down again. When framerate drops, these can be called so erratically they can be abused to break game logic (iirc one of the Souls games’ PC ports is notorious for this).

As usual the solution is simple since unity provides FixedUpdate to allow you to run particular bits on a fixed timestep, but that would require refactoring and this is yansim.

foobar2000

kiwifarms.net
New bug-fix build's out, along with a hilarious explanation on why teachers can go throught metal detectors without setting them off when carrying weapons:

Let's see.
At the beginning of this month, I decided what feature I wanted to work on next, and estimated that I could complete the feature by March 15th. I made a lot of progress, but in the end, March 15th simply wasn’t a realistic goal; it wasn’t enough time for volunteers to prepare the necessary assets and animations. Although I really wanted to be able to show off an exciting new feature for you today, it simply isn’t ready yet. I’m sorry!
Understandable, he did some progress since the start of the year, it had to slow down somewhere, just has to not promise another date for the next update to start right away with being sorry.

There are still a few “This has been bothering me for a really long time” problems that I want to fix, and a few “I’ve been planning this for several years but I simply never got around to it” features that I want to put into the game. You probably won’t see the next big, exciting feature until around the beginning of April, but it’s entirely possible that you’ll see another “bug fixes and miscellaneous improvements” build before then.
Nevermind, may Kuudere or anything dere simulator that comes out for the first April makes it up for it.

hash-brown

kiwifarms.net
I haven't kept up to date for a while, I come back and see that now even the metal detectors have lore, 10/10.
Dang.
No matter how many times he says sandbox, debug, v-slice, etc. he thinks that the game's near completion, with all the lore he's been throwing around.

Back when I was at the stage of 'beginning to doubt Alex' I actually thought that he would make a good lore artist or whatever.
But after thinking about the lores he actually created, I take that back.

irishAzoth

kiwifarms.net
Teachers can walk through metal detectors while holding metal objects without facing any sort of consequence! This is technically a “bug”, since it’s illogical…but, if teachers weren’t allowed to pass through metal detectors while holding metal objects, then there would be situations where teachers are trapped and can’t reach their destination. So, it would be preferable to create an in-game explanation for why they can pass through metal detectors. Here’s what I’ve come up with:

Every faculty member is carrying an ID card. The metal detectors are able to detect these ID cards, which means that the metal detectors are aware if a faculty member is passing through them. Faculty members are authorized to carry metal objects, so metal detectors won’t trigger an alarm when they detect a faculty members are passing through.

There! Bug resolved! However, “trust me, they are carrying magical ID cards!” is kind of a lame explanation, unless it is supported by something inside of the game. I bet you’d be more willing to accept this explanation if it was possible for Yandere-chan to steal an ID card and use it to get through metal detectors without being caught…so, I plan to add this feature to the game in the near future!
Good god!! His resolution to fix this bug is to include bullshit story to it. Not only that make an item in the game that can make the user render the metal detector useless LMAO
Very realistic game you are making there Alex, breaking the laws of science. Its funny because a teacher going through a metal detector and the detector going off is fine. Its suppose to do that. But Alex has too many if else spaghetti statements where the teacher going through the metal detector going off would probably fuck up the logic of the student class or something

Russtard

I have the right to fuck 9's and 10's
kiwifarms.net
Nice job Alex, why don’t you invent another bullshit story to cover up every bug instead of fixing them.

“Actually, the 3 FPS frame rate isn’t a bug, time in Yandere-chan’s universe actually moves more slowly than in our world, which is how...”

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
I bet you’d be more willing to accept this explanation if it was possible for Yandere-chan to steal an ID card and use it to get through metal detectors without being caught…so, I plan to add this feature to the game in the near future!
Yeah, Alex, teachers are allowed to bring all sorts of metal stuff to school, like knives and swords, why not, just add some feature, that possibly guaranteed, 'cause it's Alex, is going to create more bugs, instead of taking a deep dive into spaghetti ocean.

Nice job Alex, why don’t you invent another bullshit story to cover up every bug instead of fixing them.

“Actually, the 3 FPS frame rate isn’t a bug, time in Yandere-chan’s universe actually moves more slowly than in our world, which is how...”
I bet, you'd more willing to accept this, if he would add Timelord-chan into his game.

YourMommasBackstory

it's gay
kiwifarms.net
Good god!! His resolution to fix this bug is to include bullshit story to it. Not only that make an item in the game that can make the user render the metal detector useless LMAO
Very realistic game you are making there Alex, breaking the laws of science. Its funny because a teacher going through a metal detector and the detector going off is fine. Its suppose to do that. But Alex has too many if else spaghetti statements where the teacher going through the metal detector going off would probably fuck up the logic of the student class or something
The thing is, most of the weapons you can get only in school, after going through detectors. Other weapons that are outside are belongs to garden and sport club. So it would be more easy to make teachers to carry "outside" weapons to clubs and "inside" - to teachers room. And there would be no need to came up with ID cards and other lore noone cares about.

Yaito-Chan

Let's face it, you'll never be as rich as me.
kiwifarms.net
Has Alex ever mentioned those computer voice videos? I think it's interesting to see someone without any context of the creator or the game slog through the code and try make improvements. Of course I like how they talk about how classes work and how ai is programmed.

So it would be more easy to make teachers to carry "outside" weapons to clubs and "inside" - to teachers room
That sounds like a lot of work though.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino