Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan - Developer of Osana from 2014 till the sun fucking explodes

What will happen to Yansim?

• Alex works less and less on his game as he rides out his tugboat

Votes: 504 46.5%
  • Alex drops the game and becomes a fulltime streamer

Votes: 178 16.4%
  • Alex opens up a Kickstarter that will fail because of gremlins (no refunds)

Votes: 240 22.1%
  • Alex adds more useless features asking for more money

Votes: 457 42.2%
  • Alex goes full skitzo drawing crayon comics about his battles with gremlins

Votes: 127 11.7%
  • Alex takes all the criticism to heart and improve his life

Votes: 25 2.3%
  • Alex will troon out becoming Alexia

Votes: 297 27.4%
  • Alex does a flip

Votes: 184 17.0%

• Total voters

C@rrotCake

kiwifarms.net
Alex is an artist's worst nightmare dear lord

I always found it rather irritating he has a full list of like 30 different expectations to make your work is "good enough"

And what does he offer in return for his numerous demands?

FUCK ALL you don't get shit for helping him not even exposure he's bad at crediting anyone that isn't Mullberry so you don't even get exposure

And nobody would ever put ANYTHING he asks of them in their portfolio if they wanna get hired.

Last edited by a moderator:

vertexwindi

Diddy in space, even though he's not
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Eh, it's not a bad intro. It's clearly framed, short and to the point and there's no shit dialogue. If only the gratuitous amount of gore didn't make it so cheesy.

Reactions: Bunny Gremlin

ducktales4gameboy

git branch -d giant_boobs
kiwifarms.net
That mech model being justified by ‘it doesn’t need a walking animation’ isn’t going to offset the fact that it’d be huge comparative to other students and completely fuck up the pathfinding.

It’s also amusing to me that there’s a bipedal Robocop-type mech (can’t remember the name of the mech itself) in the giant pack of assets that unity provides to people to use completely free that comes with a complete set of animations and is roughly the proportions of a fat 6’ human. Retexturing or light retopologizing of that would take maybe an hour tops.

LiquidKid

If Lions Like It, You Know It’s Bad.
kiwifarms.net

I always found it rather irritating he has a full list of like 30 different expectations to make your work is "good enough"

FUCK ALL you don't get shit for helping him not even exposure he's bad at crediting anyone that isn't Mullberry so you don't even get exposure

And nobody would ever put ANYTHING he asks of them in their portfolio if they wanna get hired.
Speaking of artists worst nightmare, has he paid anyone who did the art for the merch? Shirts, body pillow, I think he has a poster etc. or did he just take their art to profit off it without any compensation or credit?

Erica

resident shitlord
kiwifarms.net

Actually, he doesn’t even want you putting the work you’ve done in a portfolio unless it’s shown up in a released build.

Now, this is extremely standard for paid projects, and it’s not exactly unusual for someone heading a free project to make this request as well. But it doesn’t make it any less shitty; there’s no timeline on how long he’s going to take to get your content in the game, so you’re not even getting “exposure” really. But there’s also nothing stopping you from releasing the content anyway. He doesn’t want to do contacts or NDAs.

I sort of liked the intro cutscene better prior to these animations. I don’t think he’s that bad at graphic design to be honest, and that the motion graphics intro was more effective. Adding in Senpai and some other things, but primarily keeping it motion graphics, would have made for a stronger intro in my opinion... but it’s not the worst thing ever, I suppose.

• Informative
Reactions: Trombonista

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino