Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan - Developer of Osana from 2014 till the sun fucking explodes

What will happen to Yansim?

• Alex works less and less on his game as he rides out his tugboat

Votes: 532 46.7%
  • Alex drops the game and becomes a fulltime streamer

Votes: 185 16.3%
  • Alex opens up a Kickstarter that will fail because of gremlins (no refunds)

Votes: 250 22.0%
  • Alex adds more useless features asking for more money

Votes: 480 42.2%
  • Alex goes full skitzo drawing crayon comics about his battles with gremlins

Votes: 130 11.4%
  • Alex takes all the criticism to heart and improve his life

Votes: 25 2.2%
  • Alex will troon out becoming Alexia

Votes: 308 27.1%
  • Alex does a flip

Votes: 193 17.0%

• Total voters

C@rrotCake

kiwifarms.net
While his Patreon has been on a steady decline

His Twitter and Youtube have been growing consistently although it looks like its reaching a point of stagnation

He's slowly but surely losing subscribers monthly and his viewership is on the decline as well which is unsurprising seeing as how every YouTube video he uploads is either nothing new or a 10 minute long excuse as to why he's missed ANOTHER deadline.

Its at the point now where his audience is starting to grow up and mature this game was a flash in the pan and now they're past it I bet most of YandereDev's subscribers forgot they were subscribed or keep forgetting to unsubscribe

• Agree
Reactions: OhNoez_account

A Sign

Fart-face shitlord
kiwifarms.net
Its at the point now where his audience is starting to grow up and mature this game was a flash in the pan and now they're past it I bet most of YandereDev's subscribers forgot they were subscribed or keep forgetting to unsubscribe
That or he buys subs and twitter follows since he never spends money on the game. Soon he'll have nothing cause he won't be able to buy the follows anymore

Persona

Stand before the council of the ancients
kiwifarms.net
Alex is one of the most incompetent people in the industry. He's so damn self absorbed that he blew up the one deal that could've saved his game from it's self imposed development hell. Then there's the fact that he'd rather spend time adding meme crap that his audience is ageing out of and peddling body pillows that will probably never turn a profit.

And to think I used to believe that this game had a chance. It's just as broken today as it was 4 years ago.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As his paypigs abandon him, is Alex even sentient enough to realise what a fuckup he was to sabotage the Tinybuild deal. With that programmer the roadmap might have been a lot easier to follow.
Probably not given he never has had to be responsible for anything before given he still lives with his parents. He's probably even now justifying excuses for why he is not a lazy faggot who can't code.

Keavy Rain

kiwifarms.net
He's so damn self absorbed that he blew up the one deal that could've saved his game from it's self imposed development hell.
I have zero inside information but I will bet real money that if we get emails/chat logs between Alex and the TinyBuild people it'll be TB's programmer being polite but firm in how poor the code is and how bad Alex's work ethic is while Alex whines about how it's his game and his vision and the programmer isn't wiling to listen to which the programmer replies something along the lines of "He's not allowing me to fix the game and keeps making demands that we can't fulfill in his timeframe."

I can't recall where I learned this but the South Park guys talked about working with THQ on Stick of Truth and mentioning they wanted a Skyrim scope game and THQ was like "Uhh, you don't have the budget and we don't have the team for a game that big." It's always best to listen to the people who will be doing the work when they tell you they need more money and more people to do what you want.

Keep in mind this is the same THQ that created the clusterfuck that was Homefront, a game many people believed would never be made because the original scope was so massive that the programmers honestly believed they would die of old age before the coding was finished.

Cast Away

I shall sing a lost requiem
kiwifarms.net
I have zero inside information but I will bet real money that if we get emails/chat logs between Alex and the TinyBuild people it'll be TB's programmer being polite but firm in how poor the code is and how bad Alex's work ethic is while Alex whines about how it's his game and his vision and the programmer isn't wiling to listen to which the programmer replies something along the lines of "He's not allowing me to fix the game and keeps making demands that we can't fulfill in his timeframe."

I can't recall where I learned this but the South Park guys talked about working with THQ on Stick of Truth and mentioning they wanted a Skyrim scope game and THQ was like "Uhh, you don't have the budget and we don't have the team for a game that big." It's always best to listen to the people who will be doing the work when they tell you they need more money and more people to do what you want.

Keep in mind this is the same THQ that created the clusterfuck that was Homefront, a game many people believed would never be made because the original scope was so massive that the programmers honestly believed they would die of old age before the coding was finished.
Considering his already existing chatlogs with Mike Z, I wouldn't be surprised.

José Mourinho

The Special One
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Once again Alex blames his fanbase for his shitty coding.
Ah yes, go the way of low quality Steam indie developers (who later got their games removed on Steam for low quality) by responding to those that criticise the game for having low performance issues by criticising their PCs no matter how great they are.

C@rrotCake

kiwifarms.net
Once again Alex blames his fanbase for his shitty coding.
"You need to get a job"
That's fucking rich coming from him

That's right kids his Easter egg meme game is for Adults with high end PCs only

(Even though in those youtube videos he's referencing the fps is all over the place going from 60 to 43 because I walked to a different bench)

Yknow Alex the whole gimmick of an indie game is that it's easily accessible and easy on low end machines

You elitist troglodyte

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino