Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan - Developer of Osana from 2014 till the sun fucking explodes

What will happen to Yansim?

• Alex works less and less on his game as he rides out his tugboat

Votes: 516 46.7%
  • Alex drops the game and becomes a fulltime streamer

Votes: 179 16.2%
  • Alex opens up a Kickstarter that will fail because of gremlins (no refunds)

Votes: 244 22.1%
  • Alex adds more useless features asking for more money

Votes: 465 42.0%
  • Alex goes full skitzo drawing crayon comics about his battles with gremlins

Votes: 128 11.6%
  • Alex takes all the criticism to heart and improve his life

Votes: 25 2.3%
  • Alex will troon out becoming Alexia

Votes: 300 27.1%
  • Alex does a flip

Votes: 189 17.1%

• Total voters
I cannot stop laughing at that torso story. holy god imagining any part of that is funny. as much as I want this to be Alex tho I'm somewhat skeptical. it's totally possible, and the zip code is a great find, would just like something more.
How many people who love Zero Suit Samus, like NGE and call a pink-haired anime girl "Mai Waifu" can exist on a single planet?
among a population of people with no life experience outside of the small pool of media they consume, and the same forums they read, probably a lot tbh. seriously afflicted weebs have no personality of their own. both metroid and evangelion are very mainstream so what he says about them would have to be pretty specific to be convincing imo.

if it is him then this is either an astonishing needle in the haystack pull or you work at the NSA lol

I'mFedupWithThisWorld

Done With All this Liberal Bullshit
kiwifarms.net
I can't find it, but someone on /cow/ mentioned a screenshot of some YanSim code floating around that was full of else if statements. Would explain why the game runs like shit.
And why I cannot get the framerate higher than 21 fps.

Honestly the only reason I played the game was to make hilarious poses and add text to it. I just liked fucking around and killing people in bizarre creative ways but he keeps adding new features that make it exceedingly difficult to enjoy doing that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cast Away

I shall sing a lost requiem
kiwifarms.net
among a population of people with no life experience outside of the small pool of media they consume, and the same forums they read, probably a lot tbh. seriously afflicted weebs have no personality of their own. both metroid and evangelion are very mainstream so what he says about them would have to be pretty specific to be convincing imo.

if it is him then this is either an astonishing needle in the haystack pull or you work at the NSA lol
Metroid is mainstream yes, but Alex's obsession with Zero Suit Samus is on another level. In fact, this gave me an idea. Since we dug up the sex doll forum Alex is active on, what other mediums is this manchild also on? Perhaps a "Zero Suit Samus is my Waifu" forum?

Funny_Name69

We’ve got the stains to prove it!
kiwifarms.net
New blog post

He took a vacation from playing video games to play more video games.

Yup...

Floop

Accidental Spy Kids reference, but with blud eyes.
kiwifarms.net
New blog post
Osana is ALMOST done, but I’m gonna play this new vidya game for 4 days instead.

The Reaper

Dreaming of Candy Corn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Quote of the blog:
Evaxephon said:
I feel guilty taking a vacation at a point in time when Osana is at the brink of completion and everyone’s already been waiting so long for her…but I can’t help it; Code Vein’s release is as important to me as a religious event. In case you’re curious about the status of Osana/Raibaru stuff, I’ll give you some details:
And the fixes for this patch:
Evaxephon said:
  • If you are playing the game with a controller, the controller will now rumble in certain situations! (Currently, the controller will only rumble during attack animations, when you alarm a student, when the counselor slams her desk, during the game over sequence, and during a few key moments in the intro animation. It’ll probably be added to other situations in the future.)
  • The player now has the option of going into the Settings menu and enabling “Toggle” for running. This means that in order to run, you only have to tap the Shift key once, instead of permanently holding down the Shift key. (To stop running, just tap the Shift key again.)
  • Changed the nature of the cello case so that it can no longer be used for weird exploits (like blocking students’ paths, or climbing on top of it). As a result, it is possible to clip into the cello case, but this is necessary to fix exploits.
  • Added a new feature to the mech easter egg. Press the “X” button (or “F” key) to power up the mech’s weapons. This will cause your attacks to destroy parts of the environment.
  • Fixed bug that would cause a teacher to slide across the ground if they were alerted by an alarming noise while returning a dropped item to its original location.
  • Fixed bug that would cause Geiju’s subtitles to be incorrect if you spoke to him in his clubroom after he had seen you commit murder on a previous day.
  • Fixed bug that caused the player to slide backwards when attempting to ask a delinquent or student council member to remove a box cutter from a box.
  • Phone addicts will no longer use their smartphones while walking through the girls’ locker room wearing a towel.
  • Fixed bug that caused the gymnasium’s doors to push the player when opening/closing.
  • Adjusted bathroom stalls that were clipping into walls in the girls’ locker room.
  • Fixed bug that would sometimes prevent the Miyuki easter egg from triggering.
  • Yandere-chan’s ears will no longer become dark when she loses her sanity.
  • Added collision to some objects that previously lacked collision.
  • Adjusted the texture for Yandere-chan’s “lost sanity” eyes.
  • Fixed some typos.
The best three to me are the first ones:
- He designed the controls with a controller in mind, and just now has added rumble feature?
- Toggle run is to me something that just seems common place in games these days, so I don't see why it wasn't already a feature. This and the lack of toggle crouching with control are two of my biggest pet peeves. Give me the ability to hit one button and be done with it.
- I like how he admits he fixed a bug by implementing a bug. Rather than solving the issue he took the easiest way out. I wonder if it's going to be possible for the player to hide in the case now?

ExuseMePrincess

kiwifarms.net
Osana is ALMOST done, but I’m gonna play this new vidya game for 4 days instead.
After this long wait I dont think he cares if he takes breaks because his fans are just like " Oh of course you need to rest ou deser vit and so on" I mean I aggree to some point that Yes your health is important but DUUDE how many years this game has been on making and still not done after all the helpers and so on like It amaizes me how this man can throw his time to a well and be like " well i worked hard on this month" and game still dont have osana. So sure man have couple days of from making the game your helpers are making the game for you anyways.

- He designed the controls with a controller in mind, and just now has added rumble feature?
- I like how he admits he fixed a bug by implementing a bug. Rather than solving the issue he took the easiest way out. I wonder if it's going to be possible for the player to hide in the case
maybe he just didint know how t o code the rumble effect and now someone did that for him or he finally learned how to do it

the bug fixing isnt his pursuit so just fixing the bug with bug he is just again shooting himself on a leg and hoppefully coming up a way to fix the issue later but nice that he is noticing that he messed up.

Cast Away

I shall sing a lost requiem
kiwifarms.net
Surely tonigh is the night for osana
Right?
I'm more and more convinced she is done and being delayed for one or both of the following reasons

1. Thanks to his awful programming skills, Osana is a completely boring fucking rival. Her routine is scripted like you'd expect of an animatronic on a theme park ride instead of a "organic" rival that YanDev envisioned. That's why he needs to literally implement an unkillable obstacle.

2. Them Patron shekels man. He already hinted that once he releases Osana, he'll be opening up the Kickstarter, and when that fails he'll be taking off. He's going to tard cum this to the very end.

Man vs persistent rat

A good egg is a nice person
kiwifarms.net
I hadn't considered that issue - is the AI required to react to things beyond "my patrol was interrupted by [x variable] I shall respond with [y variable]" just beyond his capabilities (even to farm out to somebody)? That would be insane to have been hiding all this time knowing it will eventually be exposed. I thought the game would just be badly designed and optimised, not a literal fraud that prevented the release of Osana in order to not reveal. I assumed he was hiding revealing that the game's mechanics were conceptually flawed, rather than impossible to realise even badly.

Catgirls are Love

Make Catgirls Purr Again
kiwifarms.net
I hadn't considered that issue - is the AI required to react to things beyond "my patrol was interrupted by [x variable] I shall respond with [y variable]" just beyond his capabilities (even to farm out to somebody)? That would be insane to have been hiding all this time knowing it will eventually be exposed. I thought the game would just be badly designed and optimised, not a literal fraud that prevented the release of Osana in order to not reveal. I assumed he was hiding revealing that the game's mechanics were conceptually flawed, rather than impossible to realise even badly.
Not really; that's pretty much been implemented. I haven't done any more experimenting with the game recently, but I assume generally the AI still boils down to roughly on par with the AI of a game like PacMan. Follow a predetermined patrol unless a body is found or the player is seen misbehaving, at which point either flee to a location (teacher/school exit) or charge the player. I'm pretty sure a complete beginner to Unity could knock out something like that in less than a week.

It's far more likely that eliminating Osana is completely boring and unfun, thus the addition of the bodyguard. With an obstacle that you either cannot remove or escape, you're probably forced to wait around for minutes to find the one moment where you can slip a knife in her ribs without the bodyguard immediately kicking your face in since Osana is almost certainly as predetermined in her routine as every other NPC. More of a "flawed game design" thing than a lack of programming ability, though the latter probably isn't helping.

Plus, money. @Cast Away probably is right on both points. In theory, the more hype he serves up, the higher his earnings on Patreon and the potential Kickstarter, even though it's long past the point to stop hyping up his product and get some actual work done.

French Pepe

Se sent mauvais homme
kiwifarms.net
I'm more and more convinced she is done and being delayed for one or both of the following reasons

1. Thanks to his awful programming skills, Osana is a completely boring fucking rival. Her routine is scripted like you'd expect of an animatronic on a theme park ride instead of a "organic" rival that YanDev envisioned. That's why he needs to literally implement an unkillable obstacle.

2. Them Patron shekels man. He already hinted that once he releases Osana, he'll be opening up the Kickstarter, and when that fails he'll be taking off. He's going to tard cum this to the very end.
It's definitely for the shekels. He's been withholding Osana and other main elements of the game for ages. He's gonna keep stalling the completion of the game to keep the money and free help rolling in or until the fans and collaborators get sick of him and stop helping/donating altogether.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino