Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan - Developer of Osana from 2014 till the sun fucking explodes

What will happen to Yansim?

• Alex works less and less on his game as he rides out his tugboat

Votes: 516 46.7%
  • Alex drops the game and becomes a fulltime streamer

Votes: 179 16.2%
  • Alex opens up a Kickstarter that will fail because of gremlins (no refunds)

Votes: 244 22.1%
  • Alex adds more useless features asking for more money

Votes: 465 42.0%
  • Alex goes full skitzo drawing crayon comics about his battles with gremlins

Votes: 128 11.6%
  • Alex takes all the criticism to heart and improve his life

Votes: 25 2.3%
  • Alex will troon out becoming Alexia

Votes: 300 27.1%
  • Alex does a flip

Votes: 189 17.1%

• Total voters

ducktales4gameboy

git branch -d giant_boobs
kiwifarms.net
I hadn't considered that issue - is the AI required to react to things beyond "my patrol was interrupted by [x variable] I shall respond with [y variable]" just beyond his capabilities (even to farm out to somebody)? That would be insane to have been hiding all this time knowing it will eventually be exposed. I thought the game would just be badly designed and optimised, not a literal fraud that prevented the release of Osana in order to not reveal. I assumed he was hiding revealing that the game's mechanics were conceptually flawed, rather than impossible to realise even badly.
This has been brought up before but it bears repeating: one of the reasons why progress has slowed to a halt is that he has absolutely no idea how any of the basic concepts of object-oriented programming work. This includes inheritance. Student and Player don't share any common code and I'm fairly sure that Osana is going to be yet another copypasted copy of Student. Not only is every student-related bugfix going to have to be applied to each of those separately, it also means every behavior shared between the three needs a completely separate implementation since they don't share code or use any of the language's handful of mechanisms that exist explicitly so you don't have to do this.

Now imagine this bullshit scaling up to whatever his target number of rivals is.

Crosswalk

Look Both Ways
kiwifarms.net
not to repeat everyone else but, after like 5+ years at some point you have to actually learn how to code. Right?
He's his own boss and the only "performance review" he gets is from his patrons, who likely know even less about coding than he does. They don't know about optimization or scope creep, and as long as they're convinced he's making progress, they'll keep donating to him.

littlearmalite

Neck yourself, faggot.
kiwifarms.net
He's his own boss and the only "performance review" he gets is from his patrons, who likely know even less about coding than he does. They don't know about optimization or scope creep, and as long as they're convinced he's making progress, they'll keep donating to him.
Shooting myself in the foot here, it's also an anime-style game, and the fans of that type of work are *very* easy to please. He could put out one update a month that changes almost nothing, and he'd still be lauded as the second coming.

Floop

Accidental Spy Kids reference, but with blud eyes.
kiwifarms.net
Shooting myself in the foot here, it's also an anime-style game, and the fans of that type of work are *very* easy to please. He could put out one update a month that changes almost nothing, and he'd still be lauded as the second coming.
More evidence that anime is for fucking stupid gay babies. Don’t @ me.

Mr._Blonde

Weed dealer for the Vatican
kiwifarms.net
What in the ninth circle of fuck? Left this thread because it was boring. Lo and fucking behold, this shitstain is still at it? What else have I been missing.

Catgirls are Love

Make Catgirls Purr Again
kiwifarms.net
What in the ninth circle of fuck? Left this thread because it was boring. Lo and fucking behold, this shitstain is still at it? What else have I been missing.
TL;DR - Nothing.

Pretty much nothing has happened. Nothing will keep happening for some time until EvaXephon follows through eventually (maybe?) on his threat of a Kickstarter. Then that will likely fail miserably and the game will keep not being developed.

The Telomerase Truth

That person with those long, sexy telomeres
kiwifarms.net
not to repeat everyone else but, after like 5+ years at some point you have to actually learn how to code. Right?
Many people here have said what problems this games has. There is only one real problem Yandere Simulator has, though: YandereDev himself. All the other problems aren't real problems.

If you have an idea for a good game but you can't code, you can learn how. If you can't learn, you can get other people to do it. Can't draw? You can get artists. Can't voice act? You can get voice actors. Don't have money? Get volunteers or start a Kickstarter or something.

Yandere Simulator had enough hype that he could have gotten help for everything. He even managed to get TinyBuild's help, but he blew it because he didn't like the way someone was coding his game. He couldn't understand the coding and he wasn't willing to learn.

Since all games have phases where they're awful and full of glitches, etc.., Yandere Simulator's problems aren't a big deal. Good games, however, are not stuck with control freaks who can't fucking learn or accept advise or help or admit when they're wrong. YandereDev is hopeless as a game creator.

A Sign

Fart-face shitlord
kiwifarms.net
I'm in the same boat as a few here, left cause it got boring but then I find out someone digs up that Eva has in fact bought a love doll long before some of us speculated? So it just confirms he really does spend his patron and youtube money on a love doll.

And the fact he's so cheap with his jewbux he gets one made of TPR and breaks it on the first day and is told the TRP dolls are the most expensive to fix because of the materials? :story: so his money goes to the near-constant repairs of Mai Waifu

Ido

lizard noises
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>living with parents
>has sex doll

I mean, I think he still lives with his parents I don't remember, but like damn if he does I cant even imagine it. Like I don't want to walk into anyone having sex, much less my nonexistent son, but I'd take that over him humping n expensive plastic doll.

His parents really screwed themselves by homeschooling him.

Cast Away

I shall sing a lost requiem
kiwifarms.net
>living with parents
>has sex doll

I mean, I think he still lives with his parents I don't remember, but like damn if he does I cant even imagine it. Like I don't want to walk into anyone having sex, much less my nonexistent son, but I'd take that over him humping n expensive plastic doll.

ClevelandRock mentioned how Alex isn't living with his parents anymore, and while of course his servant mod is not a reliable source, it is a possibility that Alex has moved out with the income he has gotten from YanSim or his parents bought him an apartment. Considering how much he hates his parents for "obesessing with him not becoming a bum" I highly doubt he'd willingly want to live with them. He probably did still live with his parents around 2014, during his sex doll posts on that sex doll forum. By the time he started streaming as YanDev that background we see is likely not his parents house.

YourMommasBackstory

it's gay
kiwifarms.net
You can spent thousands of hours on something, and you wont get better at it if you do it mindlessly and without learning.
Plenty of artcows draw for years, but they are still on the same skill level because they do not study, improve and analyse mistakes. Same with programming, i suppose.
You may get faster at writing simular code, but without study you wont be able to do something on your own or write complex code for some interesting gameplay concepts. Or see mistakes you've made earlier in development and have ideas on how to fix it.
Hell, i'm sure all his coding came from him watching unity tutorials on youtube. It's not a bad sourse, but it's easy to mindlessly copypaste code.

Coke Pope

kiwifarms.net
TBQH the only value YanSim can provide at this point is as a sandbox for memes.
The people that still hope EvaXephon will eventually turn this into something more than that are braindead paypigs.

Karen did nothing wrong. This is all because of those evil evil vaccines and chemtrails.

FreeCandyVan

kiwifarms.net
I hadn't considered that issue - is the AI required to react to things beyond "my patrol was interrupted by [x variable] I shall respond with [y variable]" just beyond his capabilities (even to farm out to somebody)?
Yes. Emergent AI uses relatively more complex algorithms than the "If (X) then (Y) else if (Z) then (Q)" style he's using now. There's actually a pretty decent free Unity AI implementation he could've used called ReGoap, but I'd imagine he's not really capable of even the low level of understanding required to use it.

LiquidKid

If Lions Like It, You Know It’s Bad.
kiwifarms.net
Calling yourself a coder because you can make something in Unity is like calling yourself an architect because you can build a house in Minecraft
To be fair, there are people who do impressive work with unity.
When used as a cheap but versatile base engine, there’s nothing wrong with unity. It’s the lazy asses who buy a bunch of pre made resources(Alex) that are the problem

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Trombonista

Cast Away

I shall sing a lost requiem
kiwifarms.net
To be fair, there are people who do impressive work with unity.
When used as a cheap but versatile base engine, there’s nothing wrong with unity. It’s the lazy asses who buy a bunch of pre made resources(Alex) that are the problem
True, there are also people who make really fucking cool builds with Minecraft too. Agreed, Alex is basically just stealing ideas, slapping it together in a shit stew, and demanding to be respected.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino