Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan - Developer of Osana from 2014 till September 2020, Crowdfunding Soon

What will happen to Yansim?

• Alex works less and less on his game as he rides out his tugboat

Votes: 1,289 43.4%
  • Alex drops the game and becomes a fulltime streamer

Votes: 418 14.1%
  • Alex opens up a Kickstarter that will fail because of gremlins (no refunds)

Votes: 565 19.0%
  • Alex adds more useless features asking for more money

Votes: 1,090 36.7%
  • Alex goes full skitzo drawing crayon comics about his battles with gremlins

Votes: 333 11.2%
  • Alex takes all the criticism to heart and improve his life

Votes: 67 2.3%
  • Alex will troon out becoming Alexia

Votes: 816 27.5%
  • Alex does a flip

Votes: 666 22.4%

• Total voters

Ido

Still alive
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
>living with parents
>has sex doll

I mean, I think he still lives with his parents I don't remember, but like damn if he does I cant even imagine it. Like I don't want to walk into anyone having sex, much less my nonexistent son, but I'd take that over him humping n expensive plastic doll.

His parents really screwed themselves by homeschooling him.

Cast Away

People don't like mirrors, they like filters.
kiwifarms.net
>living with parents
>has sex doll

I mean, I think he still lives with his parents I don't remember, but like damn if he does I cant even imagine it. Like I don't want to walk into anyone having sex, much less my nonexistent son, but I'd take that over him humping n expensive plastic doll.

ClevelandRock mentioned how Alex isn't living with his parents anymore, and while of course his servant mod is not a reliable source, it is a possibility that Alex has moved out with the income he has gotten from YanSim or his parents bought him an apartment. Considering how much he hates his parents for "obesessing with him not becoming a bum" I highly doubt he'd willingly want to live with them. He probably did still live with his parents around 2014, during his sex doll posts on that sex doll forum. By the time he started streaming as YanDev that background we see is likely not his parents house.

YourMommasBackstory

Gosh, I hope I’m safe it this suit!
kiwifarms.net
not to repeat everyone else but, after like 5+ years at some point you have to actually learn how to code. Right?
You can spent thousands of hours on something, and you wont get better at it if you do it mindlessly and without learning.
Plenty of artcows draw for years, but they are still on the same skill level because they do not study, improve and analyse mistakes. Same with programming, i suppose.
You may get faster at writing simular code, but without study you wont be able to do something on your own or write complex code for some interesting gameplay concepts. Or see mistakes you've made earlier in development and have ideas on how to fix it.
Hell, i'm sure all his coding came from him watching unity tutorials on youtube. It's not a bad sourse, but it's easy to mindlessly copypaste code.

Coke Pope

kiwifarms.net
TBQH the only value YanSim can provide at this point is as a sandbox for memes.
The people that still hope EvaXephon will eventually turn this into something more than that are braindead paypigs.

Karen did nothing wrong. This is all because of those evil evil vaccines and chemtrails.

FreeCandyVan

kiwifarms.net
I hadn't considered that issue - is the AI required to react to things beyond "my patrol was interrupted by [x variable] I shall respond with [y variable]" just beyond his capabilities (even to farm out to somebody)?
Yes. Emergent AI uses relatively more complex algorithms than the "If (X) then (Y) else if (Z) then (Q)" style he's using now. There's actually a pretty decent free Unity AI implementation he could've used called ReGoap, but I'd imagine he's not really capable of even the low level of understanding required to use it.

LiquidKid

If Lions Like It, You Know It’s Bad.
kiwifarms.net
Calling yourself a coder because you can make something in Unity is like calling yourself an architect because you can build a house in Minecraft
To be fair, there are people who do impressive work with unity.
When used as a cheap but versatile base engine, there’s nothing wrong with unity. It’s the lazy asses who buy a bunch of pre made resources(Alex) that are the problem

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Trombonista

Cast Away

kiwifarms.net
To be fair, there are people who do impressive work with unity.
When used as a cheap but versatile base engine, there’s nothing wrong with unity. It’s the lazy asses who buy a bunch of pre made resources(Alex) that are the problem
True, there are also people who make really fucking cool builds with Minecraft too. Agreed, Alex is basically just stealing ideas, slapping it together in a shit stew, and demanding to be respected.

Cast Away

kiwifarms.net
Which is sadly the worst part of this story and why I don’t actively follow the thread anymore. You can only spend so much time asking where Osana is before it’s tedious. Nothing else has really happened
The reason I think Alex had been so interesting was because he is 99% just a product of his own personality flaws. He doesn't have to rely on a "gross and fucked up" factor like Horrorcows or "fucking insane" factor like Schizocows to draw clicks. Chris is Autistic, Brianna Wu is a troon. Alex was born as just a regular dude. Being homeschooled isn't an excuse. You can still go out and attend Boy Scouts and be social outside of school and grow up relatively normal. Alex chose to shut himself in and play vidya all day to the point where he was incapable of social interaction. Alex chose to be a loser who was not able to get into college and had to go to a Community College. He chose to act like he was a messiah and began to show his true colors to his fanbase. He chose every wrong choice that led to his demise, which makes him all the more fascinating to watch knowing he isn't the byproduct of something else.

But now he's gotten incredibly boring as we basically just watch the train crash in slow motion.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
But now he's gotten incredibly boring as we basically just watch the train crash in slow motion.
Patience, man, just wait. Mundane Matt, who is the product of his own flaws and inability to change, hasn't been particularly interesting to some point, but now people make fun of him constantly.

Blue Canary in the outlet

by the lightswitch, who's watching over you...
kiwifarms.net
Wow, I wasn't active since page 1200 or something and I'm impressed that he doesn't have Osana fully implemented yet.
It just popped on my mind and I looked it up on YT to see how far he has come and if there's any noteworthy progress.

The "game" looks totally outdated. In 2015 it would be okay for a meme game, but since he insisting that it's a totally serious game it looks like crap.

SpergPatrol

You're a faggot Harry
kiwifarms.net
I literally left for almost a year to see if dev had made any developments on Osana or anything actually important to the main game by the time I got back just to see maybe he is actually working on the game.

Well, see you again next year because that didn't happen even though he promised this in April of 2019 of most of the shit being done.