Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan - Developer of Osana from 2014 till September 2020, Crowdfunding Soon

What will happen to Yansim?

• Alex works less and less on his game as he rides out his tugboat

Votes: 1,289 43.4%
  • Alex drops the game and becomes a fulltime streamer

Votes: 418 14.1%
  • Alex opens up a Kickstarter that will fail because of gremlins (no refunds)

Votes: 565 19.0%
  • Alex adds more useless features asking for more money

Votes: 1,090 36.7%
  • Alex goes full skitzo drawing crayon comics about his battles with gremlins

Votes: 333 11.2%
  • Alex takes all the criticism to heart and improve his life

Votes: 67 2.3%
  • Alex will troon out becoming Alexia

Votes: 816 27.5%
  • Alex does a flip

Votes: 666 22.4%

• Total voters

YourMommasBackstory

Gosh, I hope I’m safe it this suit!
kiwifarms.net
Oh yeah does that guy is still alive ?
Last time I heard of him was when "The Fall of Yandere Dev" came out and Yandere Dev DataMiner was caught into the drama.
What happened since then ?
nothing special, tbh.
Game still in development, patreon still give him money, framerate is still not fixed.

Blue Canary in the outlet

by the lightswitch, who's watching over you...
kiwifarms.net
Oh yeah does that guy is still alive ?
Last time I heard of him was when "The Fall of Yandere Dev" came out and Yandere Dev DataMiner was caught into the drama.
What happened since then ?
Apparently he's found on a Sex doll forum. But it's not confirmed but it looks like him. Must be around Page 1500.

ducktales4gameboy

archive what you want to remember
kiwifarms.net
The thread poll should be a deadpool for which milestone he’ll be on when he finally gives up.

I’m guessing he will actually release Osana before the game collapses but the release and following criticism will be the catalyst for a massive gremlin chimpout that causes him to quit the game blaming trolls for ‘sucking away his will to live’ or something similar.

Cast Away

People don't like mirrors, they like filters.
kiwifarms.net
The thread poll should be a deadpool for which milestone he’ll be on when he finally gives up.

I’m guessing he will actually release Osana before the game collapses but the release and following criticism will be the catalyst for a massive gremlin chimpout that causes him to quit the game blaming trolls for ‘sucking away his will to live’ or something similar.
And then he'll come back as Lunar Scythe Dev

Mushroom Soup

:deagleleft: :gunt: :deagle:
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm guessing he will actually release Osana before the game collapses but the release and following criticism will be the catalyst for a massive gremlin chimpout that causes him to quit the game blaming trolls for ‘sucking away his will to live’ or something similar.
So he'll pull a Cube World?

Cast Away

People don't like mirrors, they like filters.
kiwifarms.net
I'm really curious to see how much a Kickstarter for the game would pull. Him releasing the KS would probably spawn some new content.

Floop

I, Scout, humbly present a toast to Miss Pauling!
kiwifarms.net
I'm really curious to see how much a Kickstarter for the game would pull. Him releasing the KS would probably spawn some new content.
When it fails due to not enough parents credit cards he’ll probably go crazy and crash into slumber.

Catgirls are Love

Make Catgirls Purr Again
kiwifarms.net
If he'd done it around 3 to 4 years ago I suspect it would've been quite the substantial amount, almost certainly surpassing all of the Patreonbux he's acquired over the years. At this point, I honestly have no idea since the only knowledge I have of everything EvaXephon/Yandere Simulator comes from this thread. I'd lean towards a great deal of goodwill or willingness to throw money at EvaXephon having dried up, meaning any Kickstarter would result in relatively disappointing contributions.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
Well, if ugly ghoul managed to get enough money for the documentary about his worldwide known achievement in speed running Ocarina of time from fuck knows how many years ago, then Alex is safe. And there are ton of ways to donate your own money, just to show that project has people's trust and you anyone throw his money at it without any hesitation.

Mask_de_SMITH

Yeah. I'll just set them on fire. Piece of cake.
kiwifarms.net
You know, does Mahan even keep a dev diary? Like, does he set goals and try to meet them?

I only ask because if it were me, my first goal would have been to prioritize Osana above all other tasks, use her as a template for all other rivals, run tests until I know her AI is stable and make tweeks to it in small increments, release a stable demo to see how players interact with Osana, then tailor the rest of the game on Osana and all other rivals moving forward.

To any other dev, this is so easy to plan, but for some reason, Mahan likes to pile shit on top of shit on top of shit. If he keeps approaching the game like he does now (adding redundant features that will only make balancing Osana that much more harder), Mahan will burn himself out and the game will never be made. It's never a good idea to jump balls deep into a game/project without some kind of plan to fall back to.