Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan - Developer of Osana from 2014 till the sun fucking explodes

What will happen to Yansim?

• Alex works less and less on his game as he rides out his tugboat

Votes: 508 46.5%
  • Alex drops the game and becomes a fulltime streamer

Votes: 178 16.3%
  • Alex opens up a Kickstarter that will fail because of gremlins (no refunds)

Votes: 242 22.1%
  • Alex adds more useless features asking for more money

Votes: 459 42.0%
  • Alex goes full skitzo drawing crayon comics about his battles with gremlins

Votes: 127 11.6%
  • Alex takes all the criticism to heart and improve his life

Votes: 25 2.3%
  • Alex will troon out becoming Alexia

Votes: 298 27.3%
  • Alex does a flip

Votes: 187 17.1%

• Total voters

ducktales4gameboy

git branch -d giant_boobs
kiwifarms.net
The thread poll should be a deadpool for which milestone he’ll be on when he finally gives up.

I’m guessing he will actually release Osana before the game collapses but the release and following criticism will be the catalyst for a massive gremlin chimpout that causes him to quit the game blaming trolls for ‘sucking away his will to live’ or something similar.

Cast Away

I shall sing a lost requiem
kiwifarms.net
The thread poll should be a deadpool for which milestone he’ll be on when he finally gives up.

I’m guessing he will actually release Osana before the game collapses but the release and following criticism will be the catalyst for a massive gremlin chimpout that causes him to quit the game blaming trolls for ‘sucking away his will to live’ or something similar.
And then he'll come back as Lunar Scythe Dev

Cast Away

kiwifarms.net
I'm really curious to see how much a Kickstarter for the game would pull. Him releasing the KS would probably spawn some new content.

Floop

Accidental Spy Kids reference, but with blud eyes.
kiwifarms.net
I'm really curious to see how much a Kickstarter for the game would pull. Him releasing the KS would probably spawn some new content.
When it fails due to not enough parents credit cards he’ll probably go crazy and crash into slumber.

Catgirls are Love

Make Catgirls Purr Again
kiwifarms.net
If he'd done it around 3 to 4 years ago I suspect it would've been quite the substantial amount, almost certainly surpassing all of the Patreonbux he's acquired over the years. At this point, I honestly have no idea since the only knowledge I have of everything EvaXephon/Yandere Simulator comes from this thread. I'd lean towards a great deal of goodwill or willingness to throw money at EvaXephon having dried up, meaning any Kickstarter would result in relatively disappointing contributions.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
Well, if ugly ghoul managed to get enough money for the documentary about his worldwide known achievement in speed running Ocarina of time from fuck knows how many years ago, then Alex is safe. And there are ton of ways to donate your own money, just to show that project has people's trust and you anyone throw his money at it without any hesitation.

Mask_de_SMITH

I'm not a Monster, it's only a Mask
kiwifarms.net
You know, does Mahan even keep a dev diary? Like, does he set goals and try to meet them?

I only ask because if it were me, my first goal would have been to prioritize Osana above all other tasks, use her as a template for all other rivals, run tests until I know her AI is stable and make tweeks to it in small increments, release a stable demo to see how players interact with Osana, then tailor the rest of the game on Osana and all other rivals moving forward.

To any other dev, this is so easy to plan, but for some reason, Mahan likes to pile shit on top of shit on top of shit. If he keeps approaching the game like he does now (adding redundant features that will only make balancing Osana that much more harder), Mahan will burn himself out and the game will never be made. It's never a good idea to jump balls deep into a game/project without some kind of plan to fall back to.

Blue Canary in the outlet

...by the lightswitch, who's watching you...
kiwifarms.net
I put my bet that Watashi no mono will be finished first and will be much better.

The last update on YT was February, but I think it's a good sign. The Developer takes the time to work on it instead of glorifying every tiny fart he put in it.

And the models aren't polished but at least they're self made and not bought store assets.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DieselBoogaloo

Colloid

kiwifarms.net
Yes.
But not this Cube World.

This Cube World:

Alex's sanity is crashing with no survivors, he will probably get obsessed and delusional about gremlins or what have you.
Alex is prone to believe his own propaganda, thus why he is not only evil, but also nuts.
Credit where it's due wol_lay is at least smart enough to not flip out on Twitter/YouTube when people troll him (if you count ddosing a store as trolling and not gay ops). Cube World was also actually good enough during its alpha 6 years ago to warrant a $20 tag while YS has never been good enough to be worth actually paying for it. That said, both games are a great example on why overprotective game devs should organize and listen to a QA team that's outside of the game's development. No single developer has enough perspective to spot-check their game's quality every step of the way, and especially not when the game is as large and ambitious as these two games are. Any dev who believes otherwise is doomed to have their games fail like YS and CW have.

who dare wins?

kiwifarms.net
Jesus Christ calm down you retard.
Yes.
But not this Cube World.

This Cube World:

Alex's sanity is crashing with no survivors, he will probably get obsessed and delusional about gremlins or what have you.
Alex is prone to believe his own propaganda, thus why he is not only evil, but also nuts.
honestly he is such a fucking autistic scumbag he will believe anything he says to try and keep the notion that his game and its community is alive and well. it would HONEST TO FUCKING GOD be better to see him carry out a massacre like the autistic NEET that he is and watch him utterly fail to even do that. its not that he lacks "motivation" anymore, its simply hes a delusional lazy sack of shit who will tard cum the cow until it is a rotting corpse.

keyboredsm4shthe2nd

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES! GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!
kiwifarms.net
I only ask because if it were me, my first goal would have been to prioritize Osana above all other tasks, use her as a template for all other rivals, run tests until I know her AI is stable and make tweeks to it in small increments, release a stable demo to see how players interact with Osana, then tailor the rest of the game on Osana and all other rivals moving forward.
That's what he said he planned ages ago, but his code is such spaghetti and his programming skills are such shit that he not only doesn't know how to pull this off, adding Osana probably crashes the game irredeemably.

Shaka Brah

Hang ten, my dudes.
kiwifarms.net
I put my bet that Watashi no mono will be finished first and will be much better.

The last update on YT was February, but I think it's a good sign. The Developer takes the time to work on it instead of glorifying every tiny fart he put in it.

And the models aren't polished but at least they're self made and not bought store assets.
He even has a better angle for why your MC is insane. In YS she just snaps for no raisin.

Cast Away

kiwifarms.net
In YS there actually is a reason she's insane. Namely, that it's hereditary.

...Actually, it was better when there was no reason.
Yeah, he was afraid people wouldn't take his meme game seriously and added in a ton of supremely exceptional backstory and autistic explanations for every fucking thing in the game. Even some of the OC fanfictions his tween fanbases churned out made more sense.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
All would have been fine if it was some silly side project of his. Instead it’s his job that people pay him actually money to do.
“Work ethic? What’s that?”
Even in that case. Let's say my side project is to make a cabinet out of wooden planks. What my goal would be? Well, to have a functioning cabinet. In my head I will have a plan on what to do and in what order. Alex doesn't have that. He probably has a goal of making a game, but his actions are more akin to a child, playing with Legos. "Oh, I like this, I'll put it here, oh, and this here". Come to think of it, if most of the Alexes ideas about the world come from anime and games, it could explain everything. He thinks, that if he works long and hard (from his perspective, of course) on this game, despite his "work" being unproductive as fuck, it will magically be done by itself. The worst part is that he does this shit with other people, who probably have some sort of plan, but it all gets wasted on another meme and mini-game in his trash murder simulator.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino