Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan - Developer of Osana from 2014 till the sun fucking explodes

What will happen to Yansim?

• Alex works less and less on his game as he rides out his tugboat

Votes: 532 46.7%
  • Alex drops the game and becomes a fulltime streamer

Votes: 185 16.3%
  • Alex opens up a Kickstarter that will fail because of gremlins (no refunds)

Votes: 250 22.0%
  • Alex adds more useless features asking for more money

Votes: 480 42.2%
  • Alex goes full skitzo drawing crayon comics about his battles with gremlins

Votes: 130 11.4%
  • Alex takes all the criticism to heart and improve his life

Votes: 25 2.2%
  • Alex will troon out becoming Alexia

Votes: 308 27.1%
  • Alex does a flip

Votes: 193 17.0%

• Total voters

Maida

kiwifarms.net
What has happened to the game in the past 2 years? I've heard of all of the leaks and learned how much of a scumbag Alex is, but it's been about 3 years since I have really gave a shit about the game. What happened?

Catgirls are Love

Make Catgirls Purr Again
kiwifarms.net
What has happened to the game in the past 2 years? I've heard of all of the leaks and learned how much of a scumbag Alex is, but it's been about 3 years since I have really gave a shit about the game. What happened?
The school map changed a bit. Other than that the game is more or less in the same state it was in at the end of 2015, except performance went from "tolerable" to "lol who needs 30fps".

Floop

Accidental Spy Kids reference
kiwifarms.net
Even in that case. Let's say my side project is to make a cabinet out of wooden planks. What my goal would be? Well, to have a functioning cabinet. In my head I will have a plan on what to do and in what order. Alex doesn't have that. He probably has a goal of making a game, but his actions are more akin to a child, playing with Legos. "Oh, I like this, I'll put it here, oh, and this here". Come to think of it, if most of the Alexes ideas about the world come from anime and games, it could explain everything. He thinks, that if he works long and hard (from his perspective, of course) on this game, despite his "work" being unproductive as fuck, it will magically be done by itself. The worst part is that he does this shit with other people, who probably have some sort of plan, but it all gets wasted on another meme and mini-game in his trash murder simulator.
Don’t worry it’s... uh... organic game desi-no... hmm. Well... you’re just a grem-wait, no that doesn’t work. Hmmm. Well, something something, persona and no more heroes are good games and he’s trying to make it more like those.

• Feels
Reactions: JuanButNotForgotten

Cast Away

I shall sing a lost requiem
kiwifarms.net
Imagine getting rich scamming kids
Tons of people do that (Jake Paul, PewDiePie, Minecraft YouTubers), but they actually produce the content they promise. YandereDev doesn't. Another thing is while communities like Roblox and Fortnite are some of the worst on the Internet, at least they are centered around the game. Alex's tween fanbase is centered around HIM instead of YanSim. It's exactly like a fucking cult. The followers are worshipping the "messiah" instead of the actual religion that drew them in the first place.

Floop

Accidental Spy Kids reference
kiwifarms.net
The school map changed a bit. Other than that the game is more or less in the same state it was in at the end of 2015, except performance went from "tolerable" to "lol who needs 30fps".
A lot of not perfectly optimized early access games get successful by being played by youtubers with beasty computers with gpus hung like a horse.

lolnope

His code is spaghetti but he's a money magneti!
kiwifarms.net
He literally said that even adding a single street of shops for the MC to use would delay the game significantly. And right when Osana is supposedly around the corner, too.

I feel like Alex is on a neverending cycle of finding something less important to do than Osana. Never has he actually stopped and reconsidered adding more pointless features. Truly, truly exceptional.

• Agree
Reactions: The Reaper

Stupid Sexy Flanders

What do you think I'm wearing, stud?
kiwifarms.net
I feel like Alex is on a neverending cycle of finding something less important to do than Osana. Never has he actually stopped and reconsidered adding more pointless features. Truly, truly exceptional.
I think it's down to the fact that he can't program a smart AI for Osana, so he keeps finding ways where the player can confuse her and get an easy kill. That's why he also keeps adding obstacles to killing her instead of fixing the actual AI.

If he'd only stuck with TinyBuild there might've been at least a half-decent game out there by now. It was never going to be a masterpiece, but it could've been fun little satire of Hitman type of games mixed with anime tropes.

The Reaper

Dreaming of Egg Nog
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think it's down to the fact that he can't program a smart AI for Osana, so he keeps finding ways where the player can confuse her and get an easy kill. That's why he also keeps adding obstacles to killing her instead of fixing the actual AI.
This is the sad part because she's the first boss: the "learning the ropes boss." The more nonsense he adds the less attractive the final product will be. I don't think people will care if you can just quickly gut her on the first day. It gives the game speed running potential (heavens above help me the day this gets into GDQ), and people are going to role play and do what they want. When people play Hitman they set out to kill the target the way they want not the fastest way. The better idea would be to just give people opportunities rather than lock down all the freedom so the player has to complete certain tasks. I don't care if I could just sprint into the school, grab a knife and stab Osana in three minutes flat. I'm going to pick a way to do it that I find fun.

Jmz_33

kiwifarms.net
How long does it take to edit 4 minutes of video, especially when you consider its probably just going to be him talking over gameplay and explaining why it’s so shitty. (Btw give me money so I can make it less shitty.)

Colloid

This is the baby sun now. Feel old yet?
kiwifarms.net
Did we mention this existing?

Well they advanced a bit with the 3D models
View attachment 974558
View attachment 974559
There really isn't much to say about this for now since Alex isn't even going to be involved in it's development sans giving Glowstick the thumbs up to use his characters. Glowstick is also pretty heavily involved with networking in the indie scene so they're definitely aware of Alex's bad history of working with others, but also didn't want to miss out on the opportunity to appeal directly to the YS fandom. Unlike Alex, Glowstick can actually keep to a schedule and make a fun game so I'm sure the crossover will be just as solid as the rest of Dark Deception.

I'm not at all surprised that Alex didn't even bother mentioning Dark Deception or Glowstick in his recent blogposts as thanks for what's basically free advertising given how entitled he is in general.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino