Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan - Developer of Osana from 2014 till the sun fucking explodes

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.

What will happen to Yansim?

• Alex works less and less on his game as he rides out his tugboat

Votes: 723 44.7%
  • Alex drops the game and becomes a fulltime streamer

Votes: 250 15.5%
  • Alex opens up a Kickstarter that will fail because of gremlins (no refunds)

Votes: 323 20.0%
  • Alex adds more useless features asking for more money

Votes: 643 39.8%
  • Alex goes full skitzo drawing crayon comics about his battles with gremlins

Votes: 177 11.0%
  • Alex takes all the criticism to heart and improve his life

Votes: 30 1.9%
  • Alex will troon out becoming Alexia

Votes: 447 27.7%
  • Alex does a flip

Votes: 291 18.0%

• Total voters

Beard_Chan

kiwifarms.net

tl;dr:
1. Osana isn't released obviously as expected, but I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and see what he added instead: (In the video, he didn't want to release Osana early because he wanted to fix bugs, remove exploits and anything that looks janky. For instance, he mentioned about an exploit about how you can just pour gasoline and set Osana on fire, circumventing Raiburu which would make the game too easy and having zero challenge, so instead he made it in such a way that if there's smell of gasoline and Raiburu detects it, she will warn Osana about it.)
2. He wants to upload videos routinely to show people he is still actively working on the game, but on the other hand making videos does take time away from development, so his solution is to create a short video and making it unlisted for quote unquote, "hardcore fans". This recent video is done in 4 hours and thus quality is low. He did mention in the video however that he needed to add two significant features in the game later so his next video would be much better in quality to introduce these two features.
3. Phone Theft Mechanic is added, which is just adding more features to earn favors for Info-chan. This time, you can steal any female student's phones. There may be a future feature in which you can impersonate a student by gaining remote access to a student's phone etc.
4. "Follow Me" feature is nerfed, in which the timer where students follow you depends on reputation. (The higher the reputation, the more time students will follow you)
5. More bugs fixed.
6. Another easter egg added. Don't know what it is. This is just five words out of the whole thing so I'm gonna leave this brief too.
7. The next feature (which I assume to be "SNAP"? In the video he did mention two features however) isn't implemented. Alex did all of the necessary programming but the assets didn't arrive yet (new animations and voice lines).
8. Windows are now transparent. It gives more "small negative" on the framerate but it however "looked nice aethestically" to him. This might be fine given it would get students to see through windows, but needless to say they still can't since Alex has to remove hundreds of collision boxes.
9. Some animations are updated. He didn't want to release Osana while the animations look terrible.
10. Basement added some props.

View attachment 1188707

Also likes/dislikes in his new video are disabled. I wouldn't blame him really given how he has gained more notoriety. I wouldn't be surprised if he made the video unlisted because he didn't want to get unfunny comments filled with "LOL CUM CHALICE XD" either.
Jesus I think his fans are even worse than he is. Its been half a decade+ and they are all sperging out/gushing in the comments. How the fuck does he still have fans like this? Autistic children I know but still just ridiculous.

Banworld

kiwifarms.net
He actually posted a link here before he asked about the graduation but I deleted it since I felt it was unrelated to Yandere Simulator at all. If you all are really curious here it is:

View attachment 1193195
'This feels like an Alex game' - I mean yeah it has sex slaves but so does like half of the newgrounds adult portal. @degener8, living up to your name in finding this I imagine.

Back on topic, I'm not surprised Alex added literally another dumb mechanic that will go unused for a few years. He also says the only way to previously get a phone was in a scripted sequence, but getting someone to shower is also a very scripted sequence. I guess you can get them to shower whenever so it's not predetermined, but why can't the characters just hold their phones and drop them? Or have them in their bags/pockets and you can steal them? Or why not actually finish the game before adding this unnecessary crap?

vertexwindi

Diddy in space, even though he's not
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

R34N1M470R

kiwifarms.net
What the hell is this on my youtube sidebar?
View attachment 1193821

What kind of abomination do I get when I click?
View attachment 1193822
View attachment 1193824

Well someone is hella optimistic.

"100.000.000 installs"

I'm not even gonna try to figure out what "installs" mean... For the sake of my sanity...

Edit: Alright pretty sure (I mean I don't buy that number but still) that every time he "updates" the game (I would like to see proof of those "bug fixes"), since you have to download it all over again, that counts as an install. It really doesn't make any sense otherwise... Or I'm missing something lmao

stupid moron

REALLY, REALLY, dumb
kiwifarms.net
"100.000.000 installs"

I'm not even gonna try to figure out what "installs" mean... For the sake of my sanity...

Edit: Alright pretty sure (I mean I don't buy that number but still) that every time he "updates" the game (I would like to see proof of those "bug fixes"), since you have to download it all over again, that counts as an install. It really doesn't make any sense otherwise... Or I'm missing something lmao
It’s just some re.tarded spam site lying so you click their ads. There’s no way it has even close to 100 million even with all the updates

Wendy_Carter

This is... fun...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
At this point I have a very faint feeling that the guy is actually taking the piss out of the game. Saying "the game won't be finished for at least a couple more years" about a game that's been in development for 6 years now and still doesn't have an end goal of any kind seems WAY too on the nose. "Just come back later and play it when it's done" is a good quote too, seeing as the game will never be finished.

Black N' Mild

kiwifarms.net
How about you just make Osana able to defend her own damn self? You don't need Poochie McScrappy to shatter everyone's immersion and enjoyment of the game, just make her not exceptional and you can get plenty of challenge out of her.
Wasn't Osana the old leader of the martial arts club at some point? Why would she need a bodyguard? The only person that stands to "possibly" have a legitimate reason for a bodyguard is that Saikou bitch, but even then if she's only in the school for a week, there's no point.
I still don't understand why senpai's childhood friend, of all people, is the tutorial rival. Like no logic anyone can offer will be able to explain that.

Does anyone here know when Alex graduated? I think I found one of his earlier unfinished games.
It's somewhere way back in the thread (someone found his old Linkedin, I thought), but the only games he's ever acknowledged working on in Lunar Scythe and Bootleg Hitman Simulator. Unless you're talking about the games he's worked on while he had that QA job, but weren't those all mobile games?

Lurk Jurk

kiwifarms.net
Alex is salty that people might eliminate the first rival easily... even though she should be the easiest one. Shouldn't the gang leader girl or the class president be the one with bodyguards/other characters who could interfere?

Of course this is just symptom of him constantly adding any feature that pops into his head before even finishing the core gameplay loop.

Reactions: Slutpuppies

rcktpwrr

kiwifarms.net
I still don't get why Osana needs a fucking unbeatable bodyguard with her 24/7. This is literally the first rival. Ensuring there's more steps you need to take in order to isolate her from crowds and then let the player get creative seems way more fitting for the first rival. What's the point of adding so many elimination methods when defeating the rivals will only allow you to explore maybe 2 options? What have all these months of work lead up to? Why does Alex have chronic brain rot?

Jakverse360

Just a Ham and cheese ,my guy
kiwifarms.net
Alex is salty that people might eliminate the first rival easily... even though she should be the easiest one. Shouldn't the gang leader girl or the class president be the one with bodyguards/other characters who could interfere?

Of course this is just symptom of him constantly adding any feature that pops into his head before even finishing the core gameplay loop.
This post makes me think.... are all the rivals gonna have a damn body guard? Thats fucking repetitive. He can't come up with more innovative shit?

xXPurple_ShrekXx

FALSE and LYING fan
kiwifarms.net
This post makes me think.... are all the rivals gonna have a damn body guard? Thats fucking repetitive. He can't come up with more innovative shit?
Of course not, Yandere Simulator is an intuitive and creative game! The one rival that can cook has a chef bodyguard, the one that's a nurse has a doctor bodyguard... and so on.
Thinking of it, have you noticed how one-dimensional all those rivals seem to be? Like they have one trait like having a certain skill or a certain status and that's literally the entire personality of the rival.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course not, Yandere Simulator is an intuitive and creative game! The one rival that can cook has a chef bodyguard, the one that's a nurse has a doctor bodyguard... and so on.
Thinking of it, have you noticed how one-dimensional all those rivals seem to be? Like they have one trait like having a certain skill or a certain status and that's literally the entire personality of the rival.
That's just YanDev's shitty writing for you. He eather makes giant edgy Marry Sue-types like Ayano, her mom, Info-chan or one-dimentional single gimmick characters with "Dark secreet ow the edge" sauce on top. Not to mention charcters who were stolen from better source materials.

I honestly wanted to make a little character breakdown, but it's not really worth it since they all can be placed somewhere in theese categories.
The only thing barely worth mentioning is the way he names characters, but agaim it's ether Engrish word split in two or just two simple Japaneese words, and both of theese just describe characters gimmick. Bravo, Yandere Dev, that's some "Reldnahc Notsew Naitsirhc" level of subtle naming there.