Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan - Developer of Osana from 2014 till the sun fucking explodes

What will happen to Yansim?

• Alex works less and less on his game as he rides out his tugboat

Votes: 954 43.7%
  • Alex drops the game and becomes a fulltime streamer

Votes: 329 15.1%
  • Alex opens up a Kickstarter that will fail because of gremlins (no refunds)

Votes: 411 18.8%
  • Alex adds more useless features asking for more money

Votes: 866 39.7%
  • Alex goes full skitzo drawing crayon comics about his battles with gremlins

Votes: 241 11.0%
  • Alex takes all the criticism to heart and improve his life

Votes: 42 1.9%
  • Alex will troon out becoming Alexia

Votes: 597 27.4%
  • Alex does a flip

Votes: 420 19.2%

• Total voters

lolnope

His code is spaghetti but he's a money magneti!
kiwifarms.net
It's interesting to me that this video makes no mention of a Hate and Shame 2 that got leaked, perhaps someone close to him managed to talk him out of it?
I think that "Hate and Shame 2" is just going to be a small excerpt of the Osana release video. He probably thinks that teens being pressured into drinking is the same as those dang dirty gremlins pressuring him into releasing Osana - that's the basis behind his analogy.

The "History of Development" video might also have some Hate and Shame elements since he says he wants to "clear up misconceptions" by talking about things that he's never discussed.

Another request from the Discord, #help-wanted:
View attachment 1405978
"Please make my game's promotional material for me, for free."
This is funny because he's previously sperged out about how people were leaking rival assets and "misleading" the public by using rival hairstyles in videos and posts. He even banned Raibaru and Osana's in-game hairstyles from being posted on his subreddit, even though he himself allowed those hairstyles to stay in the game.

Scarred Platypus

Everyday we stray further from God's light.
kiwifarms.net
The FAQ on the Discord server has been updated:
View attachment 1408180
The question is whether she's easy to eliminate due to intentional design or due to spaghetti code and how long it'll take for such methods to be patched.
Raibaru was easy to get rid off, but if you keep updating her spider sense to basically foresee everything without explanation, it will just become a game of trial and error to see which way of elimination she is not coded to prevent.
There was that dude who was able to kill Osana in like 5 minutes making her open a door with a bucket of gasoline and then passing over a candle burning herself to death, a clever way to not aggro Raibaru. Next patch, Raibaru spider senses Osana away of the door because "hey, doesn't it kinda smell like gasoline?"
The problem is YandereDev hardcoding plot armor for eliminations he doesn't like.

Banworld

Never knows best.
kiwifarms.net
The FAQ on the Discord server has been updated:
View attachment 1408180
The question is whether she's easy to eliminate due to intentional design or due to spaghetti code and how long it'll take for such methods to be patched.
You know, difficulty is supposed to emerge from the mechanics of the game. Since Alex likes to talk about Hitman so much, why doesn't he take a page out of its book and actually do what Hitman does by having characters use a bespoke routine that makes them wander through areas players can take advantage of if they know the games mechanics? In Hitman, you can use bodies as a distraction, you can find blind spots or create them by disabling cameras or getting people to vacate the area, pick off bodyguards and masquerade as one to get access to areas that might allow you to set up traps.

YandereSim has none of that, really. And when it did, Raibura learned to smell gasoline lmao.

Sir Joahim Browinson III

High-functioning aestheticism
kiwifarms.net
You know, difficulty is supposed to emerge from the mechanics of the game. Since Alex likes to talk about Hitman so much, why doesn't he take a page out of its book and actually do what Hitman does by having characters use a bespoke routine that makes them wander through areas players can take advantage of if they know the games mechanics? In Hitman, you can use bodies as a distraction, you can find blind spots or create them by disabling cameras or getting people to vacate the area, pick off bodyguards and masquerade as one to get access to areas that might allow you to set up traps.

YandereSim has none of that, really. And when it did, Raibura learned to smell gasoline lmao.
Again, he needs to pad the time spent on elimination just so he could justify the Persona mechanics being in the game.
There is a sertain pattern in his dessisions on game in which he tries to make more violent playstyle more unfavourable for player, with patching up bodyguards to idiotic levels of OP, adding Dishonored murder percent-based mechanics.

Banworld

Never knows best.
kiwifarms.net
Again, he needs to pad the time spent on elimination just so he could justify the Persona mechanics being in the game.
There is a sertain pattern in his dessisions on game in which he tries to make more violent playstyle more unfavourable for player, with patching up bodyguards to idiotic levels of OP, adding Dishonored murder percent-based mechanics.
Well I've always maintained that the game is fundamentally flawed in design. The time limit makes social stuff impossible because you need to know what to do, and if you buy the 'schemes' from info-chan you may as well just get a guide online. As for violent methods, Raiburu is just op and stalking your rivals is no fun, and there aren't enough opportunities to create a moment to strike.

If I were making YandereSim, I'd just make it randomised. Random school layout, random schedules, random target rivals. Then just load the game up with things that make opportunities to do stuff. Then people can get replay value out of doing runs rather than playing some long campaign. The game is already taking this form through mission mode.

Like, I can't believe there's no option to set off the fire alarms yet, or you can't have classes with opportunities to kill your rival. Chemistry class gives you access to chemicals, woodwork gives you access to buzzsaws, cooking gives you access to knives/poison, etc. He has smoke/stink bombs in mission mode, why not add them to the base game?

Students are also dumb as fuck, if they see you drop and turn on a radio they just turn it off no matter how many times you do it. If Alex actually invested in making an event system then you could just make an event for 'dropping radio' and if someone witnesses that event and then hears the radio, they approach you and not the radio. Hell, make it drop your reputation or whatever. It'd also pose an additional threat when doing specific eliminations that require doing stuff that students should notice but don't, such as pickpocketing, stealing phones, putting water buckets on doors, sabotaging water fountains,

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
Well I've always maintained that the game is fundamentally flawed in design. The time limit makes social stuff impossible because you need to know what to do, and if you buy the 'schemes' from info-chan you may as well just get a guide online. As for violent methods, Raiburu is just op and stalking your rivals is no fun, and there aren't enough opportunities to create a moment to strike.

If I were making YandereSim, I'd just make it randomised. Random school layout, random schedules, random target rivals. Then just load the game up with things that make opportunities to do stuff. Then people can get replay value out of doing runs rather than playing some long campaign. The game is already taking this form through mission mode.

Like, I can't believe there's no option to set off the fire alarms yet, or you can't have classes with opportunities to kill your rival. Chemistry class gives you access to chemicals, woodwork gives you access to buzzsaws, cooking gives you access to knives/poison, etc. He has smoke/stink bombs in mission mode, why not add them to the base game?

Students are also dumb as fuck, if they see you drop and turn on a radio they just turn it off no matter how many times you do it. If Alex actually invested in making an event system then you could just make an event for 'dropping radio' and if someone witnesses that event and then hears the radio, they approach you and not the radio. Hell, make it drop your reputation or whatever. It'd also pose an additional threat when doing specific eliminations that require doing stuff that students should notice but don't, such as pickpocketing, stealing phones, putting water buckets on doors, sabotaging water fountains,
Don’t put more thought into it than Alexander, that would be autistic.

tumeric rat

plays le festin but with bongos
kiwifarms.net
He did implement the students having a routine thing where they walk around the school, but to me half of it feels so inorganic. For example, having the gardening club water every single plant around the school. Yeah, it makes sense for them to do it, but... they're still teens (sorry technically 18+ aha). I don't think they'll be doing it every single day with every single plant. There would be days where some of them slack off by playing with their phone, chat with others, do homework 10 minutes before class, etc.

But alas, our developer didn't go to high school, so how would he know that?

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Sir Wesley Tailpipe

Neurotic Loser

Lurker who needs to Lurk MOAR
kiwifarms.net

It took Alex like a year or so to get the students to react to pantyshots, implementing anything like whst you're describing would probably take him a lifetime.

Colloid

kiwifarms.net
45 seconds*

Edit: This is specially important 'cause Alex himself said (very recently) that allowing the player to do that "would be" very bad design
Alex is the only dev I know of that's autistic enough to balance his game around speedrunners. Most devs rightly don't care since speedrunners will always find some bug or two to beat the game in an obscenely short time, and only an idiot thinks they can stop that.

R34N1M470R

kiwifarms.net
Alex is the only dev I know of that's autistic enough to balance his game around speedrunners. Most devs rightly don't care since speedrunners will always find some bug or two to beat the game in an obscenely short time, and only an idiot thinks they can stop that.
Nothing is beyond Alex when it comes to the detriment of his existence

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
Hell, his Discord And subreddit are balanced around speedrunners! It’s autism all the way down!

ViniTobi2

kiwifarms.net
You know, since i don't really have anything useful to do with my afternoon, i was thinking about that old post where Alex complains he does not have a girlfriend, and i was thinking, at least to me, he did not seem that ugly when he was younger, just average i think, of course he is ugly nowadays, but now he is much older anyways, so i think if he did not lack so much confidence he could have gotten at least 1 average looking girlfriend in his 20's when he still looked average, but of course it is Alex i am talking about, so i am not sure why i am surprised he wasted his life once again...

stupid moron

REALLY, REALLY, dumb
kiwifarms.net
45 seconds*

Edit: This is specially important 'cause Alex himself said (very recently) that allowing the player to do that "would be" very bad design
It wouldn't be bad design if it was difficult to do, or difficult to figure out. There are plenty of opportunities in well mad videogames where you can cheese the game's AI or jump to a shortcut but it takes a long time to learn how to do. And you usually spend longer trying to figure out how to get the trick to work than if you did it normally.

Neurotic Loser

Lurker who needs to Lurk MOAR
kiwifarms.net
It wouldn't be bad design if it was difficult to do, or difficult to figure out. There are plenty of opportunities in well mad videogames where you can cheese the game's AI or jump to a shortcut but it takes a long time to learn how to do. And you usually spend longer trying to figure out how to get the trick to work than if you did it normally.
Hell, if Alex wasn't hurt by how quick someone managed to cheese the game he would have realised that cheesing AI is the main appeal of hitman like gameplay. In a well designed game, the whole replay value comes from the experiementation of different methods of eliminating your targets. In a game like yansim, the goal should be for time efficiency as the game is a managing sim when ypu break it down to basic mechanics. Rewarding the player's knowledge of systems with satisfactory timesaves so the player could improve other aspects of their character should be the goal of this game.
I feel in the final game he's going to railroad the player into having one (or two if Alex doesn't feel lazy) lethal methods of dealing with each rival which will become boring fast.