• "He's broken the laws of physics by how pathetic he is."

Careercow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart MahanDeveloper of Yandere Simulator & With the face only a mother could love

Discussion in 'Lolcows' started by vertexwindi, Apr 10, 2016.

Forum Guidelines

Lolcows are people and groups whose eccentric or foolish behavior can be "milked" for amusement and laughs. They are not countries, political figures, celebrities, your highschool bully, or some random YouTuber who doesn't involve himself in drama.

• Be civil.

Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.

• Hide your powerlevel.

Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. This is not your blog and we are not an asylum.

• Don't backseat moderate.

You are not a moderator. You do not decide if a thread is to remain open or not. You do not decide if someone is a lolcow or not.

• Don't white knight.

Don't turn threads into an intervention. If you want to help, contact them privately. True lolcows reject advice.

• Do not create topics about forum members.

If you believe someone discovered by their account on the forum deserves a thread, ask staff first.

• No trolling plans.

We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.

• Topic titles should contain aliases.

Keep thread titles as brief as possible and use all their different usernames.

• Archive everything.

Use archival tools to preserve content forever. Upload directly to posts where applicable.

?

Pick a Side

1. Memes

248 vote(s)
    67.2%
  2. Edge

121 vote(s)
    32.8%
  1. You are correct. Using a configuration file that contains all of these values would be much more optimal as it allows for you to easily find the values, as well as reducing read time (if you're using UNIX style IO where you access a single line). If you're too scared to use config files (like you should!), there's always the switch statement that performs slightly better than if/elseif pyramids. The nice thing about switch statements is that the compiler can optimize them, as it behaves like an index in a book (you only need to go to the page with the key word, not every other page in the index). Note that switch statements are a major hallmark of C languages. Even the conditions that get evaluated within the if/elseif pyramid are bad. "if (Male == false)" can just be written as "if (!Male)". I actually wouldn't by surprised if a couple "code pyramids" (abusing if/elseif makes the indenting look like a pyramid) were lying around.
    This is entirely subjective, but I find the following equally as valid, and it saves useless indents. But anything that isn't self explanatory should be in blocks for easier commenting.
    Code:
    if (!PhoneRegex.test(phonenumber)) window.alert("Please enter a valid phone number.")

• Informative Informative x 22
    • Agree Agree x 3
    #21 Kazami Yuuka, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    Kazami Yuuka

Kazami Yuuka Thou shalt utterly destroy [them]...

kiwifarms.net
  2. Amazing.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 3
    • Feels Feels x 2
    Tranhuviya

Tranhuviya 天下御免

kiwifarms.net
  3. His ineptitude is a little surprising, considering that he does have production credits for iOS games on his LinkedIn page. My guess is that he was never formally taught how to code, since his degrees are both in Animation, and he learned while working at Kungfu Games.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Lackadaisy

Lackadaisy gas the commies, class war now
    Birthday

kiwifarms.net
  4. Energy Vampire.png
    He looks like a vampire, Jesus Christ.

• Agree x 30
    • Like x 4
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Feels x 1
    • Horrifying x 1
    Tranhuviya

Tranhuviya 天下御免

kiwifarms.net
  5. Jeez, that email video OP posted is way too long and whiny, especially since this topic has already been 'touched upon' in other videos of his. And since there are at least 3 of them, I was just about to post it since I honestly thought he/she had linked to one of the older ones. And the fact that he created a 'ditzy' character in order to take more shots at the fans who do things he deems stupid just makes him look like more of an asshole.

So here are some tl;dr screenshots so you don't have to watch it!

vlcsnap-2016-04-10-15h05m50s867.png vlcsnap-2016-04-10-15h05m59s753.png vlcsnap-2016-04-10-15h06m48s916.png vlcsnap-2016-04-10-15h07m11s356.png vlcsnap-2016-04-10-15h07m25s829.png

ETA this video:

Here he goes into a 'history' of YanSim and whines about more emails and all the 'work' he puts into the game. Also, he talks about starting Kickstarter and gives the fans a strawpoll

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #25 CMora, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    kiwifarms.net
  6. Makes me wonder why anyone would ever want to volunteer to work for this guy

• Agree Agree x 25
    vertexwindi

vertexwindi Hitler 2.0

kiwifarms.net
  7. And now I feel sad because I was looking forward to his game.

• Feels Feels x 58
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  8. They want to be a part of something popular.

• Agree Agree x 13
    Hat

Hat Tranny Sayaka Miki
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. It's not easy managing your staff when you're running a billion dollar multinational corporation making a meme game in Unity in your spare time.

• Like Like x 6
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 3
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    atm

atm BIBELOBIS
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net

10. Good game.

I do admit though, I enjoy playing the game if I ignore some of the aspects of it (ie. panty shots) but it's astounding to see how autismally mad this dude gets about emails.
    Nobody's gonna give you professional level work for free, especially not for a game that looks like it's made in MikuMikuDance, and since your game is popular with the underaged PewDiePie/Markiplier fans, you should be expecting dumb emails.

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  11. Here's a video where he spergs over the name of his own game because he thinks that it's too serious to be called a "simulator."

I like how he added the ability to take the pictures, but not the services you're supposed to receive from sending then in. At present, the ability to take panty shots is only there to be there.

• Like Like x 12
    Hat

Hat Tranny Sayaka Miki
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. And the sad thing is, he's animating everything in Maya (it's shown in a few of his update videos, including the one @Alan Pardew posted on the last page). So either he's simply animating in MMD and transferring it to Maya somehow, or he's this bad at animation (or the models he's working with are shit, anything's possible). And considering it still looks bad to this day, I can only assume it's the latter.

And while I think this game and its premise had potential. The fact that the dev's a shitty coder with a sordid past, and the fans consist of the standard YouTube LP community and their raving fanboys. I'm getting turned off by it more and more.

• Agree Agree x 15
    Jewelsmakerguy

Jewelsmakerguy Now with reflective shade

kiwifarms.net
  13. Such a shame. The concept for this game sounded really cool too.

• Feels Feels x 14
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    scorptatious

scorptatious is just fine again today
    True & Honest Fan Birthday

kiwifarms.net
  14. YandereDev seems to honestly expect that professional-grade artists, 3D modelers, animators, etc. should be the only people to volunteer. If he doesn't want to be flooded with amateur-level volunteers and get high quality work for his game, maybe he should stop asking for volunteers and put up his own money to commission some decent assets. Heck, he's earning about 5k a month on Patreon for an unfinished product. Maybe he ought to hire someone who can code and someone whose animations don't look like they're straight out of a 14 year old girl's MMD video.

• Agree Agree x 21
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Lackadaisy

Lackadaisy gas the commies, class war now
    Birthday

kiwifarms.net
  15. I knew something was up as soon as Yandere Sim booted up with a proud sponsorship from a Neo-Nazi group. Not surprised the dev turned out like this.

• Informative Informative x 24
    • Feels Feels x 3
    Alberto Balsalm

Alberto Balsalm a condom filled with gasoline

kiwifarms.net
  16. I guess everything they say about yandere fans are true.

• Feels Feels x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
    Uncanny Valley

Uncanny Valley HUNTER OF HER OWN KIND
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  17. Is it the Black Sun?

I recall in the 20 minute video the dev mentioned that most of his e-mails are literally from young children like 12 years old. Let that set the tone for his fanbase.

• Like Like x 9
    Alan Pardew

Alan Pardew Just Monika
    Staff Member Moderator True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. Yeah. Looks like it was just one guy associated with them, though.

• Informative Informative x 6
    Alberto Balsalm

Alberto Balsalm a condom filled with gasoline

kiwifarms.net
    • Informative Informative x 13
    • Feels Feels x 4
    Hat

Hat Tranny Sayaka Miki
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  19. I didn't think 12 year olds would be into Yandere themed stuff.

Times have changed man.

• Feels Feels x 9
    scorptatious

scorptatious is just fine again today
    True & Honest Fan Birthday

kiwifarms.net