Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan - Developer of Osana from 2014 till the sun fucking explodes

What will happen to Yansim?

• Alex works less and less on his game as he rides out his tugboat

Votes: 1,204 43.2%
  • Alex drops the game and becomes a fulltime streamer

Votes: 389 14.0%
  • Alex opens up a Kickstarter that will fail because of gremlins (no refunds)

Votes: 520 18.7%
  • Alex adds more useless features asking for more money

Votes: 1,033 37.1%
  • Alex goes full skitzo drawing crayon comics about his battles with gremlins

Votes: 313 11.2%
  • Alex takes all the criticism to heart and improve his life

Votes: 56 2.0%
  • Alex will troon out becoming Alexia

Votes: 769 27.6%
  • Alex does a flip

Votes: 634 22.7%

• Total voters

George Beorge

kiwifarms.net
I've been thinking about how an Alex subforum would work as well, but I'm not sure if Null is on the same page with you, me, and other users who share our opinion. Not only that, but poor vertexwindi's workload of making sure Reddit weens don't constantly inundate this thread with shitty, useless posts would increase tenfold, whether he would be the mod of Alex's subforum or not.
IMO there's like 3 subforums way less deserving of subforums than Yandev shit.

roob

it's roob time!
kiwifarms.net
hello! i have a quick question about the image of his code in his latest blog post.
i have very little coding experience, and i've only learned the basics of C++. looking at this it is already hard to understand, but that could just be me. so, someone with more experience in coding, how bad does this look?

BadTakeCrucifier

They should have never gave you niggas Twitter
kiwifarms.net
I am pleased to inform you a cursed deepfake has been created.

Also comes in "The not cursed version"

Or if you prefer, the EXTREMELY CURSED version.

Last edited:

DieselBoogaloo

kiwifarms.net
Remember to archive next time. You never know when Alex will edit his post to add some other rubbish.
Link to the post
Archive
And of course he linked to that Trello board he hastily filled up.
It's like completely forgetting homework and and asking for an extension by showing an outline you wrote an hour before class. "I'm totally working on it, I swear, I'm almost done!"

Muskrat

kiwifarms.net
And of course he linked to that Trello board he hastily filled up.
It's like completely forgetting homework and and asking for an extension by showing an outline you wrote an hour before class. "I'm totally working on it, I swear, I'm almost done!"
Just adding even more to the lulz when he is going to be forced to use the excuse that testing Osana has been a very difficult process and he needs to spend another month going through the murder methods to be sure she's "perfect". Unless he really is working on Osana, Trello is going to do nothing except cause his fans to be more interrogative about when she is going to be ready.

Reactions: Gaia Soraka

Banworld

Never knows best.
kiwifarms.net
hello! i have a quick question about the image of his code in his latest blog post.
i have very little coding experience, and i've only learned the basics of C++. looking at this it is already hard to understand, but that could just be me. so, someone with more experience in coding, how bad does this look?
This is perfectly readable and normal code, the only thing I'd say is that he's checking for what the scheme is and then performing the necessary checks to advance the stage, meaning this will likely also become a big else if chain, checking for which scheme is active, and the more schemes he has, the larger it will get.

In an ideal world, making the game from the ground-up: it would likely be better to have a scheme class which has a 'event listener' class attached, the listener is informed of every event the player performs, checks if it's the event necessary to update the scheme and then does so if it is. This way the checks are done asynchronously, and by adding/removing the listener upon making a scheme active/inactive you don't have to check which scheme is currently active, and you keep things separate.

But at this stage in development, it would mean programming a whole event system to process things, and would probably involve gutting, refractoring and moving a lot of code. If Alex's only goal is to get Osana out the door, his own failure to invest in any formal system for handling things makes this an expedient albeit error-prone way of doing things.