Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan - Developer of Osana from 2014 till the sun fucking explodes

What will happen to Yansim?

• Alex works less and less on his game as he rides out his tugboat

Votes: 1,197 43.2%
  • Alex drops the game and becomes a fulltime streamer

Votes: 387 14.0%
  • Alex opens up a Kickstarter that will fail because of gremlins (no refunds)

Votes: 514 18.6%
  • Alex adds more useless features asking for more money

Votes: 1,027 37.1%
  • Alex goes full skitzo drawing crayon comics about his battles with gremlins

Votes: 312 11.3%
  • Alex takes all the criticism to heart and improve his life

Votes: 56 2.0%
  • Alex will troon out becoming Alexia

Votes: 763 27.6%
  • Alex does a flip

Votes: 629 22.7%

• Total voters

DONALDTRUMPPP

RADICAL MARXIST-BIDENIST
kiwifarms.net
Ah, Terry. He could kick YanDev's ass in coding.
Understatement of the century, dude knew machine language.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lo9A2X8zU4
He graduated with a degree in electrical engineering from Arizona State University, and his grades are still across the internet. All of them are pretty excellent. A quote from the man himself:
"Everybody knows electrical is higher in the engineering pecking order than CS because it requires real math ;) ."
We know he created an entire OS, with fully independent functional apps including some games. He also worked several years as a programmer at TicketMaster programming VAX Machines.

In comparison Alex has an associate of arts in Animation degree from Santa Monica College
You can check the course material he graduated with from the college page:
http://www.smc.edu/StudentServices/...ciate_Degrees/entertainment_technology_as.pdf

No where in the degree is coding a requirement. His only prior education is being homeschooled.
Also the hilarious description on the web page for the Associate degrees:
"All Associate degrees offered at Santa Monica College are designed to provide students with the necessary skills to compete successfully in related job markets. Completion of an Associate degree usually will not adequately satisfy transfer major requirements."

All the grade requirements to graduate from such a course are pretty low as seen from the webpage
http://www.smc.edu/StudentServices/...tificates/AssociateDegrees/Pages/default.aspx
There's only 2 direct existing evidence of yandev posessing any coding related ability:
1.His 3 years work at 'Kung Fu Factory' developing mobile games. Knowing Alex, how much of his code working there wasn't just spaghetti code or copy pasted code from other sources just like yansim's assets being ripped from other games, direct color swaps from the unity store?
2. Yan sim, and we all know how the code in yansim is.

LitmusPaper

kiwifarms.net
What a fucking piece of shit. Oh wait sorry, even a piece of shit is worth more than him.
Even a lowly pile of shit contributes something to society, because it can be used to fertilise soil to grow crops.

What does Alex contribute?
At best entertainment, due to his own incompetance and apparent need to control what everyone says about him.

DONALDTRUMPPP

RADICAL MARXIST-BIDENIST
kiwifarms.net
Glad to see Alex doesn't have anything better to do, such as testing the character that is "super finished, I swear" that was announced 4 years ago.
That's not Alex no? The discord username at the bottom left shows someone else, unless that is Alex alt or one of his jannies.
Nevermind, didn't see alex released the archive for download.

Russtard

I have the right to fuck 9's and 10's
kiwifarms.net
The only project I would at least slightly trust is if there is already a full pre-existing team of competent people who know each other.
Any project that heavily relies on volunteers will most likely fail.
I think this is why this idea is such an autism magnet to begin with. A team of competent programmers and designers would probably be spending their time working for money at a legitimate company. When you pay people a salary, they have an incentive to shut up and work. And I don't know of any corporation that wants to attach its name to the thesis statement of "murdering children in a school setting." At least not in the US.

When you don't have a budget, the only thing motivating people is internet asspats. Which is only going to draw sub-par attention whores and teenagers.

DestroyerDio

kiwifarms.net
I think this is why this idea is such an autism magnet to begin with. A team of competent programmers and designers would probably be spending their time working for money at a legitimate company. When you pay people a salary, they have an incentive to shut up and work. And I don't know of any corporation that wants to attach its name to the thesis statement of "murdering children in a school setting." At least not in the US.

When you don't have a budget, the only thing motivating people is internet asspats. Which is only going to draw sub-par attention whores and teenagers.
I also do not understand why both Alex and Dr. Apeis insist on the characters being of high school age.
Couldn't the same concept be created but instead of high school to make it university setting and characters being in the early 20s and also not include mechanics such as "panty-shots" which was clearly put in Yansim because Alex is a sick fuck.
I think this change alone would make bigger companies much less uncomfortable.

Heck, TinyBuild was ready to work with Alex before he fired them so I think there still would be someone willing to fund such project if team was good.

DONALDTRUMPPP

RADICAL MARXIST-BIDENIST
kiwifarms.net
I still don't understand how tinybuild forgave $31,000 from Mahan just because he threatened to turn his fans against them. Either it's a really small amount for them or they are really sensitive about PR.
In an alternate universe, Alex blames not 'Gremlins' but 'TinyBuild' for delaying his progress with Osana.
Will they possibly pick up the case later?

Neurotic Loser

Lurker who needs to Lurk MOAR
kiwifarms.net
I also do not understand why both Alex and Dr. Apeis insist on the characters being of high school age.
Couldn't the same concept be created but instead of high school to make it university setting and characters being in the early 20s and also not include mechanics such as "panty-shots" which was clearly put in Yansim because Alex is a sick fuck.
I think this change alone would make bigger companies much less uncomfortable.

Heck, TinyBuild was ready to work with Alex before he fired them so I think there still would be someone willing to fund such project if team was good.
The Highschool age thing is the whole point of having a Yandere Simulator. The game is based on Anime harem tropes where most of the characters are highschoolers. Usually because highschoolers are the main target audience for that stuff. Making the characters older would destroy the core idea of the game (which is a spin on harem tropes) and make characters worse by them acting rather immature for their age.

However I will agree with you on the pantyshot mechanic. The pantyshot mechanic is a very poor way of implementing ranchy fanservice. The problem with it being that the character/player is actively being encouraged to do perverse acts rather than the player being a bystander/innocent victim to these acts.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
I still don't understand how tinybuild forgave $31,000 from Mahan just because he threatened to turn his fans against them. Either it's a really small amount for them or they are really sensitive about PR.
In an alternate universe, Alex blames not 'Gremlins' but 'TinyBuild' for delaying his progress with Osana.
Will they possibly pick up the case later?
Doubt it. I'm more amazed that another publisher is trying to have a deal with him right now. I thought they will contact Alex's previous publisher and nope out after they hear a story about 32k and "I have a fanbase", but here we are.