Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan - Developer of Osana from 2014 till the sun fucking explodes

What will happen to Yansim?

• Alex works less and less on his game as he rides out his tugboat

Votes: 1,205 43.2%
  • Alex drops the game and becomes a fulltime streamer

Votes: 390 14.0%
  • Alex opens up a Kickstarter that will fail because of gremlins (no refunds)

Votes: 520 18.7%
  • Alex adds more useless features asking for more money

Votes: 1,033 37.1%
  • Alex goes full skitzo drawing crayon comics about his battles with gremlins

Votes: 313 11.2%
  • Alex takes all the criticism to heart and improve his life

Votes: 56 2.0%
  • Alex will troon out becoming Alexia

Votes: 769 27.6%
  • Alex does a flip

Votes: 635 22.8%

• Total voters

ThatDumbPhilosopher

Dumbass-in-Chief
kiwifarms.net
Ehm, 505 games, I think. From mail leaks it seems that they contacted Alex and tried to sign a deal with him. And Alex mentioned on discord couple of days ago, that they can have a deal, if he changes two "non-crucial" things in his game.
He have no excuses to refuse that "help" right now, given how deep he is into the septic tank.

DestroyerDio

kiwifarms.net
Ehm, 505 games, I think. From mail leaks it seems that they contacted Alex and tried to sign a deal with him. And Alex mentioned on discord couple of days ago, that they can have a deal, if he changes two "non-crucial" things in his game.
Has anyone placed the bets what are those two "non-crucial" things? I bet that they requested the removal of the pantyshot mechanic and maybe altering that substitute teacher rival.

Anyone have the e-mail archive? I remember there was the mega link but never really went through it.
I am also interested in this archive.

• Agree
Reactions: cdrSaturn

Your Local Neko Girl GF

Big Fat Cat Tats
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
He have no excuses to refuse that "help" right now, given how deep he is into the septic tank.
Yeah, but at the same time they have no reason to approach him. Back in the days of the deal with TinyBuild his reputation wasn't as bad as it's today, when dunking on him becomes more and more of a trend. He already has one failed deal with a publisher and the sole reason are his own arrogance and stupidity. The prime of his game in terms of popularity is long gone, more people have grown up out of this game than he has fans right now. His fans are mostly children and you can compare views on his channel to his Patreon to see the problem - much more people are willing to watch than people who are willing to pay. Also, good luck with selling a game, that's banned from Twitch and likely won't be on Steam.

I bet that they requested the removal of the pantyshot mechanic and maybe altering that substitute teacher rival.
That still wil be a game about killing underage children in various ways. If they will be changed into "above 18" then why they are at scholl? If school will become a college, the weebs are going to leave him.

I am also interested in this archive.
Anyone have the e-mail archive? I remember there was the mega link but never really went through it.
Go through @Not Based or Redpilled posts, it should be there.

• Agree
Reactions: dynmk and SIGSEGV

coachmuppet

kiwifarms.net
Updating a multitude of scripts, testing the Scheme, and fixing any bugs related to the Scheme is a huge investment of time. As a result, it very – VERY – time consuming to make a Scheme become fully functional. Because there are 17 elimination methods, that means there are at least 17 Schemes, which creates a tremendous amount of work. I estimate that creating a functional Scheme for each of Osana’s elimination methods would add multiple weeks to her development time! That’s the last thing that anyone wants…but, without Schemes, people might not know how to access all of the content in the demo!
The problem isn't finding the bugs; its more of him failing to understand why the bugs occur. He has big enough of a fanbase, including youtubers, to play test his shit. Adding schemes is not an efficient way to flush out bugs in his case, and adds an excuse to do useless busy work. It's like when someone who doesn't know how to do a difficult class project, and procrastinates by doing other things that seems productive; but, after they are all done with the side-chores, the project still hasn't made any progress. Also, by not addressing the real flaw, which is lack of abstraction, and doing these micro fixes, eva is in a perpetual whack-a-mole bug fixing state(eg, the infinite body part glitch)

chlorine

ありがとう。
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, while I was still lurking this thread, there was a point in which I felt that Alex had stopped being funny. It was around October or November of last year, a few weeks after Hate and Shame came out. There was this extended period of time in which Alex hadn't done anything worth discussing and there were barely any new posts being made in the thread. I honestly thought that the thread had died. Looking back on all of it now, I clearly was wrong because Alex has not stopped being funny. In fact, 2020 is probably the worst year so far for both him and his shitty game (after 2018 in my opinion). The Discord speedruns, the cum chalice memes, the LL devs trying to one-up him, even more expose videos made on him...this has been a terrible year for Alex.

And I think it'll only get worse for him from here on out.

Last edited:

args

oh lawd he comin'
kiwifarms.net
I think, alex should release (unfinished) Osana now to please his fans and give them ammunition against gremlins.
The obvious problem, that Osana is unfinished, could Alex try to avoid like the devs of Hitman 2016 and publish finished parts of the game.
In his blog, Alex says that 6/17 unique elimination methods with Schemes are complete. Why not publish a pre demo build containing a working Osana and the first Scheme? He could publish one Scheme every 2 months or sth like that to use his fans for playtesting and to detect bugs in the Scheme or System.
When published between a reasonable time span, Alex would have enough time to fix bugs and work on uncomplete Schemes

Muskrat

kiwifarms.net
I think, alex should release (unfinished) Osana now to please his fans and give them ammunition against gremlins.
The obvious problem, that Osana is unfinished, could Alex try to avoid like the devs of Hitman 2016 and publish finished parts of the game.
In his blog, Alex says that 6/17 unique elimination methods with Schemes are complete. Why not publish a pre demo build containing a working Osana and the first Scheme? He could publish one Scheme every 2 months or sth like that to use his fans for playtesting and to detect bugs in the Scheme or System.
When published between a reasonable time span, Alex would have enough time to fix bugs and work on uncomplete Schemes
Realistically, its only going to be "effective ammunition" for a week or two, before everyone starts pushing him to complete rival no. 2 (out of 10). Everyone has been so focused on the drama and Osana that they haven't really taken the time to look at the story and what Alex wants the game to be as a final product. He still has to get voice acting, animations, routines, AI, cutscenes, and story development done for each individual rival, and its still ignoring the bigger issue that the games architecture is crap and requires a complete overhaul to see performance benefits. Him bringing on a 3rd party developer would help the games development drastically, but they'll first have to fix all of his shitty unreadable and poorly organized code, and then move onto the game mechanics.

Muskrat

kiwifarms.net
Ngl, Alex has great manipulation skills considering he can make everyone think Osana is ready now for - idk - fifth time?

Kinda weird that someone like him doesn’t have a good job and a girlfriend but I guess his laziness, creepiness... overweigh.
He is a creeper in real life, but all of the posts which I've seen of him are surprisingly normal. His 4chan posts from 2009-10 are exactly what I would expect from a typical anon at the time, and in fact, his early streams on /v/ didn't have any negative connotations (I'm guessing that him being told to fuck off was a product of him either psuedotripfagging out of the ass or him fucking up big time in his stream to the point that everyone realized what type of person he is). Him not finishing the game isn't because of intelligence problems (He is probably above-average in intelligence), but rather a collection of problems like depression, learned helplessness, apathy (or some problem with taking initiative), social awkwardness, self-hatred, a victim-complex (girls are the problem not me!), and of course his shitty personality. He is very calculative when he writes posts, and presents information in such a vague and convoluted way that his fans never get the chance to catch on. The suicide bait was intended to remain a secret, and against Drapeis it managed to be somewhat effective even, but his downfall was when mods leaked the logs for everyone to see (Should've emailed drapeis instead to prevent this). He is hiding his horrible management skills behind his good writing skills.
He dug this hole for himself and him getting out is going to take him spending weeks inside doing push-ups and squats, and later using all four of his limbs to slowly inch his way to the top. At this point he would need some serious willpower to fix everything stifling his progress.

Last edited:

Ramen Timer

Which do you like better; ramen, or me?
kiwifarms.net
Okay, LL is just as bad as YS now. It's a shitshow.

View attachment 1488986
This exact fucking stunt has happened in one project I was working on, and it pisses me off.
Whenever someone leaves or is kicked out for unjust reasons, as soon as someone revokes access to use their work, they always pull the "whatever you create for __ is officially mine and by submitting anything you're giving up the right to use or own it" tactic.

chlorine

ありがとう。
kiwifarms.net
This exact fucking stunt has happened in one project I was working on, and it pisses me off.
Whenever someone leaves or is kicked out for unjust reasons, as soon as someone revokes access to use their work, they always pull the "whatever you create for __ is officially mine and by submitting anything you're giving up the right to use or own it" tactic.
I haven't even been involved in a project of that sort and I still think it's BS. This game will 100% not make it past the end of the year.