Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan - Developer of Osana from 2014 till the sun fucking explodes

What will happen to Yansim?

• Alex works less and less on his game as he rides out his tugboat

Votes: 1,204 43.2%
  • Alex drops the game and becomes a fulltime streamer

Votes: 389 14.0%
  • Alex opens up a Kickstarter that will fail because of gremlins (no refunds)

Votes: 520 18.7%
  • Alex adds more useless features asking for more money

Votes: 1,033 37.1%
  • Alex goes full skitzo drawing crayon comics about his battles with gremlins

Votes: 313 11.2%
  • Alex takes all the criticism to heart and improve his life

Votes: 56 2.0%
  • Alex will troon out becoming Alexia

Votes: 769 27.6%
  • Alex does a flip

Votes: 634 22.7%

• Total voters

chlorine

ありがとう。
kiwifarms.net
So, does this imply that any previous assets (i.e. Bow-chan) aren't their's? Because DrApeis is fucked if Shortcake gets the copyright and he keeps on using the character.
I don't know everything about copyright, but I think that Apeis can't use Bow-chan/Minami Aikawa anymore after Shortcake's copyright goes through. That's why brand new yandere and Senpai characters respectively have recently been created.

Brimjack

kiwifarms.net
Okay, LL is just as bad as YS now. It's a shitshow.

View attachment 1488986
Not really, don't get me wrong LL is a giant dumpster fire (and their shit is giving Alex some time to breath while everyone is focus on Apeis shitshow) . That's really a common practice, while you're working on a project with a team, and every freelancer should know this before starting to searching for gigs, you always need to ask if you have the "rights" to keep the work for your portfolio and if they said "no" then you just leave (unless you really need that money) but again that is established in the deal (or a contract) from the get go.

In Alex case he has volunteers but all the game is made by HIMSELF because you know he as a degree in animation and shit, he just have "volunteers" that help him in "simple" task like (make all the animations/models/textures) but it's all by himself and if anyone tries to leave he just guilt trip them to leave their work... i mean "his work"

chlorine

ありがとう。
kiwifarms.net
I've decided to finally join the farms after lurking for a while.

Hard to imagine that I used to be a fan of this guy years ago.
Hey! Welcome to the farms! I used to lurk the site for a while too before joining almost a month ago. I also used to be a fan of Alex before finding out all of this embarrassing stuff about him.

at least its C+

great googly moogly its all gone to shit
kiwifarms.net
Not really, don't get me wrong LL is a giant dumpster fire (and their shit is giving Alex some time to breath while everyone is focus on Apeis shitshow) . That's really a common practice, while you're working on a project with a team, and every freelancer should know this before starting to searching for gigs, you always need to ask if you have the "rights" to keep the work for your portfolio and if they said "no" then you just leave (unless you really need that money) but again that is established in the deal (or a contract) from the get go.
While it is very common practice it still requires a terms and agreement, a simple discord message doesn't cut it. For freelancers, it usually requires signing an NDA before beginning any work, or if it's less official, like a contest, there usually is a fine print agreement when submitting your work ( such as "By submitting your work, you forfeit the right as a copyright holder etc. etc., Click 'Agree' to continue"). How is he going to prove that someone saw and consented to a discord message.

Also you cannot retroactively copyright something. Dr.Apeis clearly is under the assumption that as long as monetization is not at play then it is FFA, which is not how it works. In official gigs, any discussion about copyright is backed up by a contract, no matter how minuscule.

Gunt.Inc

Munch Munch
kiwifarms.net
I'm astonished none of them thought about at least googling and learning a little about copyright considering they were using volunteers copyrighted material in there game. Did they think they where going to be friends for life or something?

Banworld

Never knows best.
kiwifarms.net
>create rip-off game to spite former idol
>have secret online identity exposing you as a fag
>create debunk pages to prove you're totally a cool dude and not a nigger
>ban people from discord who say bad things about you
>shamelessly steal assets from volunteers

Lmfao I'm looking forward to when the first demo drops and I can add 'shitty, buggy code' to the list

easymodo

kiwifarms.net
I also do not understand why both Alex and Dr. Apeis insist on the characters being of high school age.
Couldn't the same concept be created but instead of high school to make it university setting and characters being in the early 20s and also not include mechanics such as "panty-shots" which was clearly put in Yansim because Alex is a sick fuck.
I think this change alone would make bigger companies much less uncomfortable.
IIRC Dr. Apeis and co are a bunch of minors. It is infinitely less creepy for team LL to be making the game set in a highschool especially if they are inspired by anime. It's not like shounen hasn't been dismembering its characters since forever ago. I don't exactly read shounen that much anymore, but I know for a fact children get dismembered/brutalized in HXH so mature themes in media marketed towards children isn't anything new. Making a highschool with murder and panty shot currency with a yandere running around is pretty weak compared to School Days and Deadtube. Deadtube especially, since the brutalization of characters via any means necessary is the 'currency' there.

Actually, Dr. Apeis and pals making it set in high school is the only logical conclusion based on the fact that they are minors who watch/like edgy anime stuff. Their target audience is also probably people like them (usually you set the age of the protagonist/etc to the age you want to market towards, even if you don't do it consciously)

However, the fuck old Alex is? (IIRC 30+) -- making it about highschoolers in the west is actually kind of cringe/detached from reality, where your game is this creepy fetishization and racist caricature of Japan (specifically of Japanese minors). Alex is old enough where he should know better. And this could all have been avoided if the game was somewhat grounded in reality, such as resembling real Japanese students, and closer to a real Japanese high school. Dead ass, if this game ever comes out Alex is going to get memed out of existence by actual Japan for being a disgusting Otaku NEET. There are all kinds of things he has done that would be a giant no go in actual Japan. If I had to maybe throw a nonobvious guess? Stealing assets is absolutely one of the worst things you can do, or so I've been lead to believe.

I'm sure they'll label it some kind of densetsu no kusoeroge, easily. But yeah, sort of related. Most of yansim student names will look like this to Japan, and I think it's funny to think about:

Attachments

ExciteDyke

Keep on playing good ball
kiwifarms.net
At this point for anyone genuinely interested in these games coming to fruition you'd be better off just downloading some hitman mod that turns everyone into anime chicks, that's what all of these games are anyway, a joke mod for an actual good video game that you wanna make into a serious thing.

carltondanks

kiwifarms.net
did any of you guys see this yet? the site's been hacked or something https://yandere-simulator.com/ (http://archive.md/cSud2)

1596328484972.png

1596328533719.png

1596328594330.png

edit: it's fake, unfortunately

That isn't the real website. https://yanderesimulator.com/ is. Still pretty funny that it exists though, as it will be indexed by Google and other search engines, and if enough people flood it via Google, it might be able to overtake the genuine website in terms of popularity.
100% chance this delays Osana.
Edit: Whoever did this put a fuckload of effort in apparently. Every page I've checked has been modified.

Last edited:

Trappin in the Trap

You really let the abyss stare back unto you? Ew.
kiwifarms.net

Muskrat

kiwifarms.net
That isn't the real website. https://yanderesimulator.com/ is. Still pretty funny that it exists though, as it will be indexed by Google and other search engines, and if enough people flood it via Google, it might be able to overtake the genuine website in terms of popularity.
Edit: Whoever did this put a fuckload of effort in apparently. Every page I've checked has been modified.
alex.png

debunk.png

Last edited:

Ningen

The new n-word
kiwifarms.net
did any of you guys see this yet? the site's been hacked or something https://yandere-simulator.com/ (http://archive.md/cSud2)

View attachment 1489510
View attachment 1489512
View attachment 1489513

edit: it's fake, unfortunately
Now, this is a kind of alogging I can get behind. :story:

Catgirls are Love

Make Catgirls Purr Again
kiwifarms.net
Well, nice to see that with the new build Alex remains as incompetent as always despite being directly told about this particular issue by at least two volunteers.
YouStupidShit.PNG
QualitySetttings,vSyncCount = 1;
or
private int fps_cap_so_i_dont_fry_gpus = 60;
Application.targetFrameRate = fps_cap_so_i_dont_fry_gpus;

or that little checkbox under settings you refuse to check.

Alex managed to shave 50MB off of the July 16th build, bringing the game down to 2.45GB. I'll see if there's anything else interesting in this dumpsterfire later.