Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan - Developer of Osana from 2014 till the sun fucking explodes

What will happen to Yansim?

• Alex works less and less on his game as he rides out his tugboat

Votes: 1,197 43.2%
  • Alex drops the game and becomes a fulltime streamer

Votes: 387 14.0%
  • Alex opens up a Kickstarter that will fail because of gremlins (no refunds)

Votes: 514 18.6%
  • Alex adds more useless features asking for more money

Votes: 1,027 37.1%
  • Alex goes full skitzo drawing crayon comics about his battles with gremlins

Votes: 312 11.3%
  • Alex takes all the criticism to heart and improve his life

Votes: 56 2.0%
  • Alex will troon out becoming Alexia

Votes: 763 27.6%
  • Alex does a flip

Votes: 629 22.7%

• Total voters

DONALDTRUMPPP

RADICAL MARXIST-BIDENIST
kiwifarms.net
I've decided to finally join the farms after lurking for a while.

Hard to imagine that I used to be a fan of this guy years ago.
I wasn't really a fan per se but I thought he was an alright dude. I watched some of his streams, and only thing that struck me out was how perverted he was( all the weird slurping noises he made at female vidya chars, the panty shot mechanic), then again you see worse behaviour among weebs so I didn't think much of it. I thought his voice was great for narrating stuff.
I saw the vid of him attending a con and thought it was some average looking guy, then all the leaks slowly started appearing I think it was the Yanderre Dev Data Digger or someone, I saw something about him flirting with a minor and all those incellite posts on whatever forums he visited. That chat with the dude who worked on Skullgirls.
The game being delayed infinitely still is what struck me as the biggest redflag so far.

They have a fake blog too
https://devyandere.wordpress.com/2020/07/31/i-owe-you-an-apology/

Lmao is this real

Activelo

kiwifarms.net
Welcome to the Farms.
Hey, I was a fan of him years ago too. If nothing else, it was a lot easier to be his fan when he wasn't years into the project with so little to show.
Stay safe out there.
Yeah, I became aware of the game back when it was set at the old school and the newest feature at the time was Senpai's reactions being implemented. Fucking five years ago.

I wasn't really a fan per se but I thought he was an alright dude. I watched some of his streams, and only thing that struck me out was how perverted he was( all the weird slurping noises he made at female vidya chars, the panty shot mechanic), then again you see worse behaviour among weebs so I didn't think much of it. I thought his voice was great for narrating stuff.
I saw the vid of him attending a con and thought it was some average looking guy, then all the leaks slowly started appearing I think it was the Yanderre Dev Data Digger or someone, I saw something about him flirting with a minor and all those incellite posts on whatever forums he visited. That chat with the dude who worked on Skullgirls.
The game being delayed infinitely still is what struck me as the biggest redflag so far.
For me, with all of the shit Alex has done, it was a matter of when, not if.

inflated bigmac

kiwifarms.net
That isn't the real website. https://yanderesimulator.com/ is. Still pretty funny that it exists though, as it will be indexed by Google and other search engines, and if enough people flood it via Google, it might be able to overtake the genuine website in terms of popularity.
100% chance this delays Osana.
Edit: Whoever did this put a fuckload of effort in apparently. Every page I've checked has been modified.
Genuinely impressed by the fake website, even the about page was edited.
It's obvious that they were trying too hard by the repeated use of the cum meme but there were some pretty funny edits.

1596337866162.png

1596337785454.png

I actually do want it to overtake the official website just for the hell of it. I can already imagine Alex throwing a tantrum.

Kuritan Deplorable

kiwifarms.net
So now that most patreon pledges have been charged, it looks like the bump in revenue is legit, at least for now. Excluding that guy who seems to keep popping on and off with the $100.
1596338662048.png

Whats noticeable to me is that it syncs up with the July 14th blogpost, but his actual number of patrons has continued its decline. I somehow doubt that someone caught wind of the project in all the controversy and decided to give it hundreds of dollars, as the spike initially indicates. But, we know his moderator team is already simping out and splurging on them $100 sponsor tiers. I suspect one or two of those core donors have upped their pledges.

Also, guys, is it really that hard to just read the last page or two before immediately posting to the thread?

Whitesnake

GΔCTGΔCTGΔCTGΔCT
kiwifarms.net

deepFriedBaka

Those dang dirty gremlins
kiwifarms.net
"Oh. Hey. Remember when you made a bunch of drawings and you told people not to use them without your consent? Well, I've decided to fix that little issue by retroactively modifying the agreement so that Love Letter owns EVERYTHING you submit to us, despite me not knowing what copyright is, because it would suck if you left the project and took your work with you." - DrApeis.

Also, I had a feeling Apeis was an awful manager, and the giant list of abuse reports from the server don't do anything to convince me that he isn't.

roob

it's roob time!
kiwifarms.net
People might be overhyping the development for a game that exists only in concept and is being spearheaded by an in-over-his-head first-time indie dev that has no plan and is flying by the seat of his pants?

Where have I heard this story before? 🤔

View attachment 1489876
i'm in the LL discord. there are people in the voice chat every day, and it's complete and utter chaos. i wouldn't expect anything less from discord but it is still pretty crazy to imagine how these people live their lives.
Apeis is only 16 (i think, i could be wrong, please correct me if i am), and honestly i don't think he deserves the hype he's getting. however the fact that he did what yandev did over 6 years in 2 weeks is kinda incredible to me!

Kuritan Deplorable

kiwifarms.net
i'm in the LL discord. there are people in the voice chat every day, and it's complete and utter chaos. i wouldn't expect anything less from discord but it is still pretty crazy to imagine how these people live their lives.
Apeis is only 16 (i think, i could be wrong, please correct me if i am), and honestly i don't think he deserves the hype he's getting. however the fact that he did what yandev did over 6 years in 2 weeks is kinda incredible to me!
What he did really isn't that incredible. It is, or rather it at least appears to be, competent. If Apeis is indeed 16, or some range under 20, that pushes it from 'competent' to 'noteworthy'. But its still nothing to get riled up over. If someone gave me all the relevant asset packs, I could have it built, packaged, and released at that level in a couple weeks as well. That being said, I would rather gouge my own eyes out and use them to give myself a colonoscopy before doing such a thing.

The reason I say 'appears to be' is that we still haven't received something playable. What we have received is some mediocre drama stemming from a young, dumb programmer not realizing the difficulty and effort involved in opening a project to community contribution, and the mess that mishandling it causes. And Alex has done a far more impressive job of mishandling a community, so I don't really care much about that either.

Muskrat

kiwifarms.net
What he did really isn't that incredible. It is, or rather it at least appears to be, competent. If Apeis is indeed 16, or some range under 20, that pushes it from 'competent' to 'noteworthy'. But its still nothing to get riled up over. If someone gave me all the relevant asset packs, I could have it built, packaged, and released at that level in a couple weeks as well. That being said, I would rather gouge my own eyes out and use them to give myself a colonoscopy before doing such a thing.

The reason I say 'appears to be' is that we still haven't received something playable. What we have received is some mediocre drama stemming from a young, dumb programmer not realizing the difficulty and effort involved in opening a project to community contribution, and the mess that mishandling it causes. And Alex has done a far more impressive job of mishandling a community, so I don't really care much about that either.
It was pretty much confirmed too that Drapeis is Narwhal (Shitty dev of shitty game) in the Loveletter thread. Not only is he completely incompetent when it comes to managing moderators and volunteers, but he completely lied about his identity and how long it took to make the game (It re-used assets from WNM and Narwhals game). As I've stated before, he is nothing more than an opportunist that took advantage of the power vacuum created when the subreddit was hacked, despite having no idea or experience developing a game of this scale.