Cultcow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart Mahan - Developer of Osana from April 2014 to September 2020, Crowdfunding Never

How much money will the Kickstarter pull in?

• Total voters

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The first draft of the story was perfectly serviceable for the type of game this is; a school girl falls in love with an upper class man, Info Chan comes in and encourages her to kill people
Actually, Alex was getting shit for that, since it made no sense and still doesn't - how the hell this is "YANDERE Simulator", if you kill people out of someone else's volition? On the other hand, Ayano is not a yandere - she is a fucking robot without interests. enjoyment and purpose in life, which wasn't Alex's idea either, by the way.

Alex obviously just picked too big of a scope for him to handle as a newbie developer such has himself.
No, he picked nothing, at the beginning he wasn't even sure if this pile of trash should have cutscenes an social life, hell, he outright asked people "what should it be". He just posted again and again those ten rivals with a nurse, teacher and sister, but really had no plans of adding them - he just wanted /v/irgins to suck his cock. He went with it until he got popular and then was kinda forced to add them to continue his act.

2016 would of been the perfect year for this to come out
Eh, it's all so tiresome. For the tenth time - THERE IS NO WAY ALEX IS MAKING ANYTHING THAT CAN BE CONSIDERED A FINISHED GAME IN HIS FUCKING LIFE. Why? He is not a developer, he is not even an "idea guy", since the only thing he regularly comes up with is excuses, he is a LARPer. He merely pretends to be developer for asspats.

Audioponics🎵⛲

kiwifarms.net
New blog post: https://yanderedev.wordpress.com/2021/05/19/may-19th-bug-fixing-build/

That’s because my next task will be to do what I talked about in my most recent video – demonstrating my ability to put 10 rivals into the game in a timely fashion.
I recently finished watching Attack on Titan season 4, which re-awakened the AoT fanboy that was hibernating inside of me, so I decided to update the Titan Mode easter egg a bit.
After hearing about the Titan Mode update, you might be thinking, “YandereDev! You just released a video about all the problems that resulted from getting side-tracked during development, and now you’re telling us you just spent your time updating an old easter egg?!”
But, please, relax. This is probably the last time I’ll add or edit an easter egg for a long while. Now that I’ve gotten it out of my system, I feel ready to turn my attention to that “Putting 10 rivals into the game in a timely fashion” plan [...]
I am super eager to jump straight into the development of that “10 rivals” [...]. However, there are still a handful of minor improvements I want to make to the game. If I don’t make those improvements now, then they’ll have to wait [...].

For emphasis:
demonstrating my ability to put 10 rivals into the game in a timely fashion.
It’s a little difficult to predict exactly how long that will actually take, so I feel like I should take care of those minor improvements sooner rather than later.
So, there might be a long gap between the next build and the one that comes after it.

Comments
I wish there was a way to active the easter egg without completing the Osana story if you delete the game.
OKAY I am REALLY excited about Titan mode, and even though you SAID that the next build you release was going to be a bug-fixing build, and still SUPER sad! I cannot wait to see what your plans are to implement the rivals! You’ve put the spark back in my heart for Yandere Simulator, and Daddy YanDev, I WANT MORE! I can’t wait, and I will be here the second you upload it!

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am super eager to jump straight into the development of that “10 rivals” [...]. However, there are still a handful of minor improvements I want to make to the game. If I don’t make those improvements now, then they’ll have to wait
So... Just like with Osana?

And no blog-post about the art-contest winners? Well, that will "reignite the interest" to this fucking game for sure.

penisaquarius

kiwifarms.net
Dude has been streaming for 3+ hours every single day for the past 9 days and is updating a god forsaken easter egg but he's still certain his gullible fans will believe that he's got the willpower to finish 10 whole rivals in a "timely fashion". And well, after seeing my fair share of what people comment under his manipulative videos, he's right about them eating that up.
"Well, if Osana is kinda-sorta-almost finished (is she though?), it should be a piece of cake to get all the other rivals done!" He's been saying that since forever, hasn't he? She was chaotically released 8 months ago and he's not even done getting his shit together. Will it also take almost a year to clean up the buggy mess caused by the addition each rival? See you guys in 2031 then, unless I'm beeing too generous with the date.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Actually, I've talked about people that aren't like Alex, but what about people who are? I am not diving too deep, so there won't be too many links.

Phil Fish. "But he made FEZ!" - well, I thought that too, until I checked a Wikipedia article about it. Fish wasn't a programmer, wasn't a composer, some art is credited to him, but otherwise he was just a designer. Idea for the game actually belonged to programmer Shawn McGrath, who after some time left FIsh, because he wanted to make a puzzle game, when Fish wanted a platformer (just like Cave Story, even though he said "Japanese games suck"). Since Fish was working only on licensed games before, he had no idea how to make it, so he found another one. Yeah, he was just an idea guy, like certain someone. If you wonder how good of a team lead he was, keep in mind that it took 5 years to make FEZ and even after that game was riddled with bugs. All that time he was showing his shitty attitude by either talking about "killing himself if FEZ fails" or sperging on Twitter about targeted harassment. He probably sucked enough cocks in the indie scene, since this game was getting awards even before it was released. Years after barely anyone remembers this game, but everyone remembers how Philly sided with Blowie Zoe and quit gaming industry/canceled FEZ 2 after a long meltdown on Twitter. He is the perfect representation of a mediocre narcissistic dev, who had single somewhat good idea in his life and thought that he is the next Tim Schafer.

Derek Smart. Boy, oh, boy, if this story is tragic and funny at the same time. Also, it is older than all of us. Back in the late 80's Derek played a game called Jetfighter and thought to himself "hey, I can make a better one". Noble beginning, but clearly Derek had no brakes, since what he wanted was basically 90's version of Star Citizen. And it went even worse since Derek spent more time hyping his game on Usenet, than actually working on it, to the point of calling it "THE GAME" i.e. the most ultimate space sim that will ever be. Back then people on the internet were much more gullible, they were glad to wait for it. And wait, and wait, and wait... Litteral years went by, but Derek was still hyping "THE GAME" and people started treating him like a bullshit artist. Instead of shutting up and concentrating his efforts on the development, Derek had done the opposite and began taking part in any flame war about himself he could ever find (it wasn't hard, since in early 90's internet wasn't nearly as massive). Even though his game was very far from even the beta stage, articles about it were showing up in magazines and he was actively looking for a publisher, but many of them were smart(pun intended) enough to ignore him, until in 1995, almost 7 years into development he signed a contract with Take Two. There was only one little problem - during that time technology was moving at the increasingly faster rate and Derek couldn't keep up and kept delaying it. First release date of Christmas 1995 came and went, then May of 1996, in the end Take Two from his own words "pressured" him to release it in October of 1996, since project went over budget multiple times at that point. As you may expect the release was a complete disaster - bugs, crashes, missing features, terrible interface, etc. To rub a bag of salt in the wound, Smart's haters now had a fuckton of ammunition against him and went on a rampage, Derek obviously joined them. To his credit though he kept releasing patches throughout the years until his game was somewhat playable, but to his discredit it was nothing like what he was describing all those years - boring empty space with nothing to do. He later released multiple games of the same qualities, but since autism is on the rise, even they got a fanbase in the end. He is also a vivid hater of Star Citizen, which is ironic as fuck. Otherwise, Derek Smart is the perfect example of a developer, who choses to make something impossibly ambitious, despite not having required experience or knowledge and instead keeps wasting his time on defending his image.

Also, there is a good video about him, part two - never.

Brianna Wu. That's right, our Johnny is not only a professional victim, but he is also a gamedeveloper! Revolution 60 was "made" our rather shat out by him just to prove a point that "women" can make games too" and it fucking shows - game is mostly stolen assets, stolen music, stolen everything. Gameplay and plot is something that you can expect from a lunatic, who spergs about launching moon rocks and crypto mining consuming all the electricity on planet Earth - nonsensical mini games among gibberish with blandest characters possible. And bugs, lots of bugs, of course. As you may expect, when the reception of this "game" was mostly negative, Wu just claimed that it was harassment campaign by trolls. Brianna Wu is the perfect example of a developer who is making games for every reason, but making games.

Miguel Carroll. Miguel was the lead in Behavior Online - studio responsible for Eternal Crusade. Since the announcement he was promising a lot of stuff, like a big open world without loading times, thousands of players on one battlefield, multiple missions for one objective, squad system, transports, etc. It wasn't just unseen before in WH40k games, but in games in general. If game wasn't unrealistic enough, fans began asking for different features and he hinted that they may add them in the future. Now take a guess what type of games Miguel and his team were making before that? That's right, fucking licensed games! That should've been the first red flag, but people were devastated by the cancellation of Dark Millennium and wanted to fill the void with something, even with absolute delusion. Shitshow continued and then Miguel said that they aren't going to do crowdfunding and immediately announced founders program - pay 80 bucks for every future feature i.e. "crowdfunding, but without Kickstarter". He kept lying his way through this by sucking up to WH40k fans and streamers, even stating that "we're making this game for /v/ players, not the publisher or ourselves" and that they are going to make what's been promised no matter how little money they are going to get. In the end, he was forced out of his own studio, new lead realized that he had to work with a bunch of game ideas that probably aren't going to work together and overall unattainable, so he tried to play it off like "well, we are going to make battle part first and then the other stuff", but it didn't help much - after multiple delays game was met with rather mixed reviews, went F2P, never reached the promised scale and can be considered dead. Miguel Caroll is the perfect example of a gamedeveloper, who has nothing but vision, however, tries to bullshit his way through by pretending to be player's friend and hoping that somehow someday he will make what's been promised.

Watch longer version of this trashfire here, but keep in mind, that author downplays Miguel's fault in all of this and blames it all on the publisher.

James and Robert Romine a.k.a. two halves of brain that formed Digital Homicide. None of their"games" had custom models, just piled up Unity assets, what little programming they did was on par with Alex's and their idea of gamedesign was even worse than Wu's. However, that's not not what made them infamous, that should be credited to their constant harassment of anyone who was even little critical of them to the point of filing false DMCAs and lolsuits against Steam users, who left negative reviews under their games. To this they admitted 0 of their wrongs and still try to play victims. James and Robert Romine are the perfect example of a gamedevelopers, who refuse to improve and instead chase their critics and scream about harassment.

I don't know their names, so I'll post it like a game.

StarForge. Basically, Eternal Crusade/Battlecruiser AD and Yandere Simulator. Lots of promises, lots of vision, lots of support at the start and lots of stolen assets, lots of bugs and lots of banned users on the subreddit in the end. Basically, team of multiple Alexes tried to bullshit their way through without having any idea how to make games. The result is predictably terrible.

Last edited:

Gaia Soraka

kiwifarms.net
I feel like the best way for him to prove to his fans that he's serious and is actually working on the game would be to stream himself working all day instead of streaming games. He could have chat off to stop hate from distracting him, plus have accountability and pressure to finish the fucking game. He would be opening himself to criticism of his code, but who cares at this point. The code has already been leaked and the ''elseif'' jokes have dried up.

He'll probably never do this, but it's the most feasible way I can think of to motivate this man to finish what he started and get on with his life. He keeps complaining about having spent almost a decade on this piece of shit, as if he isn't the reason it's taken this long.

Most of the people that have been following Yandere Sim since the start have graduated high school and college at this point. Most of them have long since moved on from the game, while Yandere Dev is still stuck with this mess that he created. I think people who are still loyal fans just want to see this game finished once and for all. Just fucking release it for free at this point.

Catgirls are Love

Make Catgirls Purr Again
kiwifarms.net
I feel like the best way for him to prove to his fans that he's serious and is actually working on the game would be to stream himself working all day instead of streaming games. He could have chat off to stop hate from distracting him, plus have accountability and pressure to finish the fucking game. He would be opening himself to criticism of his code, but who cares at this point. The code has already been leaked and the ''elseif'' jokes have dried up.
He's already stopped just short of doing that; I know he's done at least a few livestream sessions that involved him doing things on random Unity projects that weren't YanSim, but I didn't care enough to watch to see how they went.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
to stream himself working all day
He can't, since he doesn't work on it all day. During 4chan era he admitted that he is working somewhat around 3 hours a day, then moved to 10-12-whatever the fuck hours a day, but his progress didn't become 3-4 times faster. He wastes that time on whatever else.

and the ''elseif'' jokes have dried up.
If he keeps showing his code, they will be back at full force. Come to think of it, the first pics with his spaghetti were from those "coding streams". On one of them he even said, that he knows that there are far better options than "if-else" strings, but he doesn't want to try them.

Also, IRC he has (at least he had) a couple of code slaves, so... Should he stream them doing his work?

Gaia Soraka

kiwifarms.net
He can't, since he doesn't work on it all day. During 4chan era he admitted that he is working somewhat around 3 hours a day, then moved to 10-12-whatever the fuck hours a day, but his progress didn't become 3-4 times faster. He wastes that time on whatever else.

I know he doesn't work on the game all day. If he did, it would be done by now. My point was that he should start now and show his progress live.

If he keeps showing his code, they will be back at full force.

He won't see the jokes unless he actively looks for them. Every community of his is heavily moderated, either by him or by his slaves. If he has his chat off on stream and just works, the criticism shouldn't bother him.

Now that I think about it, streaming could get other, more competent game devs to give him friendly advice and suggestions. Streaming would be a net positive for him, but he just can't see that because he's too focused on preventing the dreaded elseif jokes.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My point was that he should start now and show his progress live.
How? He has no fucking idea what he is doing and will never have any. He will just stream himself looking at the screen and switching tabs with his private chat and anime.

He won't see the jokes unless he actively looks for them. Every community of his is heavily moderated, either by him or by his slaves. If he has his chat off on stream and just works, the criticism shouldn't bother him.
Now think about the fact, that no one posts videos about him in his communities, but he still goes after them. Then about Hate and Shame, even though back then barely anyone was actively fucking with him. Hell, he even attacked Tumblr blogs about him, that had ONE POST. Here is your answer.

more competent game devs to give him friendly advice and suggestions
Nov 20 04:44:34 <EvaXephon> D: Everyone hates my fighting game! They think it's awful! You're awful, Mike!
Nov 20 04:44:44 <wippler-wrokn> im awful? how am I awful?
Nov 20 04:44:54 <EvaXephon> Laughing at my code, calling me unemployable... You just wanted to make fun of me! You're just like 4chan!

Boy, oh, boy if your advice is wrong on so many levels.

Glowie

Terry Davis' inner voice
kiwifarms.net
There should be a poll how long will it take this trashfire of a "original game" will get shit canned.

Fuck there are games that deliver more content and progress where a den made all art assets, code and own engine from scratch with their own money; this hooknose just flounders about in his echo chamber and a tugboat.

Dozens of one man passion projects and small teams with little to no funding pushed hundred or more games while this pedo has been polishing a literal turd and still use the same assests and YanDev still thinks that he is hot shit.

It amazes me that YanDev manager to recreate fall of Spoony in game development circles.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It amazes me that YanDev manager to recreate fall of Spoony in game development circles.
Well, it's debatable, since Spoony was good and productive at some point. Alex's never been any of those, he just had "but it's only alpha-beta-v-slice", "it's all placeholders" and "I will hire professionals" excuses in the beginning, but years went by and it stopped working, so he moved to absolute denial, outright lies and blaming it all on depression, caused by gremlins. It perfectly reflects his streaming days, since he couldn't learn to interact with a chat, stop pirating games or actually learn to play instead of cheating his way through. Then when his numbers plummeted to single digits, he blamed it all on everything else, but himself.

Last edited:

Glowie

Terry Davis' inner voice
kiwifarms.net
Well, it's debatable, since Spoony was good and productive at some point. Alex's never been any of those, he just had "but it's only alpha-beta-v-slice", "it's all placeholders" and "I will hire professionals" excuses in the beginning, but years went by and it stopped working, so he moved to absolute denial, outright lies and blaming it all on depression, caused by gremlins. It perfectly reflects his streaming days, since he couldn't learn to interact with a chat, stop pirating games or actually learn to play instead of cheating his way through. Then when his numbers plummeted to single digits, he blamed it all on everything else, but himself.
I mean YanDev got help from TinyBuild, where he could've learned something, coding, modeling, art and limits of the engine and game optimization. YanDev spat in face of professional and said basically "Don't tell me how to code", ruined his relationships with YouTube.

What did he with the boost he had? Bitch and shill on /v/, act like a degenerate and started to push away his friends and content creators and managed to ruin the miniscule fanbase that he had. YanDev isn't a OG of YouTube like Spoony. YanDev Managed to ruin everything and create eternity projects that will never see light of day e g Spoony Movie to Yandere Sim. Playing the victim and crying "Oh woe is me" and making different content that he originally promised IE adding characters, stealing more assets instead of fixing the game and optimizing it.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
where he could've learned something
I highly suggest you to read this post about his education and this one about his early days in YS threads. Alex never learns. Period.

Also, TIny Build gave him 100% creative freedom from in own words and that was more than enough to kill this project, even though it wasn't alive to begin with.

What did he with the boost he had? Bitch and shill on /v/, act like a degenerate and started to push away his friends and content creators and managed to ruin the miniscule fanbase that he had. YanDev isn't a OG of YouTube like Spoony. YanDev Managed to ruin everything and create eternity projects that will never see light of day e g Spoony Movie to Yandere Sim. Playing the victim and crying "Oh woe is me" and making different content that he originally promised IE adding characters, stealing more assets instead of fixing the game and optimizing it.
Oh, it's so tiresome. That would imply, that Alex wants to make games. He doesn't - he wants to get asspats and since he knows nothing but games (which is debatable too, considering his retarded approach to gamedesign), he can achieve that only by LARPing as "streamer/game journo/developer". Yes, he thinks about "releasing it someday somehow", but only because other developers do it. If he could get asspats forever, he would do it, he would fucking do it.

That's why I'm gonna say it again - there is no way Alex is releasing anything that can be considered a finished game in his lifetime.

Audioponics🎵⛲

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I wonder how that "UNSCRIPTED YanDev Interview" by one of the members of his Discord server and volunteer could be biased and absolutely retarded. However, I will touch upon the topic of people Alex surrounds himself with in the future. Just briefly.

Yeah, it is as non-mediocre as you may expect from Alex.

First place, character and three steaming pieces of YS merch.
View attachment 2177021

So he chose this one, because of a jacket? Clearly he didn't give much of a fuck.

Second place, DOLL design and two T-shirts with a model from Unity store.
View attachment 2177031

This is literally one base used 13 times! Fuck, some of their faces are barely different! Spirit of copy-paste, I see.

Third place and only one pillow case with scared/bloody teenage girl in her undies.
View attachment 2177033

Yeah, this contest in a nutshell is "many artists draw Ayano". This is shockingly uninspired, but, hey, that's Alex.

In conclusion, it almost feels like he just randomly quickly picked three winners and then tried his best to justify it. No surprise he mentioned this contest ONCE in a completely unrelated video briefly near the end. Pathetic.
I decided to look into the discord again. Apparently the winners where chosen by the community and not by Alex himself. I'm not even sure he selected the top 30. Sounds more like medibang selected them for him.
So maybe he had even less to do with the art contest then we thought.

1621803871377.png

Bruh 😳

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I wonder how that "UNSCRIPTED YanDev Interview" by one of the members of his Discord server and volunteer could be biased and absolutely retarded. However, I will touch upon the topic of people Alex surrounds himself with in the future. Just briefly.

Yeah, it is as non-mediocre as you may expect from Alex.

First place, character and three steaming pieces of YS merch.
View attachment 2177021

So he chose this one, because of a jacket? Clearly he didn't give much of a fuck.

Second place, DOLL design and two T-shirts with a model from Unity store.
View attachment 2177031

This is literally one base used 13 times! Fuck, some of their faces are barely different! Spirit of copy-paste, I see.

Third place and only one pillow case with scared/bloody teenage girl in her undies.
View attachment 2177033

Yeah, this contest in a nutshell is "many artists draw Ayano". This is shockingly uninspired, but, hey, that's Alex.

In conclusion, it almost feels like he just randomly quickly picked three winners and then tried his best to justify it. No surprise he mentioned this contest ONCE in a completely unrelated video briefly near the end. Pathetic.
He had a voting on his discord. The winner was the first art people saw when they entered the discord channel, so that's probably why it won. It's not a bad artwork but other submissions were superior.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So maybe he had even less to do with the art contest then we thought.
He had a voting on his discord. The winner was the first art people saw when they entered the discord channel, so that's probably why it won.
Thank you.

>"I love art-contests!" "And when Medibang approached me, I said "yes, please!"
>obviously approached Medibang, not the other way around
>"I hope it will reignite interest in my game"
>didn't bother to tweet about it once in two months after that
>mentioned this contest ONE SINGLE TIME in the unrelated video about Raibaru, two weeks before its end
>awards are merch and character in the game that will never release
>contest itself is flooded with blood and gore, drawn by children
>and dozens of new cum chalice memes
>turns out he didn't read rules on Kickstarter Medibang and didn't know how winner is chosen
>in the end pushed choosing a winner on his discord

This is so Alex, that I wonder how he didn't accuse Medibang in the fact, that YS is still banned on Twitch.