• "The entire point of that site is to kill mentally ill trans women"

Careercow EvaXephon / Yanderedev / Alex Mahan / Alexander Stuart MahanDeveloper of Yandere Simulator & With the face only a mother could love

Discussion in 'Lolcows' started by vertexwindi, Apr 10, 2016.

Forum Guidelines

Lolcows are people and groups whose eccentric or foolish behavior can be "milked" for amusement and laughs. They are not countries, political figures, celebrities, your highschool bully, or some random YouTuber who doesn't involve himself in drama.

• Be civil.

Don't get angry over Lolcows. If you need to tell people you're better than someone, you're probably not.

• Hide your powerlevel.

Avoid revealing intimate, embarrassing details about yourself. This is not your blog and we are not an asylum.

• Don't backseat moderate.

You are not a moderator. You do not decide if a thread is to remain open or not. You do not decide if someone is a lolcow or not.

• Don't white knight.

Don't turn threads into an intervention. If you want to help, contact them privately. True lolcows reject advice.

• Do not create topics about forum members.

If you believe someone discovered by their account on the forum deserves a thread, ask staff first.

• No trolling plans.

We are not an autistic Illuminati. If you embarrass yourself or the forum trying to troll, we will ridicule you.

• Topic titles should contain aliases.

Keep thread titles as brief as possible and use all their different usernames.

• Archive everything.

Use archival tools to preserve content forever. Upload directly to posts where applicable.

?

Pick a Side

1. Memes

248 vote(s)
    67.2%
  2. Edge

121 vote(s)
    32.8%
  1. Thank Markplier, Pewdiepie, and co..

• Feels Feels x 18
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    Hat

Hat Tranny Sayaka Miki
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. Im going to play the fuck out of this game.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    kiwifarms.net
  3. Thanks for contributing to the autism guys, but the dev was already producing enough of it on his own.

• Feels Feels x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Jewelsmakerguy

Jewelsmakerguy Now with reflective shade

kiwifarms.net
  4. I think he mispronounced "yandere."

• Agree x 6
    • Informative x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Islamic Content x 1
    • Autistic x 1
    trombonista

trombonista Just Like in an Ero Doujin
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. His degree is in animation? He's made a lot of development issues out to be problems with lacking animation assets and he always seemed extremely reliant on volunteers for this stuff. For the longest time, he's cited not having a male animation rig and not having killing animations as something holding him back from implementing a lot of stuff.
    So he has a degree in animation, but he lacks the ability to make even placeholder animations for himself?

• Like Like x 12
    Ferls

Ferls Not Farael

kiwifarms.net
  6. Well the panty shots and criticism e-mails aren't going to handle themselves, you know.

But still, it's fucking sad that the man can't animate his own placeholders.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    Jewelsmakerguy

kiwifarms.net
  7. So much for having an animation degree if he can't even make his own assets. I thought the Unity models were placeholders. Looks like I was wrong.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    IceGray

IceGray "Dude, where's the bus?"

kiwifarms.net
  8. This begs the question what kind of animation did he produce in college?

Found a old profile (ca 2005) from the Santa Monica College here:
    http://www2.smc.edu/schedules/archives/profiles/2009/091/mahan_alex.html (Archive)

It looks like he took online courses. He has an Associates degree in animation not a Bachelors or Masters (yes you too can be the king of cartoons if the price is right). Never-mind the risk involved in pursuing an arts degree of any kind.

Tho producing such notable alumni as Arnold Schwarzenegger it is important to distinguish between a community college arts education and one obtained at say Cal Arts (alums now at Pixar etc).

Could this also be our guy on a adobe forum:
    https://community.mixamo.com/hc/en-...-and-Exciting-Animations-for-Fast-Paced-Games (Archive)

He's talking about this: https://www.mixamo.com/

So far I have yet to find any examples of animation he's done outside of Yandere Sim.

• Informative Informative x 14
    HoloSkull

HoloSkull In-Terror-G8tor Playboi

kiwifarms.net
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    vertexwindi

vertexwindi Hitler 2.0

kiwifarms.net
  9. To be fair to his use of canned MDickie wrestling animations and his inability to just throw an animation together. An AA degree is a two year degree and he was also studying:

"Interactive Technology, Video Graphics and Special Effects."
    The definitions used here can be vague, but they fall into wildly different disciplines. How good is he in After Effects and Nuke? Does he do pyrotechnics? As far as I know he doesn't do special effects why does he even mention it?

Video Graphics can be anything from Motion Design Typographical hipster spergery to bare bones baby easy video editing.

Interactive Technology probably was his main focus, but with just two years...? What can you cover adequately in that span of time? I haven't even mentioned Modeling, Texturing, Lighting, Rigging....
    What did he animate a walk cycle?

As scatter shot as it all is he did manage to hold a job for three years in his field of study. I know next to nothing about code, but his chronic email woes are overblown.

I didn't see this link in the thread:
    http://yandere-simulator.wikia.com/wiki/YandereDev (Archive)
    Check out the trivia. He's apparently Dandere.

• Informative Informative x 17
    HoloSkull

HoloSkull In-Terror-G8tor Playboi

kiwifarms.net
  10. I'm not sure that a guy whose understanding of Japanese society has been entirely gained from rubbish anime full of panty shots, gag boobs and waifu bullshit should be trying to critique it. Hell, I'm not sure someone who seems to get his views on women from panty shot anime should be writing a story about a teenage girl and the way she relates to other teenage girls, even if those girls do all have neon hair and a nasty case of sameface. Seriously, is there a single character in this game who isn't a stupid anime stereotype as defined by TV Tropes?

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Helvetica Scenario

Helvetica Scenario Helvetica is a very, very rare occurrence.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. The only thing that matters to me is whether or not the game is shit, it's a yandere meme game which was thought up on /v/ and I would've been surprised if the dude wasn't a huge sperg. I still would have pirated it even if he wasn't funded by neo-nazis.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    A.Shitposter

A.Shitposter Citizen of Neo-Kiwifarms

kiwifarms.net
  12. Friendly reminder that this guy gets over $5000 per month for free when volunteers do the majority of the work

• Feels Feels x 19
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Baby Pom

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  13. There is indeed a fine line between genius and insanity...

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. This game is a shitty meme

• Agree x 22
    • Like x 4
    • Feels x 4
    • Winner x 2
    • Semper Fidelis x 2
    #55 cumrobbery, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    cumrobbery

cumrobbery trial captain
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  15. So, what's the proof that EvaXypherion is YandereDev, other than a random reddit post?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Late Late x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    selere

selere Autism Pride World Wide

kiwifarms.net
  16. Nevermind how fucking hard picking up a corpse and trying to run with it would be since you're literally trying to carry a limp corpse your own weight. This is a teenage girl after all, not an Olympian athlete.

No, that's typical for programming. There are two ways that glitches occur: not dotting your "i"s or crossing your "t"s or if he programmed it in such a way that code would conflict without setting up code to resolve the conflict.

The programming isn't what causes chugging, it has to do with your computer's ability to draw the content it's loading, [Graphics, sound, ect] being able to manage all that shit at once [RAM] & keeping up with the frame rate. The programming can cause chugging if you make it draw too much shit at once. This is the reason why graphics would disappear into a fog in old PS1 games like Army Men: Sarges Heroes and Silent Hill, they optimized the draw for graphics for the hardware's limits.

I can tell you right now that this guy is lazy as Hell though. Cannibalizing animations & taking programming shortcuts, like letting you use the running stats to dispose of a corpse because he was too lazy to make the dragging sequence go faster & then patting himself on the back whenever he fixes basic problems. That said, it doesn't surprise me in the least that he's into this Yendere shit.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    #57 MarvinTheParanoidAndroid, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    MarvinTheParanoidAndroid

MarvinTheParanoidAndroid This will all end in tears, I just know it.

kiwifarms.net
  17. To be frank, it wasn't like the dragging animation was any better or any less awkward looking than the new animation. And it probably wouldn't have changed even if he fixed it instead of outright replacing it.

• Like Like x 5
    Jewelsmakerguy

kiwifarms.net

18. That's obviously Eva's weird mug and YandereDev's creepy voice. Same person ∎

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    vertexwindi

vertexwindi Hitler 2.0

kiwifarms.net
  19. He did. A+ work.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    clowney

clowney Wielder of "Hliterist Magic"