Everyday Feminism - aka Everyday Autism

Sissy Galvez

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gaslighting is another term that has been totally ruined. I don't think people can handle any word or phrase that doesn't have an extremely well defined meaning.

My other issue with microagressions is that the rich college types of Everyday Feminism use that as their sole way of talking about racism. I think it's because they really hate talking about class, 'cause they're rich and pretending like being rich and black means you're not privileged. Really awful racism disproportionately affects the poor, but yet...what happens to them also generally happens to white people, just less often. So maybe black people get unfairly evicted more than white people, but white people still do get unfairly evicted. Everyday Feminism/The Root types openly hate poor white people (they hate poor black people too, they just don't say it as loud), so they can't talk about that--like, I've seen people saying that if you say you want to help the working class, you're racist, because they think only white people are working class or something. And because they've never experienced true hardship, because of economic privilege. Time for more kvetching about white people with dreadlocks!
They don’t like discussing class because it’s an equalizer and it prevents them from playing the supreme victim card (their skin color). Poor whites and poor blacks suffer from the same problems that you described (unfair evictions, traffic tickets/jail disproportionately affect both, taxes are unfair, healthcare, child care, time-off, sick time, etc).

If you solve class issues (mandatory vacation/sick time, universal healthcare, economic safety nets, etc) you pretty much solve the majority of people’s problems. I just wish we had these things because it would further invalidate the everyday feminism/root types and push them back to the fringe where they are ignored and belong.

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
They don’t like discussing class because it’s an equalizer and it prevents them from playing the supreme victim card (their skin color). Poor whites and poor blacks suffer from the same problems that you described (unfair evictions, traffic tickets/jail disproportionately affect both, taxes are unfair, healthcare, child care, time-off, sick time, etc).

If you solve class issues (mandatory vacation/sick time, universal healthcare, economic safety nets, etc) you pretty much solve the majority of people’s problems. I just wish we had these things because it would further invalidate the everyday feminism/root types and push them back to the fringe where they are ignored and belong.

The weird part is sites like everyday Femminism tacitly defend and support the current status quo by ensuring working/underclass class people of differant backgrounds are proactively discouraged from identifying with each other.
https://everydayfeminism.com/2017/01/women-poc-need-economic-justice-too/
They're bassically the left wing equivelant of mega-churches. A nice show but nothing of value is actually provided-you're still poor, ignorant and your life still sucks, but now you have something simple to blame, a little shot of eurphoria and false salvation keeps you sane and docile.

Meowthkip

We had fun, didn't we?
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I remember reading an article and the husban was treated like a racist threat and how it seemed like he should be honored that his wife lets him visit his parents. She thought they were racist and refused to visit them.

That is straight up emotional abuse.

Holy shit, get that man a divorce.

Jungle Princess

Hippie Nature Lover
kiwifarms.net
I remember reading an article and the husban was treated like a racist threat and how it seemed like he should be honored that his wife lets him visit his parents. She thought they were racist and refused to visit them.

This also seems to be the way if the woke black person is dating someone of a different race and woe is if the relatives don't think like her. If I remember correctly there was one that was a lesbian with a Hispanic girlfriend and the family was viewed as racists.
Do you remember the title of the article?
The weird part is sites like everyday Femminism tacitly defend and support the current status quo by ensuring working/underclass class people of differant backgrounds are proactively discouraged from identifying with each other.
https://everydayfeminism.com/2017/01/women-poc-need-economic-justice-too/
They're bassically the left wing equivelant of mega-churches. A nice show but nothing of value is actually provided-you're still poor, ignorant and your life still sucks, but now you have something simple to blame, a little shot of eurphoria and false salvation keeps you sane and docile.
A perfect example of virtue signaling.

Dracula's Spirit Animal

Plot twist! I'm actually a sentient used tampon!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Zap Rowsdower

The Canadian Chuck Norris
kiwifarms.net
So what I'm seeing is that emotional labour is bassically is the individual involved being callous, obstrusive or lazy but they're rationalizing it? I was considering if anyone at everyday femminism just thinks to themselves "OH JUST FUUUUCK OFF I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU, YOU FUCKING PRICK." because they're all super polite and are terrified of micro aggresions-now I know they do they just call it emotional labour because emotional labour for them is basic interactions with people they don't want to do.

The best response to "emotional" labor was in a Twitter thread I came across a little while ago.

EmotionalLabor.png

Imagine being so woke you treated all your relationships purely as transaction.

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
The best response to "emotional" labor was in a Twitter thread I came across a little while ago.

View attachment 584763

Imagine being so woke you treated all your relationships purely as transaction.
If your friends are legitimately mentally ill, you should tell them to go see a therapist. When I was 17 I had younger friends whose parents didn't approve of therapy who would unload on me, and it made me really uncomfortable, like, if I say the wrong thing, are they going to kill themselves? If your friend just needs to vent about their girlfriend breaking up with them, that's one thing, but if you're their constant emotional sponge for their severe issues, it's hard.

Jozef

kiwifarms.net
Not the one you are referencing, but there are a surprisingly large number of "racist in-law" sorrowstories out there...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/why-i-cut-my-racist-in-laws-out-of-my-life_b_57a8f8b5e4b02251db3fd335

HuffPo, of course.

Not exactly sure her in-laws are the intolerant ones.

It's like all those "how to survive your bigoted family" posts that pop up around Christmas. The ones who complain about family being "bigoted" are the ones that ruin the mood and steer every conversation towards social justice bullshit. For every one SJW family member, there's a whole house full of people who quietly wish they would just shut the fuck up for 5 minutes and let everyone else enjoy the family gathering.

iafiv

kiwifarms.net
So how do you know your in-laws are racist?I mean do they have confederate flags all across the house?Do they talk about how they hate blacks?Or ask questions like 'any of your relatives in prison?'And if they're so racist why in the world would they even accept a black person in their house or even want to deal with one in the first place?If your in-laws hate blacks would they even keep talking to their kid let alone the racially improper spouse of their kid?Something tells me a commited klansman would want nothing to do with their son anymore if their son got married to a black woman.

Steamboat_Bill

Going to beat the record of the Robert E. Lee
kiwifarms.net
It's like all those "how to survive your bigoted family" posts that pop up around Christmas. The ones who complain about family being "bigoted" are the ones that ruin the mood and steer every conversation towards social justice bullshit. For every one SJW family member, there's a whole house full of people who quietly wish they would just shut the fuck up for 5 minutes and let everyone else enjoy the family gathering.

The best way to survive your bigoted family is to just not invite them to the Christmas gatherings. I don't see that pop up in any of these articles. It works really well. If you have a relative who complains about the Mexicans and sodomites ruining the country, just stop inviting them and everyone will be much better off. (I can speak from experience.)

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The best way to survive your bigoted family is to just not invite them to the Christmas gatherings.

The people whining about their "bigoted family" aren't the ones inviting people to their homes for free food because they're the freeloaders showing up and bitching about their hosts instead.

So how do you know your in-laws are racist?

They voted for Trump, duh.

ATaxingWoman

Professional Tax Investigator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today on Everyday Memeism: women talking about reproductive rights is transphobic https://everydayfeminism.com/2018/1...out-reproductive-rights-more-trans-inclusive/

Highlights of the article:
– The pussy hats were rayciss because they were pink
– Why weren't people up in arms over the *shockingly* high number of 27 trans people killed in 2016 and estrogen shortages?
– We should say "people with uteruses" or "people who menstruate" instead of "women"
– Access to birth control and abortion are issues that only affect "white cisgender women"
– Trans people are forced to sterilize themselves when going on HRT
– Sex work is work!
– The movement for reproductive rights must become a movement for "trans justice"
– The author is a "queer, non-binary writer"

At this point, they should just go out and say it: the mere state of being female is transphobic.

AnOminous

Only the rarest and smuggest of Goodmans
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Vorhtbame

The prettiest zombie-slayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Today on Everyday Memeism: women talking about reproductive rights is transphobic https://everydayfeminism.com/2018/1...out-reproductive-rights-more-trans-inclusive/

Highlights of the article:
– The pussy hats were rayciss because they were pink
– Why weren't people up in arms over the *shockingly* high number of 27 trans people killed in 2016 and estrogen shortages?
– We should say "people with uteruses" or "people who menstruate" instead of "women"
– Access to birth control and abortion are issues that only affect "white cisgender women"
– Trans people are forced to sterilize themselves when going on HRT
– Sex work is work!
– The movement for reproductive rights must become a movement for "trans justice"
– The author is a "queer, non-binary writer"

At this point, they should just go out and say it: the mere state of being female is transphobic.

Women hate one another a lot, but I have never seen a woman hate other women so much as queer men hate women.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
Women hate one another a lot, but I have never seen a woman hate other women so much as queer men hate women.
This also doubles if they're woke. And no one hates like a woke person. Sure there are groups like the KKK and the Nazis, but at least you know where you stand with them and will see the knife they plunge into you. Woke people are more like high school mean girls.