Exposé: The “Whisper Network” Exists and Seeks to Destroy Male Comic Pros - Suprise suprise conspiracy right

Syaoran Li

All Punks Are Bastards
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nah, as long as Marvel has enough profit on their movie division, they're going to have more than enough spare change to sustain the living corpse of their comics division.
Problem is that the MCU is very much a "high-risk/high-reward" franchise where just one single movie even merely under-performing can hurt the franchise (see Disney's Star Wars trilogy) while a true and honest box office bomb can outright kill the franchise and by extension, possibly the entire capeshit movie genre for the foreseeable future.

The MCU has already reached its peak with Endgame, which was meant as the "grand finale" of the MCU when it first began and the Spider-Man movie they did was probably just a quick epilogue meant as a thank you to the fans. Due to some weird contract issues, X-Men can't get into the MCU for a while despite Disney's buyout of Fox and there's the unexpected factor of COVID-19 and how Disney in particular was hit hard by it.

Now Disney is scraping the bottom of the barrel for the fourth phase of the franchise since most of the old cast is gone and they can't feasibly bring in X-Men or Fantastic Four until the mid-2020's. They're bringing in "literally who?" tier characters that make the Guardians of the Galaxy from back in the 70's look like A-Listers as well as universally reviled "Woke Marvel" characters like Lady Thor and possibly even America Chavez.

The normies who provided the backbone of the MCU's success mainly tuned in to see how it would all play out with the big Infinity War/Endgame finale and they got it. Plus, COVID-19 has likely given those same normies more time to detox off the capeshit

The only movies announced for Phase 4 that I think will be guaranteed successes are the Black Widow prequel since she is a beloved character and this is apparently Scarlett Johanson's final role in the MCU (I get the feeling it was probably meant as a late Phase 3 film but got delayed) and Doctor Strange 2 since he's a well-liked character and Sam Raimi is supposedly going to direct it.

Anything after Black Widow and Doctor Strange 2 is in the running for being "the big one" that flops at the box office and kills the MCU, especially if it happens before they can officially get the X-Men into the franchise.

If the MCU crashes and burns, the mainline American comics industry dies with it.

At best, you'll see Disney and Warner keep Marvel and DC around as IP holding firms and to sell reprints of older titles and issues still popular with fans, essentially it'll be the usual omnibus editions you see for sale on Amazon and at Barnes & Noble.

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anything after Black Widow and Doctor Strange 2 is in the running for being "the big one" that flops at the box office and kills the MCU, especially if it happens before they can officially get the X-Men into the franchise.
It's off-topic, but just quickly, I think the sequels will all be fine at the Box Office; it's going to be the new stuff that will cause problems. Especially if they push on the woke stuff actually in the movie rather than just outside of it. Neither Black Panther or Captain Marvel were nearly as woke as they were made out to be, not that it stopped them being hailed as such.

But as for this - I mean, sure it's a duh, but there is a big difference between a conspiracy you only think exists and one you have solid proof for. Especially if you're trying to convince someone else. These groups exist outside of everything, nowadays, from mainstream comics to forums like Something Awful and ResetEra - basically anywhere a small handful of people want to exert control over a larger group. They are always political in nature, always have people eager to take an opportunity to be masters of their own fiefdom.

Discord, Slack, Facebook group - the trouble only really begins when they stop just bitching about other people and start working together to force things to happen the way they want. That sociopaths love groups like this is no surprise. That groups of women and their willing soyboys are frequently implicated is also no surprise, because it is a standard high school girl technique learned from the power of cliques.

I hope this Penny Parker has more info, and that they're also a woman. Because watching these little groups get exposed and all the members scuttle under rocks as they throw each other under the bus and deny all wrongdoing is premium salt and a very good time. But that will require fewer 'this is bad in my opinion' shots and more 'well, that accusation was based on nothing but lies' evidence.

Right now there's a good start - the cage has been rattled. Now let's see what comes out. That will be the fun part. The only problem so far is that Zoe Quinn will likely avoid consequences like she avoids the gym unless there's something truly explicit, and that's not her style.

Homoerotic Cougar-kun

Daddy's got a new ride, kiddies.
kiwifarms.net
A group of insiders and orbiters of an incestuous media industry, including Zoe Quin, coordinate attacks on a private platform?
That sounds weirdly familiar...
"Oh god it keeps happening"

"I warned you about collusion bro, I told you bro"

As much of a clusterfuck as Goobergrape was, that Journolist leak was just so utterly damning that it might have been one of the more important things to be brought to light in the whole mess. Yes, it is confirmed, there are cliques and cabals of insane fucking assholes colluding to fuck people they decide they don't like over for financial and other forms of gain, and there are a LOT of people they don't like. Zoe Quinn is and always was just some bitch, but things like the Journolist should have gotten EVERYONE'S attention.

Doctor Placebo

Soleimani's back. Tell a friend.
kiwifarms.net
Nah, as long as Marvel has enough profit on their movie division, they're going to have more than enough spare change to sustain the living corpse of their comics division.
What's hilarious is that most of the loons in the comic division are paid pennies to keep it chugging along now. Disney knows how to compartmentalize their budget, they know which side the bread is buttered on, and it ain't comics. The comic side is basically being propped as a nostalgic facade of days past. Like Soviet grain silos that are full of dirt, with a thin layer of grain on top. It should be in the comic writers' and artists' interest to try and bring in actual talent and stop the social engineering bullshit just to pump money into the flagging industry and make it healthy enough to pay decently again, but that's not something these spiteful hacks are capable of.

This is their club dammit, and they're not going to let anyone they don't approve of in, even if it means the building gets condemned and the lights and water are shut off. Then they'll blame straight white conservative men for ruining things for them.

Last edited:

Boris Blank's glass eye

Ring the bell, Roll down the street
kiwifarms.net
It should be in the comic writers' and artists' interest to try and bring in actual talent and stop the social engineering bullshit just to pump money into the flagging industry and make it healthy enough to pay decently again, but that's not something these spiteful hacks are capable of.
Well, meritocracy is giving way to "diversity", "equity", and "representation" in the entertainment industry these days, so I call :optimistic: while agreeing with your point. This new open letter signed by Rushdie, Rowling, and a bunch of other people, which rustled the progressives' collective jimmies could be a starting point, but it only got severe backlash 'til now.

IMO not shitting up any given industry would be in the best interests of those involved, but some people seem to be unable to think in the long term.

Dr W

I shall fear no evil
kiwifarms.net
Just make your own comics if you care about comics. Wokeshit is starting to slough away and hopefully there's an actual market. If not, whatever, merely existing pisses off SJWs and if you want revenge, it's easy.

• Agree
Reactions: Sundae

gobbogobb

lol
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Where’s the rest of this expose?

Something we didn’t already know about would be great.

Dr W

I shall fear no evil
kiwifarms.net
That's one of the main points of contention.
It shows that when one guy WAS making his own comic, and getting it published, groups like this one stepped in to prevent it from happening.
I was skimming because I'm not a comic autist, and must've missed that. Were they talking about EVS?

Crabbo

kiwifarms.net
Where’s the rest of this expose?

Something we didn’t already know about would be great.
I was skimming because I'm not a comic autist, and must've missed that. Were they talking about EVS?
Meyers.
There is information back to when he is talking with publishers, and these autists talking about 'talking' to people to get this deal cancelled.

Terrifik

kiwifarms.net
Meyers.
There is information back to when he is talking with publishers, and these autists talking about 'talking' to people to get this deal cancelled.
they are being drama whores trying to extend out the information tring make people panic & increase engagement . i expect new article week to get people interested with little none big bomb shells.

• Agree
Reactions: SuiSui1

Crabbo

kiwifarms.net
they are being drama whores trying to extend out the information tring make people panic & increase engagement . i expect new article week to get people interested with little none big bomb shells.
Very true, that's why dribbling this kind of information on the farms gets you slapped down.
Spoonfeeding shit for drama is pointless, and obvious attention whoring.

But since its a news blog, they can do whatever shit they want.
They aren't the farms issue to moderate.

emo goff

its too damn sunny for darkmode
kiwifarms.net
who the fuck cares, lol at spending so much effort going after basement comic artists and their equally smelly readers.
both sides are equally autistic here.

GedsForth

Lapsing libertarian
kiwifarms.net
I mean, it's cool to see all this evidence, but my only real reaction is "yeah, fucking obviously". Comics are basically a dead industry at this point, and all the comicsgate people have pretty well separated themselves from the big 2 and most of the indies and established their own niche.

I wish I could be more enthusiastic about this, cause obviously it took a lot of work to get this report and the first, but all it really does is prove something that every comic fan basically knew knew 2 years ago.

Terrifik

kiwifarms.net
I mean, it's cool to see all this evidence, but my only real reaction is "yeah, fucking obviously". Comics are basically a dead industry at this point, and all the comicsgate people have pretty well separated themselves from the big 2 and most of the indies and established their own niche.

I wish I could be more enthusiastic about this, cause obviously it took a lot of work to get this report and the first, but all it really does is prove something that every comic fan basically knew knew 2 years ago.
It's just for braging rights and spoiling a movie you have not seen by reading tv troopie plot points.
People use the word conspiracy to discredit people laugh at them but, when their right or begging for help because its happen to them
you can point back to this say (NO) & follow Jim metkour line( are you happy you put hand in fire found why you don't do this & why we know this is happening)

Czargon the Red

kiwifarms.net
It's funny because their books are mediocre at best. Even Gail Simone petered out just as the New 52 came and nuked Birds of Prey.

The only female comics writer in the West I can think of that's consistently good off the top of my head is Louise Simonson.

Reactions: TchPiKinmup

GedsForth

Lapsing libertarian
kiwifarms.net
It's funny because their books are mediocre at best. Even Gail Simone petered out just as the New 52 came and nuked Birds of Prey.

The only female comics writer in the West I can think of that's consistently good off the top of my head is Louise Simonson.
Gail Simone's been living on the legacy of Women in Refrigerators her entire career. If it wasn't for that controversy she wouldn't have had much of a career to begin with, nevermind her longevity in the industry.

Really, the more writers focus on social issues and petty politics, the worse things will get. If the american comics industry had collectively decided to set aside all that bullshit in like 2008 or 2009 and just focus on delivering a good product, they would surely not be in the mess they're in today. The fact that we live in a world where comic movies are top hollywood properties, but the big 2 can't move books the save their lives is absurd to me. The second "women in comics" became some sort of feminist cause, distinct from somebody of inconsequential gender who just works on comics, the industry was doomed.

Czargon the Red

kiwifarms.net
Gail Simone's been living on the legacy of Women in Refrigerators her entire career. If it wasn't for that controversy she wouldn't have had much of a career to begin with, nevermind her longevity in the industry.

Really, the more writers focus on social issues and petty politics, the worse things will get. If the american comics industry had collectively decided to set aside all that bullshit in like 2008 or 2009 and just focus on delivering a good product, they would surely not be in the mess they're in today. The fact that we live in a world where comic movies are top hollywood properties, but the big 2 can't move books the save their lives is absurd to me. The second "women in comics" became some sort of feminist cause, distinct from somebody of inconsequential gender who just works on comics, the industry was doomed.
Yeah I honestly agree that Simone kinda just didn't have a lot outside of making Birds of Prey be an action girls story.
It was fun because iirc, it was played straight for a long time and didn't get into virtue signalling.

What's funny as hell is that people have forgotten that themes aren't the focus of a story, but rather the story itself and its elements. I laugh when I see these woke people do shit like criticize Stan Lee's writing as bland and outdated when they can't write half as good as he could at any point in his career.

Tags
None