• ”The Internet sleuths at the site Kiwi Farms ...”

Facebook trying to get me to buy "stars" to support streamersWill this replace Twitch "bits?" No, because I don't buy that shit either

Discussion in 'Games' started by Haramburger, May 3, 2018.

1. First time seeing this, how new is it?
    upload_2018-5-3_15-51-33.png

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 2
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 1
    kiwifarms.net
    • Informative Informative x 3
    Piss Clam

Piss Clam Squeeze me.

kiwifarms.net
  2. Facebook is caught up in one of the largest data leak scandles in history .

Zuckerberg :Hold my beer and let's ask them for credit card info.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. Ad revenue model is dead. Video streaming platforms are trying to get consumers to directly pay for the content they consume via these stars/bits/super chats and take some of that fee profit from Patreon.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  4. I don't think it's dead, since print magazines still thrive on it rather than actual subscribers. I also don't think facebook realistically needs any more than 50 staff members to tweak features & keep the servers up when it was started by college kids. They could afford to scale back on the busy-work they call "labor." Honestly twitter having several thousand staffers is mind-blowing to me.

kiwifarms.net
  5. I haven't touched Facebook in years.
    I can only see so many pictures of somebody's kids and what they ate before I can't take it anymore.

How much longer until Facebook goes the way of MySpace?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Sword Fighter Super

Sword Fighter Super I hope the princess made lotsah spaghetti!
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. It's not about the platform company, it's about attracting/keeping content creators without having to really pay them. They monetize other areas of the site. The fact that they probably take a decent fee on these microtransactions is just bonus.

Clearly ad revenue is pathetic unless you're mega big, even before the ad-pocalyapse.

kiwifarms.net
  7. Link.

Huh. I had no clue this was happening, and I've got both a real account for family purposes and a burner account I use for everything else. Now I kind of wonder how much Facebook is paying them.

There doesn't seem to be any kind of central hub you can go to to watch ABC or XYZ game, though, is there? Unless I'm missing something this means discoverability must be close to nil for somebody starting out.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Elwood P. Dowd

Elwood P. Dowd Here, let me give you one of my cards.

kiwifarms.net
  8. I haven't see that yet, but I do use FB Purity and Ublock Origin on the site.

Anonymus Fluhre

Anonymus Fluhre No man fears what he has seen grow

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.