kiwifarms.net
garry1.PNG

garry2.PNG

garry3.PNG

garry4.PNG

garry5.PNG

garry6.PNG

garry7.PNG

(Sarcastic response towards people preferring Discord)
garry8.PNG

It seems the Facepunch forums have risen from the dead, so now’s as good of a time as any to start a Facepunch Forums thread.

What’s your experience with the Facepunch forums? Have they changed for the better or for worse? What’s some of your fondest or most heinous memories? Are they just a worse SomethingAwful knockoff? Is Garry Newman an insane masochist for bringing it back instead of just letting it die?

ScatmansWorld

kiwifarms.net
All I have to say about Garry is what a cunt he was for totally changing how Garry's Mod worked after it had been out for years.
Changing how Garry's Mod worked in which way? Are you talking about making it cost money or using steam workshop instead of toybox?

frozenrunner

Salt production has resumed at normal levels.
kiwifarms.net
Changing how Garry's Mod worked in which way? Are you talking about making it cost money or using steam workshop instead of toybox?
Steam Workshop, yeah. I had a ton of models and maps downloaded and couldn't figure out how to use them anymore, and instances I had saved just wouldn't load anymore.

Steam Workshop is great, but that was a really badly handled change that I'm sure annoyed a lot of users. Also, Rust is fucking terrible. Garry can kiss my ass.

ScatmansWorld

kiwifarms.net
Also fuck garry for now including spyware in his shitty JBMod ripoff that stole code from the original.
IIRC Garry's Mod used "Steam analytics" to view player data like hours played and IP addresses etc, and recently he decided to switch to GameAnalytics which does the same thing but is third party and separate from Valve. People still freaked out over this and Garry had to reassure them it wasn't invasive spyware.

garry_anal.PNG

Coolio55

<(0_0<) <(0_0)> (>0_0)> KIRBY DANCE
kiwifarms.net

BlazikenLover

kiwifarms.net
Facepunch changed for the worst, I get what kind of community Garry was trying to make but it ended up making a bunch of smug elitist insuferable cuntish children. The jannies he hired were some of the worst unqualified power trippers (maxof2sd comes to mind) and the forums got filled with trannies in latter years for some reason.
As for Gary he is an idiot, as much as I dislike knockout for being filled with the same tranny jannies I couldn't stand they are right in being pissed off at Gary pulling this. Why? Because the cunt spent 4 or so years remaking the damn site only for him to pussyfoot with "iunno if I want to keep the forums up, they are costly" for nearly a year until he pulled rhe plug, during that time he managed to piss off what became knockout even further.
Garry is an unfunny cunt who thinks he is hilarious for pissing off his userbase in the faggiest of ways, then turns around and plays dumb when people call him out for the cunt he is or leave.
Two events that come to mind are the minecraft subforum, an admin made one to please people then garry threw a fit and deleted it, there was a lot of drama surrounding that and the subforum was restored. The other involved making a big spectacle of banning NSFW content, aaround the same time Rust was getting big, big thinker there, there was a sort of witch hunt against coomers (who mostly kept to themselves in their own threads), I'm sure a lot of people left after that shitshow.
Lastly I remembered jessecar used to be on facepunch, I wonder how many more groomers got their start there.

Coolio55

<(0_0<) <(0_0)> (>0_0)> KIRBY DANCE
kiwifarms.net
The other involved making a big spectacle of banning NSFW content,
They never checked the dragon thread apparently ...or is this a case of (((they knew)))???

Also, Maxofs2D is a legendary grade faggot. His constant meltdowns mean even knockout take the piss out of him. I'm pretty sure he's turned on literally everyone who's worked with in the past. (Including the one big thing he had a small part in, the project leader of "A Hat in Time")

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Coffee Shits

BlazikenLover

kiwifarms.net
They never checked the dragon thread apparently ...or is this a case of (((they knew)))???

Also, Maxofs2D is a legendary grade faggot. His constant meltdowns mean even knockout take the piss out of him. I'm pretty sure he's turned on literally everyone who's worked with in the past. (Including the one big thing he had a small part in, the project leader of "A Hat in Time")
I remember the dragon thread regulars complaining about it, don't recall the specifics though. I believe they moved to a steam group or skype afterwards.
As for Max I am aware of how much of a faggot he was/is, first having slapfights with mechatheslag over a server with a bunch of custom weapons and gamemodes. I recall the reason he was made into a janny simply being "he is helping garry with animations in gmod/rust" and I don't quote me on this, but I believe he got little work done.
I am aware he worked on a hat in time yet I don't recall any drama regarding that.

Another guy I remembered was one of the TF2 subforum regulars, can't remember his username but dude was (in)famous for posting update threads and would whine if anyone else did so. At one point he had a meltdown over reddit for something trivial, then got endlessly mocked and banned for posting his opinion on a news post about a kid who accidentally shot himself.
I wonder if there are any archives because at this point I'm going off on what I remember or was told.

Edit: found the guy, his name was wickedplayer494
WickedPlayer494_kills_the_universe.png

The guy moved onto the tf2 subreddit where he became a mod, then in 2019 people started a petition to remove him from the position citing the then 3 years old post. He is supposed to be on knockout now.

Last edited:

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
The guy moved onto the tf2 subreddit where he became a mod, then in 2019 people started a petition to remove him from the position citing the then 3 years old post. He is supposed to be on knockout now.
It was actually a bit more autistic than that: they had the subreddit vote for kicking Wickedplayer494 out, after Wicked himself asked for mods to do this during an argument where they pointed out no one liked him, and then he stepped down in a "You can't fire me I quit" bitch move. That should be where the story ends...

...But then the old moderation team from the subreddit's inception then used Wicked stepping down to stage a subreddit coup, where those votes were taken to mean ALL the new guard should step down and anyone who even mildly defended Wicked was to be kicked out (including a subreddit favorite, TheSpookiestUser, who was one of the best mods who quite literally did nothing wrong and actually gave a shit about the community), with the old mod team reinstating themselves and the old rules.

As for Wicked himself, he's moved onto the r/globaloffensive subreddit for his autistic update posts (even though none of the users like him) and is still just as power-trippy. His recent escapades involve sending several anonymous reports that flooded the moderation staff's modmail over a user who made a thread before him, citing "threadjacking WILL NOT be tolerated" as a reason for this user to be banned, alongside constant sperging on Twitter over the past year whenever a prominent community member posts about an update, be it information about a new update (supported by Valve themselves finally becoming more active on Twitter at that point) or new information about an Operation.

Solely because he doesn't want anyone talking about it EXCEPT him. ...Crazy motherfucker even speaks about himself in the third-person, like a bot. I'm honestly surprised no one's made a thread on him yet. Dude is a weapons-grade narcissist, a massive prick, and legitimately obsessed with Reddit karma to an unhealthy degree.