Facing ‘Cash-Flow Crisis,’ the U.N. Cuts Hiring, Heating, Escalators and the A.C. - United Nations slated to run out of funding by October's end.

Keystone

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why the fuck is the US paying so much towards this bullshit, in the first place? What about that sweet fucking HQ building in New York? Who owns that? Is that the UN's, or is that American property that they're crashing in?
I may be (probably am) wrong but I think the land the building is built on was (still is?) owned by the Rockefeller family. Either they or the US government owns the land and lets the UN use it.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
I may be (probably am) wrong but I think the land the building is built on was (still is?) owned by the Rockefeller family. Either they or the US government owns the land and lets the UN use it.
I think it was P.J. O'Rourke who said something along the lines of "they tore down a perfectly good slum to build the UN building".

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
Looking forward to the organization's collapse, partly for making Saudi Arabia head of the Women's Rights task force, but mostly for letting Anita Sarkeesian and Zoe Quinn have even the slightest bit of legitimacy in a world spotlight regarding "online bullying." Meanwhile said woman slandered Alec Holowka online for no good reason 7 years after the fact, cut off his career and support network, and drove him to suicide with mean words online.

Ur
Next

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
Why the fuck is the US paying so much towards this bullshit, in the first place? What about that sweet fucking HQ building in New York? Who owns that? Is that the UN's, or is that American property that they're crashing in?
It's literally UN territory. Or at least one of the 2 or 3 places in the world where you can send a postcard and have UN stamps honored on it.

Irrational Exuberance

SPEND! SPEND! SPEND!
kiwifarms.net
If you want a successful world government, all you have to do is make the people feel that they are valued as individuals, that the government is working in their best interests (if not immediately, then actively working towards), and that they have a right to self-determination (within established boundaries, see point #2).

GFL making it work out, though.

PowersOfPowers

kiwifarms.net
They have a sculpture of a revolver with a knotted barrel in front of the main UN building in New York. They give the middle finger to the US constitution and people on a daily basis while happily accepting our money and land while trying to rule over us through bureaucratic decree (I wonder what happened to self-determination?).

If Trump magically revoked all UN funding and kicked their asses out of the US I would vote for him to be dictator of America for life. Fuck the UN.

NeoGAF Lurker

An Niggo
kiwifarms.net
They have a sculpture of a revolver with a knotted barrel in front of the main UN building in New York. They give the middle finger to the US constitution and people on a daily basis while happily accepting our money and land while trying to rule over us through bureaucratic decree (I wonder what happened to self-determination?).

If Trump magically revoked all UN funding and kicked their asses out of the US I would vote for him to be dictator of America for life. Fuck the UN.

I had no idea this existed. Of course a Swedcuck designed it.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Good. The last thing we need is an autocratic, unelected body dictating to other countries what they should be doing while their 'peace keepers' run around and rape. The UN should be reduced down to its sole purpose: So that the nuclear powers have a back channel to avoid WWIII. Drop all pretense of this globalist shit. Eliminate resolutions altogether, because they don't do fuck all. Let nations themselves meet together and sort the shit out themselves. Have the UN be the 'Off the record place where countries that can destroy the world talk about it on neutral ground' and leave it at that.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino