Fake Fitness Natty Discussion - Bodybuilders who pretend to be natural for shekels

Masta

Faggot
kiwifarms.net
As I look deeper into the fitness industry , I keep seeing so much debate on how these male fitness influencers fake their natural status to attract, keep, and exploit their audience.

Usually, it starts off with an influencer posting a YouTube video on their ‘natural’ transformation, then they post videos on fitness advice, vlogs, then sell fitness related stuff like programs, supplements, and other fitness shit.

This shit is repeated over and over on various forms of media insta, youtube, Snapchat, etc.

An example I’ll give is David Laid, he popped up like 5 years ago and has a deal with Gymshark and is a millionaire at the age of 22:

Then his ‘natural’ status draws millions of views whether it’s fake or not:

What’d I’d like to know is why does it matter?
Why can’t we just see them for someone who works out and has a good body, they are disciplined either way even if it’s cheated success?
Do we really need countless arguments on reddit, 4chan, and YouTube?

Update on this phenomenon though, more of these influencers come out much later, and say they have done PEDs.

NOT Sword Fighter Super

"Cheerleeder" of Slapfights
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This makes no sense. If they had worked hard to achieve these massive bodies of theirs they might at least have something worthwhile to teach (exercise routines, meal prep etc), but if it's all natural then what would be the point of following them at all?

I mean aside from closeted homosexual of course.

Masta

Faggot
kiwifarms.net
This makes no sense. If they had worked hard to achieve these massive bodies of theirs they might at least have something worthwhile to teach (exercise routines, meal prep etc), but if it's all natural then what would be the point of following them at all?

I mean aside from closeted homosexual of course.
To an extent I feel the same.
It’s so blatantly obvious that he and his friends did PEDs, because they were all lifting Olympia level numbers, but people ate it up. Could be an age demographic?
But you can always google or look at other pro stats.

Coconut Gun

He's the gun member of the coconut crew
kiwifarms.net
It's teenage boys. They're marketing to skinny, insecure teenage boys who haven't realized that anyone in the fitness industry would be an idiot to not use steroids since it gives huge results, and there's no chance of being drug tested. They can't just come out and say they're doing steroids since little Johnny probably doesn't want to do steroids, and his parents wouldn't approve either.

Bumblino

kiwifarms.net
It's teenage boys. They're marketing to skinny, insecure teenage boys who haven't realized that anyone in the fitness industry would be an idiot to not use steroids since it gives huge results, and there's no chance of being drug tested. They can't just come out and say they're doing steroids since little Johnny probably doesn't want to do steroids, and his parents wouldn't approve either.
Don't steroids fuck your pecker and hormone balance? Genuinely ignorant but I was always under the impression that there were health repercussions on genitals and hormones for taking steroids. That could be a good reason not to do them for a some bucks, at least to me.

Masta

Faggot
kiwifarms.net
Don't steroids fuck your pecker and hormone balance? Genuinely ignorant but I was always under the impression that there were health repercussions on genitals and hormones for taking steroids. That could be a good reason not to do them for a some bucks, at least to me.
It shrinks your balls but penis size is the same.
The health repercussions I heard are not that bad, because afterwards they usually just use small dosage of test or HRT for the rest of their life. I could be wrong though, not 100%.

I also always heard the argument too from other that it’s not as unhealthy as say smoking or being morbid obese.

JuanButNotForgotten

Friendly Mexican Ghost
kiwifarms.net
he health repercussions I heard are not that bad
That's what they say. You can't just take steroids to become fitness model, you will get muscles and fat (and terrible acne on your back, but that depends on your luck). Also, if you use only artificial testosterone, you can get gynecomastia, you need to take inhibitors of reverse absorption of testosterone. As for consequences, there are accelerated male pattern balding, already mentioned acne and high blood pressure, that's why many bodybuilders have heart problems aside from athletic heart syndrome. Other drugs that they use have their dangers too, like insulin can literally put you into coma and it also can accelerate the rate of cancerogenesis in your body, causing full blown cancer. High-protein diet and dehydration also fucks your kidneys.

• Informative
Reactions: Masta and Bumblino

DumbDude42

kiwifarms.net
What’d I’d like to know is why does it matter?
it matters because it means they are selling lies and falsehoods.

the message they sell is "look at the body i achieved through diet and exercise, here's how you can do the same!" while the actual reality is "dude i got shredded by blasting tren and HGH lmao"
by doing this they mislead their audience into developing extremely false expectations, tricking them into wasting lots of money on shitty supplements that don't really do anything, and generally setting them up for crushing disappointment later on. or, even worse, setting them up for going down the roid road themselves, which leads to serious and permanent damage to your body.

basically they are frauds, scammers, con artists, snake oil salesmen. they prey on and exploit the naivety and inexperience of young men. that's why it does matter.

knitting_workout

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be
kiwifarms.net
Yes and its definitely a problem. They use everything they can to sell a fake image in hopes of getting people to buy sham fitness products and services, preying on the many people out there who are looking to improve themselves and their bodies but just dont know how.

"You can be just as swole and sexy as me, just buy these supplements, subscribe to xyz, buy my ebook, follow and like my posts, its quick and easy and you will be shredded in no time!" Unfortunately its all a sales pitch most of the time, and there is no quick or easy fix for getting in shape.

I would recommend "Not a diet book" by james smith. He dives into how much of a sham a lot of fitness influencers are, and also provides some useful and actionable fitness advice that doesnt involve buying xyz product.

While im ranting I might as well mention personal trainers too. Never go with one from one of the chain gyms. Yes you might get a good one once in a while, but most of the time its just someone on a college football team who just tells you to do some exercises and doesnt bother modifying to workout to better fit you, or has any knowledge behind the exercises he has you do. This can actually do more harm than good, if your someone who is older or very overweight, and he is having you do the same exercises as a 21 year old in shape bodybuilder and at the same intensity. If your looking for a personal trainer, find someone who is independent or works for a small gym, who actually has an educational background in fitness and Kinesiology, who understands the science behind it and can pick and modify exercises and stretches to best suite you and your needs and goals.

• Informative
Reactions: Masta and Bumblino
Tags
None