Fallout series -

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
To be fair, experimenting with human captives and turning them to mutants is kinda fucked up. Even if they were our enemies.
Exactly. They turned old USA into something just as bad as Josef Mengele back in WW2.

Plus, the Brotherhood isn't portrayed in a good light either. They ended up pushing sending outsiders to their death and chose to hole up in their bunker instead of using their technology to help the Wasteland. Many of them were even forgetting their founder's name as well. All of which led to their decline in 2 and NV.
And the fact that this is what the descendants of the old US Army chose to do drives the point home even further about how the army isn't your friend. Meanwhile, the Brotherhood in FO3 does what descendants of the old US army should be doing, protecting the commonfolk from the dangers of the world.

Nobody in that game was really portrayed as the hero in that scenario. Everyone did horrible things in a fight to claim Earth's dwindling resources and it led to the everyone getting nuked.
There was a kind of passive-aggressive environmentalism about how America's addiction to oil caused the war because it wouldn't share its oil with China in the first place. And then of course there was the FEV thing with the Chinese POWs, which not only shows America to be selfish, but immoral.

I sympathize with your views, but I'm not sure if I agree with you with how 1 portrays America and Communism.
Fallout 1 portrays America as selfish, (they wouldn't share their oil with China) arrogant, (they took over Canada just to make transporting troops easier) and immoral. (They experimented on POWs with the FEV, which is immoral no matter how you cut it.) And of course, not a peep about how bad Communism was.

Last edited:

BlerdBjern

There isn't any god.
kiwifarms.net
Is it just me, or is the moralizing against Cold War America done by Fallouts 1 and 2 seem rather pedestrian when you take a look at real-world history? I mean, sure, they did a lot of stupid things, like when the CIA spiked people with LSD, or when they thought MLK was a closet Commie, or when they sent a bunch of middle-aged Cubans on an ill-fated assault to retake their country, but when you look at the cultural, economic, and human cost of Communism's attempts in creating a utopia on Earth, one suddenly realizes that there was a good reason why America and many nations across the world were so paranoid about Communism. Communists lure people in with false promises of equality and utopia, only to create dictatorships far more absolute than any absolute monarchies, abusing workers in ways far worse than American slavery, and committing the kind of crimes that would make Adolf Hitler look like a schoolyard bully by comparison.

Fallouts 1 and 2 seem to focus too much on demonizing Cold War America, without even looking at how bad their enemies were, even making the erroneous statement that American exceptionalism and anti-Communist rhetoric leads to nuclear holocaust. So what was America supposed to do? Flatline and bend over so the Commies can plow them in the backside? Give away their last reserve of oil to the Commies when the world was running out of it? (Judging by all the nuclear-powered cars you run across in the wasteland, they were on their way to replacing that shit with nuclear energy.) All this moralizing about how bad Cold War America is ignores the fact that as bad as they were, their enemies were far worse, and yet there was no criticism of Communism at all in the first two Fallout games. Only by the time of Fallout 3 and New Vegas did you have icons of patriotism like John Henry Eden and Liberty Prime be available, or have positive examples of American capitalism like Robert Edwin House. If they showed up in the first two games, Liberty Prime would have been an enemy unit who thinks you're a Communist, and Robert Edwin House would have been demonized as an evil symbol of American capitalism.

The thing about Fallout America is that, for all the evils of communism... America was literally no better and possibly even worse.

The rampant corporate bullshit made the Gilded age look like the idealized version of a communist nation in comparison, They were more than happy to test hilariously dangerous biological or chemical weapons on prisoner's, dissidents, or even plain old civilians that hadn't done anything wrong. Massacred canadian protestors to their forced annexation...

Fuck, Nuka cola was able to get away with lacing their soda with literal radioactive waste.

The most extreme forms of capitalism are just as horrific and evil as communism.

Heck anti-communist propaganda was used to suppress thingsa like critical thought or complaints about government policy for awhile, and "fighting them commie pinkos" was used to excuse all sorts of awful stupid shit in IRL.

Fallout America is "A what could have been" if the Vietnam war and the nixon scandals hadn't broken our trust in the american government to a degree.

Fallout was just cold war america's own brand of evil taken to its logical extreme.

It's not necessarily a take on America as it was, but what it could have become if it had continued the way it had been going back during the pre-Vietnam cold war.

And fallout america is portrayed that way because IRL america is indeed, Selfish, Arrogant, and Immoral... Just to a lesser degree. Heck our nation was built on being selfish immoral assholes to our fellow man.

Last edited:

Mnutu

kiwifarms.net
I thought that the stories of Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 aged very well despite not being like New Vegas People play New Vegas and expect a very ambiguous story from the games that inspired it. However, the first two games are pretty black and white in their morality for the most part. Fallout 1 is obviously black and white as every town basically has two choices. Fallout 2 has more choices but overall you see stuff like the Enclave basically being American neo conservatives taken to the extreme and Vault City failing for being xenophobic. I don't see an issue with a developer asserting that their views are right if it comes out good. I think a game can have less choice and a less morally ambiguous story and still be good.

Pretty much every game is broken if we're going to be honest and stuff like the barter glitch is not really a problem. Morrowind and old shooter games have much worse glitches and are still considered great.
It is a little unfair to hold older games to the standards of modern games. I can appreciate them enough to play through them once, but I didn’t really grow up in that era and because of that I have a difficult time getting into old CRPGs. They’re good games, but they’re not timeless classics. Give it another ten years and we’ll see whether or not NV holds up.

The issue is expectation. New Vegas is a special game that managed to blend every aspect of previous Fallout games, and did it cohesively. It’s even better than whatever scraps of Van Buren that can be found. It managed to seamlessly blend the dark themes and slightly more grounded reality of Fallout 1 and the zaniness of Fallout 2 (I’d go so far as to say that 2 is the weakest entry out of the mainline series). It did so without relying on the previous games to make itself what it was. There were no major players from the previous titles, and only a few carry over characters. Same reason why Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind work.
The thing about Fallout America is that, for all the evils of communism... America was literally no better and possibly even worse.

The rampant corporate bullshit made the Gilded age look like the idealized version of a communist nation in comparison, They were more than happy to test hilariously dangerous biological or chemical weapons on prisoner's, dissidents, or even plain old civilians that hadn't done anything wrong. Massacred canadian protestors to their forced annexation...

Fuck, Nuka cola was able to get away with lacing their soda with literal radioactive waste.

The most extreme forms of capitalism are just as horrific and evil as communism.

Heck anti-communist propaganda was used to suppress thingsa like critical thought or complaints about government policy for awhile, and "fighting them commie pinkos" was used to excuse all sorts of awful stupid shit in IRL.

Fallout America is "A what could have been" if the Vietnam war and the nixon scandals hadn't broken our trust in the american government to a degree.

Fallout was just cold war america's own brand of evil taken to its logical extreme.

It's not necessarily a take on America as it was, but what it could have become if it had continued the way it had been going back during the pre-Vietnam cold war.

And fallout america is portrayed that way because IRL america is indeed, Selfish, Arrogant, and Immoral... Just to a lesser degree. Heck our nation was built on being selfish immoral assholes to our fellow man.
One of the few consistent threads between all the mainline Fallouts is America. I don’t think you can make a Fallout game centered around any other country (Tactics 2 I would discount, as it’s not centered on a Chinese perspective, but an American perspective, for better or for worse). I don’t care about pre-war China or pre-war Russia. It’s not really relevant, and it’s never been relevant. It’s clear that no-one was better or less worse off, and the justifications for why the Great War happened are not at all important. All you need to know is “Peak Oil happened, Resource Wars destroyed most of the Middle East and EU, America embargoed China over the New Plague, China needs Oil, war breaks out, nukes fly”.

ExceptionallyExceptional

GET OFF MY LAWN!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wait, there was a Fallout: Tactics 2? I thought that was cancelled?

Also, just got Fallout 4 GOTY (I totally didn't pirate it, mostly) and I want mod recommendations.

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
Er, no. No it was not. They weren't murdering tens of millions, nor were people starving to death. At most, you had some people being racially discriminated against, or accused of Communism, or the CIA spiked them with LSD and they were tripping balls and seeing aliens everywhere. But it was nowhere near the carnage, suffering, and despair that Communism brought to the nations it enveloped.

Again, they made 1950s Cold War America look evil by making corporate greed and immoral experiments, as well as slaughter of dissidents commonplace in it. All so they can whine about how evil right-wing America was, when in the real world, America was nowhere near that bad in the 1950s.

Which shouldn't be possible, since the FDA came into being before World War II, so Nuka-Cola stuffing radioactive waste into soda should have been fucking impossible in the Cold War.

No they are not. The worst thing the capitalists burped out are Robber Barons who bribe politicians and treat workers like shit. Communists kill tens of millions of their own civilians just because their collectivization plans blow up in their faces. The former, at most, probably killed thousands, maybe millions of people, due to their negligence. The latter killed tens of millions of people because they were too proud to admit they're wrong.

None of which reached the same levels as the USSR or Red China literally slaughtering people just for having the wrong opinions. The worst thing that can happen to you is you get blacklisted or thrown in jail. In Communist lands, if they found out that you spoke out against the government, you get shot by a firing squad or you get worked to death in a gulag.

Which is completely stupid. The kind of things that Fallout America was able to get away with would never pass muster in the America after WW2, which had A) unions that put a check to corporate abuse of workers, B) had the FDA which checked what you put in your edible/drinking products, and C) still allowed the kind of freedom of speech that the Soviets and Red China would never tolerate.

No it isn't. It's a liberal's strawman of 1950s America that exposes the authors' lack of education when it came to the politics and systems of Cold War America.

Except pre-Vietnam America had checks and balances that wouldn't let the kind of abuses that Fallout America had.

Not after WW2. Shit, even during the Great Depression, we had welfare and public works programs up the ass. The selfish "I can do things on my own" America died when Lincoln transformed the nation in the Civil War from a hodge-podge of independent republics into a single, unified country. They even had the Progressive Movement that took place in the 1910s and 1920s where they sought to solve society's problems and make life better for the average citizens. Then before WW2, FDR added welfare programs and public-works programs into the national government's budget. So even pre-Vietnam America had a lot of things that would take care of people.

Leftists act as if America losing Vietnam really changed America for the better, that it forced the mask off America and made revolutionary inroads possible, when the Civil Rights movement was underway before Vietnam, and a lot of social welfare and progressive reforms (like the FDA) were happening long before World War 2 and the Korean War exploded.

Quite frankly, it just shows to me that the people who wrote Fallout 1 and 2 didn't study American history one bit. They just went with leftist stereotypes of American history without looking at the country from a more objective viewpoint. It's just "AMERICA IS BAD BECAUSE THEY WERE PARANOID ABOUT COMMIES!" when in reality, anyone who's seen a country devastated by Communism would treat Commies the same way soceity treated the Nazis after WW2.

Last edited:

BlerdBjern

There isn't any god.
kiwifarms.net
Er, no. No it was not. They weren't murdering tens of millions, nor were people starving to death. At most, you had some people being racially discriminated against, or accused of Communism, or the CIA spiked them with LSD and they were tripping balls and seeing aliens everywhere. But it was nowhere near the carnage, suffering, and despair that Communism brought to the nations it enveloped.

Again, they made 1950s Cold War America look evil by making corporate greed and immoral experiments, as well as slaughter of dissidents commonplace in it. All so they can whine about how evil right-wing America was, when in the real world, America was nowhere near that bad in the 1950s.

Which shouldn't be possible, since the FDA came into being before World War II, so Nuka-Cola stuffing radioactive waste into soda should have been fucking impossible in the Cold War.

No they are not. The worst thing the capitalists burped out are Robber Barons who bribe politicians and treat workers like shit. Communists kill tens of millions of their own civilians just because their collectivization plans blow up in their faces. The former, at most, probably killed thousands, maybe millions of people, due to their negligence. The latter killed tens of millions of people because they were too proud to admit they're wrong.

None of which reached the same levels as the USSR or Red China literally slaughtering people just for having the wrong opinions. The worst thing that can happen to you is you get blacklisted or thrown in jail. In Communist lands, if they found out that you spoke out against the government, you get shot by a firing squad or you get worked to death in a gulag.

Which is completely stupid. The kind of things that Fallout America was able to get away with would never pass muster in the America after WW2, which had A) unions that put a check to corporate abuse of workers, B) had the FDA which checked what you put in your edible/drinking products, and C) still allowed the kind of freedom of speech that the Soviets and Red China would never tolerate.

No it isn't. It's a liberal's strawman of 1950s America that exposes the authors' lack of education when it came to the politics and systems of Cold War America.

Except pre-Vietnam America had checks and balances that wouldn't let the kind of abuses that Fallout America had.

Not after WW2. Shit, even during the Great Depression, we had welfare and public works programs up the ass. The selfish "I can do things on my own" America died when Lincoln transformed the nation in the Civil War from a hodge-podge of independent republics into a single, unified country. They even had the Progressive Movement that took place in the 1910s and 1920s where they sought to solve society's problems and make life better for the average citizens. Then before WW2, FDR added welfare programs and public-works programs into the national government's budget. So even pre-Vietnam America had a lot of things that would take care of people.

Leftists act as if America losing Vietnam really changed America for the better, that it forced the mask off America and made revolutionary inroads possible, when the Civil Rights movement was underway before Vietnam, and a lot of social welfare and progressive reforms (like the FDA) were happening long before World War 2 and the Korean War exploded.

Quite frankly, it just shows to me that the people who wrote Fallout 1 and 2 didn't study American history one bit. They just went with leftist stereotypes of American history without looking at the country from a more objective viewpoint. It's just "AMERICA IS BAD BECAUSE THEY WERE PARANOID ABOUT COMMIES!" when in reality, anyone who's seen a country devastated by Communism would treat Commies the same way soceity treated the Nazis after WW2.

The leftists are the ones who supported most of those good works programs, its just that before the southern strategy, it was the republicans who were the progressives.

My dude, I don't know how to tell you this, but cold war era america was fucking shitty in all sorts of ways to all sorts of people. (AGENT ORANGE! DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT WARCRIMES!)

Not to mention all those Democratic governments we overthrew and replaced with dicatorships because they might cut into our profit margins. Modern America is a nation built on a foundation of hypocrisy and greed.

And now Fallout america is absolutely where were headed back then. The opposite of communism is afterall the rick being able to own everything and everyone.

But that's besides the point, it's a black comedy satire about mcarthyism gone mad, so quit your whinging about it.

Last edited:

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
My dude, I don't know how to tell you this, but cold war era america was fucking shitty in all sorts of ways to all sorts of people. (AGENT ORANGE! DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT WARCRIMES!)
Yeah, and their war crimes were tiny compared to their enemies. Cold War America had a lot of shit, but compared to the Commies, they were fucking pristine.

And now Fallout america is absolutely where were headed back then. The opposite of communism is afterall the rick being able to own everything and everyone.
And the funny thing is, New Vegas portrayed old 1950s American values as something positive. The smartest and best candidate to defeat the Fascist Legion and rule the wasteland is a businessman who is an unapologetic capitalist. The liberal democracy of the NCR sucks, the big government approach of the Legion sucks, only the capitalist actually looks to the future and has a working state that doesn't go overboard either way.

Adam Smith would be proud.

But that's besides the point, it's satire about mcarthyism gone mad, so quit your whinging about it.
McCarthyism was a bungled, but justified response to the fact that yes, many people in the media and in other places were sympathetic to a Communist movement which at that time, has already killed tens of millions of people. McCarthy's methods were wrong, but the main thrust of his idea is correct, especially given all the socialists and communists in the media, academia, and the corporate world right now. I mean, people treat Nazis and Neo-Nazis like shit, and the Commies killed more people than the Nazis did. So why aren't we treating them the same way society treated the Nazis after World War 2?

And no, I will not quit "whinging" about it. Not until the Fallout 1 and 2 fans stop whining about Fallout 3.

BlerdBjern

There isn't any god.
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, and their war crimes were tiny compared to their enemies. Cold War America had a lot of shit, but compared to the Commies, they were fucking pristine.

And the funny thing is, New Vegas portrayed old 1950s American values as something positive. The smartest and best candidate to defeat the Fascist Legion and rule the wasteland is a businessman who is an unapologetic capitalist. The liberal democracy of the NCR sucks, the big government approach of the Legion sucks, only the capitalist actually looks to the future and has a working state that doesn't go overboard either way.

Adam Smith would be proud.

McCarthyism was a bungled, but justified response to the fact that yes, many people in the media and in other places were sympathetic to a Communist movement which at that time, has already killed tens of millions of people. McCarthy's methods were wrong, but the main thrust of his idea is correct, especially given all the socialists and communists in the media, academia, and the corporate world right now. I mean, people treat Nazis and Neo-Nazis like shit, and the Commies killed more people than the Nazis did. So why aren't we treating them the same way society treated the Nazis after World War 2?

And no, I will not quit "whinging" about it. Not until the Fallout 1 and 2 fans stop whining about Fallout 3.

No? the best option is left somewhat ambigious, But IMO it's either Wildcard or NCR.

IMO house is dipshit relic from a world that doesn't exist anymore and one we should be glad doesn't exist, and all his aspirations and claims about getting into space are wildly optimistic, certain version's of his ending also depict him as a petty despot who will absolutely fuck over the "Undesirables"

The dude would just set up a cult of personality of a nation that would fold like a house of cards in the likely event that his life support fails.

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
No? the best option is left somewhat ambigious?
No it isn't. The Legion is tyrannical, the NCR is ineffective, House meanwhile manipulates the latter to his advantage, and when his plans bear fruit, he eradicates the former like it's nothing and makes the latter walk away with their tails between their legs. All the while, the people of the Mojave have the freedom to live their lives in peace, while any freak who threatens the lives of others get blown to bits by Super Battle Droids on wheels.

IMO house is dipshit relic from a world that doesn't exist anymore, and all his aspirations and claims about getting into space are wildly optimistic, certain version's of his ending also depict him as a petty despot who will absolutely fuck over the "Undesirables"
Er, no. Nothing about the ending for House depicts that. All he does is rule Vegas in his cold, orderly way, maintaining the world he once knew, all the while, most factions either benefit from it, while those who cause trouble are dealt with.

The dude would just set up a cult of personality of a nation that would fold like a house of cards in the likely event that his life support fails.
Except the game shows otherwise:
"I have no interest in abusing others, just as I have no interest in legislating or otherwise dictating what people do in their private time. Nor have I any interest in being worshipped as some kind of machine god messiah. I am impervious to such corrupting ambitions."

BlerdBjern

There isn't any god.
kiwifarms.net
No it isn't. The Legion is tyrannical, the NCR is ineffective, House meanwhile manipulates the latter to his advantage, and when his plans bear fruit, he eradicates the former like it's nothing and makes the latter walk away with their tails between their legs. All the while, the people of the Mojave have the freedom to live their lives in peace, while any freak who threatens the lives of others get blown to bits by Super Battle Droids on wheels.

Er, no. Nothing about the ending for House depicts that. All he does is rule Vegas in his cold, orderly way, maintaining the world he once knew, all the while, most factions either benefit from it, while those who cause trouble are dealt with.

Except the game shows otherwise:
"I have no interest in abusing others, just as I have no interest in legislating or otherwise dictating what people do in their private time. Nor have I any interest in being worshipped as some kind of machine god messiah. I am impervious to such corrupting ambitions."

He wipes out the kings, Turbo Taxes any version of primm previously aligned to the NCR, purges freeside... he's a petty asshole.

I don't trust people that claim they are incorruptible... because thats a lie, corruption can come from within just as much as without.

Also he was incompetent enough to fail to notice multiple different plots to overthrow him by his own subordinates.

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
He wipes out the kings, Turbo Taxes any version of primm previously aligned to the NCR, purges freeside... he's an asshole.
Weird. He left Primm alone in my ending (Primm Slim was in charge) and he saw the Kings' attacks on the NCR citizens as a sign of their loyalty to Vegas and left them alone. He does nothing to Freeside.

Also he was incompetent enough to fail to notice multiple different plots to overthrow him by his own subordinates.
Same thing goes with all the factions. Caesar doesn't have a proper succession protocol, the NCR is falling apart ever since Tandi died, but comparing all three factions, New Vegas is the one place where you're least likely to get fucked by taxes or slavers.

Last edited:

BlerdBjern

There isn't any god.
kiwifarms.net
Weird. He left Primm alone in my ending (Primm Slim was in charge) and he saw the Kings' attacks on the NCR citizens as a sign of their loyalty to Vegas and left them alone. He does nothing to Freeside.

Same thing goes with all the factions. Caesar doesn't have a proper succession protocol, the NCR is falling apart ever since Tandi died, but compared to all three, New Vegas is the one place where you're least likely to get fucked by taxes or slavers.

It does depend on your choices, but if you got the NCR to help out Primm as a result of the quest, the NCR leave primm after house wins and they swear loyalty... But House sends a squad of bots and taxes them harshly for their previous loyalty.

If the kings decide to to make peace with the ncr instead of killing each other... mr house removes them.

if you do nothing about the Freeside NCR situation... House also kills the kings.

He only doesn't kill them if they go into open war against the NCR.

Last edited:

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
It does depend on your choices, but if you got the NCR to help out Primm as a result of the quest, the NCR leave primm after house wins and they swear loyalty... But House sends a squad of bots and taxes them harshly for their previous loyalty.
If you went to the NCR to help Primm, then you should have helped the NCR the whole way through. If you want an independent Vegas, then giving the NCR more power is the wrong move.

If the kings decide to to make peace with the ncr instead of killing each other... mr house removes them.
Again, if you want Vegas to be independent, making the Kings an ally of the NCR is counter-productive to it.

if you do nothing about the Freeside NCR situation... House also kills them.
Which again, is because a military presence right next door to his place is a threat to House.

He only doesn't kill them if they go into open war against the NCR.
And I made the Kings do that because in my House run, I didn't want the NCR in New Vegas.

If you're going to make peace between the NCR and the Kings, then you should eschew helping House entirely and go full Yes Man or NCR.

BlerdBjern

There isn't any god.
kiwifarms.net
If you went to the NCR to help Primm, then you should have helped the NCR the whole way through. If you want an independent Vegas, then giving the NCR more power is the wrong move.

Again, if you want Vegas to be independent, making the Kings an ally of the NCR is counter-productive to it.

Which again, is because a military presence right next door to his place is a threat to House.

And I made the Kings do that because in my House run, I didn't want the NCR in New Vegas.

If you're going to make peace between the NCR and the Kings, then you should eschew helping House entirely and go full Yes Man or NCR.

He also kills all the kings if you do nothing about their situation with the NCR at all.

and no, genocide is not acceptable.

He's an amoral old world dickweed no better than any of the other options.

And our actions towards primm before mr house was even known to our character should not be relevant to how House treats people under his rule.

LORD IMPERATOR

kiwifarms.net
He also kills all the kings if you do nothing about their situation with the NCR at all.

and no, genocide is not acceptable.

He's an amoral old world dickweed no better than any of the other options.

And our actions towards primm before mr house was even known to our character should not be relevant to how House treats people under his rule.
Do you really think that the NCR would just leave independent Vegas alone if Vegas told them to fuck off? No. They would use their presence in Primm and Freeside to counter the influence of the free city of Vegas.

That, and you should be taking care of which side you put in power for your playthrough. It makes no sense for a Courier who expanded NCR authority to Primm and Freeside to suddenly side with House instead.

Mary the Goldsmith

kiwifarms.net
Also, just got Fallout 4 GOTY (I totally didn't pirate it, mostly) and I want mod recommendations.
Anime tiddy mods. mostly depends what your playstyle is, for example I love building settlements, so I would reccomend several settlement object mods. If you don't care about the settlements, there are several mods that enhance the gameplay:
This https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/46101/ makes it so that your holstered weapons appear on your character like in FO3 and NV, I don't know why Bethesda removed this for Fallout 4. This mod adds the T-65 from Fallout 76. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/49922 its not exactly lore friendly but I like that armor. This mod adds the G3 rifle from the real world: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42624 and its the closest thing to getting the Assault rifle from Fo3 back, it even has a skin that resembles it, download the unofficial patch to fix a lot of the bugs the game has. I can reccomend more mods but I need to know first what you are looking for

jje100010001

kiwifarms.net
One of the few consistent threads between all the mainline Fallouts is America. I don’t think you can make a Fallout game centered around any other country (Tactics 2 I would discount, as it’s not centered on a Chinese perspective, but an American perspective, for better or for worse). I don’t care about pre-war China or pre-war Russia. It’s not really relevant, and it’s never been relevant. It’s clear that no-one was better or less worse off, and the justifications for why the Great War happened are not at all important. All you need to know is “Peak Oil happened, Resource Wars destroyed most of the Middle East and EU, America embargoed China over the New Plague, China needs Oil, war breaks out, nukes fly”.
That's an interesting point, no where else in the world are the general themes & styles of the 50s/60s held up as effortlessly as in the US. Europe still has too much of its past, while Russia/China inevitably devolves into Soviet-jank. South America, maybe, but its themes would inevitably get muddled in an attempt to define the place.

Overall, I just don't really see the Fallout series venturing beyond North America.

Mnutu

kiwifarms.net
Wait, there was a Fallout: Tactics 2? I thought that was cancelled?

Tactics 2 got canceled, I wanted to nip that point in the bud before some autist brought it up, like I have to do with Project V13 anytime I say that an MMO Fallout is a terrible idea even with 76.

Gravityqueen4life

kiwifarms.net
i finished the space station section in frontier last night and it was pretty good. i pull out a list on the things i liked/hated

The good
the station looks really cool
new energy weapons and armor you can find (if you want to role play as a sneedclave)
the horror section
Voss and ARGUS being good villains
great boss battles
ARGUS boss theme was pretty lit

The bad
the platforming sections. the game is simply not build for that
the ventilation section
bugs. had to turn off and on hotfixes during two parts of the mod to get it too work
copying story moments from wolfenstein outright
the space battle
the force reference

overall, a 7 out of 10. im surprised the game did not crash once during all that.

Last edited: