Fallout series -

JektheDumbass

kiwifarms.net
So what the shit is up with the Outcasts and Remnants mod? I installed it and my copy of Fallout 4 completely shat itself until I yeeted the shit it included in the scripts folder. Unfortunately it looks like the author is a soyfilled bitchass and locked his comment section, apparently had a habit of deleting bug reports and flagging them as "not a bug".

Edit: Apparently his mods are The Frontier level garbage anyway, so no big loss.
On one hand, the concept of an alternate ending where you remove bad actors from all the factions and have peace is a good idea. Plus Thuggy knows how to design challenging combat encounters which are a blast to play. On the other hand it's lorebreaking as hell and there are some monumemtally stupid moments. Like how one of the main questlines has you fetch a dildo bat. Or the peace ending turns the Institute into a giant night club and you get no say in the matter. Or the random tiddy monster in OaR. Or Gravey being a secret Gunner spy (I get it, no one likes the guy. I don't think he's evil, just grossly incompetent).

I haven't played the evil ending mod he did (again, a great idea) so I can't comment on that.

Berrakh

kiwifarms.net
Yeah, I don't think that we would get an accurate portrayal of Cold War relations from Black Isle, and also some of the classified material related to the Cold War wouldn't come out until after the games were released. What I was saying is that it would make sense for Black Isle to demonize the right-wing because that is what they grew up seeing. Nixon firebombing Vietnam and Reagan funding the Contras. Especially Reagan, the left thought his hard line stance on communism was going to lead to nuclear war.

It would have been better to mock the entirety of the Cold Warriors. Have the Enclave Intelligence department be run by a guy named Mr. X, who has no idea about the wasteland and bases his strategies on games of dominos. Have soldiers debate about the plasma bomb gap. But at the same time this would have shifted the Enclave from a threat to the Wasteland to a political punching bag against the enemies of the developers.

And it feels like Fallout 2, even with the political allusions, is more about mocking American pop culture, such as the Hubologists and Gordon Gecko.
So what you're saying is Black Isle had the presence of mind to not let politics, their politics, consume the entire game. They used it as a backdrop to the story but let the story decide its tropes and progression based on its needs. They didn't make the Enclave into losers because they needed the Enclave to be losers for personal validation. They let the Enclave be a threat because the climax was confronting them.

Alcatraz

Seller of Tacos
kiwifarms.net
And what the fuck were they thinking giving you access to Power Armor so fucking fast?
I'm gonna sound like a fucking mark for saying this, but even 76 did this correctly.

Finding power armor in Appalachia is pain in the ass, because the war *just* happened. It's only been 25 years, and any working armor that was out in the open is useless. Instead, you either need to craft it, or find pieces that spawn in certain locations, usually hidden or out of the way of normal travel. You have to collect it yourself. It makes for when you have a full suit of power armor, whether a complete model or slapped together all the more gratifying.

Instead, Bethesda put their entire cock and balls into the first hour, making it as cinematic and as flashy as possible. Big raider battle! Get pointed towards a suit of powerful armor! Fight a deathclaw! Kaboom! Minigun! The only thing that entire sequence did correctly was having the armor appear rusted as fuck and broken down in some places.

JektheDumbass

kiwifarms.net
I'm gonna sound like a fucking mark for saying this, but even 76 did this correctly.

Finding power armor in Appalachia is pain in the ass, because the war *just* happened. It's only been 25 years, and any working armor that was out in the open is useless. Instead, you either need to craft it, or find pieces that spawn in certain locations, usually hidden or out of the way of normal travel. You have to collect it yourself. It makes for when you have a full suit of power armor, whether a complete model or slapped together all the more gratifying.

Instead, Bethesda put their entire cock and balls into the first hour, making it as cinematic and as flashy as possible. Big raider battle! Get pointed towards a suit of powerful armor! Fight a deathclaw! Kaboom! Minigun! The only thing that entire sequence did correctly was having the armor appear rusted as fuck and broken down in some places.
Agreed. I like how Power Armor changes how the game is played as opposed to just a heavier type of armor, but you get it too soon.

ExceptionallyExceptional

GET OFF MY LAWN!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I will say I'm likeing the Automatron DLC.

The virgin Codsworth:
Codsworth01.jpg

The chad Codstermination:
ScreenShot10.png

Snekposter

Hiding from the Frontier fallout.
kiwifarms.net
Are there any mods that expand the options for that DLC? Wanna make a Warhammer COD-1 thanks to that second pic of yours.

Mary the Goldsmith

kiwifarms.net
Are there any mods that expand the options for that DLC? Wanna make a Warhammer COD-1 thanks to that second pic of yours.
there's this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28164
this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11910/?tab=description
this other one (more for the lulz): https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18200/?tab=description
This one is more of an overhaul but I've heard good things from it: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/44425?tab=images
there is another one that I can't find right now that adds a lot of parts (including adding a robo dick) if I find it I'll post it in here.
EDIT: Its this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26991?tab=description
Like how one of the main questlines has you fetch a dildo bat. Or the peace ending turns the Institute into a giant night club and you get no say in the matter. Or the random tiddy monster in OaR.
what in the actual fuck? I almost want to download to see for myself

JektheDumbass

kiwifarms.net
there's this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28164
this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11910/?tab=description
this other one (more for the lulz): https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18200/?tab=description
This one is more of an overhaul but I've heard good things from it: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/44425?tab=images
there is another one that I can't find right now that adds a lot of parts (including adding a robo dick) if I find it I'll post it in here.
EDIT: Its this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26991?tab=description

what in the actual fuck? I almost want to download to see for myself
If you don't care about lore breaking and just want to have some goofy fun, you want Outcasts and Remnants, Project Valkyrie, Fusion city rising, for the full effect do so on a file that hasn't pissed off any of the 4 main factions. The three mods can be played on their own but all 3 interact with each other so I recommend all 3 at once. 50 way to die at Dr. Nick's is a stand-alone mod with a similar sense of humor. The author has made a few more huge mods that I haven't played.

Last edited:

Mary the Goldsmith

kiwifarms.net
If you don't care about lore breaking and just want to have some goofy fun, you want Outcasts and Remnants, Project Valkyrie, Fusion city rising, for the full effect do so on a file that hasn't pissed off any of the 4 main factions. 50 way to die at Dr. Nick's is a stand-alone mod with a similar sense of humor. The author has made a few more huge mods that I haven't played.
I don't mind breaking the lore that much, I have several modern weapon mods installed, what I don't like is when mods have situations, characters, etc that are clearly there just so the mod author can jack off, like the fuckable Deathclaw in the Frontier. I may give the mod a try

JektheDumbass

kiwifarms.net
I don't mind breaking the lore that much, I have several modern weapon mods installed, what I don't like is when mods have situations, characters, etc that are clearly there just so the mod author can jack off, like the fuckable Deathclaw in the Frontier. I may give the mod a try
Mod author loves strip clubs and chicks in slooty armor. Dunno if that counts...

Mary the Goldsmith

kiwifarms.net
Mod author loves strip clubs and chicks in slooty armor. Dunno if that counts...
don't really have a problem with that depending on how its handled, I'll be giving the mod a try then.
On a side note does anybody know if there is any mod that makes it so your character's stats matter? like how in Fallout 3 if you have a high medicine skill you can just explain to Moira what Radiation does to a body instead of irradiating yourself. The only place in Fallout 4 where you are required to have a certain skill (aside from the terminals and lockpicks) is on that boat sidequest where if you have certain perks you can repair the equipment or else have to fetch spare parts

ExceptionallyExceptional

GET OFF MY LAWN!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Finally joined up with the BoS in Fallout 4. I'm still not getting why everyone says they're basically nazis now. Is it the new uniforms or something?

They're like a blend of the Lyons Pride and the regular Brotherhood. Unlike the Western Brotherhood they don't go around attacking people to steal their power armor and energy weapons. They also research new tech and not just hoard old tech. They're also pretty proactive in hunting down threats to the Commonwealth, which they seem to consider part of their duty to protect humanity.

Yes, they hate ghouls and muties. They always have, even under Lyons.
Oh no, they don't like synths! Boo fucking hoo! Nobody in the Commonwealth likes synths outside of the Railroad. Why? Because the Institute created them for really fucked up reasons, and they'll forever be tainted by that.

Even synths like DiMA show why the fuckers generally can't be trusted, he's willing to use the same fucked up tactics the Institute does to protect his little synth colony, including killing and replacing people and plotting the wholesale genocide of other communities.

At least the people in the Institute have to live with the horrors they've committed. DiMA can just lock away or delete his memories so his own hypocrisy and monstrous behaviour doesn't bother him later.

So yeah, fuck most synths, the Brotherhood is absolutely right about that.

And at least Maxson is trying to unfuck things instead of squatting in a bunker humping a suit of power armor like the rest of the Brotherhood.

Granted I'm still pissy about Sarah Lyons being killed off screen. They could totally have had her in charge instead of Maxson and it would still have worked.

Plus Maxson is a young guy. He'll simmer down with age. Lyons was probably just as much of a firebrand in his youth, but with age comes experience.

Besides, he's outright willing to overlook Danse being a synth with some convincing. Shows that maybe the Brotherhood isn't as anti-synth as they first seem.

Last edited:

Mnutu

kiwifarms.net
I think it's partly the jacket and mostly the DEATH TO ALL SYNTHS, because our post-Star Trek culture automatically responds to any "are X people?" question with "YES!"
You really want to fuck with people? Make it so that synths are 100% bad guys, all of them. They have no free will, no genuine emotions, and they only exist to provide human guinea pigs for the institute or something. But have it so that everyone still believes they’re “people” and anyone who chooses railroad gets the bad end.

Agarathium1066

My sense of balance is busted.
kiwifarms.net
I think it's partly the jacket and mostly the DEATH TO ALL SYNTHS, because our post-Star Trek culture automatically responds to any "are X people?" question with "YES!"
The jacket as in Elder Maxson's? It's a bomber coat, it's not even aping any hugo boss actual NAYZEE wear at all. If that's an actual factor in people's opinions of the BOS then that's incredibly sad.

I was actually surprised that there was some mention in the Railroad of some members not immediately being on the 'ALL SYNTHS ARE HUMAN' train, though I don't remember the Gen 1 Synth 'question' being addressed at any point. Chances are if you score the RR victory they'll try to poorly slap on synthetic flesh to pass them off as actual sapients then fail miserably.

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The jacket as in Elder Maxson's? It's a bomber coat, it's not even aping any hugo boss actual NAYZEE wear at all. If that's an actual factor in people's opinions of the BOS then that's incredibly sad.

I was actually surprised that there was some mention in the Railroad of some members not immediately being on the 'ALL SYNTHS ARE HUMAN' train, though I don't remember the Gen 1 Synth 'question' being addressed at any point. Chances are if you score the RR victory they'll try to poorly slap on synthetic flesh to pass them off as actual sapients then fail miserably.
Gen 1 and a lot of the gen 2's are basically mindless killing machines that attack anything and everything that cross their path. The reason everyone hates the institute is that they're basically creating even worse versions of raiders and dumping them on the commonwealth.

Also The Frontier team announced they are re doing the entirety of the NCR quest line to get rid of the COD and Enclave stuff. I'm actually kind of impressed. I figured they'd drop everything and run to hide after getting Sneeded off the internet.

ExceptionallyExceptional

GET OFF MY LAWN!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Gen 1 and a lot of the gen 2's are basically mindless killing machines that attack anything and everything that cross their path. The reason everyone hates the institute is that they're basically creating even worse versions of raiders and dumping them on the commonwealth.
We only see a grand total of two Gen 2 synths in the game that have free will, and one of them (DiMA) is an amoral monster perfecty willing to engage in the same unscrupulous behaviors the Institute does. The other one only seems to have a moral compass due to the memories of a pre-war detective.

Also The Frontier team announced they are re doing the entirety of the NCR quest line to get rid of the COD and Enclave stuff. I'm actually kind of impressed. I figured they'd drop everything and run to hide after getting Sneeded off the internet.
Wow, commendable. They made mistakes and are now owning up to and fixing them. That's how shit is supposed to happen.

Chive Turkey

kiwifarms.net
I'd have to dig further to produce meaningful recommendations (it's been years since I last played FNV), but I'm pretty sure there are also some mods focused on performance improvement. At a minimum I recall there being LOD fixes (so distant objects get rendered in simplified form to reduce load on the GPU) and mods to remove or reduce superfluous stuff (grass/weeds, rocks, etc.). Those would help speed things up for you too.
This is the most up-to-date and reliable FNV modding guide currently available. The tools it lists in the 'Utilities' section are essential for fixing performance issues. Note that the 4GB patch is very important to get running correctly, so when in-game (and having the JIP NVSE plugin installed), type 'GetIsLAA' into the console. If it answers '0, it's not installed properly. If it answers '1', it's installed but not working. If it gives back '2', everything is fine and dandy.

From personal experience, I can say that LOD is a major contributor to lag and stutter, even on high-end rigs. The game only renders about a hundred meters of LOD and assets in increments. So, bizarrely, the best thing to do is to have LODGen (this variant, the one on Nexus has fewer options) generate a new LOD with a sufficiently large atlas size so the game renders most of the world in a single, smooth stroke, instead of awkwardly buffering every few steps you make.

That's one of my biggest complaints about New Vegas, the lack of truly random enemy encounters. Once you know where the Deathclaws and Super Mutants are you can just avoid them. But when a random spawn point can shit out anything it makes everything that much more exciting.
Apparantly New Vegas has a lot of unused spawn points and even has a Fallout 3-style leveled list for them, so it seems it might've once been intended to be that way. There's a great mod called Mojave Wildlife that re-enables them all. There's several variations available, so it's pretty customizable.

Last edited:

Mary the Goldsmith

kiwifarms.net
I think its because this days the words "Nazi" and "Fascist" seem to mean "People that I don't like" or "People that don't think exactly like me", I got called a fascist Nazi on FB because I said I didn't like the cowl on Robert Pattinson's Batman suit.
They're like a blend of the Lyons Pride and the regular Brotherhood. Unlike the Western Brotherhood they don't go around attacking people to steal their power armor and energy weapons. They also research new tech and not just hoard old tech. They're also pretty proactive in hunting down threats to the Commonwealth, which they seem to consider part of their duty to protect humanity.
Yes Maxson's brotherhood genuinly wants to protect humanity, the only thing I disagree with them on is
Maxson just nuking the institute, its a bit to extreme for the Brotherhood to just destroy all that technology, I understand wanting to destroy all synths, for the reasons you already mentioned, but not salvaging the medical advancements at least? But even then I still side with the Brotherhood