• Featured on the

Fallout series

Discussion in 'Games' started by exball, Jul 7, 2014.

1. so this is just going to be Rust with nukes instead of C4 right? I don't get why people enjoy these types of games.

Hell Elder Scrolls Online, but Fallout would have probably been a better idea. At least then Fallout purists would have their voiced storylines.

• Feels Feels x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  2. Ok, so the Noclip documentary they broadcast last night put me way more in the mood for this game. They seem to be digging deep into the lore to justify shit, and it looks like a legitimately interesting thing. The Worldspace itself seems to be one of the most interesting and gives a more "hasn't been touched in 25 years" feel and apparently a lot of stumble upon locations.

There was also the surprise of the reveal of a faction called The Scorched. So ghouls beginning to turn feral and constantly angry and hungry, but they can still use guns. A neat way of keeping raider-like beings in the game but doing something a bit different.

A lot of the new monsters and insects they're adding as well are justified by saying they're harsh, rapid mutations and they could have been so bad they later died off. (I suspect this will just become a retcon and we'll see some of the cooler shit in future games).

Confirmed towns in the game: Morganstown, Charleston, Harper's Ferry.

There's a mixture of the C.A.M.P system we already saw which lets you have a mini homestead/settlement and there are "public workshops" where you're expected to team up, take the location, then "reinforce it" (which sounds like getting a chance to build shit) which means you then get unique resources such as taking a lead mine to make bullets etc. Your own personal homestead will despawn with you when you log off, and if someone attacks you, you can repair it as opposed to it being destroyed to nothing.

Perk Cards means you can re-roll your character every time you level up if you want, and you can share out your cards in your party, letting you build up a team where there's a dedicated cratfer, medic, sniper, etc.

Navigation is by a paper map, not a pipboy and you can see other players.

It's capped at 24 people per instance.

It seems like the nukes will nudge you towards encouraging you to create high level end zones to close "fissures" where high level monsters spawn and then generate shit like Uranium and other ultra rare materials.

Microtransactions will go in, but be nerfed down to reskins and cosmetic differences. DLC and updates will be free.

The game long term will be managed by Bethesda Austin, a new studio with some old hands in the online business, including folks from Star Wars Galaxies and Ultima Online.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Ponderous Pillock

Ponderous Pillock I have no mouth and I must meme
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. sounds gay, preorder cancelled

• Like Like x 1
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Aquinas

Aquinas https://i.imgur.com/l3EkPBg.png
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. Strongly considering preordering since I'm 99% sure 2-3 of my friends will play it day 1 and 24-32 people spread across 4 fallout 4 maps doesn't sound so bad even if it turns out no PVE or private servers.

I'll probably wait until beta actually goes live and I hear some opinions though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. I'd buy it if it wasn't so reliant on an online connection. My wifi crashes every hour or so.

• Feels Feels x 5
    NotAKitty

NotAKitty Lazy good-for-nothing NEET
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  6. It has an MG-42. I will just be happy to go full Jin-Roh with my friends. That will be worth it alone i think.

tumblr_m6yhh2LvKG1rr6cyuo1_500.gif

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  7. That makes the game sound a bit better. I'm willing to try the beta out to give the game a chance.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Vault Boy

Vault Boy Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.

kiwifarms.net
  8. It's not really a faction if they auto-aggro and only fight you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 2
    Y2K Baby

Y2K Baby The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. Game-wise, yeah.

The engine is still the bloody gamebryo engine though, now even more heavily modified and was mostly modified back in 2015 by Battlecry Studios to make it suitable for multiple people. It seems the engine starts to break at around the 30 people mark hence the cap of 24, which also opens the door to cross platform play.

It's the same as The Gunners, really.

• Feels Feels x 3
    Ponderous Pillock

Ponderous Pillock I have no mouth and I must meme
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  10. Which were dumb. These are literally just raiders but ghouls.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Y2K Baby

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. Seeing shit like the MG-42, the Browning .50 cal, and a flintlock pistol makes me wonder what other sorts of crazy shit we'll be able to wield and modify. I'm hoping that we'll see the Plasma Caster return in all its bulky & deadly glory.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Vault Boy

Vault Boy Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.

kiwifarms.net
  12. We already saw super mutants and the Enclave Power Armor in the trailer.

PAY FOR THESE FUCKING MODS.
    todd2141515.gif

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  13. Simply epic.

• Feels Feels x 1
    Y2K Baby

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. In a recent interview with PC Gamer, Todd had this to say about mod support:
    Very vague and nonspecific answer. I get the feeling this promised mod support is just a euphemism for Creation Club bullshit and not proper Nexus mods.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 2
    millais

millais The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas

kiwifarms.net
  15. Mods would be really easy to implement in "your own private world" if you could play the game offline.

I was thinking it was going to be half like how Skyrim/FO4 does it with their official mod upload service, the other half it'll likely be able to sync players together whenever you join a private server. What I'm thinking if this is the case, however, is that even on PC there'll be a cap to how much you can download at once when joining a server, or modded and unmodded servers will be separated so you can easily navigate between them.

• Feels Feels x 1
    Coster

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. Probably flat-out too dangerous. Gangers, super mutants, local wildlife...

The Capital Wastleland isn't Walt Disney World, but at least you know what to expect.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    MuuMuu Bunnylips

MuuMuu Bunnylips I want to touch your pee-pee.

kiwifarms.net
  17. Insane vault dwellers in power armor that will fire nuclear missiles at your shack and then tee bag your corpse and say unkind things about your mother.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Feels Feels x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Oddjob OTP

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. Yao guai who want to steal your intestines and your pic-a-nic basket.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    MuuMuu Bunnylips

kiwifarms.net
  19. Securitrons who roll up to you, bristling with weaponry, their screens flickering the dread message: CONNECTION TIMEOUT ERROR.

Shit, that was just my monitor.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Mola Ram

Mola Ram Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole

kiwifarms.net
  20. Ghoul Scouts who keep trying to sell you cookies no matter how many of them you kill.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    MuuMuu Bunnylips

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.