family troubles thread :(

littlebiscuits

mean girl
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Families eh? You don't choose em', you can't pick em' but even still you love them....even if they don't always deserve it. So this is a thread to talk about the not so easy aspects of family. I know we have a coping thread already, but a lot of people are talking about their personal issues in that thread, and I really don't want to take away from their discussion or sidetrack it, because they really seem to be helping each other....and interrupting is rude, I guess.

(Welp, I'll start out the thread, but remember, this is a thread for everyone's issues, not just mine! Also remember, no one person's issues are greater than another, so don't feel ashamed to post something that you might think is "unimportant". )

Something terrible happened this Christmas and I'm still numb with horror. I want to share with you all what happened, because - at least in my mind- I consider this a great forum full of fun, wonderful and intelligent people. Basically, on Christmas my sister stabbed me and then tried to slash my Mother. She also tried to hurt herself. We were both (us sisters) in the hospital (me for injures -didn't need stitches, just skin glue) but now she's in a locked mental ward and I'm in shock. I don't know what to do or feel. My sister is mentally ill, I've told everyone that. But something snapped this Christmas and she just attacked me out of nowhere. I feel so awful. I love my sister, but I have to press charges against her. It's the only legal way she can be kept in a ward against her will. I feel like a complete shithead.

KingofManga420

So long, and thanks for all the sekclintons
kiwifarms.net
Since we're spilling I live with both a lazy, gambling addict mother and my sister's dad, a schizophrenic, alcoholic drug abuser who had a complete mental breakdown last year and thought he was a prophet of god. Now he's so doped up on pills he sleeps on a recliner all fucking day getting welfare for being a drug addict while my mom yells at him to make her dinner and tuck her in. He wakes up sometimes to steal money from my mom and go gamble and eat a shitload of food.

My room and my sisters are practically the only rooms that has lights turned on because they're always fucking laying around doing nothing.

littlebiscuits

mean girl
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Since we're spilling I live with both a lazy, gambling addict mother and my sister's dad, a schizophrenic, alcoholic drug abuser who had a complete mental breakdown last year and thought he was a prophet of god. Now he's so doped up on pills he sleeps on a recliner all fucking day getting welfare for being a drug addict while my mom yells at him to make her dinner and tuck her in. He wakes up sometimes to steal money from my mom and go gamble and eat a shitload of food.

My room and my sisters are practically the only rooms that has lights turned on because they're always fucking laying around doing nothing.

You'll be okay. Until I moved out and got my own place, my room was my safe place too. There's nothing wrong with that, and I know we on this forum joke about Chris rotting away in his lego filled room a lot, but please don't feel ashamed if you need to hid out in your room for a long while. Sometimes with mental illness in a family, you need to keep to your safe places to survive or just find relief from the crazy.

KingofManga420

So long, and thanks for all the sekclintons
kiwifarms.net
You'll be okay. Until I moved out and got my own place, my room was my safe place too. There's nothing wrong with that, and I know we on this forum joke about Chris rotting away in his lego filled room a lot, but please don't feel ashamed if you need to hid out in your room for a long while. Sometimes with mental illness in a family, you need to keep to your safe places to survive or just find relief from the crazy.
Yeah I know. I don't want to reveal too much power level but its looking to be a very long time until I can move out, but I'm glad people understand. At least I have a job and art to work with.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles as well, not to steal the limelight :epik:

Beth

kiwifarms.net
I am really sorry about what happened to you, @littlebiscuits. I hope you, your sister and your mother are all doing fine by now. I know that you are having a difficult time right now, but please try not to feel overly bad about it. It will not do you any good. If I may ask, did your sister get help? She sounds pretty troubled to me...

I also feel sorry about your situation @KingofManga420. I am terribly sorry to hear what a mess you are living in...Try to hold out and make your dreams come true! Never lose your faith in yourself that you can do it!

littlebiscuits

mean girl
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am really sorry about what happened to you, @littlebiscuits. I hope you, your sister and your mother are all doing fine by now. I know that you are having a difficult time right now, but please try not to feel overly bad about it. It will not do you any good. If I may ask, did your sister get help? She sounds pretty troubled to me...

I also feel sorry about your situation @KingofManga420. I am terribly sorry to hear what a mess you are living in...Try to hold out and make your dreams come true! Never lose your faith in yourself that you can do it!

My sister is in a mental hosptial right now. She is very troubled, but hopefully this will be the start of better times.

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@littlebiscuits , I do hope things can turn out better for your sister. Like you said, she is mentally ill and even though she did try to bring harm on you and your mother, it's as you said, she's mentally ill. Hopefully, she does get the care that can deal with this sort of thing.

Since this thread is for everyone's issues, I may as well share a bit of mine, in regards to some family members that are on the other side of this world. Around August, a cousin of mine died of cancer and it lead to drama between, two family members of mine here in the U.S. against a cousin of who lives in the Philippines. Said cousin wished death upon them just because they didn't like the fact they took out the corpse of one family member (my maternal grandfather) from his grave to bury my cousin. I know this issue is a few month's old but I feel like wanting to share it. Honestly, this sort of thing makes me wonder, just how bad can our families get when there is this sort of thing, whether it's one that tried to assault you or another who wishes death upon another.

Like KingofManga420, I apologize if I sound like I'm trying to steal the limelight. I just wanted to share since this is a thread to share some sort of trouble within ones family.

The Hunter

Border Hopping Taco Bender
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
My family's not on the verge of hurting one another or leaving or anything, just incredibly broke right now.

Me and my brother are currently unemployed and in college, so we're both kind of hemorrhaging funds right now. My classes came up to around $1,420, his at $920. My brother is supposed to graduate, and we can't even afford to pay off the last of his tuition. I on the other hand have some time left. A lot of it, actually. I want to drop the degree I'm pursuing and go for something more practical and also take a few art and kinesiology (hope I spelled that right) classes. My brother's also been really shitty to my dad lately, so he's threatening to cut him off financially. The problem with that is that I don't want my dad to pay for something for me when I'm not even going to need it. I mean, we have to pay it off ASAP, but the classes I've taken so far have made me lose interest in my degree plan, so I don't see myself as a priority anymore. My sister also has something fucked up going on in her mouth or something and her medical bills are going to come up to about a thousand dollars for all the treatment she'll receive. Same thing is actually happening to my brother now, and now he needs another thousand dollars to un-fuck his teeth or something. And not only that, he's also in very poor health, so that always has me worried about him, no matter how unbearable he is sometimes. He's pretty much made it clear he wants to eat himself to death at some point. And with how much my dad spent on the holidays, it led to us getting our bank account frozen.

So yeah, we're all really stressed out right now.

Dollars2010

Necromancer Corgi Queen
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I usually have some trouble talking about family situations, since they always make me rather uncomfortable. :oops:

I won't go into too much detail, but due to my dad ditching my family and my mom passing away when I was young, I've been staying with people that took me in. They were swell at first, but after awhile they've gradually started isolating me since I'm not actually related to them. It's been even more difficult since they took me from my home in Minnesota all the way to California, where I'm far away from friends and my three older brothers. So reaching out for some form of comfort is pretty tough, since I'm rather skittish of outgoing activities and such.

Recently though things have taken a turn for the worse since I had my accident in October that almost killed me. My guardians said that I deserve it because I'm not as good as their own children no matter how hard I try. This has lead to some choice words and I actually got into a fight and wound up with a busted lip because my guardians have a temper. They've decided not to include me in holiday celebrations anymore, since for some reason they think I don't deserve it. It seems no matter how much I apologize or what I do, nothing is good enough to them.

I've been working on moving out to get away from it all, unfortunately job hunting hasn't been going very good but I'm working through college to hopefully help with getting something.

Things have been strange.

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Recently though things have taken a turn for the worse since I had my accident in October that almost killed me. My guardians said that I deserve it because I'm not as good as their own children no matter how hard I try. This has lead to some choice words and I actually got into a fight and wound up with a busted lip because my guardians have a temper. They've decided not to include me in holiday celebrations anymore, since for some reason they think I don't deserve it. It seems no matter how much I apologize or what I do, nothing is good enough to them.

I've been working on moving out to get away from it all, unfortunately job hunting hasn't been going very good but I'm working through college to hopefully help with getting something.

I apologize if this comes off as A-Log but I just have to say this: The hell is wrong with them? Saying you deserve that because you aren't as good as their kids? I feel like saying that is just talk if their kids turn out to be people who have problems, people who aren't as good as you are, whether it's at work or being a member of society. Hell, perhaps you are too good for them and I'm just saying that because what they say, that just grinds my gears. Sorry if I sound like I'm butting in and I apologize if I sound like a "white knight trying to defend m'lady's honor'. That sort of thing just irks me.

littlebiscuits

mean girl
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I usually have some trouble talking about family situations, since they always make me rather uncomfortable. :oops:

I won't go into too much detail, but due to my dad ditching my family and my mom passing away when I was young, I've been staying with people that took me in. They were swell at first, but after awhile they've gradually started isolating me since I'm not actually related to them. It's been even more difficult since they took me from my home in Minnesota all the way to California, where I'm far away from friends and my three older brothers. So reaching out for some form of comfort is pretty tough, since I'm rather skittish of outgoing activities and such.

That is so very terrible, I'm so sorry. :heart-full: I wish I could give you all the hugs and pets. I don't know those other kids, but I can guarantee that they're no where near as nice and awesome and talented as you are.

c-no

Gluttonous Bed Shitter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That is so very terrible, I'm so sorry. :heart-full: I wish I could give you all the hugs and pets. I don't know those other kids, but I can guarantee that they're no where near as nice and awesome and talented as you are.
One would also ask if those kids are as good as the parents claim. Every person has some sort of flaw so who knows what dark things these kids have done. Who knows what sort things these people hid from their parents.

Surtur

Destroyer of the Universe.
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

The next time I am in California, I will be sure to have a word with these folks.

MNEMONIA

kiwifarms.net
I found my Grandpa's torn-up suicide note while cleaning their house yesterday. It was a stroke that took him not felo de se, praise God. Found out my Grandma is in the emergency room with covid today. My favorite uncle won't speak to us anymore because we had to sell their house. Found pictures of my uncle I never met, because he blew his own brains out with my mom in the next room 40 years ago.

Last edited: