Sonichu [Fan Comic] Rosechu's Story - A reimagining of the Sonichu story from Rosechu's perspective.

Trickie

I refer to Christine as she/her to annoy you.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hey everyone! I'm dead tired and I promise I'll respond to everyone's questions and comments here, but I just wanted to pop on and announce that I just finished the rest of the batch. It took longer than I hoped, but I got it done.

So the next two updates will be uploaded at around midnight on the following days:
  • Sunday March 5th, 2017
  • Sunday March 12th, 2017
Unfortunately, after they're out, it might be a week or two until I finish the next batch, because I'm going to be reshuffling my work area and installing some new equipment for the tablet. Also, I want to work on some banner art for the tumblr site (long overdue) and maybe finish a couple of projects that I had started if I have time. I'll try not to make the wait for the next batch too long.

Trickie

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Double post! Because shut up, this is my thread.

I didn't know it was back. @Null shoulda featured this instead of some tranny furry who wants to fuck kids
Ask and thou shalt receive.
I don't think I've ever had a featured thread on here, so that was really nice, thank you both. :)

Even if it's canon I like to think this is the prequel to @_blank_'s 'The Real Sonichu'. You get that vibe of everything is gonna be alright and then we've got utter chaos as time goes on.
Funny you should say that, back when I was starting the comic I was actually talking to blank about making it a prequel to TRS, but we decided it wouldn't work after I told him what my plans for the story were. Of course, the comics have changed a lot since then, both his and mine, so it definitely wouldn't work.

I love how this comic addresses some of the obvious questions in the Pokemon universe, like education and why parents let their 10-year-olds run off to live on the road with their pets.

If all the "animals" are more or less intelligent, what do you think is in KelMom's meatloaf?
Tauros meat or something? I dunno.

I'm treating this whole "you're 10, go run around the world and catch some pokemon" thing as a sort of cultural tradition where kids take a "gap year" between primary and secondary school (or elementary/jr high and high school for us Americans) to go off and learn about the world and the creatures that inhabit it, have an adventure, things like that. I'm guessing that society in the Pokemon games in general is pretty safe, and parents are more relaxed about letting their kids wander out to god knows where.

It's semi-canon that people, or ocassionally Pokémon themselves, eat Pokémon.

Farfetch'd are nearly extinct because of their tasty meat, Slowpoke tails can be sucked on similarly to honeysuckle, Pidgeottos will skim the surface of lakes to catch unsuspecting Magikarp, and so forth. These kinds of traits were phrased out over time however as Pokémon became less like animals and more like humans that can't talk somewhere during Gen 2. You can sometimes find details mentioning it in Pokédex entries, though.
It's not something that GameFreak advertises openly, but there's a lot of hints at the fact that people eat pokemon, it's just never directly addressed.

Trickie, could you tell me your methods. I assume you use a Wacom tablet and something like Paint Tool Sai. Is there anything else?
I used to use Paint Tool Sai, but right now I'm using a combination of Photoshop (sketching and lettering) and Clip Studio Paint.

This is all very interesting, given that we know Kel is going to end up living alone in a cabin in the woods, eating Brunswick stew with her Raichu. Some people just aren't cut out for the Rattata race, huh?

Also, since I haven't posted "welcome back" yet - welcome back :heart-full:
I don't know if I explored this in earlier pages, but the implication is supposed to be that Kel's just renting the cabin for a while, and that she's still active in tournaments and things. She's not as successful as she'd want to be, but she gets by.

I sincerely hope we get the 'Shades' spin-off that we all want.
I'm sure we'll see Shades again in the future.

So I saw this thread featured, then read it and the whole comic separately.

Twice.

Yet I cannot seem to find where you've hidden the rune inscriptions in this comic, for only black magic could possibly make Sonichu not merely readable, but good...

SHOW YOURSELF, WIZARD!
Fufufufu...

What you are witnessing is not the result of any mere spell or invocation, but the power of my stand! SWEET EMOTION!

(I'm so sorry, I just finished Stardust Crusaders last week)

The comic is still lovely, I'm happy that it continues again. Btw. what pokemon would you think Kelly would have if she had the entire rooster to choose from, @Trickie .
I'll be honest, I'm not sure. Even though I know more about Pokemon than I do Sonic stuff, I'm nowhere near familiar enough with all of them to guess what any fictional character would have on their team. Kel does seem the type that would keep multiple teams at the ready, and likes to switch up strategies, so she'd gravitate to pokemon that are pretty versatile.

Anyway, the reorganizing of my work area might take a bit longer than I thought, the equipment that I ordered came with some of the parts missing, so now I get to wait for replacements to come in the mail. Joy.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
Fufufufu...

What you are witnessing is not the result of any mere spell or invocation, but the power of my stand! SWEET EMOTION!

(I'm so sorry, I just finished Stardust Crusaders last week)
Oh, to experience Stardust Crusaders for the first time is truly a thing of beauty! I hope you'll have fun with Diamond is Unbreakable too, it's easily one of the best parts of JoJo, even if it isn't as grandiose in scope as Battle Tendency or Stardust Crusaders.

I'm looking forward to the continuation of Rosehu's saga! I also hope you can sort out reorganizing your workplace without any hiccups. Take your time!

At the risk of sounding like and entitled manbrat, can I ask if we can still apply four our little Kiwi avatars to be featured in your comic? It's perfectly fine if you're giving it a rest for now. While my weird chicken thing would love to receive that Trickie Magic Makeover, it's glad it can read Rosechu's story again.

Trickie

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Never apologize for having good taste in anime.

Maybe i'm just a sloppy reader and missed a mention, but is this your first comic?
I don't know if my taste in anime is any "good", I just kind of like whatever I like.

And no, this isn't exactly my first comic. I've mentioned before, but all the comics I made before this were terribly short, and I lost motivation and gave up on them. The longest running one I had was 10 pages, and it was pretty damn cringey. The art was awful, I kept making successions of really tiny panels when they didn't need it, and the pages would get overcrowded. It was shit. The only other comic that would be even remotely close to being bearable to show is still out there on the internet, and it has my irl identity attached, and I would rather not be doxxed if I can help it.

Maybe once the comic's done, and I'll be off toward different projects and away from the 4chan/8chan/kiwifarms sphere of influence, I'll release some old garbage I used to draw. Who knows.

Oh, to experience Stardust Crusaders for the first time is truly a thing of beauty! I hope you'll have fun with Diamond is Unbreakable too, it's easily one of the best parts of JoJo, even if it isn't as grandiose in scope as Battle Tendency or Stardust Crusaders.

I'm looking forward to the continuation of Rosehu's saga! I also hope you can sort out reorganizing your workplace without any hiccups. Take your time!

At the risk of sounding like and entitled manbrat, can I ask if we can still apply four our little Kiwi avatars to be featured in your comic? It's perfectly fine if you're giving it a rest for now. While my weird chicken thing would love to receive that Trickie Magic Makeover, it's glad it can read Rosechu's story again.
Unfortunately, Pt3 wasn't quite as good as I hoped. It might have something to do with me watching half of Part 4 before deciding to go back to the beginning at Part 1 and finish the series properly, but there were so many "monster of the day" villains, and not enough Dio. The Pillarmen felt like they got better climaxes because they kept encountering Cars and Company. Same with Dio in part 1, he was a more active participant in the unfolding events. In Part 3, when they finally get to Dio, it's like 3 episodes, then he dies. I was hoping for something a little more drawn out and epic, I guess.

Anyway, that's enough JJBA for now. I don't want to derail my own thread.

I'm glad that you mentioned the cameos, because I've decided to go along with the patreon idea and use the cameos as one of the rewards, but I'd like some feedback on some of the other patreon rewards. If this thing doesn't work out, though, I'll reopen cameo submissions to fans in general.

Now, keep in mind that these rewards tiers will be per page and not per month. That's roughly 0-4 times per month, depending on how fast I make them.

• $1 per page - You can put in a cameo request once every (month, maybe? not sure). All other tiers have this reward in addition to the others.
  • $3 per page - Access to sneak peeks and WIP screenshots. (I might also try streaming the art process in the future, not so sure on that, though)
  • $5 per page - Access to a (probably) monthly blog where I'll be writing in-depth about the current storyline and future super-spoilery storyline and all the things I have planned for the future, as well as access to a special discord where you can discuss those things with me and possibly influence the comic yourself. This one will probably need a lot of fine print though.
  • $5 per page - Early access to pages when they're finished, and not when they're scheduled to be released. This one I'm super iffy about, just because you could probably easily screenshot the image and post it online free for everyone. I'm thinking of trying this for a while, but if the honor system fails here, I'll have to take out this and the $10 tier, or replace it with something else.
  • $10 per page - Everything listed above, all of it.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Devilish Jack o Lantern

z-list super villan .
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if my taste in anime is any "good", I just kind of like whatever I like.

And no, this isn't exactly my first comic. I've mentioned before, but all the comics I made before this were terribly short, and I lost motivation and gave up on them. The longest running one I had was 10 pages, and it was pretty damn cringey. The art was awful, I kept making successions of really tiny panels when they didn't need it, and the pages would get overcrowded. It was shit. The only other comic that would be even remotely close to being bearable to show is still out there on the internet, and it has my irl identity attached, and I would rather not be doxxed if I can help it.

Maybe once the comic's done, and I'll be off toward different projects and away from the 4chan/8chan/kiwifarms sphere of influence, I'll release some old garbage I used to draw. Who knows.

Unfortunately, Pt3 wasn't quite as good as I hoped. It might have something to do with me watching half of Part 4 before deciding to go back to the beginning at Part 1 and finish the series properly, but there were so many "monster of the day" villains, and not enough Dio. The Pillarmen felt like they got better climaxes because they kept encountering Cars and Company. Same with Dio in part 1, he was a more active participant in the unfolding events. In Part 3, when they finally get to Dio, it's like 3 episodes, then he dies. I was hoping for something a little more drawn out and epic, I guess.

I'm glad that you mentioned the cameos, because I've decided to go along with the patreon idea and use the cameos as one of the rewards, but I'd like some feedback on some of the other patreon rewards. If this thing doesn't work out, though, I'll reopen cameo submissions to fans in general.

Now, keep in mind that these rewards tears will be per page and not per month. That's roughly 0-4 times per month, depending on how fast I make them.

• $1 per page - You can put in a cameo request once every (month, maybe? not sure). All other tiers have this reward in addition to the others.
  • $3 per page - Access to sneak peeks and WIP screenshots. (I might also try streaming the art process in the future, not so sure on that, though)
  • $5 per page - Access to a (probably) monthly blog where I'll be writing in-depth about the current storyline and future super-spoilery storyline and all the things I have planned for the future, as well as access to a special discord where you can discuss those things with me and possibly influence the comic yourself. This one will probably need a lot of fine print though.
  • $5 per page - Early access to pages when they're finished, and not when they're scheduled to be released. This one I'm super iffy about, just because you could probably easily screenshot the image and post it online free for everyone. I'm thinking of trying this for a while, but if the honor system fails here, I'll have to take out this and the $10 tier, or replace it with something else.

What do you guys think?
About Patreon:
Sounds neat, It's clear and reasonable.I'm sure you do have enough people who would be willing to pay a certain amount per page,I certainly will at some point.This comic is way to good to give up on, keep up the good work @Trickie.

Last edited:
  • Feels
Reactions: Trickie

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net

Now, keep in mind that these rewards tears will be per page and not per month. That's roughly 0-4 times per month, depending on how fast I make them.

What do you guys think?
Yeah, while I do like part 3 a lot, it does kind of pale in comparison to part 4. The final showdown could've been more intense (especially after Iggy vs Pet Shop or Iggy and Polnareff vs Vanilla Ice), but the road trip vibe of the show had made up for it in my opinion.

As for Patreon, I think your rewards sound great. Right now I'm trying to pull together finances for an animal shelter at the brink of bankrupcy that's close and dear to my heart, so unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to contribute to the comic right away, but I'm sure there are enough Kiwis here that'd love to support Rosechu's story. If it works, go for it!

Last edited:

Saney

Slayer of the Love-Shys
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

What do you guys think?
Looks like I'm going to have to sign up for Patreon.

• Feels

Trickie

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Fairs are for tourists, kid. 8)

Looks like I'm going to have to sign up for Patreon.
You would be more than welcome! :heart-full:

As for Patreon, I think your rewards sound great. Right now I'm trying to pull together finances for an animal shelter at the brink of bankrupcy that's close and dear to my heart, so unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to contribute to the comic right away, but I'm sure there are enough Kiwis here that'd love to support Rosechu's story. If it works, go for it!
Don't worry about it. If you've got a better cause to donate to, by all means do that instead. :)

Devilish Jack o Lantern

z-list super villan .
kiwifarms.net
I can agree with kel's mom way of thinking. I guess a kid shouldn't try to be a Pokémon trainer especially if it's likely not gonna guarantee her a job or good education,but still don't crush the dreams out right it's just mean. Well that's my two cents on the current page, keep up the glorious work !

• Feels

Kosher Dill

Pumpkin Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Next time: we flash forward to Kel's return to school, where her resentment manifests as... teenage rebellion. Soon she's skipping out on her SAT prep studies to sneak into seedy bars and watch Cole Blooded and the Rocket Arcanines perform!

I'm hoping for at least one "cameo" from however-long-ago this was supposed to be. Like a TV crew in the background interviewing Young CWC for winning the Sonic contest or something :)

New age retro hippie

NO SKATEBOARDS ARE ALLOWED ON THIS SACRED LAND!
kiwifarms.net
Damn! You're back and of course I go missing for Three updates! Feeling bad about that but finally i have some free time so let's comment!

I tried to be as critic as possible but visually speaking I'm really enjoying those new pages. especially young Kel's expressions in the second new page and how Resec... pardon, Raichu keeps acting like a dog. it's really sweet and makes all the scene really believable.
I remember reading how you thought the house didn't look good but i think that's not a bad house at all. I really hope it has enough rooms though. i don't want Kel's mom to sleep in the kitchen like other trainers' moms.

Going back for a moment I'm really impressed about how believable all the scene is.
The Pokèmon world is usually filled with parents that can't wait to throw their 10 yeard old (that, for some reason, look like 16 years old) sons in the wild. It's actually really interesting to see a different, more realistic turn on the concept of going away catching pokèmons.

that society in the Pokemon games in general is pretty safe
Yeah, except for the various mafia-like organizations that threaten to steal everything while trying to conquer/destroy the world and animals that can literally devour your soul the Pokèmon world looks like a paradise XD

I'm a bit late for the Patreon thing I suppose but those really don't look bad as rewards.
A bit concerned over the "influencing the comic" though. I suppose you mean it's to ask advices on how to develop certain storylines or plot elements but so far i think you've done a great job rearranging the Sonichu story, and I'm afraid too much fan influence could ruin your beautiful work.

I suppose that's all. Waiting impatiently for the next update, I'll try to be there in time! :biggrin:

• Feels

Aldora

YouGeeElWhy
kiwifarms.net
Kels mom is so normal, its weird when you think she comes from something based on the Sonichu Comic Universe(SCU).

And as for patreon, I have never used it before, but I would be willing to contribute :)

• Feels

Devilish Jack o Lantern

z-list super villan .
kiwifarms.net
Ah, the typical family disagreement over what you want to do with your life. Only this one includes fighting monsters.

So this is why Kel is so determined to get credit for discovering Rosechu/Sonichu
That's the million peso awnser my friend. My guess it's to rub it on her mom's face to prove it wasn't a waste of time becoming a trainer.

Tags
rosechu

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino