Sonichu [Fan Comic] Rosechu's Story - A reimagining of the Sonichu story from Rosechu's perspective.

Trickie

I refer to Christine as she/her to annoy you.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Something I just noticed was the eye color. Is that a subtle nod to Chris' "heterochromia"?
I'm not quite sure what you're referring to, but I did change the way I color eyes now. It used to be the black pupil, one color for the iris and a little white highlight, now the iris has two colors. That's probably why it's different.

I can agree with kel's mom way of thinking. I guess a kid shouldn't try to be a Pokémon trainer especially if it's likely not gonna guarantee her a job or good education,but still don't crush the dreams out right it's just mean. Well that's my two cents on the current page, keep up the glorious work !
When I wrote this, I tried my best to make it so that you could side with either of them in this argument, but considering how many are siding with mom, I think I may have tipped it in her favor too much to compensate for the fact that I mostly agree with Kel here. Some kids don't really thrive in a traditional learning environment, at least in my opinion.

Next time: we flash forward to Kel's return to school, where her resentment manifests as... teenage rebellion. Soon she's skipping out on her SAT prep studies to sneak into seedy bars and watch Cole Blooded and the Rocket Arcanines perform!
Kel as a juvenile delinquent would be a lot of fun. Smoking in the bathroom, wild hairstyles, refusing to follow dress code, getting in fights... I like that idea.

I'm hoping for at least one "cameo" from however-long-ago this was supposed to be. Like a TV crew in the background interviewing Young CWC for winning the Sonic contest or something :)
That'd be nice, but the timeframes don't really match up, even if I could fit it in somewhere. At this point I think it'd be too distracting.

I tried to be as critic as possible but visually speaking I'm really enjoying those new pages. especially young Kel's expressions in the second new page and how Resec... pardon, Raichu keeps acting like a dog. it's really sweet and makes all the scene really believable.
I remember reading how you thought the house didn't look good but i think that's not a bad house at all. I really hope it has enough rooms though. i don't want Kel's mom to sleep in the kitchen like other trainers' moms.
They're lucky to have the one bedroom, just about everyone else in Kanto has to live in a single room house, no matter how many kids they have. But yes, she has her own room, I don't want to take the games THAT literally.

Going back for a moment I'm really impressed about how believable all the scene is.
The Pokèmon world is usually filled with parents that can't wait to throw their 10 yeard old (that, for some reason, look like 16 years old) sons in the wild. It's actually really interesting to see a different, more realistic turn on the concept of going away catching pokèmons.
I figure that in the pokemon world, it's a cultural thing for these parents to allow their 10 year olds to take a year off and have an adventure. Sort of like a "gap year" that some countries have, except you do it before going to secondary school/high school. I don't know if this is really supported by the lore of the games, but it's just how I see it.
Yeah, except for the various mafia-like organizations that threaten to steal everything while trying to conquer/destroy the world and animals that can literally devour your soul the Pokèmon world looks like a paradise XD
Well, they are mafia-like and everything, but not to the point where they actually commit serious crimes. It's not like they kill anyone, they're pretty weak in battle, even compared to most other trainers you find, at least the grunts anyway. Hell, it seems like the only way they're ever able to do anything like take over buildings and cause mayhem is that most everyone else in society is so docile that all they really have to do is boorishly burst in and do what they want.
I'm a bit late for the Patreon thing I suppose but those really don't look bad as rewards.
A bit concerned over the "influencing the comic" though. I suppose you mean it's to ask advices on how to develop certain storylines or plot elements but so far i think you've done a great job rearranging the Sonichu story, and I'm afraid too much fan influence could ruin your beautiful work.
I should probably rephrase that, it's true. It'll be expanded upon whenever I make the patreon, if I decide to include that reward at all. Basically, the way this story started out was a lot different from what it is now, and a lot of that is due to feedback, people making theories, letting me know what they like and dislike, things like that. It forces me to look at my story in different ways, and I've found that a lot of times I think "actually, doing it this way would explain this and that way better and solve these problems, etc"

What that reward wouldn't be is something like "I'll write whatever idea you want into the comic, no matter how crazy and convoluted it makes the story", sort of thing.

Kels mom is so normal, its weird when you think she comes from something based on the Sonichu Comic Universe(SCU).

And as for patreon, I have never used it before, but I would be willing to contribute :)
I still don't know when I'll put it up, but thank you! :heart-full:

Ah, the typical family disagreement over what you want to do with your life. Only this one includes fighting monsters.

So this is why Kel is so determined to get credit for discovering Rosechu/Sonichu
That's the million peso awnser my friend. My guess it's to rub it on her mom's face to prove it wasn't a waste of time becoming a trainer.
You guys are pretty close actually.

Characters with actual motivations? In my Sonichu?
It's more likely than you think!

So I don't have the art for anything done right now. I've got the new set up, it's just taking time to get the parts I need to put it all together. I've got a lot less going on this month, though, so hopefully it won't be too long until I get another batch done. This means no page next week, and probably the week after. I'll update you guys when I've got something.

Devilish Jack o Lantern

z-list super villan .
kiwifarms.net
Just when I was starting to agree with her...Welp I hope she feels bad about hitting Kel. I'm guessing because drama this kind of won't happen. Although now I just wanna know more about kel's dad( plot twist ) it's Chris!! Or Ash. I would be amused by both outcomes

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
Just when I was starting to agree with her...Welp I hope she feels bad about hitting Kel. I'm guessing because drama this kind of won't happen. Although now I just wanna know more about kel's dad( plot twist ) it's Chris!! Or Ash. I would be amused by both outcomes
Kel hit the "dead dad"(?) button. I don't think she's going to cool down anytime soon.

• Agree
Reactions: Trickie and Varis

Varis

Fascistnating
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They're lucky to have the one bedroom, just about everyone else in Kanto has to live in a single room house, no matter how many kids they have. But yes, she has her own room, I don't want to take the games THAT literally.
But she's not getting the second floor all to herself?

gold_710.png

• Feels
Reactions: Trickie

Saney

Slayer of the Love-Shys
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
What that reward wouldn't be is something like "I'll write whatever idea you want into the comic, no matter how crazy and convoluted it makes the story", sort of thing.
Oh, so you won't accept my idea to have Edward Scissorhands show up and go on a murder spree then? Darn.

Tags
rosechu

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino