Sonichu [Fan Comic] Rosechu's Story - A reimagining of the Sonichu story from Rosechu's perspective.

New age retro hippie

NO SKATEBOARDS ARE ALLOWED ON THIS SACRED LAND!
kiwifarms.net
Well, I was expecting an heated argument but surely i didn't expect this.
Mildly worried on what will happen now, but remembering how much in the past Kel talked about this fight as a pivotal moment in her life, I know this won't end well.
This also ties in on why Rosechu didn't have a name before her transformation, if I remember correctly. courious on how that'll add up.

Noticed you uset the trick of having one pattern that never moves instead of a color for Kel's mom shirt! nice touch XD

In this page I really enjoyed ho you used the colors to show the contrasting opinions. before the backgrounds were mostly grey but now If kel's mom (we still don't know her name, do we?) is speaking the background is brown, like her eyes and shirt, and the same goes for Kel. I think it helps to weighten how much the two are distant in this scene.

and speaking about opinions...
When I wrote this, I tried my best to make it so that you could side with either of them in this argument, but considering how many are siding with mom, I think I may have tipped it in her favor too much to compensate for the fact that I mostly agree with Kel here. Some kids don't really thrive in a traditional learning environment, at least in my opinion.
Like I said before the whole scene feels really believable, so it's not impossible to theoretically side with Kel on the subject but, on the other end, because the scene is so believable it probably feels like she's still too young to choose what she'll do for the rest of her life.

Also it might be that your audience... just preferrs normal school!
After all a lot of weirdos this forum covers have abandoned their studies in a away or another, so it's not impossible to think that the people that come here to laugh at them may have some faith in the traditional (but surely not perfect) school system.

Kel as a juvenile delinquent would be a lot of fun. Smoking in the bathroom, wild hairstyles, refusing to follow dress code, getting in fights... I like that idea.
-Kel starts to be a delinquent to piss off her mother.
-Gradually does worse and worse things, untill she starts hanging out with Team Rocket.
-Starts a relationship with nothing less than the son of the boss, Naitsirhc, knowing her mother will never approve.
-Something extremely shitty happens and Kel realizes it's better to still try to be a Pokèmon trainer than a criminal.
-Leaves Team Rocket and Naitsirhc behind.
-Years later, while clearly still not in love, she tries to help him because she feels everyone deserves a second chance like the one she had.

Holy heck! this could explain that throaway line "Kel misses him soooo much!" in Sonichu 10!

I should probably rephrase that, it's true. It'll be expanded upon whenever I make the patreon, if I decide to include that reward at all. Basically, the way this story started out was a lot different from what it is now, and a lot of that is due to feedback, people making theories, letting me know what they like and dislike, things like that. It forces me to look at my story in different ways, and I've found that a lot of times I think "actually, doing it this way would explain this and that way better and solve these problems, etc"

What that reward wouldn't be is something like "I'll write whatever idea you want into the comic, no matter how crazy and convoluted it makes the story", sort of thing.
Sometimes I forget that storybuilding it's everything but a straightforward process. Thanks for the clarification!
it sounds like a pretty neat patron reward actually.
I now I would love to know more about the behind the scenes... but not about the plot actually. I don't want to spoil me anything :biggrin:

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I was on the mom side at first, because realistically a ten year old ain't gonna know exactly what's best for her, but looking at it from the perspective of the Pokémon world, where kids do this journey thing all the time and Pokémon Trainer is a legitimate and profitable career path, it definitely comes across as more even in that rate. Plus as the arguement continued, Kel was making a fairly good case for her side, so it evened out.

Then the slapping happened.

Devilish Jack o Lantern

z-list super villan .
kiwifarms.net
I was on the mom side at first, because realistically a ten year old ain't gonna know exactly what's best for her, but looking at it from the perspective of the Pokémon world, where kids do this journey thing all the time and Pokémon Trainer is a legitimate and profitable career path, it definitely comes across as more even in that rate. Plus as the arguement continued, Kel was making a fairly good case for her side, so it evened out.

completely agree with your points. And that slapping really made me feel for kel

Trickie

I refer to Christine as she/her to annoy you.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hey, it's been a while huh? Things have been a bit crazy lately, but fortunately I finally finished this weird idea that I've had in the back my mind for a while!

So now that I got some nice new avatars to liven things up, I'll be working on some graphics for the webpage next, and then I'll be getting to work on a batch of actual comic pages. Until then I hope you enjoy this lovely Jojo reference. :P

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
Hey, it's been a while huh? Things have been a bit crazy lately, but fortunately I finally finished this weird idea that I've had in the back my mind for a while!

So now that I got some nice new avatars to liven things up, I'll be working on some graphics for the webpage next, and then I'll be getting to work on a batch of actual comic pages. Until then I hope you enjoy this lovely Jojo reference. :P
Behold my stand: FOR YOU I WILL!
Excellent piece of art, This might be my favorite drawing of you yet. I'm struggling to draw skirts in dramatic poses, so Rosechu here is helping me out big time!

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Good to see you back, @Trickie

Trickie

I refer to Christine as she/her to annoy you.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When you love someone so much they have the power to make you lose your shit...

I feel sorry for both of them.
No one can gut shot you as hard as your family can.

Just when I was starting to agree with her...Welp I hope she feels bad about hitting Kel. I'm guessing because drama this kind of won't happen. Although now I just wanna know more about kel's dad( plot twist ) it's Chris!! Or Ash. I would be amused by both outcomes
I'll make sure we find out what happened to him. Probably not in detail, but you'll know at least the nature of how he died and why the mom's so sore about it.

But she's not getting the second floor all to herself?

View attachment 192108
Considering the size of the place, the upstairs is probably divided into two rooms, so no.

C'mon guys, its obvious Kel left because her mom couldn't understand why kids love the great taste of cinnamon toast crunch.
She keeps eating the Trix cereal too, despite the warnings expressed in the commercials.

Oh, so you won't accept my idea to have Edward Scissorhands show up and go on a murder spree then? Darn.

A patron reward could be a raffle for a sketch request or a cameo in the comic. idk I remember that there were sketch stuff early on in the run of the comic. Just a thought
I've done sketch requests every now and then, but I don't know about doing a raffle for them. It would feel a bit cheap, and not winning a raffle might be disheartening. I don't want to do that to someone.

Seems like Kel's mom has Stan's shirt from Monkey Island. (or at least a color vairant) COINCIDENCE!?
Yeah, they have the same shirt pattern bending powers don't they? This is actually a trick I picked up from manga. Usually it's not as noticeable as it is here, though. I think doing the pattern somewhat sloppily by hand like the earlier pages made it look more natural.

Well, I was expecting an heated argument but surely i didn't expect this.
Mildly worried on what will happen now, but remembering how much in the past Kel talked about this fight as a pivotal moment in her life, I know this won't end well.
This also ties in on why Rosechu didn't have a name before her transformation, if I remember correctly. courious on how that'll add up.
Hey, someone still remembers that bit! We'll find out how it all adds up at the very end of the chapter, so there's a ways to go.

In this page I really enjoyed ho you used the colors to show the contrasting opinions. before the backgrounds were mostly grey but now If kel's mom (we still don't know her name, do we?) is speaking the background is brown, like her eyes and shirt, and the same goes for Kel. I think it helps to weighten how much the two are distant in this scene.
I'm always amazed at how much you notice. It's awesome! Also, her name is Laura. I haven't decided the name of the father yet.

Also it might be that your audience... just preferrs normal school!
After all a lot of weirdos this forum covers have abandoned their studies in a away or another, so it's not impossible to think that the people that come here to laugh at them may have some faith in the traditional (but surely not perfect) school system.
Kel's mom is pretty level headed, I think that's why people are drawn to her side. Kel just looks like she's trying to get out of doing something she doesn't like. Also, people tend to think that the parents know best for their children, even if they don't entirely agree.

-Kel starts to be a delinquent to piss off her mother.
-Gradually does worse and worse things, untill she starts hanging out with Team Rocket.
-Starts a relationship with nothing less than the son of the boss, Naitsirhc, knowing her mother will never approve.
-Something extremely shitty happens and Kel realizes it's better to still try to be a Pokèmon trainer than a criminal.
-Leaves Team Rocket and Naitsirhc behind.
-Years later, while clearly still not in love, she tries to help him because she feels everyone deserves a second chance like the one she had.

Holy heck! this could explain that throaway line "Kel misses him soooo much!" in Sonichu 10!
Wow, that actually could. I doubt I'll go with that, though. I don't think Kel would go so far as to join Team Rocket.

Sometimes I forget that storybuilding it's everything but a straightforward process. Thanks for the clarification!
it sounds like a pretty neat patron reward actually.
I now I would love to know more about the behind the scenes... but not about the plot actually. I don't want to spoil me anything :biggrin:
No worries. If I do end up doing that, the spoilers will be clearly marked.

Shouldn't most recent uses of mom and dad be capitalized?

I missed a lot recently. I'll go with Team Kel over Team Mom. I feel bad that I don't remember any of Kel's Pokemon other than Rosechu and Dragonite. Dragonite would be better than a car if they existed IRL
*googles it* ...Right you are. I should've capitalized it. I'll try to remember it whenever I get around to going back and doing corrections. And yeah, having a dragonite would be way better than a car. You wouldn't have to worry about parking for one thing.

Well, I agree that a traditional environment doesn't really seem to serve kids well. On the other hand, kids need guidance as they learn.

There's a middle ground here, and I'm on Team Find It. But it's unlikely they did...
I think I might be right there with you on Team Find It.

Yeah, I also think I didn't make it too clear, when Kel's mom says she can't get into a decent college with a packet program, she's talking about prestigious places like Harvard or Yale or something. She's trying to get Kel to shoot for the moon when realistically, Kel would need to be on something like the honor roll to have a chance, and while Kel's a decently intelligent kid, she's not really honor roll material.

Behold my stand: FOR YOU I WILL!
Excellent piece of art, This might be my favorite drawing of you yet. I'm struggling to draw skirts in dramatic poses, so Rosechu here is helping me out big time!
That's actually a really good idea for a stand name, but I kind of already gave it the name "Sweet Emotion".

>Not Battle Tendency

You're dead to me
If it makes you feel any better, Joseph is by far my favorite Jojo. I do kind of wish his stand wasn't so boring, though...

And once again, thank you all for the well wishes and comments, and all the ones I didn't reply to. I always love reading your feedback. :)

Saney

Slayer of the Love-Shys
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net

Hey, glad you're back and posting again. Cool new avatar too.

New age retro hippie

NO SKATEBOARDS ARE ALLOWED ON THIS SACRED LAND!
kiwifarms.net

that pic is magnificent! I don't really know a lot about Jojo but I'm loving both the poses and the level of detail that you put in the pic. It took me a while to recognize Rosechu's flower as a Zapbud. It looked too nice to be Chris' floreal abortion.

Hey, someone still remembers that bit! We'll find out how it all adds up at the very end of the chapter, so there's a ways to go.
can't wait! but I remembered it mostly because I just re-read the comic when you uploaded the page.

This said, for something that's drawn and even imagined months apart, your comic flows really smoothly! I was able to remember the time that passed between updates only because i followed their upload here, otherwise the comic feels like it's been written in only one session!

I'm always amazed at how much you notice. It's awesome!
Thank you! :biggrin: and thank you for spending time imagining this kind of metaphors. They really give depth to the comic!

her name is Laura
Lovely name.

Wow, that actually could. I doubt I'll go with that, though. I don't think Kel would go so far as to join Team Rocket.
I usually imagine the Pokèmon world as a simplier world than ours, so to me Team Rocket is simply a group of goons that rob people and nothing more but... yeah if taken seriously they're basically the mob, and one doesn't really just walk away from it usually...

Still please do... as you please XD. I only hope you'll be able to actually fit every piece of Sonichu's dumb plot threads in your comic, but even you you don't it's not a problem.

I'm also really happy to see you again here! can't wait for any kind of update... but naturally in due time

• Winner
Reactions: Trickie
Tags
rosechu

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino