Sonichu [Fan Comic] Rosechu's Story - A reimagining of the Sonichu story from Rosechu's perspective.

New age retro hippie

NO SKATEBOARDS ARE ALLOWED ON THIS SACRED LAND!
kiwifarms.net
if she changes her mind and continues to incorporate Rosechu's Story stuff past the end of chapter 2, I'm going to have to try to either ask her to stop, or I'm going to have to stop making the comic altogether. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.
Now that's interesting, but why exactly? do you mean you don't want Chris to plagiarize what, after Ch2, will become a more original story than what we've seen so far or are you afraid to somehow further damage Chris' mind?
Because while it's a noble intent and I know how much she cares about her fantasy world, can't she be convinced that your comic is a parallel universe of sorts? kinda like Equestria girls and regular MLP are two different worlds even if are inhabited by the same charcters?
I mean, she got hit hard by the trans Rosechu revelation but that wasn't you, it was idea Guy and he was actively trying to be hurtful, not to mention Chris' somehow thinks saying Silvana interpreted Sonic in the early strips protects him from copyright strikes.
Wouldn't telling her your characters are actually Dittos or actors work for her?

• Feels
Reactions: Trickie

Devilish Jack o Lantern

z-list super villan .
kiwifarms.net
Now that's interesting, but why exactly? do you mean you don't want Chris to plagiarize what, after Ch2, will become a more original story than what we've seen so far or are you afraid to somehow further damage Chris' mind?
Because while it's a noble intent and I know how much she cares about her fantasy world, can't she be convinced that your comic is a parallel universe of sorts? kinda like Equestria girls and regular MLP are two different worlds even if are inhabited by the same charcters?
I mean, she got hit hard by the trans Rosechu revelation but that wasn't you, it was idea Guy and he was actively trying to be hurtful, not to mention Chris' somehow thinks saying Silvana interpreted Sonic in the early strips protects him from copyright strikes.
Wouldn't telling her your characters are actually Dittos or actors work for her?
that's the thing tho , it won't be an original story and Chris will just be leaching off Trickie's ideas instead of branching off on her own . I would hope that chris wouldn't steal her ideas from other people but then again this is fucking sonichu we are talking about , ripping off is it's bedrock . for one i wanna read more of this comic and on the other i want Chris to do her own thing.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
that's the thing tho , it won't be an original story and Chris will just be leaching off Trickie's ideas instead of branching off on her own . I would hope that chris wouldn't steal her ideas from other people but then again this is fucking sonichu we are talking about , ripping off is it's bedrock . for one i wanna read more of this comic and on the other i want Chris to do her own thing.
I don't know, ripping off Trickie is better than pony shit, but I can also see Chris doing his own spin on Rosechu's Story once it gets to the heavy stuff

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That said, I'm not 100% clear on what exactly it is you're suspicious about, but I suspect that maybe you think I'm only writing more of the comic so that Chris can copy it? The thing is, Chris discovering my comic and expressing the desire to incorporate it into her own canon is part of the reason I stopped (among other things). Her Cwcville is one of the only refuges she has right now, and I felt uneasy that I had the power to affect it with what I wrote in my comic, since there's going to be some kinda disturbing stuff in later pages. I don't mind her incorporating the current pages, though, since it's been fairly tame so far.

I've explained to her what I have planned for the future in the story, and she seems to agree with me that it would never happen in her Cwcville. Unfortunately, if she changes her mind and continues to incorporate Rosechu's Story stuff past the end of chapter 2, I'm going to have to try to either ask her to stop, or I'm going to have to stop making the comic altogether. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.
See, moments like this are where you drop the manners and politeness and tell the other party to go to hell. Especially if said other side is Chris, who if you've forgotten, has a habit of snowing people like this before passively screwing them (difference here is you haven't donated any money, hopefully). And I doubt anything you put in moving forward should you do so would be any more disturbing than everything in Sonichu #8-10. Chris was screwed in the head long before the homo idea guys got in his pants.

ShittyRecolor

Preferred pronouns: shit\shits\shitself
kiwifarms.net
Shitty's here to drop some hot takes fashionably late as usual: I for one don't see the whole Trickie letting OPL ape Rosechu's story as that big of an ordeal. If my fellow Kiwis are worrying about this feeding to CWCs sense of entitlement and delusions, I'd say that ship has already sailed, especially if you look at the influence of EBIN TRELL shithoarders, shameless asspatters and the likes of Idea Guy and that teen tranny squad with the weed and what not.

It's not like Trickie's trying to troll CWC or make CWC improve, and we know how pig-headed CWC is when people try to make him do some effort to become a better person instead of sperging about imaginary hedgehogs and ponies. I'd say these new, Trickie inspired pages are an interesting look into CWC's plagiaristic and revisionist tendencies, and way better than CWC doing more scarcely illustrated exposition diarrhea over what a stunning and buxom CPU goddess CWC is. Had Trickie gotten all defensive about OPL copying her, at best we would've gotten a less funny version of the whole Simonchu fiasco.

I don't think this is about clout chasing either. That would make more sense if it was done by someone like me, ie. someone who does CWC-related parodies but isn't that wide known within the boarder masses of CWC followers outside of the Farms, but Rosechu's story is up there with some of the most recognizable Sonichu fan comics, like Asperchu or The Real Sonichu. Even during its inactivity you would always find someone talking about Sonichu on YT referencing Trickie's take on them, even if only through using her art. She could've completely ignored CWC's please to let CWC use her comic, and I don't think it would've effected those of us who were secretly still hoping Rosechu's story would still continue.

Welp, that's how I see it, anyways.

Last edited:

Fapcop

kiwifarms.net
Unfortunately, I'm notoriously slow at just about everything. A few people have offered their help, but I seriously doubt I'm going to be pumping these out super fast.

That said, I'm not 100% clear on what exactly it is you're suspicious about, but I suspect that maybe you think I'm only writing more of the comic so that Chris can copy it? The thing is, Chris discovering my comic and expressing the desire to incorporate it into her own canon is part of the reason I stopped (among other things). Her Cwcville is one of the only refuges she has right now, and I felt uneasy that I had the power to affect it with what I wrote in my comic, since there's going to be some kinda disturbing stuff in later pages. I don't mind her incorporating the current pages, though, since it's been fairly tame so far.

I've explained to her what I have planned for the future in the story, and she seems to agree with me that it would never happen in her Cwcville. Unfortunately, if she changes her mind and continues to incorporate Rosechu's Story stuff past the end of chapter 2, I'm going to have to try to either ask her to stop, or I'm going to have to stop making the comic altogether. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.
Ok, maybe I’m exceptional, maybe you’re exceptional, but either way, I don’t really understand the problem.

CWCVille is a refuge for Chris, and you don’t want to influence it? That’s not on you though, that’s all on Chris.

It’s no secret how totally uncreative and bankrupt of ideas he is, but it’s not like he doesn’t have a choice.

Chris doesn’t have to slavishly copy and trace your story! (And thereby officially including it in his head canon.)

If he doesn’t think what happens in your story is likely to happen in CVCville, he can choose not to copy it. That’s all on him and not on you.

As an artist, your main responsibility is to your audience. Not to an almost middle aged man, whose shitty and utterly unoriginal OCs for some reason, and through no doing of his, got picked up by actually talented artists/cartoonists.

PS: love your work.

Last edited:

Jigaboo Jones

My Own Two Feet Stepped Footwork of Good Runnings
kiwifarms.net
@Trickie, I am legitimately and unironically excited to see Rosechu's Story back in action. I was excited to see it a binge-read the first dozen or so panels and then to follow it, and then sad to see it go. I'm excited to see it back.

From my point of view you're neither a troll nor a white knight but a webcomic artist who is not just "taking inspiration from Sonichu" or "retelling Sonichu from Rosechu's perspective/in a better way/with vastly better art" or any of these things, but a talented webcomics artist in your own right who has chosen as your storytelling medium something very very particular, to tell a story within the demented world of CwCville, but in a way that is fun, self-aware and neither wholly satirical nor derivative.

"Fanfiction" isn't really the right word either (and generally, I've a very low opinion of fanfiction, and deservedly so, for the most part, I think), even with a liberally applied use of the word "fan," you've accepted the constraints of CWC's deranged universe to some degree, although thankfully, you've kept it (so far) to the "classic Chris" phase, during Chris's naïve outsider-artist phase, but nonetheless cleverly interacting with the (anti-)fandom and trolling culture (for Chris-baiting is a culture), for instance the cosmological origin story of Solid and Liquid Chris and the heart meter is nothing short of a stroke of genius.

You have in some sense, as people have said, done the impossible, make Sonichu good. I don't know anything about Pokémon (or Sonic, for that matter) so some of the content related to that goes over my head, or I have to look it up or infer from context, but, if Chris and Sonichu never existed, Rosechu's Story, I think, would be a pretty viable effort on it's own, having well-above-par art and storytelling as far as that sort of thing goes. That you constrain this inside of the context of Chris and his deranged inner world and history with the Internet is where it really becomes fucking genius. It works on so many levels of self-reference, paradox, creativity and creative derivativeness, I could honestly go on and on about it.

It makes me think of the very best fan works, like If The Emperor Had A Text-to-Speech Device, which is aware of it's own silliness, and the broader silliness of the Warhammer 40K universe (which I don't know if you are familiar with any more than I am with Pokémon, but you'll get my point, I think), but also in it's own way respects the WH40K universe both on it's own terms and as an independent creation, and creates a narrative that is comedic and parodic but actually keeps one wanting to see what happens next, both in and of itself and as a commentary on the broader work and its fandom/cultural context.

Now, obviously, as my avatar might imply, I unironically enjoy the 40K universe and semi-ironically enjoy the Sonichu universe: one is merely geeky, at worst spergy and of decidedly intermittent quality, and the latter a clinical case, paradigmatically and bonemongeringly autistic ... but I think there's a certain commonality by which both of these derivative works (TTS and Rosechu's Story) are made of independently epic win and awesomeness by both their own qualities and their dialogue not only with the source material but it's broader fandom. Your own talents are although necessarily not to my usual taste stylistically speaking (not a huge kawaii-pastel guy--but it is superlatively appropriate for the style and substance of the story--and I do actually like what you do with the low-ish res linework, it sort of reminds me,in a good way, of some kind of avant garde classic/early MacOS HyperCard game for some reason among other things; the writing is just plain objectively good) are considerable and your process is interesting and that adds a lot; shit, I'd be honored to collaborate with you if our interests overlapped (kawaii 40k desu?) You clearly understand the (web)comic medium well and make it work for you.

I really, really hope you continue your work. Your concern expressed above for OPL's mental health (that's how I chose to interpret it either) shows you're probably a nice person. I can't really imagine what it would be like to have my Internet output change the inner world of someone like Chris, and the fact that it gives you an ethical dilemma is actually as a mature adult probably the reasonable thing... nonetheless, I really, really hope you soldier on in your work; inasmuch as the ethical dilemma goes I think you just have to go by one of the rules this forum has long ago deduced, that "Chris will be Chris," and that if anything, Rosechu's Story will be good for Chris as opposed to, say, the faggotry of Wise and Boyd.

Although I wish you wouldn't use feminine pronouns but I've noticed your user subtitle...

In a similar vein I hope you don't "touch the poop" when it comes to the tranny shit, and the pony shit, and the CPU shit, and all the latter-day derangement of post-Meme Christory, when OPL became less comedy and more tragedy. There's an infinity of material for you to work with in classic CWC, and that's nostalgia territory for many of us, and I really hope that you continue to do so. You might even be among the very few people who do fan works who I'd donate to (TTS is another.)

In short Rosechu is fuckawesome and based and your art is great. Your window onto Chris's soul, that's gotta be complicated. More thana nything I'm glad to see you doing work again.

I'm binge reading it again (also if I'm criticizing mildly wish it wasn't on tumblr but still. Keep on keeping on.)

Last edited:

Trickie

I refer to Christine as she/her to annoy you.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lost36.png

And with that, we're officially out of the slappening. I'm hoping to rush through this backstory flashback thing, just because in hindsight it's not really important enough to spend all this time on, so those of you who were wanting to get back to the main plot have something to look forward to.

Not sure when the next page will be out, things are still fairly busy, but hopefully it will be soon. :)

Trickie

I refer to Christine as she/her to annoy you.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yo @Trickie, i know we don't see eye to eye on the whole thing here but i really want you to know that i never questioned your skills as an artist. Even though Rosechu's Story is very basic art (i mean, how hard can it be for someone with skills to drew a Sonichu comic?) i can tell you can do much better. I really would like to see some original storys not associated with Chris.
I understand. Being compared in any way to John Romita Jr. or really anyone in the professional comic industry is very flattering, but I don't really think I'm on that level yet. And unfortunately the nature of this forum means I can't really share anything I do outside of it, least of all the stuff that is tied directly to my IRL identity. If you do find any non-Chris-chan related stuff of mine, it's not likely that you'll learn about it here.

I feel like even if it does get a little dark it probably isn't anywhere near whatever the fuck idea guy was going to push, so you should be safe.
Idea guy's stuff was mostly just "edgy", and that's not the same as being "dark". That said, what I've got planned right now is pretty dark.

You know, I get nervous every time I mention that now, because I feel like we're going to get to the end and everyone will be like "you said it was going to get dark, this was all really tame!" so maybe I should say that what I have is pretty dark for me? Maybe.

At most you'd probably just need to reaffirm that it's your own take on things when things start getting serious. I think he'd manage just fine, you aren't pushing him to use your ideas, he's doing it on his own because that's what he's always done. He likes your story and will incorporate it on his own because every show or game he's ever liked is in his fantasy world, if he doesn't like something he'll probably brush over it and focus more on the happy times imo.
What I mean is that after chapter 2 is when things start to really diverge from Sonichu canon in meaningful ways. I'm sure there will still be things after Lost ends that I'll be okay with Chris using, but if it gets to a point where she's insisting that these major changes to their history are part of the canon now, I don't really want that to be happening.

This isn't to say I'm expecting her to do this, like some of you have said she does just ignore things that she doesn't like, or doesn't think would happen in her Cwcville, and if I needed to I could probably convince her that this was being acted out by dittos or something. It's not a huge worry right now.

Well, so far "Chris doing her own thing" has amounted to pony stories and walls of text, so if anything I thought this might've been a nice change of pace, especially considering some of the changes she ended up making. Then again, that'll probably get old after a while.

I don't know, ripping off Trickie is better than pony shit, but I can also see Chris doing his own spin on Rosechu's Story once it gets to the heavy stuff
That might be interesting too, I suppose. Chris likes to over-explain things, though, so it might just be more walls of text.

Shitty's here to drop some hot takes fashionably late as usual: I for one don't see the whole Trickie letting OPL ape Rosechu's story as that big of an ordeal. If my fellow Kiwis are worrying about this feeding to CWCs sense of entitlement and delusions, I'd say that ship has already sailed, especially if you look at the influence of EBIN TRELL shithoarders, shameless asspatters and the likes of Idea Guy and that teen tranny squad with the weed and what not.

It's not like Trickie's trying to troll CWC or make CWC improve, and we know how pig-headed CWC is when people try to make him do some effort to become a better person instead of sperging about imaginary hedgehogs and ponies. I'd say these new, Trickie inspired pages are an interesting look into CWC's plagiaristic and revisionist tendencies, and way better than CWC doing more scarcely illustrated exposition diarrhea over what a stunning and buxom CPU goddess CWC is. Had Trickie gotten all defensive about OPL copying her, at best we would've gotten a less funny version of the whole Simonchu fiasco.
This is pretty much my stance on it too. I've mentioned it in the first few pages of this thread, but this comic was never meant to troll anyone. Even if I was trying to troll Chris, it would just be a rehash of other trolling attempts with nothing really new added.

CWCVille is a refuge for Chris, and you don’t want to influence it? That’s not on you though, that’s all on Chris.

It’s no secret how totally uncreative and bankrupt of ideas he is, but it’s not like he doesn’t have a choice.

Chris doesn’t have to slavishly copy and trace your story! (And thereby officially including it in his head canon.)

If he doesn’t think what happens in your story is likely to happen in CVCville, he can choose not to copy it. That’s all on him and not on you.

As an artist, your main responsibility is to your audience. Not to an almost middle aged man, whose shitty and utterly unoriginal OCs for some reason, and through no doing of his, got picked up by actually talented artists/cartoonists.

PS: love your work.
I realize I don't have a responsibility to protect Chris' happy place, I just know I wouldn't feel good about myself if I just let "whatever happens" happen and decide to not even make a passive effort to prevent it.

New age retro hippie

NO SKATEBOARDS ARE ALLOWED ON THIS SACRED LAND!
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 903354

And with that, we're officially out of the slappening. I'm hoping to rush through this backstory flashback thing, just because in hindsight it's not really important enough to spend all this time on, so those of you who were wanting to get back to the main plot have something to look forward to.

Not sure when the next page will be out, things are still fairly busy, but hopefully it will be soon. :)
Loving the final version of this page, especially how that single yellow panel contrasts all the relatively muted colors of the composition, maybe I'm exaggerating but it really conveys Kel's mom regret to me. Can't wait to see what her daughter will tell her.

and a bit bummed out about the "not very important" bit, knowing it ties to Rosechu not having a name I was starting to theorize why, like Kel not wanting Rosechu to feel too attached to her, just like she never really felt attached to her home... But that's enough autism from my part.

I could probably convince her that this was being acted out by dittos or something. It's not a huge worry right now.
Gotta love how other comics use bigger than life threats, parallel universes and omnipotent demigods to retcon stuff while Sonichu, even having all of this in its normal lore, just goes with transforming pokèmon.

• Feels
Reactions: Trickie

Vorhtbame

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, I get nervous every time I mention that now, because I feel like we're going to get to the end and everyone will be like "you said it was going to get dark, this was all really tame!" so maybe I should say that what I have is pretty dark for me? Maybe.
There are many kinds of dark, and it takes different perspectives to appreciate them! You've hit on one of them with this arc, and it resonated with at least some of your fans.

Speaking of which, masterful use of PTSD in this one. It's so easy to go overboard with it!

TrunksFromDragonballGT

Trollshield
kiwifarms.net
I understand. Being compared in any way to John Romita Jr. or really anyone in the professional comic industry is very flattering, but I don't really think I'm on that level yet. And unfortunately the nature of this forum means I can't really share anything I do outside of it, least of all the stuff that is tied directly to my IRL identity. If you do find any non-Chris-chan related stuff of mine, it's not likely that you'll learn about it here.
8878F164-7906-43A0-A2F2-519952C655E5.png

This is what passes for professional art nowadays in the comic book industry. Your art is way better than this. You are on their level.

Tags
rosechu

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino