Sonichu [Fan Comic] Rosechu's Story - A reimagining of the Sonichu story from Rosechu's perspective.

Pikonic

Now catchable in Pokémon GO
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, I get nervous every time I mention that now, because I feel like we're going to get to the end and everyone will be like "you said it was going to get dark, this was all really tame!" so maybe I should say that what I have is pretty dark for me? Maybe.
Trickie I have absolute faith in you as a writer and I believe you can write dark correctly.
I’m gonna sperg about Zelda here so bear with me please.
It’s really easy to compare dark with edgy but I personally like the dark that isn’t dark until you think about it.
So you got Zelda: Majora’s Mask, the game that everyone says it’s the dark one of the Zelda series.
Yes, it’s dark because the spirit of Majora corrupted the Skull Kid because he was easy to manipulate because he was abandoned by his friends, you can never save the Deku butler’s only son, and also everyone is gonna die in three days Majora’s Mask is my favorite game in the series, but the “dark” is a little obvious.
Then you got Wind Waker. “What are you talking about Pik? Wind Waker is so cute and bright.” Yeah, but when you’re done with the game you have to think about it. The Godessess flooded the earth to stop Ganondorf, and *some* people managed to survive by going on mountain tops. The goddesses sacrificed probs millions of people. Ganondorf tells you how he came from the baron desert and wanted a better life for his people, and you fucking had to kill him. The king of Hyrule refuses to let you save him, so you leave him to drown to death. These don’t hit you right away because the games art style is so damn cute.
I kinda have a feeling this story will be dark in the form of the latter, where I’ll see it, love the cute art, wait a few hours and my brain will go “oh wow that was kinda dark.”

Seregios (Att. at Law)

Causing bleeding damage
kiwifarms.net
I realize I don't have a responsibility to protect Chris' happy place, I just know I wouldn't feel good about myself if I just let "whatever happens" happen and decide to not even make a passive effort to prevent it.
None of us have that responsibility. I think we're just here to observe this madness. Maybe prevents the next version. Thank you for continuing this

• Agree
Reactions: Coelacanth

Trickie

I refer to Christine as she/her to annoy you.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Fanfiction" isn't really the right word either (and generally, I've a very low opinion of fanfiction, and deservedly so, for the most part, I think), even with a liberally applied use of the word "fan," you've accepted the constraints of CWC's deranged universe to some degree, although thankfully, you've kept it (so far) to the "classic Chris" phase, during Chris's naïve outsider-artist phase
Rosechu's Story will end shortly after the events of Issue #10, so there's only going to be allusions and small references to tomgirl or modern Chris-chan.

I don't know anything about Pokémon (or Sonic, for that matter) so some of the content related to that goes over my head
I definitely feel you there. I entered the Pokemon fandom fairly late, and the Sonic fandom never. I still had to do a lot of research on both of them before starting this comic.

I'd be honored to collaborate with you if our interests overlapped (kawaii 40k desu?) You clearly understand the (web)comic medium well and make it work for you.
Right now I'm kind of concentrating on getting Rosechu's Story done sometime before I die, and Warhammer 40k never really struck my interest. Might be neat to see someone do something cute with it though...

I think you just have to go by one of the rules this forum has long ago deduced, that "Chris will be Chris," and that if anything, Rosechu's Story will be good for Chris as opposed to, say, the faggotry of Wise and Boyd.
Yeah, I'm definitely not a fan of the idea guys either. I really wish something had come of them being exposed, even if it was just giving the money back, but it doesn't look like anything really happened with them.

In a similar vein I hope you don't "pozload my neghole" when it comes to the tranny shit, and the pony shit, and the CPU shit, and all the latter-day derangement of post-Meme Christory, when OPL became less comedy and more tragedy. There's an infinity of material for you to work with in classic CWC, and that's nostalgia territory for many of us, and I really hope that you continue to do so. You might even be among the very few people who do fan works who I'd donate to (TTS is another.)
It's too late. I'm already a CPU Goddess and also a winged unicorn pony thing. I now have the power of God and anime on my side.

Great to see you back in action, @Trickie.
And don't you worry about meeting some self-imposed expectations for Rosechu's Story; you do it exactly the way you think you should.
You know what? You're right! From now on the comic is about ponies :P

and a bit bummed out about the "not very important" bit, knowing it ties to Rosechu not having a name I was starting to theorize why, like Kel not wanting Rosechu to feel too attached to her, just like she never really felt attached to her home... But that's enough autism from my part.
That's a really good guess, but that's not the reason.

Keep up the good work, I'll wait for the appearance of The good Chris and his role in the story
Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until Chapter 3 or so.

But there's no giant walls of text! How are you supposed to know what's happening?
A more deftly skilled webcomic artist would be capable of writing an entire comic with nothing but text, but alas, I am a mere mortal.

Trickie I have absolute faith in you as a writer and I believe you can write dark correctly.
I’m gonna sperg about Zelda here so bear with me please.
It’s really easy to compare dark with edgy but I personally like the dark that isn’t dark until you think about it.
So you got Zelda: Majora’s Mask, the game that everyone says it’s the dark one of the Zelda series.
Yes, it’s dark because the spirit of Majora corrupted the Skull Kid because he was easy to manipulate because he was abandoned by his friends, you can never save the Deku butler’s only son, and also everyone is gonna die in three days Majora’s Mask is my favorite game in the series, but the “dark” is a little obvious.
Then you got Wind Waker. “What are you talking about Pik? Wind Waker is so cute and bright.” Yeah, but when you’re done with the game you have to think about it. The Godessess flooded the earth to stop Ganondorf, and *some* people managed to survive by going on mountain tops. The goddesses sacrificed probs millions of people. Ganondorf tells you how he came from the baron desert and wanted a better life for his people, and you fucking had to kill him. The king of Hyrule refuses to let you save him, so you leave him to drown to death. These don’t hit you right away because the games art style is so damn cute.
I kinda have a feeling this story will be dark in the form of the latter, where I’ll see it, love the cute art, wait a few hours and my brain will go “oh wow that was kinda dark.”
I wish what I had planned was as subtle and nuanced as that, but I think it'll be a bit more straightforward and in your face. It kind of has to be, though, as it'll be the focus of the story. Then again, maybe there'll be places where there is that kind of subtle darkness that I can work in. I'll try for it if I can.

They were probably crunched for time. These artists often work on more than one book. Maybe I was being too hard that person.
I agree here, they probably had a lot less time to work on that art than I did, and I do think there are several instances where you could say my pages are way worse and even lazier than the page you posted. I maybe don't care for the art style, but they seem to at least be able to draw backgrounds with some consistency.

None of us have that responsibility.
I agree, but Chris has been very nice to me thus far, so I'd feel bad if I affected her world in a negative way the way the Idea Guys did.

Also, for those of you not following my twitter, I made a new mascot character for my avatar, since I was getting a bit tired of the old "Twiborg Sparker" character.
trickiechu.png

Original the character, do not steal, etc.

TheWarp

Smug Tomato
kiwifarms.net
I must have a sixth sense, I don't think I checked in since Zapdos bought it but I'm glad to have seen more. Your art is coming along well!

• Feels
Reactions: Trickie
Tags
rosechu

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino