Sonichu [FAN COMIC] Sonichu: A Trilogy - In which Witlich plots her own Sonichu series

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Witlich

Semi - Clever Girl
kiwifarms.net
I'm just cautiously testing the waters here. As I'm quite new to the sagas of Christian Chandler, I can't help but want to experiment with Sonichu a bit. So, I humbly present to you the prologue plot of my experimental comic.

The prologue takes place after Christian went on a hiatus from writing his comics and thought less and less about CWCville, and subsequently parts of it were beginning to fade away. Sonichu has to jump into another human's imagination before he disappears with it.

... The imagination that he winds up in is my own*. What do you guys think? Should I go on with it?

*Edit: At risk of being a Mary Sue self-insert, it'll only be a character like me but not actually me. Dodged a bullet!

Major Plot Overhaul: In the middle of a battle, Sonichu is mysteriously taken away by an anomaly in Chris's brain that launches him very far like a cannon into the outside world. At risk of deteriorating outside of an imagination, he slips inside the nearest one he can find, belonging to a girl named Elise Lauren Ganaway. Will he survive in this new place?

Final Plot Overhaul:
CWCville is "attacked" by an old female Kaiju with a goal. She's very careful not to step on anyone or anything, and the only thing that's destroyed is the pavement where she walked. Once Sonichu shows up, she blasts a beam at him and he appears to be %100 vapourized with no trace of him left ... or is he?

He winds up in the imagination of Elise Lauren Ganaway where he's taken in by a group of abandoned imaginary creations. They help him develop further into a better character with each harsh lesson he learns.

Last edited:

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is an interesting start and will be looking forward to seeing where this goes. One thing to keep in mind though- when you write a character in a fan comic, you need to be careful about writing too much of yourself into it. Right now my main concern is that you are stating Sonichu is coming to live in you head/ your existence. This is a interesting concept, but it's risky as you are literally self-inserting yourself into the comic. It may be okay to have him pop in and exist in your reality, but at the same time, perhaps continue with him visiting other places and people. Maybe have this become the Fantasia of Sonichu fancomics - one day he's in Ottawa, the next day is the Jurassic, the next day inside John Goodman's body, the next, who knows.

But still, this is your comic and I'll be seeing where you can go with it. BTW, welcome to the clubhouse.

Owen Grady

Back for more, huh?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like it. It's a really interesting premise. Though I'm wondering why Sonichu isn't concerned about bringing the rest of the Chaotic Combo or any other relevant CWCville residents along with him. I'd think he'd be concerned about leaving them all behind and letting them disappear forever.

Also, if you really want to pull the self-insert thing off, then you should seriously be concerned about avoiding Mary Sue territory, like _blank_ said. If you have even the basest knowledge of Chris and the Sonichu universe, as well as basic writing principles, you'll understand why this is so. Personally, I think that rather than making the mind he inhabits your own, you should either (a) create a fictional character who is merely based off of yourself to fulfill the role or (b) (my favorite option) insert Sonichu into the mind of somebody closer to the CWC saga. Think about it: wouldn't it be crazy if Sonichu ended up in the mind of someone like A Log or Liquid Chris?

Otherwise, like I said, I think it's a great premise. Good luck on finalizing this thing, and welcome to the Farms.

Witlich

Semi - Clever Girl
kiwifarms.net
True, it is a bit risky with the vague self-insert, and I'm wary of it. Consider it changed to avoid it!

Though I'm wondering why Sonichu isn't concerned about bringing the rest of the Chaotic Combo or any other relevant CWCville residents along with him. I'd think he'd be concerned about leaving them all behind and letting them disappear forever.

Hm ... good point. I might have to do the first page and include them, too. It may take a while, but it'll be here eventually.

Last edited:

Witlich

Semi - Clever Girl
kiwifarms.net
Here we go. The first page of the prologue! I think I finally got it satisfactorily right this time.

new_adventure_prologue_part_1_by_imnurhest-d9h2dnc.png

Last edited:

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
10 bucks it's looking for the Perfect Chaos Monster that Sonichu mercilessly butchered back in issue 0.

And I see that mall perspective is still on point.

Witlich

Semi - Clever Girl
kiwifarms.net
Thanks, blank! I'm not used to drawing buildings, so it's good to hear that I got it right the first time.

Hm ... possibly. That just gave me a new fan canon idea! The perfect chaos monster could have been her husband or relative and that's partially why she's in CWCville.

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Major Plot Overhaul: In the middle of a battle, Sonichu is mysteriously taken away by an anomaly in Chris's brain that launches him very far like a cannon into the outside world. At risk of deteriorating outside of an imagination, he slips inside the nearest one he can find, belonging to a girl named Elise Lauren Ganaway. Will he survive in this new place?
This is an interesting premise, but I think maybe you're looking at it backward. What would happen to the girl who mysteriously got the essence of Sonichu transported into her subconscious? Will she be able to talk to Sonichu the way Chris did? Would it change her? If so, would it be purely a downspiral into insanity, or does Sonichu have some positive characteristics that might help her in the end?
And similarly: does she have an inner "ELGville", or something else? Will Sonichu become an Agent Smith-like virus turning her mind into a second CWCville, or will he end up the mental equivalent of a homeless deadbeat or fugitive?
Just tossing some ideas out there. Good luck!

Witlich

Semi - Clever Girl
kiwifarms.net
This is an interesting premise, but I think maybe you're looking at it backward. What would happen to the girl who mysteriously got the essence of Sonichu transported into her subconscious? Will she be able to talk to Sonichu the way Chris did? Would it change her? If so, would it be purely a downspiral into insanity, or does Sonichu have some positive characteristics that might help her in the end?
And similarly: does she have an inner "ELGville", or something else? Will Sonichu become an Agent Smith-like virus turning her mind into a second CWCville, or will he end up the mental equivalent of a homeless deadbeat or fugitive?
Just tossing some ideas out there. Good luck!

*Shrug* That's one way of looking at it. Although, having Sonichu in one's mind wouldn't be that harmful. We'd more or less perceive him as fictional and not real (like he actually is, thankfully).

Since Elise's imagnation is similar to mine, she's got an "ELGville" named Sarovia, but she doesn't insert herself into it like Christian does with his. The place essentially functions like a post-apocalyptic wasteland with anarchy ruling supreme, worse than the condition of CWCville. Oddly enough, hardly any humans live there, and the ones that do are banded up with the non-humans.

You'll have to wait and see! I've only just done one or two prologue pages, so stay tuned!

Witlich

Semi - Clever Girl
kiwifarms.net
I agree with A Random. Sonichu's just the tip of the iceburg on Christian's problems.

The comic will be updated at least once every other day. If not, I'm either having trouble designing a page, it's taking a long time to finish the page in question, or real life has snagged me away from my computer and needs my attention. Page two will arrive soon!

Witlich

Semi - Clever Girl
kiwifarms.net
I'm glad this comic's getting some support! I was worried it might not get attention.

I'll continue working on the third page of the prologue tomorrow ... right now I'm too exhausted to finish it.

Witlich

Semi - Clever Girl
kiwifarms.net
Thank you, Dr. Meme. This is tecnically the first comic I've ever made, so it'll be interesting.

Witlich

Semi - Clever Girl
kiwifarms.net
Next page in the prologue is here!

new_adventure_prologue_part_3_by_imnurhest-d9h2dmv.png

Now to get working on the next one by tomorrow.

New Development: Due to my crappy bed I came down with a bad case of moderate back pain. I don't know how much this'll impact my productivity, but there will be another page up eventually.

Last edited: