Sonichu [FAN STORY] Housebound - UPDATE [13/10/19]: ACT 1 BEGINS! - A Journey into Madness

Does our protag have a pickle down there?

• Yes

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coelacanth

Your local cultural appropriating living fossil.
kiwifarms.net
Is this still on going?
Still is, but I've learnt there's only so much of Chris and his world I can take at a time - it's actually kinda scary how much studying a autistic man's house and garden will take out of you. I honest to god don't know how the likes of blank and Trickie managed to tolerate the autistic lore of CWC for so long.

I'm putting the finishing touches on the next area, though (and I have also learned in the process that drawing a convincing gazebo is fucking hard). The Dreaming Studio is tiny in comparison to what's coming up and I want everything to be as detailed and eye-catching as possible.

Vorhtbame

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Still is, but I've learnt there's only so much of Chris and his world I can take at a time - it's actually kinda scary how much studying a autistic man's house and garden will take out of you. I honest to god don't know how the likes of blank and Trickie managed to tolerate the autistic lore of CWC for so long.

I'm putting the finishing touches on the next area, though (and I have also learned in the process that drawing a convincing gazebo is fucking hard). The Dreaming Studio is tiny in comparison to what's coming up and I want everything to be as detailed and eye-catching as possible.
Just remember that it doesn't have to be perfect; awesome is already above and beyond. And you've nailed "awesome" so far.

Coelacanth

Your local cultural appropriating living fossil.
kiwifarms.net
SBox4.png

You reach for the drawer handle and begin to pull it further so you can see what’s inside but stop halfway through. Why are you going to open this when you saw it shift by itself just a few minutes ago?

The air is palpable with silence for a moment as you toy with the idea of opening the drawer further.

Lolnope.gif

Eventually you let go. No, it’s not worth risking your life just to satisfy your curiosity. That’s what stupid people who die first in horror films do – and you’re not stupid.

You finally head towards the door and unlock it. Sweet freedom at last!

TitleScreen1.gif

ACT 1: DOWN THE SONICHU HOLE

Garden1.gif

You exit the shed to find that you are now in what could be described as the most neglected garden you’ve probably ever seen in your life. The grass has grown so long that it just about reaches the hems of your boots and even though you’re quite some distance from the fence you can easily make out how jagged the planks of wood look. You are certain that they're in need of urgent repairs - perhaps even replacing.

However something that hasn’t changed is the air. Despite being in a much more open area it still has that stale thickness it had in the shed. This isn't right - it's the middle of Autumn and the air should be sharp and crisp. It’s actually enough to raise the hair (or maybe fur) on the back of your neck.

You don’t like this – you don’t like this at all.

CURRENT LOCATION

Map1.gif

From where you are standing you can just make out what appears to be a green house or something in the distance. There are steps leading up to what you assume to be the back door into the house.

WHAT WILL YOU DO?

I didn't anticipate how much I would have to work on the garden portion of this story. The interior of the Dreaming Studio took a day for each screen at most, but the first screen to do with the garden took almost a month alone. I have a newfound respect for people who worked on the art for games like Clock Tower. If you really want to put in as much detail as you can, you certainly have to pay for it time-wise. I'll go into more detail as you guys discover more of Chris' backyard, but it was all a very time-consuming process. I am however somewhat satisfied with the results.

I also intend to polish the OP and add a few nice things that'll hopefully be at least nice to look at!

Thanks again for all your patience and support! Here's where the real fun starts!

Cedric_Eff

No secret, it's the meat. Don't skimp on the meat.
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 969324

You reach for the drawer handle and begin to pull it further so you can see what’s inside but stop halfway through. Why are you going to open this when you saw it shift by itself just a few minutes ago?

The air is palpable with silence for a moment as you toy with the idea of opening the drawer further.

View attachment 969316

Eventually you let go. No, it’s not worth risking your life just to satisfy your curiosity. That’s what stupid people who die first in horror films do – and you’re not stupid.

You finally head towards the door and unlock it. Sweet freedom at last!

View attachment 969318

ACT 1: DOWN THE SONICHU HOLE

View attachment 969320

You exit the shed to find that you are now in what could be described as the most neglected garden you’ve probably ever seen in your life. The grass has grown so long that it just about reaches the hems of your boots and even though you’re quite some distance from the fence you can easily make out how jagged the planks of wood look. You are certain that they're in need of urgent repairs - perhaps even replacing.

However something that hasn’t changed is the air. Despite being in a much more open area it still has that stale thickness it had in the shed. This isn't right - it's the middle of Autumn and the air should be sharp and crisp. It’s actually enough to raise the hair (or maybe fur) on the back of your neck.

You don’t like this – you don’t like this at all.

CURRENT LOCATION

View attachment 969326

From where you are standing you can just make out what appears to be a green house or something in the distance. There are steps leading up to what you assume to be the back door into the house.

WHAT WILL YOU DO?

I didn't anticipate how much I would have to work on the garden portion of this story. The interior of the Dreaming Studio took a day for each screen at most, but the first screen to do with the garden took almost a month alone. I have a newfound respect for people who worked on the art for games like Clock Tower. If you really want to put in as much detail as you can, you certainly have to pay for it time-wise. I'll go into more detail as you guys discover more of Chris' backyard, but it was all a very time-consuming process. I am however somewhat satisfied with the results.

I also intend to polish the OP and add a few nice things that'll hopefully be at least nice to look at!

Thanks again for all your patience and support! Here's where the real fun starts!
Dig inside of the trash bin for anything. Maybe for more potential weapons.

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I honest to god don't know how the likes of blank and Trickie managed to tolerate the autistic lore of CWC for so long.
Clean living, saying my prayers, and taking all my vitamins.

As for the storyline... our inventory is looking a bit sparse. I think we need to do best Airraider or Skyslayer... whatever the fuck that guy's name was... and start rummaging through the garbage. Hopefully Rosechus are immune to most vermin-carried diseases.

Vorhtbame

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Stay out of line-of-sight of the house windows as much as possible, that's the first thing. You don't want anyone or anything to see you before you see them.

So, get under the window, lift up the lid of the bin from there, take a look into the open can (seems like someone was doing something garden-related), and also check out what that placard or whatever that is might have on it.

Reactions: Super Colon Blow
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino